IGNORED

For nervous Democrats, I'm here to talk you off the ledge!

RoseWilder

14 hours ago, Destiny said:

You will NOT be alone.

I have three bottles of wine in the fridge waiting. Red, white, and sparkling. And a growler of hard cider. 

I don't know what's gonna happen when I walk in the door at 6pm, but I am prepared for all eventualities.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, outtheblue said:

I don't know if I can turn on the news...I might just have to be on FJ for updates.

If you want to see updates without all the fake "it's a close race" drama that the media is engaged in, Daily Kos is going to keep the top of their main page updated with both the presidential and senate election results: 

http://www.dailykos.com/

31 minutes ago, outtheblue said:

I don't know if I can turn on the news...I might just have to be on FJ for updates.

TBH, I was even too nervous to watch the debates and had to turn to FJ for updates on those.  I might need a gallon of prozac tonight even to check on these threads on FJ.

@Destiny what time will the election results thread be unlocked?

6 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

If you want to see updates without all the fake "it's a close race" drama that the media is engaged in, Daily Kos is going to keep the top of their main page updated with both the presidential and senate election results: 

http://www.dailykos.com/

OK thank you!

I'd also like to recommend aromatherapy for those extra anxious moments tonight. Lemon and lavender and mint do wonders for me. Light a few scented candles.

I didn't hear about the wear white thing until this morning.  It wouldn't have helped, though.  I don't own a single article of white clothing, not even socks.  I think white makes me look fat. :P

Speaking of fat, if you go to Krispy Kreme today and show them your voter sticker they will give you a free donut.

I'm not saying how I know this. ;)

We have a thread for results. I can't link it because I'm on phone but it's in this same forum. I'll be here for it, and I know others will too. :)

@kpmom, I think I have it set to open at 7:30 eastern. I said exactly when in the thread.

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

We have a thread for results. I can't link it because I'm on phone but it's in this same forum. I'll be here for it, and I know others will too. :)

@kpmom, I think I have it set to open at 7:30 eastern. I said exactly when in the thread.

I am glad we have this forum, whichever way it goes. :my_smile:

1 minute ago, outtheblue said:

I am glad we have this forum, whichever way it goes. :my_smile:

Yup. I am praying to FSM that he will not make us have to look at Trump sucks avatars for the next 4 years. I don't want it any more than y'all do, and I have a new (and awesome) avatar picked out for when The Orange Dick is roundly defeated tonight. 

It has just been pointed out to me that parts of Indiana and Kentucky close at 6 eastern. I'm going to go change the topic to open at 5:30. 

I honestly don't think he's going to win. Not because of any polls or anything - but because I do think the majority of people out there are decent human beings who won't want Cinammon Hitler representing them for four years.

So I'm choosing to be positive tonight. I look forward to watching President Clinton be inaugurated this January. 

I tell you what, y'all...my emotions have run the full spectrum during this election, from anxious and fearful to angry and indignant and on to hopeful to almost satisfied. 

This forum has been my daily source for info updates and opinions/feelings of everyone else, both American and otherwise. I have very much appreciate having been able to be part of it (although my basic nature tends to be more of a lurk-mode variety.)

I must confess: I have not voted since the 2000 election, where I lost faith in our voting process, thinking my vote had counted for nothing if the Electoral College could vote in the candidate that was not chosen by the popular vote of the people. Here at FJ, I learned more about the Electoral College, the voting process, the polling system, the role of the press in an election, etc, etc than I ever thought I'd care to know.

And all of it was interesting. I've been here some 20 times a day every day in the past few months. 

I'm heading out to vote after dinner, wearing green and white to honor and respect our suffragette sisters of last century, where I will proudly vote "Hill YES" for HRC.

Grateful, guys, I am grateful. Grateful FJ exists, grateful to be a member, grateful to be in the company of so many awesome, intelligent, well-informed and damned hilarious others, grateful to be able to vote after all, grateful to have a choice in the person of HRC to be President, grateful she can beat Trump, and even grateful to be an American.

OK, dumb question time:  If/when Hillary is inaugurated, will she be referred to as Madame President?(And what will Bill's title be?)

Thank you for being voices of reason and sanity. It's too early to start on my wine stash, so I'm rereading this thread to calm myself down.

10 minutes ago, smittykins said:

OK, dumb question time:  If/when Hillary is inaugurated, will she be referred to as Madame President?(And what will Bill's title be?)

I read that she will be Madame President and he will be the First Gentleman.

25 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Thank you for being voices of reason and sanity. It's too early to start on my wine stash, so I'm rereading this thread to calm myself down.

It's never to early to break out the wine. . .YOLO! The Pinot is already out and poured here in the Sunshine state. At this point, I AM using a glass. . .

Don't let me drink alone!

I will be joining you when I get out of this class and meeting. You will NOT drink alone!

I wore a cteam colored sweater today without even realizing what it represents. Thete wsd not much of a line when I voted.  Mr. A and I had no difficulties voting.  A young woman had some.  It seemed like they were telling her she was at the wrong precinct.  She was able able straighten it out when they rescanned rescanned her driver's license. 

I haven't been on FJ much lately but I am so, so glad I found this thread last week. It truly did help me keep my anxiety to below-disrupting-my-life levels. 

I felt good today, mostly, voting early and spending the day among community members who are as blue as I am--I'm lucky to live in a big blue sea in a pretty blue state. Now, all by myself until my wife gets home from her evening class, I am feeling more nervous. Trying not to break out the alcohol on my own...

Thank you so much, @RoseWilder , for your calming links and presence.

I don't want to Iive in the real life version of Idiocracy.  Really, I don't. :(

I don't think that will happen BTW, just marveling at what so many people in our country are susceptible to...

Archived