IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

He can't set aside 15 minutes?  I'm sure that he could read the names and say a prayer for all of the men who would sign up in that amount of time.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can't set aside 15 minutes?  I'm sure that he could read the names and say a prayer for all of the men who would sign up in that amount of time.

Well, he has to fit those 15 minutes into his busy schedule :pb_lol:

i was too wound up to drink last night, but i'll knock back a bottle of Riesling on Anti-Fast Day with you.

Will enjoy pasta at one of my face Italian cafes in honor of anti-fast this evening. 

PS: Steve, praying is not that difficult and not something that must be done to the exclusion of another activity. You can take a walk and pray. For one. Try it. 

44 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Will enjoy pasta at one of my face Italian cafes in honor of anti-fast this evening. 

PS: Steve, praying is not that difficult and not something that must be done to the exclusion of another activity. You can take a walk and pray. For one. Try it. 

That's not holy enough.  

For the first time in years of reading Maxhell, I feel sorry for Steve. What a sad, deluded, poor little man he is. How shriveled up inside must someone be to deny themselves of an innocent pleasure? I feel for you, Steve.

Too bad he's disabled comments.  I'm sure at least some of the leghumpers would like to know when he will supply useful information in his debt-free series.  

Our annual photo session is always an interesting event. When you get that many people and coordinate schedules (that’s a feat in and of itself!), outfits, location, lighting, and someone to help entertain the kids–whew! But we did, praise the Lord!

Sarah has finally posted the family photos. I believe in an earlier post, she referred to it as "photos of the extended family" or something like that. 

Anyway, can anybody tell me what schedules these people have that might make it so hard to coordinate?? Also, in a super sized snark, I just have to ask: how are those outfits coordinated??

Our annual photo session is always an interesting event. When you get that many people and coordinate schedules (that’s a feat in and of itself!), outfits, location, lighting, and someone to help entertain the kids–whew! But we did, praise the Lord!
Sarah has finally posted the family photos. I believe in an earlier post, she referred to it as "photos of the extended family" or something like that. 
Anyway, can anybody tell me what schedules these people have that might make it so hard to coordinate?? Also, in a super sized snark, I just have to ask: how are those outfits coordinated??

Sarah says, "Remember, you can click into a picture to make it bigger". Is this really something people need to be reminded of in 2016? In fact, why, in 2016, are blog readers subjected to tiny pictures one after the other instead of, say, a slideshow or full-size pictures?

They should have made Anna and Sarah stand up behind Teri and Steevus to make the picture less flat and more compact.

imho.

It's been a while since I visited Maxhell.  It always makes me so depressed.  So, Steve is still railing against fun and  Anna is now 24?!  Wow.  I'm glad to learn that part of her birthday was "surprise cleanings of the sister-in-laws homes, and Anna delights in serving."  Can't let a birthday post go by without reminding people how much you only find joy in helping others and not allowed a bit of fun on your birthday.  I forgot Melanie was pregnant.  Her girls are getting so big.  Calia has some serious Maxwellian features.  More than the other kids.  Still cute in her outfit but it's uncanny.  

Are they calling Drew "Buddy" as a nickname? Seems like a slightly odd choice to me. Not against the usage of "buddy" per se. Just seems like an odd choice for the Maxwells, especially when they aren't allowed "buddies" except for their siblings and (eventual) spouses.

36 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Are they calling Drew "Buddy" as a nickname? Seems like a slightly odd choice to me. Not against the usage of "buddy" per se. Just seems like an odd choice for the Maxwells, especially when they aren't allowed "buddies" except for their siblings and (eventual) spouses.

I had the same thought. In my family, "Buddy" is used for the son who has the same first name as his father. Of course that's not a universal rule or anything, but my first response was, "but he's not Nathan Junior?!" :pb_lol: Nor are they from the South, where nicknames are often used for any and all references to the person in question. 

Maybe it seems odd to me that they use nicknames on the nieces and nephews because they very rarely use them on the "kid"s in Sarah's generation. :confusion-shrug:

Why the hell is Sarah in front of everyone crunched up and hunched over on a footstool? She doesn't look natural or comfortable. She looks plopped down and told to 'stay'.

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Why the hell is Sarah in front of everyone crunched up and hunched over on a footstool? She doesn't look natural or comfortable. She looks plopped down and told to 'stay'.

She ends up looking about as tall as the ABC girls rather than her sister Anna on the other side.

Looks like Joshua has been replaced by "Buddy" on Steve's lap now.

I haven't been as up to date on the Maxwells recently. Melanie is pregnant again? Damn it and damn these people are fecund. I seriously forgot that NR-Anna already had her fourth. Is she pregnant again?

Sarah looks very awkward in that photo. Agree that she should have stood behind her parents.

Elissa looks good. Parenthood agrees with her. 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And why isn't Ellie in the photo?

Terri looked so much happier in the conference photos with her friend than she does here.  i wonder if she'll get to go to another one.

1 hour ago, Jingerale said:

And why isn't Ellie in the photo?

Because Ellie doesnt know where she's going when she dies.

7 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Because Ellie doesnt know where she's going when she dies.

That's what I was thinking actually. Where was Ellie when they did these photos? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived