IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

John is wearing the exact same thing as last year...statement maybe? "Shit never changes here..."

Your comment brought to mind a song from Waiting for Guffman. I can believe Steve is from Mars. Shit never changes and nothing ever happens in Maxhell.

Spoiler

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2016 at 0:11 PM, mango_fandango said:

I fucking need an excuse for an anti-fast. Who's joining me? :pb_biggrin:

I'm going to a Democratic Women's luncheon.

Was Christopher the photographer?  I loved the photo of Nathan's crotch.  That was just fantastic.  Steve's head blended into the background.  That giant tree looked like it was going to eat Nathan and ofNathan's family.  The wagon made the photo look lopsided and it was too crowded on that end.  

I showed these photos to my amateur photographer daughter.  She was less than impressed.  She kept saying, "You can zoom in, asshole."   She's said that about all of Christopher's photos.  We've snarked on his website quite a bit.

And the clothing choices were bad.

I could go on........but.....

These photos are particularly bad this year. Mismatched clothing, people not looking in the same direction, being so far away and focusing on the wrong things are just a few of the issues. Is it even possible that Christopher is getting worse as a photographer? He was the photographer right? 

19 minutes ago, freejugar said:

There's eleventy pictures of Drew, plus he's sitting front and center at Steve's lap. The favoritism is so obvious

I noticed that also. I guess since Drew is a little older he has taken Joshua's place as favorite grandchild. 

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

There's eleventy pictures of Drew, plus he's sitting front and center at Steve's lap. The favoritism is so obvious

I also noticed Christina on the stool with Nathan's hand on her shoulder. Weird how he and Steve seem to have a different favorite (see Nathan's blurbs about his kids on Melanie's pregnancy announcement), and that Nathan's is not his only son.

Whoohoo, my first proper post:-))

These people are just so....joyless. And dramatic. Every little thing they do is drama. Co-ordinating busy timetables? Really?? None of them work, where's the problem? They live on an entirely different galaxy than normal people.

I get the impression that they are losing interest or whatever in their blog, or perhaps they just lack stuff to write about. It used to be more active.

12 hours ago, 16strong said:

I also noticed Christina on the stool with Nathan's hand on her shoulder. Weird how he and Steve seem to have a different favorite (see Nathan's blurbs about his kids on Melanie's pregnancy announcement), and that Nathan's is not his only son.

I have mixed feelings about Nathan's favouritism towards Christina. On the one hand, I think it's really unfair for parents to blatantly favour one child over the others. I'm sure many parents do have a favourite, because children are individuals and so a parent will connect with them each differently, but they have a responsibility towards their children to treat them fairly, and I have a hard time understanding how a loving parent could knowingly hurt their other children by showing favouritism towards one kid. So the fact that Nathan has a blatant favourite is NOT okay in my book.

On the flip side, I find it a little auspicious that Nathan's favourite is not Drew, as that suggests to me that he does actually see his children as individuals and not just male/female arrows in his quiver. Christina is his favourite because their personalities mesh in a way his doesn't with his other kids, and to me that's one of the most normal things about this family.

New post up.  Scary Mary made yogurt parfaits for Goofy Anna's birthday.  Poor included the recipe.

47 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Scary Mary made yogurt parfaits for Goofy Anna's birthday.  Poor included the recipe.

Why do they think it was necessary to go into detail about how they made this "delightful" recipe? And for findie girl-women, you would think that it wouldn't be surprising that it was easy to scoop yogurt into a bowl and add some fruit and granola. That's not even a recipe. That's just having a bowl of cereal.

10 hours ago, Munichnark said:

Whoohoo, my first proper post:-))

These people are just so....joyless. And dramatic. Every little thing they do is drama. Co-ordinating busy timetables? Really?? None of them work, where's the problem? They live on an entirely different galaxy than normal people.

I get the impression that they are losing interest or whatever in their blog, or perhaps they just lack stuff to write about. It used to be more active.

Oh yes, they definitely ran out of stuff to write about. A momentous event in their world is figuring out that they can use a pizza cutter on lettuce. 

Maybe Ellie filled her own schedule so she wouldn't have to participate in the photo. 

Well, I suppose if you don't read, watch TV, or interact with people outside your family, you might think that other people don't know about yogurt parfaits. That was just about the dumbest post I've seen.

Sweet Jesus what a dull post. As soon as I saw the ingredients I thought "yeah it's just put them in a glass/bowl isn't it??" 

Also: WHERE IS THE LETTUCE PIZZA CUTTER TIP?? It's been over a year now, I swear!!

Poor Mary. Couldn't someone have at least tossed her a waffle?

Regarding the yogurt parfaits, per Sarah:

"The possibilities are endless: use your creativity and change it to whatever are your favorites!"

A large pepperoni pizza and a six-pack?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Sweet Jesus what a dull post. As soon as I saw the ingredients I thought "yeah it's just put them in a glass/bowl isn't it??" 

Also: WHERE IS THE LETTUCE PIZZA CUTTER TIP?? It's been over a year now, I swear!!

I initially thought it was an inside joke at FJ until another poster set me straight.....

I can't even with the Maxwells. They are my gateway fundie and have been reading their blog for years and the level of dullness has hit a new low. They need to stop the blog now that the dog and pony show is over because it's really highlighting how dull and boring their lives are. Anyone who has used the internet or seen a tv show knows about yogurt parfaits, they are like 15 years too late. Typical. 

On November 11, 2016 at 8:53 AM, VooDooChild said:

Was Christopher the photographer?  I loved the photo of Nathan's crotch.  That was just fantastic.  Steve's head blended into the background.  That giant tree looked like it was going to eat Nathan and ofNathan's family.  The wagon made the photo look lopsided and it was too crowded on that end.  

I showed these photos to my amateur photographer daughter.  She was less than impressed.  She kept saying, "You can zoom in, asshole."   She's said that about all of Christopher's photos.  We've snarked on his website quite a bit.

And the clothing choices were bad.

I could go on........but.....

It also appears that Reversal Anna's eyes were closed. Hire a real photographer Steve. 

I think the clothing theme was ugly long skirts for females. Men wear whatever. Maxwell's please give it up. The show is over. Marry off your daughter's Steve. Let your people go. Buy Teri a Pepsi. 

Sarah says the parfaits were surprisingly easy. I'm not sure why she would have thought they would be difficult. I mean they have three ingredients and you don't cook them.

15 hours ago, catlady said:

Maybe Ellie filled her own schedule so she wouldn't have to participate in the photo. 

Free Ellie! And Ellie, if you read this, please take Sarah with you when you leave.

I realize I don't live the most exciting life, but damn! My life is positively thrilling compared to the Maxwells. They seem to get more and more boring each year. The Maxwells are stuck in a rut for sure. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived