IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I only wanna be with you!

samurai_sarah

29 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I'm starting to wonder if they're looking at a spring wedding. If the groom's side are more normal wanting a more traditional affair (with food) than the usual 'stand 1000 people in a car park' it's going to take a bit more time to organise.

FWIW We had 50 people to a sit down buffet reception after a 2pm wedding followed by a less formal buffet in the evening for 150. No-one went home hungry.

Oh and while I could (AKA before I got fat), I often wore MrCoveredInBees rugby tops. Doesn't bother me at all, far less creepy than the pillow thing.

Amy Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar planned her wedding in just around two months. They had the sit down dinner, dancing, drinking, etc. type reception that a lot of us are used to. If they can plan a wedding like that for a month as popular as September, then I'm pretty sure JinJer could do it too.

Unless they want to get married in the spring or they want a longer engagement. That's possible too.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all are WRONG... See, TLC has been reading here, and they've realized that we are right. Knowing all about Jill's and Jessa's weddings, plans, shopping, grifting, etc so far ahead, and THEN watching it months later, when they'd already announced their pregnancy, was the dumbest thing they did.

SO. TLC is having them hush hush the wedding, so that they can film it, and then hopefully they'll rush it into production before the inevitable pregnancy announcement. 

My bet is late september, early October, and a show by December. But we won't have already seen the dress, the invitation, the guest list, the registry, the ugly repaired bridesmaid dresses, etc. in People this time.

Amy had the good fortune of picking the Sunday of Labor Day weekend to get married. Smart move. My wedding was on Sept. 26, 2015, and a lot of the venues and photographers I looked at were already booked a year in advance. But, planning a Sunday wedding is different for booking things in only two months. Also, guests don't mind Sunday weddings if they have that Monday off.

I just got married on Saturday. We had our ceremony at 4pm, doors open to the reception at 5pm with appies served & meal at 6:30pm. We did our photos befor the ceremony to accommodate this and I think it worked well! 

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

I just got married on Saturday. We had our ceremony at 4pm, doors open to the reception at 5pm with appies served & meal at 6:30pm. We did our photos befor the ceremony to accommodate this and I think it worked well! 

Congratulations! May you only ever be happy!

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Y'all are WRONG... See, TLC has been reading here, and they've realized that we are right. Knowing all about Jill's and Jessa's weddings, plans, shopping, grifting, etc so far ahead, and THEN watching it months later, when they'd already announced their pregnancy, was the dumbest thing they did.

SO. TLC is having them hush hush the wedding, so that they can film it, and then hopefully they'll rush it into production before the inevitable pregnancy announcement. 

My bet is late september, early October, and a show by December. But we won't have already seen the dress, the invitation, the guest list, the registry, the ugly repaired bridesmaid dresses, etc. in People this time.

THIS^- Yes, dumbest thing ever to run Jill's wedding episode in October, the week before Jessa's wedding, and months after Jill had announced her pregnancy. 

I agree that there is no way JinJer is waiting until next Spring to marry. 

I was curious about the "baaabe" thing since I don't actually watch, so I went to TLC's website to watch their compilation video of it.

I immediately regret this decision my face is going to be permanently scrunched from cringing. 

ETA: Maybe Jinjer's wedding will have "fancy" desserts like Italian sodas over cake. 

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

You are probably absolutely bang on.

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The reception described is actually not seen as "very formal" in Germany. Not everybody has the reception in a hotel, but you almost always book a restaurant or room and you always provide food in some way. That is pretty much standard. However much money you can afford- point is- you feed your guests. Even if you throw a backyard reception- you feed your guests. Make it a "everybody brings something", BUT FEED YOUR DAMN GUESTS.

Same. I'm from the Caribbean and we feed you at weddings, funerals, birthday parties, house christenings, baby christenings, wakes. We feed you a lot. Bon appetit...bring your tupperware. 

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Congratulations! Best wishes for you and your new spouse!  

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

THIS^- Yes, dumbest thing ever to run Jill's wedding episode in October, the week before Jessa's wedding, and months after Jill had announced her pregnancy. 

I agree that there is no way JinJer is waiting until next Spring to marry. 

I wonder who makes decisions to schedule the episodes like that, especially since they are so public about the things happening in real time. It'd be one thing if someone leaked photos from a wedding, etc. but that's not the case. You'd think they'd want to "stagger" news better for maximum focus? Then again, they're in People magazine like every week, so what do I know? 

And I agree they're not waiting long to marry, definitely before the end of the year. The other sisters got married pretty quickly after getting engaged. Didn't the Duggars even say something along the lines of wanting short engagements because temptation or something? or am I mixing things up? 

Maybe they'll film a special to show sometime not too long after the season ends. If they made it 90 minutes, they could cover preparation.

As to receptions, etc., I come from people who do both. One side was more of the mints and cake variety, the other would make you eat until you couldn't move. Same city. While I enjoy hearing of the traditions people follow here, very much, there is a persistent "our way is the correct way" flavor attached sometimes, not all times, that is unwilling to factor in what is really quite normal to other people. As many have said here, many times, if you were to do a full blowout among a mints and nuts and cake crowd, they'd think you were being wasteful or tiresome, trying to show everybody up.

That said, of course we can all agree ice cream in a parking lot in November would not fly with the Vuolos, be they of the Philadelphia "Sunday gravy" variety, which I kinda doubt, or just typical northerners of some other stripe.

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Why on earth are posting on FJ?  You're supposed to be doing what all newlywed couples do non-stop.

Writing thank you notes.

1 hour ago, guitar_villain said:

Why on earth are posting on FJ?  You're supposed to be doing what all newlywed couples do non-stop.

Writing thank you notes.

I have actually come down with the cold from hell and have been house bound since Monday afternoon! The thank you cards have all been written and addressed and now just need to be stamped and put it the post! I think I may have set some kind of record.

4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Same. I'm from the Caribbean and we feed you at weddings, funerals, birthday parties, house christenings, baby christenings, wakes. We feed you a lot. Bon appetit...bring your tupperware. 

I have one Irish parent (mum) and my dad is Australian (with a Jewish father).

We believe that it is very essential to have too much food than too little. Nothing worse than a party with no food!!!

Plus, the other thing is dry weddings. They are the worst.

It's official, the Duggar family has crap celebrations!

I'm starting to wonder if they're looking at a spring wedding. If the groom's side are more normal wanting a more traditional affair (with food) than the usual 'stand 1000 people in a car park' it's going to take a bit more time to organise.

FWIW We had 50 people to a sit down buffet reception after a 2pm wedding followed by a less formal buffet in the evening for 150. No-one went home hungry.

Oh and while I could (AKA before I got fat), I often wore MrCoveredInBees rugby tops. Doesn't bother me at all, far less creepy than the pillow thing.

I dunno, we organised our sit-down meal reception in around ten weeks. Admittedly, we only had 20 guests, but that actually severely limited our venue options as most places wouldn't even accept so few people.

We did get married on a Friday (most of our guests were either local or flying in from abroad), so that probably helped, although it was apparently still a popular day - when we booked the registrar's the latest they could give us was 11am. Considering Jinger's side don't have things like jobs to worry about, I can see them doing a Friday in Laredo, especially if they're only inviting family and close friends.

7 hours ago, Sparky said:

I have actually come down with the cold from hell and have been house bound since Monday afternoon! The thank you cards have all been written and addressed and now just need to be stamped and put it the post! I think I may have set some kind of record.

Damn, that's impressive! Congratulations to you and your spouse!! Hope you feel better soon.

The getting sick right after the wedding thing happened to me and some friends. I suspect it's related to being done with the stress leading up to the wedding. 

@Playagirl, Oh, Oh [waving hand in air], I actually know how to do something!

I linked @Destiny instructions below, on the How to attach a video to a post, at the tech Q&A link...  

In regards to conversation below...

On 9/17/2016 at 9:36 AM, Playagirl said:

Nope, can't figure it out on my cheap tablet. The YouTube app doesn't show the URL and I don't have the patience nor the skills to figure it out. The original skit seems to have disappeared off the net, in any case. All I can find are the numerous sequels to it. And now that fricking song is going to accompany me throughout my weekend chores:my_sad:

On 9/17/2016 at 9:48 AM, samurai_sarah said:

You and me both! :(

(If you try it via the browser, you can tap onto the actual video and it'll give you the option to copy the URL- at least for me. Sorry, I'm of limited help here.)

So, I'm finally caught up on episodes.  And, I have to say, Jinger gets on my last nerve.  BUT....  God Bless Jeremy.  I really like him and like him for Jinger.  He is obviously a born again Christian.  But he is NOT....a fundy.  Not even remotely.  Once Jinger gets away from her family and the huge constraints of Gothardism, she is going to go through a very tough time of finding herself.  Right now, her identity is Jeremy. It isn't even God.  He is going to be good for her.  And he has already shown he is not going to bow down to JB, nor allow him control over his life and his future marriage.  

22 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

What about the contract with PEOPLE?  They are not going to hold out that long.

7 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

So, I'm finally caught up on episodes.  And, I have to say, Jinger gets on my last nerve.  BUT....  God Bless Jeremy.  I really like him and like him for Jinger.  He is obviously a born again Christian.  But he is NOT....a fundy.  Not even remotely.  Once Jinger gets away from her family and the huge constraints of Gothardism, she is going to go through a very tough time of finding herself.  Right now, her identity is Jeremy. It isn't even God.  He is going to be good for her.  And he has already shown he is not going to bow down to JB, nor allow him control over his life and his future marriage.  

What about the contract with PEOPLE?  They are not going to hold out that long.

I'm curious what makes you state that. Do you mean that he isn't the same type of Fundie as Jinger and the Duggars? Because it's possible that while he isn't IBLP or ATI that he's still very much a Fundie in other ways.

As for People, I don't know if they still have a contract or anything with them. Jinger's engagement cover story was run by US Magazine if I remember right. 

15 hours ago, Sparky said:

Feel better FJ newlywed! I've actually heard this is quite common — to get sick right after you get married. I didn't get sick, but I probably should have. You know, with major lack of sleep and then shaking hands and hugging 130+ people. I've heard a wedding tip about postponing honeymoons a couple of months until after a wedding for just that reason. We waited six months (this past June) to finally take our honeymoon. Major reason is my husband is a teacher and can't just take a full week off in the start of the school year. Also, it gave us something to really look forward to in the months that followed. Again, congrats! I hope your day was AMAZING!  Root beer floats for all!

On 9/22/2016 at 4:19 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Eh, I'm 30 in a few days and wear my boyfriend's clothes around the house.

His hoodies are sooooo coomfy. 

I think there is a difference between borrowing husband's hoodie and wandering around in his jersey from a sport he no longer plays. Do you also lounge around in his high school basketball jersey? Or wear his high school baseball jersey out to do the grocery shopping. One with his name on the back? 

Unless he played in a major sports league and you are at a game where his number is being retired or something...that just seems a little cheesy and high school. 

7 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Feel better FJ newlywed! I've actually heard this is quite common — to get sick right after you get married. I didn't get sick, but I probably should have. You know, with major lack of sleep and then shaking hands and hugging 130+ people. I've heard a wedding tip about postponing honeymoons a couple of months until after a wedding for just that reason. We waited six months (this past June) to finally take our honeymoon. Major reason is my husband is a teacher and can't just take a full week off in the start of the school year. Also, it gave us something to really look forward to in the months that followed. Again, congrats! I hope your day was AMAZING!  Root beer floats for all!

We have successfully postponed our honeymoon for going on 7.5 years now. 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm curious what makes you state that. Do you mean that he isn't the same type of Fundie as Jinger and the Duggars? Because it's possible that while he isn't IBLP or ATI that he's still very much a Fundie in other ways.

As for People, I don't know if they still have a contract or anything with them. Jinger's engagement cover story was run by US Magazine if I remember right. 

I guess he could be considered fundie-lite.  But as a born again Christian myself, I just don't see the flags.  The definition of what fundie-lite is can vary I guess from person to person.  Is he evangelical?  Yes.  Is he politically evangelical?  Most likely yes.  Is he blind to the cult from which his bride to be is coming?  No.  

He is trying to respect JB.  You see that when he invites him to Laredo as well as to look at rings.  But even at this courtship stage, Jeremy is doing what he and Jinger want.  Not what JB wants.  He isn't answering JB's inquisitions.  He is already setting boundries.  

As for the magazine, I forgot about US Magazine.  That could change things.

On 22/09/2016 at 9:03 AM, CoveredInBees said:

As long as they don't take April 29th so I don't have to share my wedding date it's all good lol :pb_lol:

The only thing my Fiancé and I care about is everyone has enough to eat and drink. We're going small (about 20 people) in a park with the reception at home (neither of us cares about a wedding but in BC you have to have ano officiant and 2 witnesses so it'll cost the same 200$ either way to have the ceremony).  Hopefully Jinger and Jeremy can have something smaller and actually feed their guests...

1 minute ago, Alachantal said:

As long as they don't take April 29th so I don't have to share my wedding date it's all good lol :pb_lol:

The only thing my Fiancé and I care about is everyone has enough to eat and drink. We're going small (about 20 people) in a park with the reception at home (neither of us cares about a wedding but in BC you have to have ano officiant and 2 witnesses so it'll cost the same 200$ either way to have the ceremony).  Hopefully Jinger and Jeremy can have something smaller and actually feed their guests...

Feeding the guests was my main priority when we planned our wedding. I have probably complained here before about the weddings I was in where there was little or no food (serving 1 inch square bites of cake with chalky cheap mints and four peanuts at 6 p.m. is just rude if you ask me!). We had a buffet with a ton of food. Fortunately, life is good in small towns in the Midwest. It cost us $16 a plate and the venue provided linens, plates, silverware, etc.... We had about 100 people for a dinner and dance. My parents paid for the reception because my dad could not be talked out of that. I am very glad that we didn't push the point and take that away from him, either. 

10 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Damn, that's impressive! Congratulations to you and your spouse!! Hope you feel better soon.

The getting sick right after the wedding thing happened to me and some friends. I suspect it's related to being done with the stress leading up to the wedding. 

I got sick right before our wedding- I had lost my voice and was worried I wouldn't be able to speak my vows! Thankfully all I had was a bit of a stuffy nose the day of. Felt great on the honeymoon!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived