IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the token Jaguars fan.  We've been the AFC South's whipping post for so long, I don't know how I'd react to being a decent team.

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

They BOTH suck! RAIDER NATION in the hizzy! 

Have to give you up votes on this for the simple reason that a few years ago I bought some great Raiders winter coats at a rummage sale and of course peeps always want to talk about their season. Having been a Lions fan of 40 some years I do and have had feelings for the Raiders though. Whenever I play Madden I gravitate to Oakland. Hope my two team respect doesn't bother anyone....side note: at least I have never rooted for my home state Colts...eeekkkk! :pb_eek:

11 hours ago, season of life said:

I have no idea what anyone is saying. I hate sports with a passion! I can't keep up with all the terms. :tw_bawling:

I got that it's NFL teams, but that's it.

When people ask if I have a favorite football team I say the Buccaneers (because they have a pirate ship thing in their stadium and I like their logo) and the Ravens (because their name is a Poe reference), LOL! Though I don't think I've ever watched either team play. We have a local NFL team but I could really care less. I haven't watched any sports other than the Olympics in years (no cable TV) but I'd rather watch a minor league hockey game than any NFL game ever. I do have the Superbowl on most years if I remember, but I use the game for bathroom/snack breaks since I'm just there to watch the cool new commercials and halftime show.

33 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

When people ask if I have a favorite football team I say the Buccaneers (because they have a pirate ship thing in their stadium and I like their logo) and the Ravens (because their name is a Poe reference), LOL! Though I don't think I've ever watched either team play. We have a local NFL team but I could really care less. I haven't watched any sports other than the Olympics in years (no cable TV) but I'd rather watch a minor league hockey game than any NFL game ever. I do have the Superbowl on most years if I remember, but I use the game for bathroom/snack breaks since I'm just there to watch the cool new commercials and halftime show.

Lol! To be honest, the only reason I know anything about football is because of husband. He likes watching the Jets and we have one TV - so either I watch with him or I find something else to do. Watching games in person is definitely way more fun for me than watching on TV. 

I definitely have a big soft spot for Baltimore. I've been a big Poe fan since early in High School and the nerd in me can't help but love the Poe reference they went with for a mascot.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I definitely have a big soft spot for Baltimore. I've been a big Poe fan since early in High School and the nerd in me can't help but love the Poe reference they went with for a mascot.

And that is the ONLY reason anyone should have a soft spot for Baltimore. Of course, I'm prejudiced and think most football players are thugs in a brightly colored uniform.  This is MY opinion only.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Same. when asked I either say my home town team (Falcons) or the Detroit Lions because I went to college with Calvin Johnson (though now that he's retired I'll have to drop that one). Now gymnastics, I follow that sport religiously!

7 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Have to give you up votes on this for the simple reason that a few years ago I bought some great Raiders winter coats at a rummage sale and of course peeps always want to talk about their season. Having been a Lions fan of 40 some years I do and have had feelings for the Raiders though. Whenever I play Madden I gravitate to Oakland. Hope my two team respect doesn't bother anyone....side note: at least I have never rooted for my home state Colts...eeekkkk! :pb_eek:

BLASPHEMY!!! If one lives in, or has lived in Indiana, one MUST be a Colts fan!!! Now...the true test...IU or UK? 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

BLASPHEMY!!! If one lives in, or has lived in Indiana, one MUST be a Colts fan!!! Now...the true test...IU or UK? 

Notre Dame? Purdue? Louisville? :my_angel:

I have no dog in any of those fights. 

Much like the Almighty @VelociRapture, I married a sports fan and must now watch or die/sleep/surf the net/read. We've actually hosted an annual Super Bowl game for several years, mostly to show off our mad watermelon fruit bowl skills. I watch and root for whoever Mr. InCharge is rooting for. In general we are Bay Area fans, but we are from Southern California originally and he is psyched about the Rams being back in LA. 

And thus ends my sporty contribution, please return to your regularly scheduled snarking.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:38 PM, Timetostoplurking said:

Vikings fan here!!!  Finally a team worth cheating for.   Yippee!!!  We are totally willing to dethrone any team out there.   (Especially the packers)).  

I live in Minnesota, but I'm not a Vikings fan.  I tend to cheer for whoever the Vikings are playing that day :my_biggrin:

17 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Of course, the Colts used to be an institution in Baltimore, until they were spirited away in the night .....

Off topic, but can I just say how much I don't like the fact that the name of Josh's daughter sounds like the name of the main character of my favorite show? Meredith Grace sounds like Meredith Grey.

Oh, and Raiders fan over here :my_smile:

I'm from St. Louis and no longer have a team to root for. Although, it was hard to root for the Rams due to the crappy way we got them and the fact that we never should have lost the football Cardinals in the first place.

Stan Kroenke is a 4-letter word around these parts.

6 hours ago, obiwanfreak said:

I live in Minnesota, but I'm not a Vikings fan.  I tend to cheer for whoever the Vikings are playing that day :my_biggrin:

You must be having a rough year then!!!

On 10/10/2016 at 9:40 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Yall are all wrong. Football sucks :) IDK how you people watch it.

I agree with this, but we are Seahawks fans, we just don't watch much. We prefer soccer, Go SOUNDERS!  Honestly though, I just knit through it all.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:58 PM, feministxtian said:

ummm...UK..*ducks*  :pb_lol:

Not much of a football fan here (I have seen a few matches, but I don't follow any particular team), but I do love me some professional wrasslin. To me, it's a lot of fun, sometimes the storylines are amusing, & the eye candy can't be beat.  :output_eeMbjt:

;)

Just want to take a moment to apologize to all our non-football fans here. I didn't realize I would spark a full on - though highly entertaining - thread derailment by stating that the Patriots are evil. 

Which, for the record, is still true.  :pb_lol:

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just want to take a moment to apologize to all our non-football fans here. I didn't realize I would spark a full on - though highly entertaining - thread derailment by stating that the Patriots are evil. 

Honestly, I think the only people who disagree are actual Pats fans. Everyone else hates them, yes?  We went to the Jets' opener and had a great time. I've said this before, but my husband has found another love after more than 40 years with me. Luckily, I love Fitz too. Dammit, though, he needs to stop throwing fucking interceptions!  My poor husband cannot handle it!

The Patriots (Cheatriots) are evil. Bill Bellichick is the anti-christ and Brady is his prophet. 

I prophesy that they will be embroiled in another cheating scandal this season and with the help of the other 31 teams in the league will not make it to the AFC championship game this year. 

I have spoken!

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

The Patriots (Cheatriots) are evil. Bill Bellichick is the anti-christ and Brady is his prophet. 

I prophesy that they will be embroiled in another cheating scandal this season and with the help of the other 31 teams in the league will not make it to the AFC championship game this year. 

I have spoken!

This...and the scumbag Steelers...although, that wasn't entirely their fault, the refs were just extremely biased.

I'm a Titans fan, please don't judge me.  I know they're terrible but the quarterback is pretty hot :romance-hearteyes:.  I'm a Preds fan so that makes up for it I hope? Lol

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

VelociRapture NO... I thought we were friends... I feel so betrayed!

(Pats fan here, hi)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived