IGNORED

For nervous Democrats, I'm here to talk you off the ledge!

RoseWilder

16 minutes ago, dramallama said:

I'm watching The West Wing on Netflix and feeling like the political nerd that I am.

I LOVE WEST WING! I bought the entire dvd set a couple years ago at Christmas for my husband.

However, I can't join you, our alma mater is trying to stay undefeated and play tonight. Need to cheer them on!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I don't want to Iive in the real life version of Idiocracy.  Really, I don't. :(

I don't think that will happen BTW, just marveling at what so many people in our country are susceptible to...

I find it horrifying that he's going to win any states at all.  And probably the state where I live, which voted for Obama twice.  I mean, what the actual fuck?  How does that happen?  And the number of people I've seen on Facebook insisting that the country will literally cease to exist if "Hitlary/Killary/Hilliary" wins s just....huh?  I honestly feel like I'm reading the thoughts of an alien species, I am so incapable of processing/understanding how people come to believe these things.  Literally that the sky is falling.  A central-left moderate in the White House, oh noes!!!!   The republic will never survive!  But a day-glo proto-facist, that's AWESOME.

On 11/7/2016 at 11:23 AM, QuiverDance said:

I'm just a regular, moderate middle class former Republican person who makes just BARELY too much money to qualify for healthcare subsidies but can't afford ACA HIX premiums in 2017, who can't afford to pay  more income taxes, and who wants to see more fiscal responsibility in government.  What I can't abide is depriving people (read: women) of needed healthcare from Planned Parenthood to promote a histrionic abortion agenda that is based more on  rhetoric than reality, who owns a gun and still understands why gun control is important, who can make a decision without consulting Jesus, and who knows that discriminating against entire ethnicities, races, religions, or genders is shortsighted and LOSES ELECTIONS.  In other words, someone with half a brain, half a heart, a little compassion, a desire to see the world progress and our country lead in that progression.  I have been disenfranchised my entire voting life, and until 2012 I defaulted Republican because of national security and taxation.  But that is over.  I will not cast one more Republican ballot until the party fixes the toxicity that pervades it. 

All of this! I was republican because I believe in small government and fiscal responsibility. Now I'm an independent. 

30 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I don't want to Iive in the real life version of Idiocracy.  Really, I don't. :(

I don't think that will happen BTW, just marveling at what so many people in our country are susceptible to...

We're so close to that movie already that I was genuinely concerned. This thread has helped, a lot.

It's mead time here now. Bottoms up!

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

I'm just going to barf. 

We are all holding each other and drinking in the Results thread. I might join you. 

Hilarious reading some of these posts now after the election!  Today is a great day!  Not totally sold on a Trump presidency (voted for Cruz in the primary) but so glad it's not Hillary!  Ding dong, the witch is dead! 

1 hour ago, Iamthe20thDuggarKid said:

Hilarious reading some of these posts now after the election!  Today is a great day!  Not totally sold on a Trump presidency (voted for Cruz in the primary) but so glad it's not Hillary!  Ding dong, the witch is dead! 

What a nasty, hateful comment to make.  I feel sorry for you.

4 minutes ago, mamallama said:

Who'll be wearing black nail polish for the inauguration?

What's the reasoning? Not saying no, I just don't understand.

Just my way of snapping at the poster above.

ETA-my nails are so bitten down from last night I'm not likely to wear nail polish for a long time

1 minute ago, mamallama said:

Just my way of snapping at the poster above.

Aha. I don't understand it, but go nuts. :)

Wait, are we going with the witches wear black thing? Cos then I get it. I'm old and uncool, and also very sleep deprived.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Aha. I don't understand it, but go nuts. :)

Wait, are we going with the witches wear black thing? Cos then I get it. I'm old and uncool, and also very sleep deprived.

Me too, probably also driving my response.

4 hours ago, Iamthe20thDuggarKid said:

Your wish was granted...   watch out, karma's a bitch.

Archived