IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

On 11/11/2016 at 5:57 PM, Jana814 said:

I noticed that also. I guess since Drew is a little older he has taken Joshua's place as favorite grandchild. 

Joshua wasn't sticking to the schedule and wanted to put some salt on his bean burrito filling. He's as good as dead to Steve.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I realize I don't live the most exciting life, but damn! My life is positively thrilling compared to the Maxwells. They seem to get more and more boring each year. The Maxwells are stuck in a rut for sure. 

My life isn't exciting either. But I do more in a day then the Maxwell's do in a week.  

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I realize I don't live the most exciting life, but damn! My life is positively thrilling compared to the Maxwells. They seem to get more and more boring each year. The Maxwells are stuck in a rut for sure. 

I have a pretty dull life, but I also don't feel the need to blog about the most mundane aspects of it as though they're revolutionary.

I don't think their lives are as dull as they represent on their blog.  We know that they visit other fundie families but almost never mention it.  Someone recently found pictures of them visiting another family and protesting at an abortion clinic (I forget which family it was), and we know they've attended Duggar weddings and graduations.  They must have also visited with Elissa's family before the wedding to Joseph.  I don't know why they never mention these events, since it would make their blog much more interesting.  It would also make them more appealing to other fundies, since they would not appear so severely isolated.  

Limiting their blog to just mundane activities makes no sense at all.

21 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Why do they think it was necessary to go into detail about how they made this "delightful" recipe? And for findie girl-women, you would think that it wouldn't be surprising that it was easy to scoop yogurt into a bowl and add some fruit and granola. That's not even a recipe. That's just having a bowl of cereal.

I think that about so many of their food posts - hell, most of their posts in general.

They live in such a small bubble they think the things they do are new and exciting and different and interesting and others wand to see/know all their discoveries.

Parfaits are simple, basic, easy and absolutely nothing new or challenging or exciting. Or, even special. Millions of people make them every days. Go to any fast food restaurant and they have them. 

I seriously cannot even comprehend a life where making parfaits is blog-worthy. 

I live alone and today is not a special day. But, I made quiche lorraine for breakfast, for today and to take to work all week. Not difficult by most people's standards, but far more interesting than parfaits. I didn't blog about it or even put it on social media. I make it pretty often, actually, so it is rather mundane in my world. 

Of course, I'm not desperately trying to hold onto followers so they buy my stuff, so clearly our motives for life are completely different.

I read the boring parfait post.  Apparently, parfaits are a revelation to the Maxwells.  Anyway, I clicked on one of the recommended posts below the holy parfait post.  I read a few more posts this way and came across one about a surprise tea party for Anna.  Which leads me to ask: What is with Sarah's proclivity to use "And, yes" sentences.  The title of the surprise party post mentioned the surprise party.  The beginning of the post mentioned the surprise party.  Toward the end of the post Sarah says, "And yes, it was a surprise tea party for Anna."  

Why?  I've noticed that she does this a bit.  It's always to something obvious, too, or maybe to something she thought readers were wondering but they weren't.  

I don't get these people.  Why does she write this way?  And why are there always so many surprise events?  The child can't write in a way to elicit excitement.

Sorry this is all over the place.  The Maxwells boggle my brain.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Parfaits are simple, basic, easy and absolutely nothing new or challenging or exciting. Or, even special. Millions of people make them every days. Go to any fast food restaurant and they have them. 

They're sold in every grocery store within 15 miles of my house and probably a wider range than that.  I laughed that she emphasized it was homemade granola, but with all their yogurt making talk there was the commercial store bought yogurt container on the counter.

Anna knows how to make yogurt, too. That used to be in her biography, and they did a post about her making it. I guess she doesn't have time int he schedule any more?

If they're going to have a post about yogurt parfaits with homemade granola, I would appreciate their granola recipe. I'm looking for a good (and easy) one. That would have given the post a little value.

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Well, to be fair, I would have totally screwed them up. I mean, I would have put a thick layer of granola down, and in my ignorance, I would have put a full layer of strawberries in as well. Who knew the berries were for perimeter decoration only? It's entirely possible I would have gone a little overboard and made several layers of berries and granola--total overkill, pure madness on my part. 

I'm so grateful I can now perfectly parfait.

5 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

I read the boring parfait post.  Apparently, parfaits are a revelation to the Maxwells.  Anyway, I clicked on one of the recommended posts below the holy parfait post.  I read a few more posts this way and came across one about a surprise tea party for Anna.  Which leads me to ask: What is with Sarah's proclivity to use "And, yes" sentences.  The title of the surprise party post mentioned the surprise party.  The beginning of the post mentioned the surprise party.  Toward the end of the post Sarah says, "And yes, it was a surprise tea party for Anna."  

Why?  I've noticed that she does this a bit.  It's always to something obvious, too, or maybe to something she thought readers were wondering but they weren't.  

I don't get these people.  Why does she write this way?  And why are there always so many surprise events?  The child can't write in a way to elicit excitement.

Sorry this is all over the place.  The Maxwells boggle my brain.

To the bolded - that made me laugh!

1 hour ago, molecule said:

If they're going to have a post about yogurt parfaits with homemade granola, I would appreciate their granola recipe. I'm looking for a good (and easy) one. That would have given the post a little value.

Definitely, and even a link to the recipe of the yogurt. That would a. show their amazing homemaking skills and b. add some value to their blog post. 

2 hours ago, Justmurrayed said:

Definitely, and ev link to the recipe of the yogtourt. That would a. show their amazing homemaking skills and b. add some value to their blog post. 

Off topic but I love your avy.  Skanky Palin is the worst thing to ever happen to American politics

5 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Off topic but I love your avy.  Skanky Palin is the worst thing to ever happen to American politics

Thanks! Since I'm Canadian, Palin was my first foray into the crazy that is American evangelical politics. And really, that crazy face was hard to pass up!

Saw that amazing parfait post. Isn't that what Mcdonald's has been selling on the $1 menu for at least 10 years.? I'm no fan of Mcdonalds but when we travel one rural gas stop only has a Mcdonald's and the yogurt parfait is the one of the only thing I will get there.

The parfait seems to be such a small portion for a birthday celebration.

As for the pictures, I agree Sarah looks oddly placed. I wonder what is going to happen if she starts to get grey hairs? I remember having knee surgery in my late 30's and when I had someone wash my hair they found one grey hair and I was all freaked out. After talking to friends, it seemed like finding grey hairs is common in your 30's. Would Sarah be allowed to dye her hair. Obviously Teri does not want to (or isn't allowed to) but Sarah chances for marriage go form 2% to .0001% if her hair greys(of course I'm referring to in her circles not in the real world).

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Joshua wasn't sticking to the schedule and wanted to put some salt on his bean burrito filling. He's as good as dead to Steve.

Drew shouldn't rest on his laurels of being favored by Stevehovah.  He  will transgress soon enough, just wait until he dares to ask for queso to put on his bean burrito filling. 

Doesn't bother me that Nate has his hand on Tina's shoulder -. It's a natural look. The 2 younger kids (Beth & Drew) aren't old enough to read his post and Abby isn't allowed. And Nate & Mel certainly try to show equal affection to each child ... oh, I'm going to let myself believe they do!

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I'm surprised they didn't do a Veterans Day post. I thought they usually do one. 

Me too! Just checked apparently they haven't done one since 2012? That can't be right though. Weird, they must have been too "busy" polishing cabinets or dusting ceiling fans. 

New post up.  Poor Sarah forgot to post about the fast tomorrow. No sign up but Coward Steve is praying for all the dads.

3 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Me too! Just checked apparently they haven't done one since 2012? That can't be right though. Weird, they must have been too "busy" polishing cabinets or dusting ceiling fans. 

Who knows. One of the ones I read in the a comment said something about Steve serving in the military his response acted like he was the only Veteran in the world. Dose not surprise considering how arrogant he is. 

Why did Steve disable comments for the Seriously Dads Fast or whatever it is called? I mean surely they could use the comments on the blog as a way to encourage each other in addition to praying on Fast Dad day? 

7 minutes ago, Snarfblatt said:

Why did Steve disable comments for the Seriously Dads Fast or whatever it is called? I mean surely they could use the comments on the blog as a way to encourage each other in addition to praying on Fast Dad day? 

Comments are always disabled on Seriously Dad posts. Steve just wants to get his point across, no discussion allowed. 

11 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Well, to be fair, I would have totally screwed them up. I mean, I would have put a thick layer of granola down, and in my ignorance, I would have put a full layer of strawberries in as well. Who knew the berries were for perimeter decoration only? It's entirely possible I would have gone a little overboard and made several layers of berries and granola--total overkill, pure madness on my part. 

I'm so grateful I can now perfectly parfait.

But can you slice up lettuce with a pizza cutter?

Saw that amazing parfait post. Isn't that what Mcdonald's has been selling on the $1 menu for at least 10 years.? I'm no fan of Mcdonalds but when we travel one rural gas stop only has a Mcdonald's and the yogurt parfait is the one of the only thing I will get there.
The parfait seems to be such a small portion for a birthday celebration.

As for the pictures, I agree Sarah looks oddly placed. I wonder what is going to happen if she starts to get grey hairs? I remember having knee surgery in my late 30's and when I had someone wash my hair they found one grey hair and I was all freaked out. After talking to friends, it seemed like finding grey hairs is common in your 30's. Would Sarah be allowed to dye her hair. Obviously Teri does not want to (or isn't allowed to) but Sarah chances for marriage go form 2% to .0001% if her hair greys(of course I'm referring to in her circles not in the real world).

In your late thirties? You're doing better than I am, then! I'm 26 and I've started finding grey hairs :[

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived