IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

I started to say lady a lot. It was cumbersome in the beginning because saying girls was easier, but I've found I have liked it a lot better since, especially in working environments or around people who diminish women. Lady sounds SUPER formal, and that's why I like it so much. Sometimes I'll slip and say girls, but I try not to unless I'm talking about actual girls or if I say something like "the girls I went to school with"

"Going out with the girls" doesn't bother me, but a man saying "this girl I work with" does.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, anyone got any bets on who is gonna be Jinge's maid of honor? I personally would like it better if it was one of Jeremy's sisters but who knows she may pick Jessa like Jessa picked Jill. Without the giant flower crown this time hopefully. Lol

So, anyone got any bets on who is gonna be Jinge's maid of honor? I personally would like it better if it was one of Jeremy's sisters but who knows she may pick Jessa like Jessa picked Jill. Without the giant flower crown this time hopefully. Lol

I think it'll be Jessa; the two of them are really close. I don't see why Jinger would pick one of Jeremy's sisters; considering how quick JinJer's relationship has been, I doubt Jinger is close to Jeremy's family, certainly not enough to choose one of them over Jessa.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Jill picked Jana and Jessa picked Jinger. I think Jinger would be most likely to pick Jessa because they've always seemed very close. It depends though - Jessa may not feel up to it if she's dealing with rough pregnancy symptoms or if she's heavily pregnant when the wedding happens. 

And just a personal note: My six months pregnant big sister was my Maid of Honor - she rocked her dress like you wouldn't believe and did a fantastic job all while dealing with discomfort, being a bit more tired then usual, and her indigestion (which was made worse by her pregnancy.) So I know it's absolutely possible for Jessa to be in their wedding party, just that she may not feel up to it.

She might have Joy. After all, she will be courting in six months. Might as well get her involved in full on wedding involvement now. 

Jeremy only has one sister and she has a career.  His brother may be his best man.  I kind of expect that but not for his sister to be maid of honor.

37 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jeremy only has one sister and she has a career.  His brother may be his best man.  I kind of expect that but not for his sister to be maid of honor.

Really his sister has a career. Do you know what she does. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

And just a personal note: My six months pregnant big sister was my Maid of Honor - she rocked her dress like you wouldn't believe and did a fantastic job all while dealing with discomfort, being a bit more tired then usual, and her indigestion (which was made worse by her pregnancy.) So I know it's absolutely possible for Jessa to be in their wedding party, just that she may not feel up to it.

Veloci Sister = Awesome!! :) 

A woman I used to work with was super p-ed off when one of her wedding party told her she was pregnant.

Her exact words were: "She shouldn't be pregnant, this is MY wedding and it isn't about her!"

Mind you, this idiot only married hubby for half (another exact comment was "I wont marry you if you make me sign a pre-nup")

She also wanted a divorce less than a year later. Her husband was just the nicest man anyone could meet, it was such a shame.  

Thanks for reminding me VelociRapture that there are lots of nice people and cool people in the world and that the idiots are the minority!

49 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Veloci Sister = Awesome!! :) 

A woman I used to work with was super p-ed off when one of her wedding party told her she was pregnant.

Her exact words were: "She shouldn't be pregnant, this is MY wedding and it isn't about her!"

Mind you, this idiot only married hubby for half (another exact comment was "I wont marry you if you make me sign a pre-nup")

She also wanted a divorce less than a year later. Her husband was just the nicest man anyone could meet, it was such a shame.  

Thanks for reminding me VelociRapture that there are lots of nice people and cool people in the world and that the idiots are the minority!

Aw thanks! I honestly loved the fact that she was visibly pregnant at the wedding. I would have held up a sign pointing to her belly that proudly proclaimed there was a niece that nephew in there for the photos, but she would have killed me. And the Maid of Honor brutally slaughtering the Bride probably would have put a bit of damper on the festivities.  :pb_lol:

But now when my little nephew comes by I can point at the photos and tell him he was technically there. And I can tell him about all the yummy food his mommy ate and how his daddy completely owned the dance floor during, "Don't Stop Believing" (last song of the night - especially appropriate since we were together a little over eight years before getting married.)

The past two weeks I have been starting a new career and moving to another city. We just got TV and Internet back today. I wasn't able to watching Counting On Tuesday, but I quickly realized I didn't miss a thing. NOT. ONE. DAMN. THING. God does work in mysterious, wonderful ways sometimes. Saved me that head-banging grief.

As to getting the internet today, thank God, because now my husband can livestream the presidential debate and make comments on his forums. He goes on political forums, I come to Free Jinger. To each his or her own. As for politics, this weekend was sure a shit storm, wasn't it? 

#imwithher #andherpussy

I can't imagine anyone other than Jessa as Jinger's Matron of Honor.  She introduced them after all. I thought this might be the weekend but doesn't look like it.  Maybe the next.

I have a birthday party I'm planning for the 15th, so I am predicting JinJer get married that day. It's a Saturday and still about a month before Derick's brother is due to get married. And since I will be busy all day and completely unable to check FJ I just know that's when it will all go down :kitty-wink:

I bet her sisters will be her bridesmaids. Maybe Jeremy's sister will also be included.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I can't imagine anyone other than Jessa as Jinger's Matron of Honor.  She introduced them after all. I thought this might be the weekend but doesn't look like it.  Maybe the next.

I've had October 15th circled since they announced the engagement. Ten weeks seems to be the norm for Duggar engagements (Jessa's was 10, Jill's might have been 11), and all that "fast track" talk has done nothing to change my mind. No way this goes into November since that takes all the attention away from Jessa's anniversary on the 1st, her birthday on the 4th, and Spurge's 1st birthday on the 5th. They aren't going to overlap milestone days until they're down to the Lost Girls and they've run out of open dates. 

eta: This pretty much means that JinJer have to wrap this all up by 10/29. That puts their engagement at 3 months, 4 days. Is that too long? :562479558b1bf_32(11):

I was just at a wedding last night. The couple was on & off for a few years. They got engaged in May & got married yesterday. I find this guy a condescending jerk so be ing their was the last thing I wanted to. 

Back on the topic I thing Jinger will be married this month. 

I do agree now that I think about it unless Jessa is so preggers she is just uncomfortable.. she will be Jinger's MOH. Wonder what JinJer's color scheme is gonna be? I could see her wedding being maybe a blue theme? Although I'm looking forward to what her dress in general will look like? Idk though there is NOT enough material here to carry another season of CO at all! Idk what these gals are gonna do once TLC finally pulls the plug even when Joy is courting.

My guess: Jessa as MOH, Jeremy's sister as a bridesmaid. Joy, Jana, Jill, Anna (maybe) as bridesmaids. Ben will be the best man or a groomsman. Jeremy's brother will also be included in a similar way.

3 hours ago, season of life said:

My guess: Jessa as MOH, Jeremy's sister as a bridesmaid. Joy, Jana, Jill, Anna (maybe) as bridesmaids. Ben will be the best man or a groomsman. Jeremy's brother will also be included in a similar way.

I hope that Jeremy's brother is the best man.  I get that he seems close to Ben but I just think its wrong if Ben is the best man over his brother. 

5 hours ago, season of life said:

that would be too cheezy if Ben is best man - I think he will use his brother and then Ben perhaps.

I really wonder now how involved Jessa will be - since all she does is sit on the couch.  She will make Jana do everything 

I was with someone a few years back who was upset that his best friends brother was the best man over him.  He got mad that I defended the brother by saying he is his brother he should be the best man. In retaliation he said it was the "true" best man.  

20 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Jinger was Jessa's MOH, Jana was Jill's, and I'm assuming Jessa will be Jingers. 

I'm on board for this coming weekend as well.  I've thought since the engagement that would be the wedding.  But Maaaaybe the 22nd. I can't see them waiting any longer. 

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I was with someone a few years back who was upset that his best friends brother was the best man over him.  He got mad that I defended the brother by saying he is his brother he should be the best man. In retaliation he said it was the "true" best man.  

I mean, it does depend on who the groom is closer to. I don't know Jeremy's bond with his brother, but I don't like Ben, so I want the brother to be the best man.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived