IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I only wanna be with you!

samurai_sarah

On 9/22/2016 at 11:25 AM, Sparky said:

I just got married on Saturday. We had our ceremony at 4pm, doors open to the reception at 5pm with appies served & meal at 6:30pm. We did our photos befor the ceremony to accommodate this and I think it worked well! 

Congratulations! May you grow old on one pillow. =)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I think there is a difference between borrowing husband's hoodie and wandering around in his jersey from a sport he no longer plays. Do you also lounge around in his high school basketball jersey? Or wear his high school baseball jersey out to do the grocery shopping. One with his name on the back? 

Unless he played in a major sports league and you are at a game where his number is being retired or something...that just seems a little cheesy and high school. 

4 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I don't really see what you're getting at.  He DID play in a major sports league, the MLS (Major League Soccer), for the New York Red Bulls.  Furthermore, it didn't even look like his "real" jersey.  It looked like just a regular ol' t-shirt for the NY Red Bulls that anyone can probably buy online. It even looked like it fit her well, so it can't be his, as someone pointed out, because his t-shirt would be awfully large and baggy on her.  We don't even know if it had his name and number on the back or not.  

All this to say, that it probably was not his shirt, let alone his jersey.  He probably got it for her so she can rep his old team.  Even if it was his t-shirt, I don't really see the problem.  

22 minutes ago, WendigoAgogo said:

Congratulations! May you grow old on one pillow. =)

A pillow adorned with your beloved's T-shirt or a kind of creepy couples picture where you're wearing matching baggy polo shirts!

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

A pillow adorned with your beloved's T-shirt or a kind of creepy couples picture where you're wearing matching baggy polo shirts!

I guess that depends on what you're into. I have a friend who got married in a hearse at a drive up chapel and I think it was amazing, so maybe I'm not the best judge. haha =)

12 minutes ago, WendigoAgogo said:

I guess that depends on what you're into. I have a friend who got married in a hearse at a drive up chapel and I think it was amazing, so maybe I'm not the best judge. haha =)

I mean, for reals, if I didn't have family to please, I would totally do that for my hypothetical wedding (brb dying alone with 80 cats). Though I could just do what my parents did and do a traditional affair for the wedding, and then do a tacky Vegas chapel wedding with an Elvis impersonator for a vow renewal (there are pictures of me in a frilly flower girl dress posing with Elvis).

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I mean, for reals, if I didn't have family to please, I would totally do that for my hypothetical wedding (brb dying alone with 80 cats). Though I could just do what my parents did and do a traditional affair for the wedding, and then do a tacky Vegas chapel wedding with an Elvis impersonator for a vow renewal (there are pictures of me in a frilly flower girl dress posing with Elvis).

I like the Elvis idea but only if its followed by a lovely cake, ice cream, and punch reception in the parking lot.

1 hour ago, WendigoAgogo said:

I like the Elvis idea but only if its followed by a lovely cake, ice cream, and punch reception in the parking lot.

It doesn't really get cold enough in Vegas for a proper November parking lot reception.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It doesn't really get cold enough in Vegas for a proper November parking lot reception.

True. Viva Las Vegas but man is it hot there most of the time! I'll be there in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping it will be less than 80 degrees but I'm not counting on it. 

2 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I don't really see what you're getting at.  He DID play in a major sports league, the MLS (Major League Soccer), for the New York Red Bulls.  Furthermore, it didn't even look like his "real" jersey.  It looked like just a regular ol' t-shirt for the NY Red Bulls that anyone can probably buy online. It even looked like it fit her well, so it can't be his, as someone pointed out, because his t-shirt would be awfully large and baggy on her.  We don't even know if it had his name and number on the back or not.  

All this to say, that it probably was not his shirt, let alone his jersey.  He probably got it for her so she can rep his old team.  Even if it was his t-shirt, I don't really see the problem.  

Yes, this. I get that they're odd and annoying fame-chasers with dangerous fundy beliefs, but I don't see anything "high school" about wearing a shirt from a team you like, especially when we see Joy is there dressed similarly casually. In her case it IS probably just "Jeremy played for them so I must love them!" (which is always annoying - I had an ultra-preppy friend who suddenly became a huge country music fan - after always declaring she hated it - just because her current boyfriend liked it which was dumb) but still, it's a sports team shirt. His mom probably has that shirt, too. If she wore it to one of their games she'd blend right into the crowd if she paired it with a cute midi skirt or something else relatively current. (And I hope he does take her to some games, and encourages her to dress however she likes.) Would Jana be accused of being "high school" if she'd actually dated courted Tim Tebow and wore a team shirt?

The jersey on the pillow thing is strange and a little skeevy, but the shirt? Not so much, IMO.

And I agree with those saying there's no way they are waiting until Spring for their wedding. Didn't they say a while back she'd already got her dress? I'm thinking by Spring she'll either be pregnant or trying to fend off the family questioning why she isn't.

53 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I disagree. I was a bridesmaid for an outdoor November wedding in Vegas several years ago and we FROZE (granted, it was an evening wedding, but still)

59 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

That's brilliant!

Ineeded a giggle this evening.  :content:

Maybe they will marry at that little chapel where Ben proposed to Jessa. Still Arkansas, eminently camera worthy, and the comment back then was that the chapel was too small for a Duggar wedding. Could be....

13 hours ago, ALM7 said:

@Playagirl, Oh, Oh [waving hand in air], I actually know how to do something!

I linked @Destiny instructions below, on the How to attach a video to a post, at the tech Q&A link...  

Awww, bless your true servant's heart for trying to help me @ALM7. I still can't get it to work even after playing in the test thread sandbox and trying your instructions. I figured out how to post a link to a you tube video but not the video itself. I shall blame my tablet instead of my complete techie-incompetence-ness.

7 hours ago, WendigoAgogo said:

True. Viva Las Vegas but man is it hot there most of the time! I'll be there in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping it will be less than 80 degrees but I'm not counting on it. 

It was only 86 today...I was COLD! (I live in North Las Vegas). In November, it's nice but not hot. The average high is only 67. 

https://www.vegas.com/weather/averages.html

On 20/09/2016 at 7:04 AM, Jinder Roles said:

If we're talking about eye-fucking then look no further than the Smolder-Holder...Ian Somerhalder.

Warning: The content of this photo may cause your lady parts to explode or even worse...pregnancy. 

05072012_ian_520-02.jpg

Now this....this is something else...

13 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I disagree. I was a bridesmaid for an outdoor November wedding in Vegas several years ago and we FROZE (granted, it was an evening wedding, but still)

I was a bridesmaid for an outdoor wedding/reception in Canada in late September. I could've killed everybody by the end of it. So cold, and so poorly planned. 

I was a bridesmaid for an outdoor wedding/reception in Canada in late September. I could've killed everybody by the end of it. So cold, and so poorly planned. 

Oh, Jesus. I can't believe the couple didn't plan better. I've no idea where in Canada you're talking about, but where I come from (southern Ontario) fall weather is SO variable. One year you're in shorts for Hallowe'en, the next you're squeezing your costume on over your winter coat.

6 minutes ago, alba said:

Oh, Jesus. I can't believe the couple didn't plan better. I've no idea where in Canada you're talking about, but where I come from (southern Ontario) fall weather is SO variable. One year you're in shorts for Hallowe'en, the next you're squeezing your costume on over your winter coat.

EXACTLY but they wanted a "country style" wedding and we were in Southern Manitoba. I had jeans under my dress and a heavy coat on as soon as the reception hit. I get having your pictures outside, and even the wedding because it was short. But the reception was tough. 

They were happy though, so I suppose that's what counts. lol

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

EXACTLY but they wanted a "country style" wedding and we were in Southern Manitoba. I had jeans under my dress and a heavy coat on as soon as the reception hit. I get having your pictures outside, and even the wedding because it was short. But the reception was tough. 

They were happy though, so I suppose that's what counts. lol

now that is insane having an outdoor wedding past October 1 in Canada - here the Royals come here today in Vancouver :D

November weddings inside at Hotel Vancouver are a good idea I have heard :D

52 minutes ago, nst said:

now that is insane having an outdoor wedding past October 1 in Canada - here the Royals come here today in Vancouver :D

November weddings inside at Hotel Vancouver are a good idea I have heard :D

It's chilly here today, and now I'm getting acid flashbacks of being in that wedding. :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, alba said:

Fellow Ontarian here. Eastern so colder than your area. I've never understood the lightweight Halloween costumes they sell here. One year when the kids were little we went trick-or-treating in the middle of a light snowstorm. Most of the kids had their winter coats on over their costumes, along with boots, hats and mitts. A colleague of mine is having an outdoor wedding in early October this year and is wearing a strapless dress. I say best of luck with that plan.

I live in eastern Ontario and am getting married in November- inside a small art gallery. I can't imagine subjecting my guests (or myself and my finace) to the possible cold temperatures we might have by then. Outdoor weddings can be lovely, but you have to know your area and in this part of Canada, outdoor October/ November weddings are just too much of a gamble. 

We are in the midwest, and my daughter's wedding is in two weeks.  Her ceremony will be outside (weather permitting) and the reception/dinner will be at a gorgeous restored barn with an attached wedding tent.  If it's too chilly, the ceremony will be inside the barn, and the wedding tent and barn can be heated if necessary.  

Fellow Ontarian here. Eastern so colder than your area. I've never understood the lightweight Halloween costumes they sell here. One year when the kids were little we went trick-or-treating in the middle of a light snowstorm. Most of the kids had their winter coats on over their costumes, along with boots, hats and mitts. A colleague of mine is having an outdoor wedding in early October this year and is wearing a strapless dress. I say best of luck with that plan.

Well, from what I've seen on the news it's been milder than usual back home this fall, so she might get lucky, but I hope she's got a shawl or bolero or something!

I got married in JULY in Scotland (which, admittedly, is much chillier than July in Ontario) and it was so windy I was grateful my dress had elbow-length lacy sleeves.

34 minutes ago, alba said:

Well, from what I've seen on the news it's been milder than usual back home this fall, so she might get lucky, but I hope she's got a shawl or bolero or something!

I got married in JULY in Scotland (which, admittedly, is much chillier than July in Ontario) and it was so windy I was grateful my dress had elbow-length lacy sleeves.

Yeah, she has a shawl. And the reception will be indoors so at least if it's cold, the time outside will only be during the afternoon and won't last long. Not sure what they'll do if it's raining during the ceremony but I assume the venue has a back-up plan in place. If it's a nice day the photos will be stunning as the leaves are well on their way to changing and should be at their peak by then.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived