IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

39 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

It's probably so no one can guess the gender right?

Yeah, they definitly want to keep that a secret. Assuming it's a boy. No bow. :giggle:

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really wouldn't be able to see it from that angle so no need to block anything. I had my daughter's bits pointed out to me on the ultrasound and I still couldn't make anything out.

I've had a lot of ultrasounds and I don't think they censored it intentionally, it just ended up that way with two big black marks on the picture and they decided that would be a good one to use since it would avoid gender speculation.

14 minutes ago, pancakes said:

I've had a lot of ultrasounds and I don't think they censored it intentionally, it just ended up that way with two big black marks on the picture and they decided that would be a good one to use since it would avoid gender speculation.

That would totally make sense.  I know very little about ultrasounds because even though the technology was around when I was pregnant, I had no difficulties with the one pregnancy I carried to term, so it wasn't deemed necessary that I have one...today they are like party favors, almost everybody gets one ^_^

51 minutes ago, pancakes said:

That would be too much work anyway. Jessa and Ben are not work people. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

that's an understatement ^_^ they apparently don't have to work too hard at making babies, hope Jessa is taking good care of herself...

2 hours ago, pancakes said:

Me too. Ultrasound pictures are all about the baby profile so other parts end shaded. I had one ultrasound tech who captured an image showing that my second oldest was a boy but the rest have all been about the face profile.

I just want to edit to add that i will have to go back and look at my twins' ultrasounds but iirc they are too big at 20 weeks to have both in a picture. Not that i think that jessa is having twins but she could still try to keep up the illusion

3 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

It's probably so no one can guess the gender right?

That's what I was thinking. If she's posting on social media she's bound to have at least a few followers who know how to tell from an ultra sound that she didn't want to chance anyone ruining the surprise. 

At first I thought it was just a shadowy area too, but the "shadow" is a different hue/color than the rest of the dark spaces in the image (on my monitor), so I think it was manually added!

On 12/7/2016 at 1:10 PM, Carm_88 said:

Spurgeon is pretty cute. ;) 

Yep, he is adorbs. It is just a matter of time until Ben starts putting backward caps on him. There were/are a million things he could have done to buck the Duggar system but his headwear fashion just makes him look even more immature and foolish. How could anyone stand and have a serious conversation with him with his cap backwards? I would have to say Come back when you learn to dress. But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, sansan said:

Yep, he is adorbs. It is just a matter of time until Ben starts putting backward caps on him. There were/are a million things he could have done to buck the Duggar system but his headwear fashion just makes him look even more immature and foolish. How could anyone stand and have a serious conversation with him with his cap backwards? I would have to say Come back when you learn to dress. But that's just me.

For me, it's the backward baseball caps + those awful new glasses that he has. Definitely not going to make a best dressed list anytime soon. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

r me, it's the backward baseball caps + those awful new glasses that he has. Definitely not going to make a best dressed list anytime soon. 

I will say it again, those glasses, please Lawd! When I do the Veterans Appreciation thing at Houston Rodeo, all the young people talk about their "Birth Control" glasses that the Army issues. They laugh about them and say the only good thing about them is they are free. Apparently the butt ugly glasses turn Jessa on, yuck. 

On 12/2/2016 at 1:10 PM, Carm_88 said:

Nope. He is now the problem of the US as he resides there. And yes, losing the 2014 Olympic hockey game vs. Canada meant the US were required to keep him. Sorry guys! :P 

That's ok USA won when PK Subban got traded to Nashville :) Love him ! 

On 12/2/2016 at 2:52 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Terrible taste in music is a childhood rite of passage. I still get teased about my Milli Vanilli phase. :pb_lol:

I have always been a Country fan, Especially Brad Paisley and Garth Brooks 

I guess my bad taste would be Dixie Chicks 

8 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

This looks like a regular 20 week ultrasound imo...those "boutique" places usually have much more detailed pictures...

She probably HAS more detailed pictures....that reveal the sex. 

She confirmed on her twitter that this was her 20-week ultrasound and that she hit 32 weeks on Thursday. 

And was spotted at the airport with Ben the same day Derick Dullard was flying around. Couples' trip? Family trip to Hawaii (SFO is a big feeder to the Islands). I doubt they're going back to Asia; they seemed to hate it the first go-round, and that's just what we saw on camera. 

5 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Why did she post now that she's having one baby? I really thought she would wait and push the twin speculation as long as possible. 

This is pretty out there-- what if she's having twins and she used Spurgeon's ultrasound again so it looks like she's just having one? Then she has twins and it's a huge dea, the show is saved, magazines calling, etc....

Nah, last week she posted side-by-side pictures of both pregnancies at the same gestation. She looked virtually the same. No way in hell it's twins. 

21 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I don't mind it when they're little but a friend of mine drives me nuts because her little guy is 7 and has long blond hair past his shoulders. HE has asked repeatedly to cut it but she won't because she likes it and doesn't want it cut. That's where I draw my line. When the kid is old enough to voice their opinion and logical reasons why, I gotta go with him on that one.

I have, however twice forced short haircuts on my daughters when they were a bit younger. I told them over and over if they wanted to keep the long hair (past their shoulder blades) then they had to wash it and brush it. After hours of working through knots and howling protests of pain, I pulled their hair into a ponytail and off it came with the kitchen shears! My oldest now likes hers shorter and my middle is using to learn a flat iron to contain her brillo pad frizz.

As one with a later-in-life realization that my awful, seemingly unmanageable hair was actually curly, might your middle one need to try more curl-friendly hair routines? If someone had told me in middle school to condition my hair well in the shower and to not touch it with any brushes or combs after, just squish in some gel or mousse, I would have been saved a lot of trouble and embarrassment over the years :) 

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

So, since I know nothing about ultrasounds: Can we tell from this picture whether Jessa is getting real prenatal care of if she just went to one of these boutique ultrasound places again?

she should've blocked it out because that's a girl skull, right there.

As Xgay Greg would say, they are not JOB type people!

I was thinking it's a girl, too, but I thought my daughter was a boy all along, so never mind me :) Jessa is going to play it up, whatever the sex, hers is the only current (announced) bun in a duggar oven atm... 

2 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I was thinking it's a girl, too, but I thought my daughter was a boy all along, so never mind me :) Jessa is going to play it up, whatever the sex, hers is the only current (announced) bun in a duggar oven atm... 

Exactly! Jessa's going to play it up no matter what the baby is. That's just what she does to keep the spotlight on her. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's probably another boy. I think Jessa would be playing it up on her IG if it were a girl. 

If I were her and having another boy I think I'd tell the adoring fans as soon as possible so they could get used to/be happy with it long before the baby's birth. No one wants their baby born into a sea of disappointed comments. But who knows, maybe she has a different rationale. 

I always got the impression both Jill and Jessa really wanted girls.

Of course, with the predicted litter of children they will each give birth to I'm sure they want a couple daughterslaves as the first few born.

18 hours ago, goldengrove said:

me neither...what's the other black blob covering?

The nipples? Which makes me think it's a girl, because baby girl nipples are defrauding but baby boy nipples aren't. :pb_rollseyes: Not that you can make out that kind of detail anyway...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived