IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

On 12/2/2016 at 3:01 PM, MayMay1123 said:

i see your milli vanilli and raise you a leif garrett and a shaun cassidy (betcha didn't even know they could sing LOL)

But they don't really know how to sing, do they?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

But they don't really know how to sing, do they?

13 year old me sure did think they could LOL

Speaking of singers and groups, if you were a Carpenters fan, don't ever be ashamed of that.  I watched a PBS special about them tonight and was reminded about how beautiful a voice that Karen had.

12 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Speaking of singers and groups, if you were a Carpenters fan, don't ever be ashamed of that.  I watched a PBS special about them tonight and was reminded about how beautiful a voice that Karen had.

She did and her death still makes me sad. :( 

@Carm_88,  I've seen Herb Alpert interviewed a couple of times within the past couple of years and he still tears up talking about Karen's death.  It's very difficult for him to talk about it. 

Spurge definitely has jessa's smile. He's very cute.

I cut my son's hair when he was around 1. Its not that i dont like long hair on boys, i just dont like dealing with long hair on my kids because they are over dramatic screamers... I'm not ripping your hair out, stop screeching! Hubby wouldnt let me cut DDs hair and finally she asked for a relatively short haircut and i was so friggin happy. Hubby cried at the salon. 

She's been asking for a pixie cut lately and i might take her this weekend.

I don't mind it when they're little but a friend of mine drives me nuts because her little guy is 7 and has long blond hair past his shoulders. HE has asked repeatedly to cut it but she won't because she likes it and doesn't want it cut. That's where I draw my line. When the kid is old enough to voice their opinion and logical reasons why, I gotta go with him on that one.

I have, however twice forced short haircuts on my daughters when they were a bit younger. I told them over and over if they wanted to keep the long hair (past their shoulder blades) then they had to wash it and brush it. After hours of working through knots and howling protests of pain, I pulled their hair into a ponytail and off it came with the kitchen shears! My oldest now likes hers shorter and my middle is using to learn a flat iron to contain her brillo pad frizz.

I don't mind it when they're little but a friend of mine drives me nuts because her little guy is 7 and has long blond hair past his shoulders. HE has asked repeatedly to cut it but she won't because she likes it and doesn't want it cut. That's where I draw my line. When the kid is old enough to voice their opinion and logical reasons why, I gotta go with him on that one.
I have, however twice forced short haircuts on my daughters when they were a bit younger. I told them over and over if they wanted to keep the long hair (past their shoulder blades) then they had to wash it and brush it. After hours of working through knots and howling protests of pain, I pulled their hair into a ponytail and off it came with the kitchen shears! My oldest now likes hers shorter and my middle is using to learn a flat iron to contain her brillo pad frizz.

Once they are school age? Honor their wishes!! (At least to an extent...) my 8 year old has never had a haircut. She takes care of it herself. The minute I have to take care of it (barring strange circumstances - she's sick, needs a fancy 'do, etc) it's cut.

Found this photo on Josiah's old instagram. To me Spurgeon looks like baby Jeremiah (far left) with maybe Josiah's eyes and chin.

old_siah.jpgspurge.jpg

Did anyone besides me notice he is wearing a dinner napkin, not a bib? With all the kids in that family, they must have toddler size bins, right? Oh, never mind.....

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Did anyone besides me notice he is wearing a dinner napkin, not a bib? With all the kids in that family, they must have toddler size bins, right? Oh, never mind.....

Not to defend them, but it looks like they are at a restaurant rather than a house. It's possible it was just forgotten. I'm sure they own bibs, and either the one they had was dirty or they just forgot to take one at all. 

So, since I know nothing about ultrasounds: Can we tell from this picture whether Jessa is getting real prenatal care of if she just went to one of these boutique ultrasound places again?

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

So, since I know nothing about ultrasounds: Can we tell from this picture whether Jessa is getting real prenatal care of if she just went to one of these boutique ultrasound places again?

This looks like a regular 20 week ultrasound imo...those "boutique" places usually have much more detailed pictures...

Why did she post now that she's having one baby? I really thought she would wait and push the twin speculation as long as possible. 

This is pretty out there-- what if she's having twins and she used Spurgeon's ultrasound again so it looks like she's just having one? Then she has twins and it's a huge dea, the show is saved, magazines calling, etc....

2 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Why did she post now that she's having one baby? I really thought she would wait and push the twin speculation as long as possible. 

This is pretty out there-- what if she's having twins and she used Spurgeon's ultrasound again so it looks like she's just having one? Then she has twins and it's a huge dea, the show is saved, magazines calling, etc....

Maybe she figured she couldn't get away with the twin hints and all much longer, she just isn't big enough to be carrying twins.  Isn't she pretty much the same size that she was with spud at the same time in the pregnancy?  There was a comparison picture posted recently...

33 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

and there goes story line for next season - these people never learn 

adoption, adoption, pregnancy, twins 

HA 

1 minute ago, nst said:

and there goes story line for next season - these people never learn 

adoption, adoption, pregnancy, twins 

HA 

HA indeed ^_^ she will do whatever to divert attention back to herself...

6 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Can't believe somebody spent time censoring the fetus' crotch. ~modestyyy~

me neither...what's the other black blob covering?

11 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I guess they forgot. The napkin bib suits, him though -- with the long hair it makes him look like a little hipster. Or like a little Regency man with his long flippy brown hair and cravat.

13 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

thank you for informing us 

but you can bet Jessa blacked it out 

14 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

It's probably so no one can guess the gender right?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived