IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

I'm just going to chime in since it's a football discussion to say that my favourite football team (here in NSW, Australia) won the grand final last week - their first time since joining the competition 50 years ago!!!

OK, back to US football since the Duggars aren't doing anything much.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I'm a Titans fan, please don't judge me.  I know they're terrible but the quarterback is pretty hot :romance-hearteyes:.  I'm a Preds fan so that makes up for it I hope? Lol

I am a huge hockey fan - been a Caps fan since 1980 (I am a glutton for punishment).  Anyway, I kinda have a soft spot for y'all because of your former coach, Barry Trotz...he is our coach now and we love him!!!

3 minutes ago, LizzieD70 said:

I am a huge hockey fan - been a Caps fan since 1980 (I am a glutton for punishment).  Anyway, I kinda have a soft spot for y'all because of your former coach, Barry Trotz...he is our coach now and we love him!!!

Clearly I am a Habs fan for life!!! 

14 hours ago, Karma said:

I'm just going to chime in since it's a football discussion to say that my favourite football team (here in NSW, Australia) won the grand final last week - their first time since joining the competition 50 years ago!!!

OK, back to US football since the Duggars aren't doing anything much.

Collingwood supporter here (apologies, everyone) but I was very pleased the Doggies won! I have a soft spot for them. Also, Luke Beveridge is a top bloke!

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

Lol we are talking about direct football codes, @CorruptionInc.!  I'm talking about the NFL, you're talking about AFL.  Sounds like both our teams were winners :) 

Haha I know, as I don't live in NSW and I live in Vic, we have this joke that your code is not a code. :P

It is of course, but we're mean!!

19 hours ago, devoe364 said:

The 2010 playoffs still haunt me to this day, lol!

They just loaded this to Instagram to remind us the Jill is only temporarily in the US. If the Dullards go back to 'dangerous Sintral America' you can slap my arse and called Charlie. It ain't happening. 

The photo also looks like the world's dullest girl band.

Screenshot_20161014-164710.png

Of course Jill is going back, there are still spiritually dead people there. (Ihave never heard that term before and I do find it.....unusual...to stay the least. 

21 hours ago, devoe364 said:

Now THIS convo I can get into. NYR fan here! I went to the season opener last night. Hockey > Football

31 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Jessa looks so much smaller this pregnancy!

it's probably an old photo meaning either from her last pregnancy or from one month ago 

and yes I see Lovey's ring - could have been photoshoped - wouldn't put it past them 

On 9/26/2016 at 4:29 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

That caption. That face. Excuse me while I vomit copiously.

How the hell does Josh manage to look older than his parents? 

Seriously, he looks 50 in this picture. 

Kind of weird how there's a high probability that Jinger, Jessa, and Jill will be pregnant within the next year. I mean it's not that weird because they are Duggars and they breed like rabbits, but I feel sorry for Jana. She won't be able to relate to her 3 sisters close in age because they will bond about being moms and wives. Joy is what 7 or 8 years younger than Jana? It's a good thing Jana has her impressive garden to keep her content but I'll probably cry if Joy courts before her.  Her Sarah Maxwell fate is almost sealed. 

On 10/12/2016 at 9:43 AM, VelociRapture said:

Just want to take a moment to apologize to all our non-football fans here. I didn't realize I would spark a full on - though highly entertaining - thread derailment by stating that the Patriots are evil. 

Which, for the record, is still true.  :pb_lol:

TUCK RULE!!!!!  The Pats (especially that little whiny baby, Brady) are dead to me forever. 

7 hours ago, nst said:

it's probably an old photo meaning either from her last pregnancy or from one month ago 

and yes I see Lovey's ring - could have been photoshoped - wouldn't put it past them 

Yeah, the Duggars also just posted an older picture (from earlier this summer) of Jason and Meredith in the Stink Bus. I think they are running and end-around this week to distract us from the fact that there might be a wedding tomorrow (still only 9 on the west coast).

Remember, we HAVE seen JinJer in San Antonio earlier this week. Could this be the wedding location? Or, like with Jessa, were they back in AR by Thursday to make sure Sierra gets her act together. 

I thought they said in an early article that the wedding would be in AR.  Then they were in a hotel on a wedding planning trip so it's possible they changed their mind.  I do think it may be this weekend wherever it takes place.

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

TUCK RULE!!!!!  The Pats (especially that little whiny baby, Brady) are dead to me forever. 

You ROCK!!!!!!! I hate the cheatriots with a bloody blue passion. I will cuss the TV out if I have to watch a game where they are mentioned...the other utterly hated thing about the NFL? Cris Collinsworth. I swear to God, whoever thought that man should be on TV should be forced to watch endless tapes of him talking out his ass on Sunday nights...without any alcoholic help to cope. 

10 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Kind of weird how there's a high probability that Jinger, Jessa, and Jill will be pregnant within the next year. I mean it's not that weird because they are Duggars and they breed like rabbits, but I feel sorry for Jana. She won't be able to relate to her 3 sisters close in age because they will bond about being moms and wives. Joy is what 7 or 8 years younger than Jana? It's a good thing Jana has her impressive garden to keep her content but I'll probably cry if Joy courts before her.  Her Sarah Maxwell fate is almost sealed. 

I don't see any reason to think Jana is upset about not courting or being married yet. For all we know she's enjoying not being woken up by babies and toddlers for a change.

That said, I agree with the bolded. This cult places so much emphasis on marriage and motherhood that the women Jana's closest to - her sisters, Michael Keilen - are considered 'women' in a culture where she's still viewed as a girl, and their most important interests are supposed to be their husbands and children.

When my older sister and I got married, our relationship with each other and our single sister didn't change. My married sister and I still bond over our love for fantasy novels and Scottish history, while my younger sister and I bond over food and feminism, just like we all did before any of us was in a relationship.

As for Jana and Joy's age gap, again I wouldn't find anything wrong with it in an ordinary family, but this isn't an ordinary family. I'm the same age as Jana, while my late sister was born the same year as Joy, and by the time she passed away at the age of 18, we were friends rather than merely older and younger sister, but I had women (and men) my own age as well. I can't imagine her having been my 'primary' friend because, well, she was still much less mature than me.

I remember watching her when she was 16 or 17 and being reminded of myself at that age, and even though we could go to the movies together or go for lunch together, we both needed friends our own age, too. I'd watched her grow up from a little girl, and I was so proud  of the young woman she'd become, and I don't think that's a normal thing to feel about someone in an equal friendship. It's what you feel for a younger sister or a daughter.

Jana and Joy are expected to be one another's best friends now, because in Gothardism your siblings are your best friends - unless you're married, in which case your spouse is and not one of your siblings. And at that age, with that age gap, Jana's not going to find someone she can confide in and turn to when she needs comfort, because Joy's her little sister, and it's her job to provide advice and comfort to Joy, not the other way around.

And when you throw the whole sister-mom thing into the mix, it's even worse. Jana and Joy didn't grow up playing together, as my sisters and I did, because by the time Joy was born Jana was already a sister-mom (IIRC Jill was Joy's sister-mom, right?). In that sense the age gap is even greater for them than in a normal family, because Jana had to grow up so quickly.

tl:dr; This cult is so isolationist and gender essentialist that even in a big family you can be terribly lonely.

In the photo of the birthday celebretion of the girls in the Lilly and Ellie's blog there is a boy saled like "an extended family members" could he be the boy of whom they have custody and waiting for the adoption? What you think? 

21 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

How the hell does Josh manage to look older than his parents? 

Seriously, he looks 50 in this picture. 

If you're ugly on the inside, it starts to leak out.

Buffalo Bills fan here, um the 89-93 Bills, that is. Although they aren't doing too adly so far this year...

Damn Scott Norwood.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived