IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Anna's picture, I look exactly like that. So whoever said she is four months pregnant, thank you for the compliment.

:tw_bawling:

I shall now resume comfort eating :pizza:

1 hour ago, JesusHDuggar said:

I found this on the subreddit for 19 kids and counting. It's and AMA (ask me anything) from a user who spent the weekend at a marriage retreat where J&M and J&A were staying. I saw this and immediately thought of FJ.

reddit.com/r/19KidsandCounting/comments/55nyoa/spent_this_past_weekend_with_the_duggars_jimbob/

thank you for thinking of us :D

I read it - and I wonder how true it is 

since DFOF didn't say Anna and Josh were there - I am glad they are getting endless counselling that won't help Josh  because he is the worst human in the world.  As for Anna - good that she can feel safe to cry 

20 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Re Anna's picture, I look exactly like that. So whoever said she is four months pregnant, thank you for the compliment.

:tw_bawling:

I shall now resume comfort eating :pizza:

Sorry if I offended you. :my_blush:

I also look like that normally ( wine and food belly for me).

Anna has been recently very slim, that is why I called pregnancy, I still do.

It looks like the reddit AMA may be true. This might be a good time to finally set up a reddit account.  

https://www.fortrock.org/events/2015/fall-marriage-retreat-september-30-october2-2016/

*edited to clarify that it may have been true that they were at a retreat with the Duggars. I cannot vouch for the veracity of his answers tho. 

57 minutes ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

It looks like the reddit AMA may be true. This might be a good time to finally set up a reddit account.  

https://www.fortrock.org/events/2015/fall-marriage-retreat-september-30-october2-2016/

*edited to clarify that it may have been true that they were at a retreat with the Duggars. I cannot vouch for the veracity of his answers tho. 

God if that's true, my heart breaks for Anna. I admit I was side-eyeing the AMA a little because it really seemed to touch on some things we speculated on... but you never know. Part of me still maintains, 'pics or didn't happen.'

Also, I gotta say it before someone else does: the strawberry mouth game made me gag. David Rod would kill at that game, too. Taking food from someone else's mouth ... 

8 hours ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I found his experience pretty underwhelming.    Nothing noteworthy or scandalous.  

I'm not sure if I'm believing everything (or anything) this guy says. Halfway down his tone really changes and he suddenly starts calling them out more and getting more vulgar. In the beginning he said about Michelle- "And she is not a bad person, I like her but I think she loves the attention." Then later on down he calls her a motherfucker for covering up for Josh. He also starts fantasizing about Anna and gets pretty detailed even though he's posting about his experience at a marriage retreat. A marriage retreat he went to with his wife. Maybe he thought he was being funny but red flags went up for me. 

I agree, @JesSky03, the Anna thing was what made me raise my eyebrows. Maybe he didn't go on this retreat, just wishes he did, so he could spirit Anna away... but that's also speculation. Everything else seems pretty normal and generic, like you couldn't call him out for lying, but anyone could have made it up, too. I don't know if what he's saying is true, but if it is, he was definitely pretty weird and intrusive about it. I dunno, I just think that posting your sexual fantasies about a real person, someone you've met and is going through a really hard time, anonymously and online is crossing some kind of line.

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic
3 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I'm not sure if I'm believing everything (or anything) this guy says. Halfway down his tone really changes and he suddenly starts calling them out more and getting more vulgar. In the beginning he said about Michelle- "And she is not a bad person, I like her but I think she loves the attention." Then later on down he calls her a motherfucker for covering up for Josh. He also starts fantasizing about Anna and gets pretty detailed even though he's posting about his experience at a marriage retreat. A marriage retreat he went to with his wife. Maybe he thought he was being funny but red flags went up for me. 

If he had a picture, I might be more apt to believe him. And part of me wonders if you would even be allowed to bring your phone to this kind of retreat. I thought it was interesting that he specifically mentioned the flip phone...

I'm not really sure I believe him either. Mostly the way he describes himself and the men at this retreat is what is triggering my red flags (though his change in using expletive language later is strange as well). How many non-fundies really go to these things? Most fundie men I have met DO have what I call a "God Complex" and consider themselves to be VERY religious and controlling. If you bring up religion they jump at it like they know it all. He makes it seem like all the men there could have cared less to being there and only the women there cared (now if he said the men were divided, like there was a group of fundie men always hanging out and a group of secular men who couldn't have cared less hanging out, then I would have believed that....but all the men?). Then he goes on to share about the guy whom he is sitting next to who makes some quip about masturbating to his wife and then thinking about Halle Berry out loud in a seminar session. I'm calling shenanigans on this one. Only because, what supposed "tatted up smoker" (his words not mine) would actually go to a fundamentalist marriage retreat? I guess it is possible, but highly unlikely. If I was a secular non-christian (or even mainstream christian) and I felt my marriage was in jeopardy, I'd probably seek regular marriage counseling over going to a fundie retreat with my wife. I hate judging though. Just something about this guys stories just seem a bit off to me. If he was indeed there, then my heart really does go out to Anna. She really needs some friends (who aren't her in-laws).

If you have to say wich one of the elder boy in both family Duggar and bates will be the next to court/marriyng wich one would you choose? I don't know is just something stuck in my head from 2/3 days and i couldn't immagine who will be the next

Okay FJ: here's another big clue. So I checked this guys Reddit history, and he's only ever made one other post: and it's another AMA but posted to a general topics subreddit. So he REALLY wants to talk about this. Little does he know that our site is the best one to discuss this family (and we'd probably figure out the truth in less than 5 minutes). I skimmed the comments on this second post and he seems to know quite a bit about The Duggar background, Gothard, etc. So that raises an eyebrow for me. (Why would you go to something like this if you knew harmful truth?)  Maybe he's faking? I'm not sure. Also in the AMA he talks about his personal life (birth control, etc). And then he goes on to say that people shouldn't be calling the place checking on his sources? At this point it's anyone's guess as to the validity of these claims. Either way it's mildly interesting and a head scratcher to say the least. 

Heres the 2nd link: https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/55o93x/just_spent_the_weekend_with_the_duggars_jimbob/

also his "proof" was a crumpled up schedule from the event.  Would love to hear your opinions on this!

IMG_1377.PNG

I've read the whole thing now and it actually seems pretty legit. And from what it I read he's in a  situion where his wife is fundie and he doesn't want to be . So I'm wondering if I should send him a DM and have them come talk to us. Or is that totally Inappropriate?

36 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Okay FJ: here's another big clue. So I checked this guys Reddit history, and he's only ever made one other post: and it's another AMA but posted to a general topics subreddit. So he REALLY wants to talk about this. Little does he know that our site is the best one to discuss this family (and we'd probably figure out the truth in less than 5 minutes). I skimmed the comments on this second post and he seems to know quite a bit about The Duggar background, Gothard, etc. So that raises an eyebrow for me. (Why would you go to something like this if you knew harmful truth?)  Maybe he's faking? I'm not sure. Also in the AMA he talks about his personal life (birth control, etc). And then he goes on to say that people shouldn't be calling the place checking on his sources? At this point it's anyone's guess as to the validity of these claims. Either way it's mildly interesting and a head scratcher to say the least. 

Heres the 2nd link: https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/55o93x/just_spent_the_weekend_with_the_duggars_jimbob/

also his "proof" was a crumpled up schedule from the event.  Would love to hear your opinions on this!

IMG_1377.PNG

Except for meet the Duggars, it sounds like boy scout camp.

27 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

IMG_1377.PNG

His "proof" would normally make me think he is possibly telling the truth, but now he is talking about how good it would feel to divorce his wife and how he doesn't believe in God anymore and then talking about all the "worldly" things he does now. Chances are this guy either 1) buys this crap and decided to get a little attention dishing out on his Duggar sighting/ interaction, but knows if he comes off as a leghumper the conversation wouldn't turn out in his favor....or 2) this guy has some serious personal issues he needs to deal with, because either his marriage really needs help or he is lying about the whole thing (which again...is just weird)

1 minute ago, Bazinga said:

His "proof" would normally make me think he is possibly telling the truth, but now he is talking about how good it would feel to divorce his wife and how he doesn't believe in God anymore and then talking about all the "worldly" things he does now. Chances are this guy either 1) buys this crap and decided to get a little attention dishing out on his Duggar sighting/ interaction, but knows if he comes off as a leghumper the conversation wouldn't turn out in his favor....or 2) this guy has some serious personal issues he needs to deal with, because either his marriage really needs help or he is lying about the whole thing (which again...is just weird)

Yes the whole situation is odd and I'm glad I have like minded people to ponder on mysteries such as this one!!

I'm not sure what to think either. Two things stand out to me. One is that he is projecting a great deal onto Anna. He allegedly saw her walking around a lake, crying, and from this extrapolates her entire thought process. He actually has no idea why she was crying. The other is that his language and topics are quite, um, vulgar I guess is the word. He obviously likes to talk about sex and tits and anal etc. I've not read a lot on Reddit. Is this the normal operating procedure there?  Or is he trying to be provocative? I guess a third thing is just that he really, really seems to enjoy talking about himself. 

I don't know. Poor guy if he is mired in a difficult situation with wanting to stay with his kids yet wanting a divorce. The whole thing is odd. 

43 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I'm not sure what to think either. Two things stand out to me. One is that he is projecting a great deal onto Anna. He allegedly saw her walking around a lake, crying, and from this extrapolates her entire thought process. He actually has no idea why she was crying. The other is that his language and topics are quite, um, vulgar I guess is the word. He obviously likes to talk about sex and tits and anal etc. I've not read a lot on Reddit. Is this the normal operating procedure there?  Or is he trying to be provocative? I guess a third thing is just that he really, really seems to enjoy talking about himself. 

I don't know. Poor guy if he is mired in a difficult situation with wanting to stay with his kids yet wanting a divorce. The whole thing is odd. 

Reddit is a website that has hundreds of smaller boards on it that are about different topics. Some are quite liberal and feminist, some are just cat pictures, and some are a haven for bigoted people. IF everything this guy says is true, and he's surrounded by fundies or kids all the time then he probably has no other outlet to talk about adult topics. Hence the vulgarity. Reddit is also anonymous so you can live out whatever life you want to portray. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that he knows about the Duggs and saw them at this conference and couldn't/didn't want to gossip to his wife about them. And as for talking about himself, I guess Reddit is the perfect place.

This entire tangent has been very insightful. And I hope for everyone's sake that Anna is doing okay, and that this guy works out the problems in his marriage. I wish for world peace, and the emancipation of all the fundies. Amen. 

On another note, Duggars just posted '16 Things to Pray For your Children'

The last one is "That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls"....subtle digs at the the transgender community.

It's also telling that they don't pray for their children's happiness or physical and mental well-being. It's just rules upon rules...don't displease God...blah, blah. 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2016/10/16-things-to-pray-for-your-children

Avoiding clicks, here is the list:

Even with busy lives, you can't let it affect your prayer time with your children and God. Here is a list of 16 things we diligently pray over each of our children! We hope you find it encouraging and uplifting!

1. Their Salvation.

2. Their mate.

3. That they would fall in love with God's word.

4. That God would keep them from evil.

5. That they would have a conscience void of offense before God and man.

6. That their character would be more valuable to them tan their credentials. 

7. That they would stand up for what is right even if it means standing alone.

8. That they would be kept from the love of money.

9. That they would be kept morally pure.

10. That they would have the heart of a servant.

11. That eternity would in their hearts.

12. That sin would always be distasteful to them and that they would be broken easily over sin.

13. That they would love each other.

14. That they would trust God with their parents and not allow rebellion to set in.

15. Regardless the hardship, that they may never become bitter against God.

16. That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls. 

14 is a mess. If their grammer is correct, it would mean ' We pray our children would trust God to handle us as parents responsibly (cause handling the Duggar parents is a tricky thing and not everyone is up for it.) As in "I trust you with the power tools" 

"and not allow rebellion to set in" could be taken to mean that the children should not allow God to rebel against his assignment of handling the Duggar parents. Or that the Duggar parents should not be allowed to rebel against God. 

What they presumably mean to say is this "We pray our kids will trust that God will always let us as parents know what is right for them and act upon that trust by unconditional obedience to us." 

I also love eight but think this is what the kids should pray for their dad.

And don't get me started on six, which has a telling spelling mistake.

Wouldn't be the first time someone lied on Reddit! If it is true, I feel terrible for Anna Duggar. She has really been stuck with the loser of the century. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived