IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

In the photo of the birthday celebretion of the girls in the Lilly and Ellie's blog there is a boy saled like "an extended family members" could he be the boy of whom they have custody and waiting for the adoption? What you think? 

Pickles put that pic on her site yesterday, saying that it's him.  Are they actually adopting him, or do they just have custody?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Now THIS convo I can get into. NYR fan here! I went to the season opener last night. Hockey > Football

Blackhawks fan! Whooo hooo! Totally agree <3

On 07/10/2016 at 2:36 PM, JoyfulSel said:

I did not know there were so many Jets fans here, my thoughts are with you all.

(I actually live in N. NJ and am surrounded by Jets/Giants fans, can't get away from you all! :pb_lol:)

Until this post I thought y'all were talking about the Winnipeg Jets and I was slightly confused... I will assume it's a football thing and back away slowly :pb_lol:

On 10/10/2016 at 11:14 AM, Four is Enough said:

Of course, the Colts used to be an institution in Baltimore, until they were spirited away in the night .....

I know this footbal string is a week old, but please don't talk about Baltimore losing a team - CLEVELANDER HERE!!!! (Although never a Browns fan). Does anyone else want to talk about how bad their teams are? Anyone? Beuller?

... crickets chirping...

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I notice that Mommy Jana is in the birthday lunch photo. Where were the bio parents?

pretending to care on the other side of the world 

Yay another Blackhawks fan! And Winnipeg has Byfuglin so...

The pic of the girls could be fairly recent, my only thought is either her engagement ring is a lot larger than it first looked, or there is another diamond band with it.

On 10/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, KelseyAnn said:

How the hell does Josh manage to look older than his parents? 

Seriously, he looks 50 in this picture. 

What picture of Josh are you referring to?

4 hours ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

I know this footbal string is a week old, but please don't talk about Baltimore losing a team - CLEVELANDER HERE!!!! (Although never a Browns fan). Does anyone else want to talk about how bad their teams are? Anyone? Beuller?

... crickets chirping...

High five! Yes, I hate to hear about the "poor Ravens" as if they didn't have it coming after jumping at the opportunity to steal Cleveland's team. Born and raised Clevelander here, so I always root for the Browns out of loyalty more than fanhood. I don't really care who wins and loses, I just want the Ravens to hurt.

11 hours ago, Karma said:

Pickles put that pic on her site yesterday, saying that it's him.  Are they actually adopting him, or do they just have custody?

Last I heard they were working towards adoption. Degreed Law Professionals (TM) of FJ, would it be legal for them to share public pictures (I'm assuming Pickles got the pictures from an "official" Duggar source, considering one of them was taken in the TTH) of the boy if he's not adopted? IIRC he can't be shown on the show if he isn't their legal child, but I'm not sure about their public social media.

He looks happy, at least, so I hope he's settling in all right, although I think he'll really struggle if he gets attached to Jana and then she marries.

15 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Yay another Blackhawks fan! And Winnipeg has Byfuglin so...

Woohoo! Love me some Blackhawks! And I wish Byfuglien were still with them. Danged salary cap! (Isn't that why he was traded in 2010?)

As for football...I was a Bears fan for years and I guess they're still my team (even though I guess I am in Titans territory now). However, the Bears' ownership is so atrocious that the team is horrible, with no relief in sight.  I briefly liked the Ravens when I was dating a guy from Baltimore, but that relationship is history and that fandom didn't stick.

13 hours ago, missegeno said:

High five! Yes, I hate to hear about the "poor Ravens" as if they didn't have it coming after jumping at the opportunity to steal Cleveland's team. Born and raised Clevelander here, so I always root for the Browns out of loyalty more than fanhood. I don't really care who wins and loses, I just want the Ravens to hurt.

Count me in on the Browns love. I was a fan until That Man took our beloved team and moved them to That City in the Eastern Seaboard. I still check the standings but don't follow the Browns. I'm much more interested in the college game, as I love the college game day experience, including the matching band. (Growing up with TBDBITL will do that to you.) I now prefer almost any college game over a pro team.

As for That City- I'd love to visit it once to see Fort McHenry and Camden Yards and eat interesting food, but would want nothing to do with football.

2 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Woohoo! Love me some Blackhawks! And I wish Byfuglien were still with them. Danged salary cap! (Isn't that why he was traded in 2010?)

*Snipped!* 

Yes that is why he was traded along with Ladd. They had those big top heavy contracts. Which aren't allowed anymore. 

Could the football discussion be moved to another area of the website?  I know we stray off topic sometimes, but this might be an example when it is good to take the conversation to a more appropriate thread.  I say this as a football lover and baseball lover.  My sweet Cubbies are doing well, but I don't really want to talk about them too much on a duggar thread. 

12 hours ago, alba said:

Last I heard they were working towards adoption. Degreed Law Professionals (TM) of FJ, would it be legal for them to share public pictures (I'm assuming Pickles got the pictures from an "official" Duggar source, considering one of them was taken in the TTH) of the boy if he's not adopted? IIRC he can't be shown on the show if he isn't their legal child, but I'm not sure about their public social media.

I'm not a degreed law professional...  but I am a foster/adoptive parent (so I'm going to weigh in but totally defer to those who know the law better than I do.) It really depends on the state, but in general if the child is in the foster care system and you haven't adopted yet, you cannot share pictures. However, some states are starting to allow it now that prudent parenting laws have passed as long as the child is not identified as a foster child in the picture. (My state still does not allow it.) But, kinship cases like this one are always tricky though and the rules get a bit fuzzy. (As in, if someone is a kinship placement for their grandchild, I seriously doubt anyone is going to do anything if they post a picture on FB.)

That said, it doesn't appear to me that the kid is actually involved in the foster system at this point. If his grandmother had already been granted custody and the case was closed, it is very possible the state is no longer involved and this is a custody case going on outside of the foster system.

Long story short, they probably won't get into any hot water for it.

On 10/15/2016 at 5:59 PM, SassyPants said:

I notice that Mommy Jana is in the birthday lunch photo. Where were the bio parents?

I wondered the same thing.  It is as if they aren't even bothering with the pretense that they are raising their own children or managing their own home. 

I was looking through my FB feed today and one of my friends had liked The Dugger Family Farm.  I was like, WTF? We know the don't grow vegetables and sell the stuff. Then I realized the name was spelled differently and this couple is from Indiana. They have quite a business. Lots of farm to table with local restaurants. They also do some animal rescue, too. 

http://www.duggerfamilyfarm.com/

On 10/15/2016 at 9:05 PM, Alachantal said:

Go Habs Go!!! 

Thanks for PK! :) We love him down here. 

5 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Thanks for PK! :) We love him down here. 

You're more than welcome. It is, unfortunately, our loss. He was my favourite player that's for sure. :pb_cry:

I have to say of all the photos Ellie/Lily posted the one that stands out them most to me is the basketball/volleyball court.  I knew they had one but I thought it was simple concrete.  Wow, that's a nice playing area.  I wonder how much he spent. 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I have to say of all the photos Ellie/Lily posted the one that stands out them most to me is the basketball/volleyball court.  I knew they had one but I thought it was simple concrete.  Wow, that's a nice playing area.  I wonder how much he spent. 

Money is no object when it comes to preventing them from (gasp!)  making friends at a regular park and mixing with the unsaved heathens ;) 

It occurred to me this morning that this is the first election cycle that I can remember that the Duggars have been virtually silent.  NO ONE will touch them! They arent even out glad handling for local stuff.   Kind of interesting... 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It occurred to me this morning that this is the first election cycle that I can remember that the Duggars have been virtually silent.  NO ONE will touch them! They arent even out glad handling for local stuff.   Kind of interesting... 

I agree Buzzard-- it isn't surprising that fundies like the Duggars are staying mum about the Presidential race, but given their very political past, it is surprising that they aren't campaigning at the state or local level for anyone. On past election days, they've posted about voting--who knows if they will even do that this year.

On a related topic, when was the last time they hauled out the caterwaul of violins & performed at an event?  I think they've even stopped pretending to be a family musical act.

Of course, the platoon of Duggarlings, unencumbered by real school or jobs, could be election day volunteers--but I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I agree Buzzard-- it isn't surprising that fundies like the Duggars are staying mum about the Presidential race, but given their very political past, it is surprising that they aren't campaigning at the state or local level for anyone. On past election days, they've posted about voting--who knows if they will even do that this year.

On a related topic, when was the last time they hauled out the caterwaul of violins & performed at an event?  I think they've even stopped pretending to be a family musical act.

Of course, the platoon of Duggarlings, unencumbered by real school or jobs, could be election day volunteers--but I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

two things - I would love to see Jana's calendar of being mom duggar - what happens when everyone is grown up and all gone 

and son in law one - Derick said who he is voting for lol 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived