IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

I'm not quite sure comparing Jinger to Alyssa Bates is correct. Alyssa was never seen as one of the fundier Bates. She couldnt wait to get married at 19 and apart from going to church on Sunday, she seems to have totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism. This does not seem to be the case with Jinger. She appears to have done quite a bit of prison ministry and also met Jeremy through Ben "the zealot" Seewald. I would love her to break away just a little bit but I wouldn't hold my breath.

did you actually see her doing this prison ministry - if you haven't maybe she didn't 

can we stop trying to prop this chick up 

she is in a cult 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nst said:

did you actually see her doing this prison ministry - if you haven't maybe she didn't 

can we stop trying to prop this chick up 

she is in a cult 

there was an episode where she was doing ministry in a womens prison and she went to get some advice from Michelle before she went  in there. She is also seen in some group photos of a Gothard group outside a prison. I agree she is in a cult - thats why I dont think she will break away that quickly, unfortunately.

The People article says Michael was the ring bearer.  I wonder if there were flower girls?   

I wonder if TLC gave them more money thinking they're investing in a higher rated show? Now way JB foot that bill by himself. 

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually we don't know what shoes she wore to the wedding, or what outfit.  We saw a picture from the after party at the TTH.  She very likely changed out of the wedding outfit.  We'll have to wait to see.  She did wear nicer flats to Amy's wedding.

This is true! I don't begrudge anyone being comfortable- I myself have changed out of crummy shoes after the wedding ceremony was over. I still do hope she was able to find nicer shoes for the ceremony, however.

10 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

The People article says Michael was the ring bearer.  I wonder if there were flower girls?   

For a moment I thought you meant Michael Bates/Keilen, not Michael Duggar, and I was REALLY FUNDAMENTALLY CONFUSED because adult women are not usually ringbearers. Carrying on...

1 minute ago, withaj said:

For a moment I thought you meant Michael Bates/Keilen, not Michael Duggar, and I was REALLY FUNDAMENTALLY CONFUSED because adult women are not usually ringbearers. Carrying on...

lol, I quickly read Michelle and was even more confused.  

I'm trying to look in the background to see if Joe looks depressed about losing his BFF in the house. lol

I love the bridesmaids' dresses now that I've seen them all together. I wouldn't have chosen all of those shades, but I like the combination. And I actually liked what I saw of Michelle's dress! 

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

But maybe she doesn't care about having dressy and comfortable shoes. Maybe it's not that important in her life. Maybe she doesn't even think about it.  It's clear that nobody else around her minds, otherwise she'd have changed by now.

And if she doesn't care, and her family doesn't care, doesn't that make them "appropriate" by default?

It's strange to me that for all their talk of marriage and babies the Duggar parents don't put forth a whole lot of effort to not look like schlumps at a formal wedding. Of course if no one cares about Michelle's shoes, then they're "appropriate". That doesn't mean they don't look out of place/informal compared to everyone else. Even if they're not as comfy as her usual clogs most people will be fine for  two or three hours for a ceremony and pictures after.

The Duggars are reality stars and can certainly afford both the time and cost to find some nicer shoes that are dressy yet comfortable for the eleventy thousand weddings they'll be attending over the course of the next several years. And heck, even if someone DID care, she's perfect Mama Duggar. Jinger wouldn't dare ask her to wear something a little nicer. 

We should be able to see the shoes soon and put this one to bed since we've seen the top of the dress Michelle wore to the wedding.  It was purple matching Jim Bob as many had suspected. 

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Hi.  I just stopped in to see the latest... and I had to double - check what thread I was in.... this is not Say Yes To The Dress, right?!

I would encourage the wedding-loving commenters to go back and re-read @formergothardite and @MargaretElliott's posts.

Regardless of how lovely a wedding is, these people are part of a cult.  Jinger has never been able to have free agency, speak or think for herself, and now she has been given away to someone who might as well be a casual acquaintance, as they have had zero alone time to get to know each other.  He is her headship and she must joyfully obey.

Think about that.

I apologize if I sound snippy - I just get a little frustrated over the shoes and dress comments when there is a much darker, more demoralizing situation going on.  Don't be distracted by the shiny objects.

Thanks for this important reminder.  As a lover of all things shiny I sometimes have to remind myself of the same thing.

56 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

I'm not quite sure comparing Jinger to Alyssa Bates is correct. Alyssa was never seen as one of the fundier Bates. She couldnt wait to get married at 19 and apart from going to church on Sunday, she seems to have totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism. This does not seem to be the case with Jinger. She appears to have done quite a bit of prison ministry and also met Jeremy through Ben "the zealot" Seewald. I would love her to break away just a little bit but I wouldn't hold my breath.

While Alyssa does now wear pants, plenty of Gothardites do. I'm wondering what makes you think she's "totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism"? Her in-laws are prominent members of ATI (her FIL is known as "Taliban Dan" in Congress) and she has made no indication that she has rejected any of their views on birth control, women's rights, and Dominionism.

Jinger's wedding looks like it was beautiful and I hope that it was all that she ever wanted. I do like her dress a lot. I had a pretty big dress for my prom, loads of crinoline, peeing is not easy; requires assistance lol. But it's all very modest because you can't see anything because of the dress. 

2 hours ago, withaj said:

I think the girl 3rd from the right must be a Duggar family friend. There's a photo on DFO that shows her with Jana installing a showerhead.

That's not the same chick from the DFO photo. After a little investigating, the bridesmaid in the picture is McKenzie Natasha, who I believe goes to the same home church as the Duggars. The girl in the DFO pic is Amber Diaz Perez, a friend of the Duggars along with her daughters who one of them was also featured on the DFO alongside Jana at Lowe's. BTW, Jana is most likely with them doing house fixes because one of Amber's daughters is getting married next week in Fayetteville to Andrew Patton (aka thelonehubert). That would be my guess. 

8 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

That's not the same chick from the DFO photo. After a little investigating, the bridesmaid in the picture is McKenzie Natasha, who I believe goes to the same home church as the Duggars. The girl in the DFO pic is Amber Diaz Perez, a friend of the Duggars along with her daughters who one of them was also featured on the DFO alongside Jana at Lowe's. BTW, Jana is most likely with them doing house fixes because one of Amber's daughters is getting married next week in Fayetteville to Andrew Patton (aka thelonehubert). That would be my guess. 

The photos may be of different girls, but the bridesmaid in the photo is not McKenzie Natasha according to the caption in People. I couldn't make the first name out very well, but K-something Peters is her name.

Also, there are two different girls in the most recent DFO photos -- one with Jana at Lowe's and a different girl with her in the bathroom. 

ETA: It's possible the caption could be Kenzie Peters, but in that case you may be referring to the same person, but her name is incorrect.

5 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

The caption in the magazine says the bridesmaid is "Kamala Peters"

23 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

While Alyssa does now wear pants, plenty of Gothardites do. I'm wondering what makes you think she's "totally thrown off the shackles of Gothardism"? Her in-laws are prominent members of ATI (her FIL is known as "Taliban Dan" in Congress) and she has made no indication that she has rejected any of their views on birth control, women's rights, and Dominionism.

I wasn't implying that Jinger would stop being religious when I mentioned that she reminds me of Alyssa.  I meant it in the most superficial sense. This is really more in response to @Fluffles.  Also Jeremy isn't IBLP.  Don't know what he had to agree to, to get in with JB.  His mom does not seem too meek.  Hope she has some influence on Jinger even though they live far away.  Only time will tell.

I normally like to see bridesmaid dresses in different colours, but I'm sorry, but I just loathe the colour combinations of these. Jill's in particular just seems to clash. Anna's isn't much better...

Jinger's dress is ok. Like her shoes. The train looks - dare i say it - majestic (but where are her similarly majestic pearls???), but I hope for her sake that it detaches somehow and she didn't have to drag that thing around the whole time she was in the dress... Jeremy's outfit is better than most of the grooms I've seen at fundy weddings.

That's my superficial snark for the day.

20 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I think you meant Andrew Hubert :my_smile:

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I wasn't implying that Jinger would stop being religious when I mentioned that she reminds me of Alyssa.  I meant it in the most superficial sense. This is really more in response to @Fluffles.  Also Jeremy isn't IBLP.  Don't know what he had to agree to, to get in with JB.  His mom does not seem too meek.  Hope she has some influence on Jinger even though they live far away.  Only time will tell.

Well, Derick isn't/wasn't IBLP.  I hope you're right about Jeremy's mom, but look at what her husband preaches about women.

I'm surprised Lydia Patton wasn't a bridesmaid. I don't like those bidesmaids dresses :pb_neutral:

51 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm trying to look in the background to see if Joe looks depressed about losing his BFF in the house. lol

I will admit to enlarging the pic to look in the background for the jrod family LOL

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

cake.png

books.png

brides.png

pic.png

things.png

church.png

carry.png

rents.pngjinger-duggar-7.jpg

Oh, I love her dress! And the shoes. It's all very nice, Michelle's comments about leading and following notwithstanding. 

I basically like everything about Jinger's wedding. Unfortunately Michelle's assessment about Jinger is probably true. Jinger never seemed to be one of the leaders in the Duggar family. She seemed to always follow Jessa. I'm actually glad Jinger's wedding was so very different from Jessa's. I was kind of afraid she would just reuse some of Jessa's ideas and wedding decor. But she had her own style of wedding. Good for her. 

Loved her dress, flowers and shoes. Her shoes are beautiful. They can be worn again. Wedding shoes usually end up in the back of a wardrobe forgotten about. These shoes certainly won't. I hope. 

We need to see all of Meecheles dress. It does look promising though. No Tin man looks! Yeah! 

Jingers brothers let her down, they look scruffy. Shoes unpolished/brushed. Non matching trousers. Braces holding their trousers up, a smart belt would have given a more finished look. Can't tell who is who in the howler line up now they are older but the brother with his hands in his pockets should have known better. He looks slovenly, as if he has just walked in from the street to a strangers wedding. The boys in that line up all do.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived