IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

New post up.  The family went to an abortion protest.  Why don't these fucking assholes get the fact that birth control prevents unwanted pregnancies?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are holding signs that say "Adoption: Loving Option." How many Maxwells are adopted? 

Ugh, those signs are awful.

"Adoption: The Loving Option"? That assumes that adoption is an option, and it's not a heartbreaking choice between getting the chance to meet a much-loved and much-wanted child and protecting them from an agonising death.

"Abortion Hurts Women"? I'm sure it does, particularly when women are pressured into it by their boyfriends or parents. But you know what else hurts women? Being forced to carry a pregnancy she doesn't want, one that might be having negative physical effects on her body, because people have decided the fetus has more of a right to her body than she does. What really hurts women is not being permitted to make choices about something as personal as a pregnancy for themselves.

And the "Pregnant? Need Help" one? Well, that just preys on women who are already desperate and not sure where to turn.

SMH at the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They are holding signs that say "Adoption: Loving Option." How many Maxwells are adopted? 

That's only for other people. The perfectly godly Maxwells do everything else right, they don't need to adopt a scary baby made by ungodly people having ungodly sex.

On 10/8/2016 at 10:43 PM, AliC said:

Pssst...If you really want to watch it, try right here!

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20537373bNjtddZ8

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :Yes:

I never got the chance to see it and have always been mystified by all the death talk surrounding this blessed event.  Now, if one were to play a drinking game while watching this, what would one drink to?   I might just have to savor some screwdrivers for this screwball occasion! 

I wonder if adoption would have been an option for Melanie and Nathan if they were unable to have bio kids?

They tried for four years.  Did the subject come up?

12 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :Yes:

I never got the chance to see it and have always been mystified by all the death talk surrounding this blessed event.  Now, if one were to play a drinking game while watching this, what would one drink to?   I might just have to savor some screwdrivers for this screwball occasion! 

You are in for a very wtf am I watching moment...I couldn't put my phone down. I kept drinking no one should be forced to watch this train wreck sober hahaha

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I can't remember if Steve was adopted by his step-father after his father left the family or not. But I know he changed his name from Bargar to Maxwell.

Why no, "need help now that you have a baby" sign? Oh right, no one cares once the kid is born. 

I will say that's a sad little protest. Did they even have 20 people there? 

Pathetic. Wouldn't it be more useful to support single parents struggling to make ends meet?  Making sure those children actually LIVING in this world have food, clothing, a healthy environment to grow up in, an solid education.  Oh wait.  That might take actual effort on their part besides holding a fucking sign on the side of a roadway.  Way to shame those already hurting.

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

You are in for a very wtf am I watching moment...I couldn't put my phone down. I kept drinking no one should be forced to watch this train wreck sober hahaha

All I got was a "page not found" message. Boo. 

4 hours ago, alba said:

And the "Pregnant? Need Help" one? Well, that just preys on women who are already desperate and not sure where to turn.

I hate that a kid is holding that sign. 

How I wish these people would stop indoctrinating their kids. It makes me sick. 

On the upside, a store was offering 25% off retiring Vera Bradley merchandise. I think they have book covers. Maybe P. Sarah is getting a new Bible cover at Christmas!!!

*autocorrect initially called Vera Bradley "Very Racket."  Which it is .... !

4 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I tried to watch it. Was asked if I'm over 18 and to have a credit card handy!!! Was that supposed to happen?

45 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I tried to watch it. Was asked if I'm over 18 and to have a credit card handy!!! Was that supposed to happen?

No, I kept getting sent to random sites so you have to be quick when clicking the video, it took me about 4 tries. 

6 hours ago, alba said:

"Adoption: The Loving Option"? That assumes that adoption is an option, and it's not a heartbreaking choice between getting the chance to meet a much-loved and much-wanted child and protecting them from an agonising death.

It also assumes that it's not a decision made the save the life of the mother. 

But what a crazy notion for either one of us to actually try to interject facts, logical and nuanced thinking into Maxwell world. 

I don't think that Steve agrees with adoption. This could be the reason Nathan & Melanie tried so hard to have kids. In the back of their minds they probably knew that if they adopted Steve wouldn't accept the child. 

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

I can't remember if Steve was adopted by his step-father after his father left the family or not. But I know he changed his name from Bargar to Maxwell.

Yes he was.  I was the one who found that little gem.  Hi Steve!

I wonder if any of the kidults have actually stopped and thought about rape resulting in pregnancy, incest, non-viable fetuses etc.

Or even if they are educated enough to know what an embryo even looks like.

They are so indoctrinated and under-educated they might actually see the world in black (killing babies!!!!) and white (saving babies!!!!).

Not even touching on a woman's right to do what she pleases with her own body here as I'm sure they don't give a damn about that.

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  The family went to an abortion protest.  Why don't these fucking assholes get the fact that birth control prevents unwanted pregnancies?

Google 'silent abortion' they claim the pill causes them because the lining of the uterus thins. 

I've been posting comments on the maxwellsame blog for a while tbh and I've even got the odd witty remark through..but lately I've been so.bored reading they're posts I'm tempted to comment * zzzzzzzz

Aborting rally...no John. ..where was John?  Not there! Why...because he isn't buying any of this crap! John is freeeeeeè! !!!!

Fundies talk like adoption is easy. Nope!! It can take ages to even be approved, you can be rejected for the smallest thing, there are loads of requirements you have to meet etc. Not to mention that most fundies don't actually adopt themselves, or if they do they're often those types of "child collectors" we read about on here. 

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I wonder if any of the kidults have actually stopped and thought about rape resulting in pregnancy, incest, non-viable fetuses etc.

Or even if they are educated enough to know what an embryo even looks like.

They are so indoctrinated and under-educated they might actually see the world in black (killing babies!!!!) and white (saving babies!!!!).

Not even touching on a woman's right to do what she pleases with her own body here as I'm sure they don't give a damn about that.

Probably just God's punishment for a woman not being righteous and bland-bean-burrito enough.

I know it's horrible to think/say, but I have to wonder what they made Melanie feel or what theological lessons they imparted on her after Susannah died.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived