IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

On 10/7/2016 at 2:37 PM, Granwych said:

And every single Maxwell wedding has been as dull and boring as shit, with the exception of Melanie and Nathan's.  Same colors for bridesmaids (green, but different shades) same uninspired wedding photographs, same old same old.  Here's to hoping that John gets hitched and gets it done with some pizzazz.

To the bolded: I often wonder if one of the reasons for "the Maxwell wedding that did not happen" aka Liz and Joe's Wedding was that Liz didn't want, among other things,  the standard boring Maxwell style wedding.  When Liz's sister got married around a year (or two?) later, it didn't look anything like a Maxhell wedding which had me wondering if one of the red flags that send Liz running was how the wedding planning was going.  I can imagine there were disagreements and disapproval over things that had more "pizzazz".   The Maxwell threshold of what they could tolerate in a wedding had to be abysmally low.  

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

To the bolded: I often wonder if one of the reasons for "the Maxwell wedding that did not happen" aka Liz and Joe's Wedding was that Liz didn't want, among other things,  the standard boring Maxwell style wedding.  When Liz's sister got married around a year (or two?) later, it didn't look anything like a Maxhell wedding which had me wondering if one of the red flags that send Liz running was how the wedding planning was going.  I can imagine there were disagreements and disapproval over things that had more "pizzazz".   The Maxwell threshold of what they could tolerate in a wedding had to be abysmally low.  

I agree, and will add, the decoration of the house was probably at issue, too. 

They claimed that Joseph was consulting Liz on paint colors and tile and stuff like that, but what was used was all exactly like what's already in the main Maxwell house. I really don't think Liz is a boring beige and tan type of person, but that's what Joseph put in the house. The registry, too, showed color choices exactly like in the main house. 

I'm guessing Liz wanted more color, but got shot down. 

Hell, maybe she even wanted an evil "Christmas tree" like her mom has and which she likes to decorate for the birthday parties and other holidays. Can you imagine a cool tree like that in a Maxwell household?!?

9 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Hell, maybe she even wanted an evil "Christmas tree" like her mom has and which she likes to decorate for the birthday parties and other holidays. Can you imagine a cool tree like that in a Maxwell household?!?

If Liz wanted a tree in the house (if she had married Joseph) would have said no. Something must have  happened during the time they were making decision about the house that made her realize he was not the man she thought he was. 

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They claimed that Joseph was consulting Liz on paint colors and tile and stuff like that, but what was used was all exactly like what's already in the main Maxwell house. I really don't think Liz is a boring beige and tan type of person, but that's what Joseph put in the house. The registry, too, showed color choices exactly like in the main house. 

ITA that the house decoration was probably an issue.  Looking at the Munck's blog agree that they are not "beige and tan" people, but given how much those colors dominated the house and registry items, I believe it's very possible that Liz's choices were being overruled if she was being allowed to express anything at all.   Between the wedding planning and house, I think she got a pretty good idea of what the Maxwells were really like and what kind of life was awaiting her.

Also, if they were claiming on the blog that Joseph was consulting her and that wasn't the case then it was also liar, liar :pantsonfire:  

Wouldn't be the first time Stevie has been caught but had to have been pretty enlightening for the Muncks.  

31 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

ITA that the house decoration was probably an issue.  Looking at the Munck's blog agree that they are not "beige and tan" people, but given how much those colors dominated the house and registry items, I believe it's very possible that Liz's choices were being overruled if she was being allowed to express anything at all.   Between the wedding planning and house, I think she got a pretty good idea of what the Maxwells were really like and what kind of life was awaiting her.

Also, if they were claiming on the blog that Joseph was consulting her and that wasn't the case then it was also liar, liar :pantsonfire:  

Wouldn't be the first time Stevie has been caught but had to have been pretty enlightening for the Muncks.  

I suspect Joseph was "consulting" in the sense that he solicited Liz's opinion, but then did what he wanted regardless.

19 minutes ago, alba said:

I suspect Joseph was "consulting" in the sense that he solicited Liz's opinion, but then did what he wanted regardless.

It was probably like that.   It might have been all for show or he found her choices unacceptable from Maxhell standards and he decided to go with Maxhell approved colors.

They definitely said they were talking about how to decorate the house. 

I'm sure he either asked her what she'd like, but then said no to her choices, or he only offered her a choice between beight and light beige. There's no way she'd be allowed to pick colors out herself, and definitely nothing non-Maxwell approved. 

As for the Christmas tree, never. I'm surprised, to be honest, that Steve allows any greenery in the house. 

In the Maxwell family all the decisions are made by the men. When Joseph married his wife any say she thought she was going to have went out the window. 

I wouldn't be surprised if (Joseph was so young) when decorating the house if Steve said no on something the line of "well, my dad said..." came up a lot and that put her over the edge. Steve was in tota control, Joseph might have been fine with whatever and Steve said nope we are doing it this way...

Didn't see Forgotten at the rally.  Wasn't Coward thankful for Forgotten's concern for the unborn at Thanksgiving/

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Didn't see Forgotten at the rally.  Wasn't Coward thankful for Forgotten's concern for the unborn at Thanksgiving/

I didn't see Stud either, maybe since he's a real estate agent now he's staying out of the spotlight with this crap. I'm sure his family is well known around the area, but it could hurt his potential sales. I like to think he has sense and is slowly moving away...Nathan and Melanie weren't there either...

40 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I didn't see Stud either, maybe since he's a real estate agent now he's staying out of the spotlight with this crap. I'm sure his family is well known around the area, but it could hurt his potential sales. I like to think he has sense and is slowly moving away...Nathan and Melanie weren't there either...

Melanie might be on bedrest now.

Nathan and Melanie sent their children, imho that's worse than showing up themselves.

Stud probably had work to do, and maybe Forgotten too has some kind of business venture? After all if he is ever to escape he needs that house debt-free first!

15 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I don't think you can assume the weddings were done according to the Maxwell's preferences based on the three weddings there's been so far. Nathan & Melanie's wedding was in colours fashionable for the time, and I'm guessing Anna-Marie would have wanted something as subdued as possible given her love of frumpers and apparent discomfort at being the centre of attention. There's no way she's ever going for hot pink and tulle. Similarly, Elissa isn't really a super-bright or super-girly person either, so I don't think we can really say that the wedding wasn't in her style. At least they had food at that wedding, which is more than you can say for most fundie weddings (and for Nathan's and Christopher's, I think).

As Anjulibai said, I think the house decoration decisions would have been as important - or not so much what was actually decided but the way in which the decisions were made, with the men having all the say and the women passive-aggressively forced to go along with it.

I've always had the thought in the back of my mind that an aunt or other close relative on hearing of the engagement did some Google tactics on the Maxwells and maybe even went to a conference.  Then when she went to the shower sat down and explained what the family was really like. 

On 10/11/2016 at 2:05 PM, anjulibai said:

Or she just took a look at the nutjob family she was marrying into and say "Oh hell no!" lol

Poor Melanie--another blessing. But "she's a trooper."  Abby, Bethany, [Chris)Tina and [An]Drew. What will the new name be? Elijah? Elizabeth? Esau? Ecclesiastic? Everpure? Emmanuel?

In the W-T-F category for today: WTF is "Spikeball"??? About as weird as when Anna was made to teach herself the Bowed Psalter....is this game sold only by homeschool families to other homeschool families? Weird.

From the True Woman's conference:

Friday night the whole session was prayer. We were led in prayer as speakers prayed. We were directed in prayer as they had us get in groups of 3 or 6 and pray for specific prayer points. For over 3 hours, 7,000 women at the conference plus thousands of women around the world who had put together prayer groups for the live simulcast were praying. It was moving.

Three hours?  Fun Friday night!  

Here I go again, but, as an atheist, I just can't believe how much of their lives these people waste on this god/Jesus/bible stuff. It's extraordinary!  And, to me, very sad.   Apologies to our Christian FJers if I am being insulting. I just will never understand why people don't enjoy their lives instead of being constantly fearful of god's wrath and spending eternity in hell. We only have one shot at it. LIVE a little while you have the chance. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

From the True Woman's conference:

Three hours?  Fun Friday night!  

Here I go again, but, as an atheist, I just can't believe how much of their lives these people waste on this god/Jesus/bible stuff. It's extraordinary!  And, to me, very sad.   Apologies to our Christian FJers if I am being insulting. I just will never understand why people don't enjoy their lives instead of being constantly fearful of god's wrath and spending eternity in hell. We only have one shot at it. LIVE a little while you have the chance. 

This. It's usually laced with a lot of self-hate inducing mesages - Teri says she's too proud (to which, btw, wtf? proud of having raised academically challenged, emotionally stunted clones?). You can't go to those things and come back happy, no, you come back feeling guilty, safe only in the comfort that everyone else is guilty too.

I wish they could play sports, or volunteer, or go to effing work! or have a hobby of their own, or anything that would give them a feeling of having spent the day achieving something and of having got somewhere. Makes a world of difference to self-esteem. And an ounce of self-esteem would in turn make them see the world in a more positive light.

Well, I have made it 12 minutes and 42 seconds into the wedding video.  I already want to punch kittens.  I have never seen a groom introduce himself or his family at any wedding I've ever been too.  ARROGANT!!!!!! 

I don't why I'm attempting to do this sober.  

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

constantly fearful of god's wrath and spending eternity in hell.

To be honest, not all of Christianity emphasizes this.  I can't remember the last time I heard a sermon or homily about that.  I think it was when the kids were young when we were on vacation and we slipped out a side door and ran.

Fundies are the minority in Christendom.  Quite honestly the last few Shabbat (reformed) sermons I've heard are indistinguishable from the majority of Catholic homilies at our local parish.  They are all about the love of God and sharing that with those who need some help be it physical or emotional. 

25 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

Well, I have made it 12 minutes and 42 seconds into the wedding video.  I already want to punch kittens.  I have never seen a groom introduce himself or his family at any wedding I've ever been too.  ARROGANT!!!!!! 

Pause and grab a drink, trust me. It's a very wtf is this that I'm watching....

40 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

"Arrogant" is putting it mildly.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived