IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

Just that it's not fun to be in debt and why would you want that for yourselves/your sons??

But most importantly it's unbiblical.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing: this naming theme for children the fundies have is really stupid. It reminds me when I played the sims as a teenager, and I would name all the kids with the same letter, or ABCD, or all flower names, or astrological names, etc. It's all about the "collection" and not teh individual children.

19 minutes ago, freejugar said:

One more thing: this naming theme for children the fundies have is really stupid. It reminds me when I played the sims as a teenager, and I would name all the kids with the same letter, or ABCD, or all flower names, or astrological names, etc. It's all about the "collection" and not teh individual children.

I don't find name themes in themselves stupid. There are plenty of people I know whose kids' names have some sort of theme to them, whether on accident or completely on purpose, and they usually just have a few kids. It's when parents pick a name that's really off the wall or respell a name to shoehorn it into the theme that really irks me. Like Jinger instead of Ginger (Duggars) or Sharlotte instead of Charlotte (Bambi Moore), or naming a child Chrysanthemum just because you already have Rose, Lily, Daisy and Jasmine. 

11 minutes ago, AliC said:

I don't find name themes in themselves stupid. There are plenty of people I know whose kids' names have some sort of theme to them, whether on accident or completely on purpose, and they usually just have a few kids. It's when parents pick a name that's really off the wall or respell a name to shoehorn it into the theme that really irks me. Like Jinger instead of Ginger (Duggars) or Sharlotte instead of Charlotte (Bambi Moore), or naming a child Chrysanthemum just because you already have Rose, Lily, Daisy and Jasmine. 

The worst is the poor little girl named Heistheway. Wtf.. Maybe it gets 500 extra brownie points with JC.

And I've been reminded to check on the "simple living alaska" people. 

Looks like they are up to nine kids! I can't find the names though. Too bad, they had some good ones. Oh, and Anna has changed her name to Tirzah. Delightful. 

Okay, fellow FJers, I've read some stuff about the Maxwell family and I am stunned. Teri's Corner on obeying your man and hoping God will magically provide if the husband isn't is so stupid. They are so incredibly sheltered and weird. Why haven't any of their kids attempted to leave? And who the hell considers animal crackers as a dessert for an adult's birthday party?

58 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

And I've been reminded to check on the "simple living alaska" people. 

Looks like they are up to nine kids! I can't find the names though. Too bad, they had some good ones. Oh, and Anna has changed her name to Tirzah. Delightful. 

The Wilkinsons:

Parents Jason and Anna/Tirzah

Glenn (Jason's son from a previous relationship)

Judah Zachariah

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O'YWH

Jerusalem Song

Zeven Arrow

Truly Faithful

there was also a miscarriage named Joyful Praise

let's get rid of that you want me to come up tomorrowFelt particularly strong so looked at Titus2 blog. Gasped in dismay at Ofnathan's news, narrowed my eyes at  Nate's "parenthood is HARD!" essay ...

And offer two little-thought-of biblical D names for females: Damaris (unlikely, since she decided for herself to believe after hearing Paul preach while she was out in her own); and Dorcas, which yes, is pronounced "DORK-uss."

Also, Build-a-Bear was invented by Maxine Kasselman Clark, of Jewish ancestry, in St.  Louis.  Company was bought by nameless faceless corporation years ago, but any Books of Mormon in Utah BAB stores are simply good niche marketing, I imagine.

...And I'm back on my Maxfast .  All in all, they're still way too sad for me to watch. 

Carry on!!

On September 27, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Captain Obvious said:

He didn't actually cry, but I bet he lectured the husband about failing in his headshiply standards afterwards.

http://articles.titus2.com/modesty/

After reading that, as I sit here at my heathen govmint job, I adjusted my already fairly low cut top and made sure it wasn't even covering my bra properly. 

I shall call today Bra Flashing For Stehovah Day. Because fuck you, Steve.

He was close to tears:

"She was rather conservatively dressed except for a loose fitting top with a medium neckline. She was sitting with her baby on her lap, and then she bent over to set the child on the floor in front of her. She was now directly in my line of sight. As she set the child down, she looked across at me. To my horror her top hung open, and it could have appeared to her I was inappropriately looking at her. I immediately closed my eyes and turned away, but I was never so humbled in all my life. I honestly could have wept right there."

Women have breasts that are larger than men's breasts.  When did that become a source of shame and pain? 

Too much sad. 

53 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The Wilkinsons:

Judah Zachariah

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O'YWH

Jerusalem Song

Zeven Arrow

Truly Faithful

Hahahaha :pb_lol:

These names are BRILLIANT....ly weird. Serenity Rose is actually OK, as is Judah Zachariah. Then they just get crazier with each child. Although Vision O'YHWH takes the fucking piss.

Destiny, Judah, Mercy get a pass from me. But Serenity or Truly? Piss off!

3 hours ago, freejugar said:

I don't think they set out to have a name theme. Nathan wrote a long story about how he came to choose Abigail's name, and it was divine inspiration (he and Melanie had picked another name out, but didn't feel like it fit, and then he was reading the Bible and came across some quote about Abigail from the Bible, and felt it fit)

I suspect what happened was they chose Abigail and Bethany without any thought and then decided to keep it going with Christina and Drew. 

Not all fundies do name themes. Some just pick names they like. 

7 hours ago, season of life said:

Destiny, Judah, Mercy get a pass from me. But Serenity or Truly? Piss off!

Winner for me is still Lamb Hale (Pilgrim). If you're going to go that far, at least name the other siblings Mutton, Bacon and Chinese Barbecue Duck.

11 hours ago, season of life said:

They are so incredibly sheltered and weird. Why haven't any of their kids attempted to leave? 

I've wondered this too. Alicia Faith Pennington bolted. Two of Chris and Wendy Jeub's kids did too. Why haven't any Maxwells? Do they just not have the gumption? Or was their brainwashing that much more effective?

1 hour ago, VodouDoll said:

I've wondered this too. Alicia Faith Pennington bolted. Two of Chris and Wendy Jeub's kids did too. Why haven't any Maxwells? Do they just not have the gumption? Or was their brainwashing that much more effective?

I think the Maxwell kids are to brainwashed to leave. I don't know if their is anywhere they could go. Steve has scared them to much of the outside world they are probably to afraid to leave. 

I think the Maxwells have been more sheltered than other fundies. They don't even seem to interact with relatives not like them. Didn't the Pennington girl leave with her non-fundy grandparents? From what I remember of the Jeubs, they never seemed that isolated. It's as if the Maxwell grew up in a bunker. I can completely believe that the ones still at home don't know they can leave nor want to leave. It would never occur to them they have such options. Even if they did want to leave, they wouldn't know how or where to go. They aren't close to anyone other than immediate family. Even though people at FJ say they would take some of these fundies in, it would be crazy for the Maxwells, who are likely naive, to go stay with people they don't know and have no reason to trust. 

Why would they leave if this is all they know and believe it is the right way? They could ask why I didn't abandon my family when I had a mom that encouraged me to go to college, date, live on my own and believes I do not have less value than a man. To them, that would be reason for leaving and finding a fundy family. 

18 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am just wondering, what skills do the Maxwell women have that would allow them to be self supporting should something happen to their parents? I would imagine that a regular kid straight out of high school would have a better chance of finding employment than the Maxwell women. At least the kid would less likely not have a problem working with people from different backgrounds and would likely not care so much about someone's religion, marital status or sexual orientation. Other than cooking and cleaning what can they do? They are so sheltered that I would worry they would have problem just communicating  with others outside of their circle. 

Stevus and Teri at least have social security from Steve's years at what some might call a job. The SAHDs don't even have that. Fortunately they own the house outright and they have brothers to perform major maintenance tasks, and I assume taxes are pretty low where they live. So they could hire themselves out for housecleaning, babysitting, and pet sitting and get by with a little help from the relatives.

First someone would have to convince them that they can and should work.  Hopefully Nathan and Melanie would do that rather than try to pick up the financial slack.

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Hahahaha :pb_lol:

These names are BRILLIANT....ly weird. Serenity Rose is actually OK, as is Judah Zachariah. Then they just get crazier with each child. Although Vision O'YHWH takes the fucking piss.

How about Getta Life for the next one.

15 hours ago, Bethella said:

The Wilkinsons:

Judah Zachariah

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O'YWH

Jerusalem Song

Zeven Arrow

Truly Faithful

Does anyone know if Zeven is a boy or a girl? I'm thinking boy, but in all my looking around trying to scrounge up info on them, I truly (lol, sorry) don't know! I do know that all the others are girls besides Glenn and Judah.

4 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

We can ask the same thing about the Duggars.  Why have none of them left? Do they not have the gumption?

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Stevus and Teri at least have social security from Steve's years at what some might call a job. The SAHDs don't even have that. Fortunately they own the house outright and they have brothers to perform major maintenance tasks, and I assume taxes are pretty low where they live. So they could hire themselves out for housecleaning, babysitting, and pet sitting and get by with a little help from the relatives.

I could totally see them declaring the house as a "ministry" so they don't need to pay taxes on it.

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

I could totally see them declaring the house as a "ministry" so they don't need to pay taxes on it.

It's definitely not as simple as that.

1 hour ago, AliC said:

Does anyone know if Zeven is a boy or a girl? I'm thinking boy, but in all my looking around trying to scrounge up info on them, I truly (lol, sorry) don't know! I do know that all the others are girls besides Glenn and Judah.

He's a boy- his name supposedly rhymes with haven not seven.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived