IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

For those of us desperate for a light hearted moment, a friend just posed a link to an Instagram account that seamlessly photoshops Trump onto Queen Elizabeth.   It's just beyond awesome and it's ogtrumpqueen. It made me laugh very hard: 

www.instagram.com/ogtrumpqueen/

You may need to cut and paste this. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Summer60 said:

:my_sad: I am sorry if I appear dismissive of you. I don't mean to be at all. I am a glass half full person to a fault! I don't hate the entire Republican party and believe there are some good politicians out there. I keep remembering the parts of rural America that voted for him because they felt hopeless. Trump gave them hope. Maybe that is false hope, but I actually do HOPE things turn out better for people who felt "hopeful."  (So much use of the word hope)

Well, if I am being truthful, it appeared as if you were being a bit dismissive. I appreciate that it was not your intent, so thanks for saying such. It is going to take more than Kanye or other musicians playing some good tunes at the inauguration to turn the massive shit show around for many people. We are a immigrant family and the crap we have had to hear over the last year is disgusting. I know many people scrambling as I type to get their affairs in order because they know their status as immigrants legally working in the U.S. is in jeopardy. Just this past week my BBF, who will also be attending the protests in D.C. with me and a lesbian, was told by her patient, she is an Ophthalmologist, that her, "Fa**** ass better be scared since Trump won and he is glad the fa***** are running scared." So yeah, you could say I am a bit angry.

With that being said, I put my money where my mouth is. I don't go around stomping my feet and perform slackivists acts on social media or forums. One can protest and be active in their communities. I have worked within my community for numerous years to help others, way before Trump came on the scene, often not making a dime or making very little. I am thankful I have a spouse that supports my efforts because there is no way I could ever be the bread winner or put a roof over our heads with some of the jobs I have taken on, but I do it because I care and because I want people to get what they need. Can't say Trump would ever do the same for his community. I am not saying this to pat myself on the back, but I see so many people calling out protesters as being slack asses that do not do anything. 

A lot of the people I have helped throughout the years will be greatly affected by this upcoming administration. It worries me. I have seen the difference in funding between a republican governor vs. a democratic governor. Guess who cut the funding? It boggles the mind that so many still vote against their own best interest, but some people truly believe the lies they were fed by Trump and the GOP, and they don't understand that a lot of their hopelessness is due to the work of the GOP over the years. They back a party that refused to work with the current administration and blocked progressive legislation. They back a party that wants to cut their Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. They back a party that has made sure the 1% gets theirs while the middle class shrinks, yet they still believe Trump is their savior.

So yeah, judging by what Trump has done since 11/09, I am not very hopeful in the direction of the country. Just look at who he is nominating for cabinet positions. Many people within the U.S. as well as throughout the world have legitimate fears. We need to listen to those fears and not shut people down for having them. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

For those of us desperate for a light hearted moment, a friend just posed a link to an Instagram account that seamlessly photoshops Trump onto Queen Elizabeth.   It's just beyond awesome and it's ogtrumpqueen. It made me laugh very hard: 

www.instagram.com/ogtrumpqueen/

You may need to cut and paste this. 

LOL.  Of course that's not very nice to compare Elizabeth to the 70 Year Old Manbaby Orange Toxic Megacolon Fornicate Face and All Around Shithead.

18 hours ago, Summer60 said:

Trump gave them hope. Maybe that is false hope

Judging from what we have seen so far, I'm going with false hope. I live in rural America and it has been obvious all along that Trump offered no true hope, he just fed into the false information that many believed. The Affordable Health Care Act has helped people here, our economy has gotten better over the last eight years, yet the GOP has people convinced to vote against their own best interest. 

Judging from what we have seen so far, I'm going with false hope. I live in rural America and it has been obvious all along that Trump offered no true hope, he just fed into the false information that many believed. The Affordable Health Care Act has helped people here, our economy has gotten better over the last eight years, yet the GOP has people convinced to vote against their own best interest. 

This has been a huge frustration for me!

I am in a VERY conservative area and I keep hearing people latched onto this false hope. Because of their being blinded by beliefs? They truly don't see what's going on. (Doesn't help that their "news" sources don't report anything.)

My husband lost his job in the crappy economy. We had to accept public assistance for a short while (while we struggled to find work in that miserable job market.) we finally ended up both working two jobs, with ACA saving us on the health care front.

I look at all the amazing things Obama has done and this ridiculousness breaks my heart even more.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If it wasn't for the fact that other people who didn't support Orange Shithead and the Republicans are going to be hurt by said shithead I'd say to the Branch Trumpvidians bed, made, lie.  I'd say fuck you to them, you wanted that toxic megacolon in office so now you can deal with the consequences of your actions. 

12 hours ago, Mecca said:

Well, if I am being truthful, it appeared as if you were being a bit dismissive. I appreciate that it was not your intent, so thanks for saying such. It is going to take more than Kanye or other musicians playing some good tunes at the inauguration to turn the massive shit show around for many people. We are a immigrant family and the crap we have had to hear over the last year is disgusting. I know many people scrambling as I type to get their affairs in order because they know their status as immigrants legally working in the U.S. is in jeopardy. Just this past week my BBF, who will also be attending the protests in D.C. with me and a lesbian, was told by her patient, she is an Ophthalmologist, that her, "Fa**** ass better be scared since Trump won and he is glad the fa***** are running scared." So yeah, you could say I am a bit angry.

With that being said, I put my money where my mouth is. I don't go around stomping my feet and perform slackivists acts on social media or forums. One can protest and be active in their communities. I have worked within my community for numerous years to help others, way before Trump came on the scene, often not making a dime or making very little. I am thankful I have a spouse that supports my efforts because there is no way I could ever be the bread winner or put a roof over our heads with some of the jobs I have taken on, but I do it because I care and because I want people to get what they need. Can't say Trump would ever do the same for his community. I am not saying this to pat myself on the back, but I see so many people calling out protesters as being slack asses that do not do anything. 

A lot of the people I have helped throughout the years will be greatly affected by this upcoming administration. It worries me. I have seen the difference in funding between a republican governor vs. a democratic governor. Guess who cut the funding? It boggles the mind that so many still vote against their own best interest, but some people truly believe the lies they were fed by Trump and the GOP, and they don't understand that a lot of their hopelessness is due to the work of the GOP over the years. They back a party that refused to work with the current administration and blocked progressive legislation. They back a party that wants to cut their Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. They back a party that has made sure the 1% gets theirs while the middle class shrinks, yet they still believe Trump is their savior.

So yeah, judging by what Trump has done since 11/09, I am not very hopeful in the direction of the country. Just look at who he is nominating for cabinet positions. Many people within the U.S. as well as throughout the world have legitimate fears. We need to listen to those fears and not shut people down for having them. 

I really didn't intend to minimize your thoughts at all. I also didn't get the impression you were patting yourself on the back. You are being a decent human and while I think it becomes clouded, I really do think the majority of humans are inherently good. I don't wish anyone ill will and I am trying very hard to not let this election further any acrimony that may be festering. My point with the music part was mostly to say I really hope you don't have more negative in your day.

I also appreciate all of your concerns and completely empathize with issues you have brought up. Oh, and I never got the impression you were looking for a pat on the back. I know you weren't saying that, but regardless, I do think you being active is awesome. 

My point is really that I want to see the good in people, in what they want from this administration and in what good can possibly come from all of this. By doing this, I am not going to sit back and ignore the bad, but, like you, I will continue to be an active member in my community to do what I can to help with the bad.

This kind of explains my feelings.

And to Kanye, I have never known what to make of Kanye. Him and Trump seem to understand one another. I also don't know what to make of that.

20 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

My dad has been e-mailing me multiple articles about troubling things Trump has been doing every day.  I finally had to tell him to stop, because it was triggering bad memories of my ex-boss.  My dad apologized and said he didn't realize it was affecting me so much.

The latest one was an e-mail about how tech moguls are meeting with Trump today, and my dad assumed that he was going to give them a "dressing down," like what he did at the meeting with members of the media in November.  I had a sudden, jarring memory of my boss using the same tactic.  With new staff or interns, he would find a time within the first day or two of that person starting work to talk sternly about something the person did "wrong."  With a new intern, it was when she showed up late because of car trouble.  With me, it was because I had the fucking gall to ask for the Jewish High Holidays off several months in advance.  It had the effect of knocking you off-balance.  You wanted to bend over backwards to please him again.

I know that my ex-boss and Trump are not the same person, but I keep seeing similarities pop up and it is upsetting me.  I am already in therapy because of how my ex-boss treated me and I don't know how I can stand four years of this.

OT: The first two principals I worked for played a similar game. Whenever anything went well for staff members that weren't in the insiders club, we would get called in and ranted at about some minor thing we supposedly did wrong. And there literally was an insiders club of favored teachers--disguised as a "book club"--those of us never invited to the "book club" were picked on endlessly by the admins. Book club members did whatever they wanted. New staff either were invited of not by the end of their first month and then their status was cemented.

So say my one act placed well at conference contest and one of my kids won outstanding performer...within two days, I'd be called in an reprimanded for a full 45  minute plan period for something like not returning essays the day after they were turned in. Never mind that when you pick up 50 essays, each 3 pages long, it is not really even feasible to grade them in 24 hours. Plus this was Christian school, so not returning the essays showed my lack of faith and indicated I might be bound for hell. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

So say my one act placed well at conference contest and one of my kids won outstanding performer...within two days, I'd be called in an reprimanded for a full 45  minute plan period for something like not returning essays the day after they were turned in. Never mind that when you pick up 50 essays, each 3 pages long, it is not really even feasible to grade them in 24 hours. Plus this was Christian school, so not returning the essays showed my lack of faith and indicated I might be bound for hell. 

Yeah I understand that.  The professors at law school have to read probably 150 final exams from 3 to 6 pages long and grade them all it'll be a while before I know how I did with either torts or criminal law.   The main professor grades each one personally instead of having their adjuncts do that.  The crim law professor said he does about five at a time.

1 hour ago, Scribber said:

I am in a VERY conservative area and I keep hearing people latched onto this false hope. Because of their being blinded by beliefs? They truly don't see what's going on. (Doesn't help that their "news" sources don't report anything.)

ITA. People really are latched onto a false hope and it helps no one to act like Trump offered any sort of real hope for rural America or for America in general. He offered racism, hatred and lie after lie. I'm not sure why anyone would think he is going to suddenly change his tune and become a decent human. 

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I understand that.  The professors at law school have to read probably 150 final exams from 3 to 6 pages long and grade them all it'll be a while before I know how I did with either torts or criminal law.   The main professor grades each one personally instead of having their adjuncts do that.  The crim law professor said he does about five at a time.

I used to do five at a time, too, then take a break and do something else. 

Every principal I worked for expected stuff returned in totally unreasonable time tables. The last one harped on and on in staff meetings about how every assignment or assessment should be returned the day after it was turned in. That's fine if it is a multiple choice vocab quiz. But a five page literary analysis in honors English or 8-10 page research papers?  I don't think so. I also felt that the students deserved my taking my time to accurately assess their work. They didn't write it in two minutes; they deserved the courtesy of my reading it carefully. 

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I used to do five at a time, too, then take a break and do something else. 

Every principal I worked for expected stuff returned in totally unreasonable time tables. The last one harped on and on in staff meetings about how every assignment or assessment should be returned the day after it was turned in. That's fine if it is a multiple choice vocab quiz. But a five page literary analysis in honors English or 8-10 page research papers?  I don't think so. I also felt that the students deserved my taking my time to accurately assess their work. They didn't write it in two minutes; they deserved the courtesy of my reading it carefully. 

If it's ridiculously long, such as several weeks and it's an adjunct with a 20 students at most, then I might say something.  Otherwise I understand that not everything is going to come back in a couple seconds.

39 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

ITA. People really are latched onto a false hope and it helps no one to act like Trump offered any sort of real hope for rural America or for America in general. He offered racism, hatred and lie after lie. I'm not sure why anyone would think he is going to suddenly change his tune and become a decent human. 

If people are expecting the 70 Year Old Manbaby Orange Toxic Megacolon And Fornicate Head to change his tune come January 20 I've got this for sale.

JDBridge.jpg

Cash or paypal.

America is skeptical that Trump can or will separate his personal and presidential interests.

There are many good charts about how even Drumpf voters don't think he'll do what he said he'd do.

I wish Kellyanne would do the world a favor and grab the phone out of his tiny hands and take it to the deserted island where she stays hidden for the rest of her life. She could take Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell with her. Maybe if she dangles it in front of Agent Orange's face like a carrot, she could entice him to that deserted island too.

This is lovely. Trump is now inviting corruption.

President-elect Donald Trump is peddling the notion that he can let his sons run his businesses but make no “new” deals after he is inaugurated. On Wednesday, he held a meeting of tech giant chief executives in which three of his adult children and his son-in-law participated.

Ethics experts were flabbergasted. “Donald Trump’s children aren’t just family, they are tasked with running his business completely separate from his running the government. What we’ve seen so far is not an administration avoiding the appearance of conflicts of interest but one actively courting it,” Jordan Libowitz of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. He continued, “The president-elect of the United States just brought in the heads of many of America’s largest companies to meet with him and the executives of his personal business. He is relying on the senior leadership of his business to help him pick Cabinet officials.” Libowitz added, “There is no explicable reason for his children to be so involved with the running of the government if their focus on the health of Trump’s business interests is what is supposed to allow him to avoid conflicts.” He reiterated what virtually every ethics expert has said: “If he is serious about a separation of government and personal business, he needs to sell the business outside of his family and place the assets in a blind trust.”

Trump seems to be intentionally and publicly blurring the line between his own finances and government business. “The first principle of avoiding corruption and illegality and wrongdoing is to maintain bright lines,” ethics expert Norman Eisen of the Brookings Institution told me in a phone interview. “His mixing of family business with the business of the U.S. is unprecedented.” He observed, “This is what we see in oligarchies, like with China’s princelings. We don’t expect princelings to be roaming the halls of the White House.”

The Trump transition ethics code expressly states, “I will disqualify myself from involvement in any particular transition matter which to my knowledge may directly conflict with a financial interest of mine, my spouse, minor child, partner, client or other individual or organization with which I have a business or close personal relationship. Where there is no such direct conflict, but there may be an appearance of a conflict, I will address this issue for resolution to the [President Elect Transition Team] General Counsel. I currently have no knowledge of any such conflicts.” We do not know if Trump’s adult children or son-in-law signed the document, but if they have it would seem Ivanka already violated it in sitting in the meeting with Japan’s prime minister. Reports have also surfaced that Trump’s sons are involved in vetting nominees. The separation between business and government seems to be, just as we imagined, nonexistent.

If any of the Trump children or Jared Kushner engage in any matters on the Trump Organization’s behalf with any of the tech companies in the room (or others they have interacted with during the transition) that too could be a violation — at the very least, the appearance of a conflict of interest. Can the four of them seriously claim that neither they personally nor on behalf of any Trump business have dealings with the companies (e.g.  IBM, Apple, Microsoft, Google) or the governments (and their owned entities) whose representatives the princelings may have met with? Their mere presence in the room conveys to business execs and the entire world that Trump’s sons, who will run his business, are among his closest advisers. The Trump transition team did not respond to our inquiry asking if any of the children or Kushner signed the code of ethics document.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.), the ranking member on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and several other Democrats held a press event on Trump’s ethical problems. They publicly implored Republicans to step up to the plate. So far we see no evidence that Republicans plan on doing so in the short term.

As Eisen put it, this all “augurs very ill” for the Trump presidency. “I’m disappointed as an American,” he said. “At the rate this is going [Trump] won’t make it through the first year without a major scandal — multiple scandals.” Meanwhile, Republicans whistle past the ethical graveyard.

I bet there will be entire semester-long college ethics classes devoted to Agent Orange. That's assuming colleges still exist after he blows up the world.

At a "Thank me because I am a egomaniac" rally this week, Trump said he was using the "LOCK HER UP" crap during the campaign and he does not care about that stuff now. His supporters don't even realize he trolled them and is still trolling them. 

31 minutes ago, Mecca said:

At a "Thank me because I am a egomaniac" rally this week, Trump said he was using the "LOCK HER UP" crap during the campaign and he does not care about that stuff now. His supporters don't even realize he trolled them and is still trolling them. 

I wonder how many people that wanted to "lock her up" prior to the election still actually care.

This past election was so strange. I thought it would stop being strange, but nope. Still strange. Twilight zone strange.

24 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

I wonder how many people that wanted to "lock her up" prior to the election still actually care.

Well since people there started chanting it, I'm guessing they cared. The expressions on the faces of the people when he said "That plays great before the election but now we don't care" as a reply showed total confusion. It was like they started thinking he was going to make a joke, but then slowly realized he was serious and were trying to grasp that he was being so open about one of his campaign chants being a lie he used to get votes.

The question isn't "do they still care", but "are they going to admit that they voted for a first class scam artist who took advantage of them." 

24 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

I thought it would stop being strange,

With a guy like Trump, why would you think it would become less strange? He spent the entire campaign stirring up hatred and spreading lies, there was no way it wouldn't continue being just as strange. 

44 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

This past election was so strange. I thought it would stop being strange, but nope. Still strange. Twilight zone strange.

Are you trying to downplay Trump's rhetoric? It appears you qualify everything you say about Trump. "He sucks, BUT..." 

The crowd seemed to be upset the other day when he said it. It was his signature chant he incited at every bloody rally and at the RNC. It is just one example of how he manipulated the masses for votes. The light bulb is starting to turn on for some people judging by what I have seen via social media.

Trump also said he was going to drain the swamp, but now most of his cabinet is filled with elitist, white billionaires that have something to gain by holding those positions. He said he was going to be transparent with his business, now we see that is not the case. We see he is trying to deflect his involvement with Russia and appoint people that are the same. You think he cares of rural America? 

The more I read those Tweets, the more my eyes roll. These are the same people that would condemn any regular person that lived like Trump -- multiple spouses with a extensive past and present history of infidelity, non church goer that loves money more than anything in their life, curses, and caught on tape condoning sexual assault. Because Trump ran with an R by his name, he is literally heaven sent for them.

Yes, I know it is rather mean to say this, but I hope these same people get their ass handed to them under Trump's dictatorship. If they look to a deity to supply them with a choice for president and they believe Trump is the answer, they got bigger issues than Vogue. They deserve what they get in the end. Too bad their horrible choice will affect so many innocent people in the process. I bet these same people will claim when everything goes off the rails, and it will, they will blame the ultimate scapegoat. Satan. 

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Are you trying to downplay Trump's rhetoric? It appears you qualify everything you say about Trump. "He sucks, BUT..." 

The crowd seemed to be upset the other day when he said it. It was his signature chant he incited at every bloody rally and at the RNC. It is just one example of how he manipulated the masses for votes. The light bulb is starting to turn on for some people judging by what I have seen via social media.

Trump also said he was going to drain the swamp, but now most of his cabinet is filled with elitist, white billionaires that have something to gain by holding those positions. He said he was going to be transparent with his business, now we see that is not the case. We see he is trying to deflect his involvement with Russia and appoint people that are the same. You think he cares of rural America? 

I've said it before on this forum, and I'll say it again...Drumpf cares about one thing, and one thing only: himself.

14 minutes ago, Mecca said:

The more I read those Tweets, the more my eyes roll. These are the same people that would condemn any regular person that lived like Trump -- multiple spouses with a extensive past and present history of infidelity, non church goer that loves money more than anything in their life, curses, and caught on tape condoning sexual assault. Because Trump ran with an R by his name, he is literally heaven sent for them.

Yes, I know it is rather mean to say this, but I hope these same people get their ass handed to them under Trump's dictatorship. If they look to a deity to supply them with a choice for president and they believe Trump is the answer, they got bigger issues than Vogue. They deserve what they get in the end. Too bad their horrible choice will affect so many innocent people in the process. I bet these same people will claim when everything goes off the rails, and it will, they will blame the ultimate scapegoat. Satan. 

Sadly, you are correct, they'll blame Satan. They take absolutely no responsibility for their choice and what it will do to the country.

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

These church going types twist themselves into all sorts of theological pretzels to support the Orange Fornicator.  Going back to that former member at the church I go to, he repeated Agent Orange's thing about it being harmless locker room talk.  I'm glad he decided we're a bunch of godless heathens and left because I wouldn't want him around if I had children. 

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

The ultimate scapegoats for Trump supporters are blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and Jews. When something goes wrong under Trump, it will be the fault of black "thugs," Mexican "rapists," etc., and not themselves for voting for such an obvious fraud. Then when the whole administration finally blows up, they'll forget Trump ever existed like they have with GWB, and pretend that Obama somehow pulled an FDR.

48 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

These church going types twist themselves into all sorts of theological pretzels to support the Orange Fornicator.  Going back to that former member at the church I go to, he repeated Agent Orange's thing about it being harmless locker room talk.  I'm glad he decided we're a bunch of godless heathens and left because I wouldn't want him around if I had children. 

I follow a scholar on Twitter who used to be a very conservative Christian. He makes the case that the Trump administration will be a alliance between unbridled capitalism and Christian dominionism. We already have Christians like Huckabee who believe that insurance company profits are more important than human lives, so the two ideologies already live side by side for some Christians.

If you look at the people in Trump's cabinet who would love an opportunity to try and force their religious beliefs on the country at large, and then think about how much Trump wants unlimited money and power, his theory makes sense. :pb_sad:

I have been blocked on Twitter by the President Elect. :o

It feels quite surreal. He hasn't got the time to divest or to attend his intelligence briefings but he's got time to worry about the tweets by little old me. 

Srsly, I'm a nobody and the soon-to-be leader of the free world blocked me on twitter. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived