IGNORED

The Hodnett Family Converting Scotland

Palimpsest

One of Shrader's early grifts on Deputation was an accordion.  His magical accordion (TM Sharon Bailgoat) was an ongoing joke here for ages.  My sponsoring @formergothardite  on to her mission to Scotland was contingent on her being able to grift one for herself.  She's never succeeded.

John's accordion hasn't been seen for ages.  He upgraded to an electronic keyboard and an upright piano.  Hodnett really needs to pull up his socks.  He is so far behind John, Jill R. and Voddie when it comes to grifting.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is bringing shame onto the grifting missionary fraternity/sorority!

Let's make amends for that! I'd quite like a Hilleberg Tent to...uh, preach the gospel of Scandinavian crafting to the outdoor community of...uh, New Zealand?

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

That might be enough to get me to go to church once to check it out. I can kind of picture Jill taking that on the road. 

Jill would be the icing on that umm, unique cake.  The participating church would need to have baskets of earplugs available.

1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

Let's make amends for that! I'd quite like a Hilleberg Tent to...uh, preach the gospel of Scandinavian crafting to the outdoor community of...uh, New Zealand?

Count me in for any kind of crafting!  And I'll go almost anywhere(but please, can the government there be stable??!!)

Hey, can I play?  I'd like a 1973-79 VW camper(with automatic transmission)so I can carry all my Bibles, tracts and other missioncation stuff.  Plus, I could live in it so I wouldn't have to rent a house! It wouldn't even have to be in perfect condition--as long as it's running, driving, and not too rusty, I'm good!

(I loves me some vintage rear-engine VWs...)

6 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

I'm in! And I am a Scandinavian and I've knitted a lot of Norwegians patterns. Let's bring it to the world!

You can play! The more the merrier. Tracts and stuff take up space. Dump them and bring drinkie type supplies. Crafting and chocolate must easier to carry. 

2 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

I'm in! And I am a Scandinavian and I've knitted a lot of Norwegians patterns. Let's bring it to the world!

Hop on board. Could you teach me to follow a pattern? I was always hopeless.

6 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

You can play! The more the merrier. Tracts and stuff take up space. Dump them and bring drinkie type supplies. Crafting and chocolate must easier to carry. 

Hop on board. Could you teach me to follow a pattern? I was always hopeless.

Of course! What do you want to knit? Mittens? Sweaters? I'll bring it all! 

10 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

Not kidding, the knitted jumper my parents accidentally bought in Norway is my favourite during a Scottish winter. I am so on board! :)

ETA: Sorry, I suck at knitting, so I'll do the shouting about how this is the greatest thing evah!

16 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

Of course! What do you want to knit? Mittens? Sweaters? I'll bring it all! 

If you can show me how to do steeks painlessly, I'll buy the wine!

20 hours ago, Granwych said:

If you can show me how to do steeks painlessly, I'll buy the wine!

I'm not that good at steeking unfortunately! It still terrifies me to use a scissor on something I've knitted.

Here's the WIKI.  It sounds terrifying, as though the entire piece would unravel before your eyes.  

In knitting, steeking is a shortcut used to knit garments such as sweaters in the round without interruption for openings or sleeves until the end. After completing a tube, a straight line is cut along the center of a column of stitches, in order to make room for an opening or place to attach another piece.

I've got a spare 10 mins, and have just spied on the Facebook photographs of the Light house Baptist Church in Carlise, ENGLAND The church Jody appears to have affiliated himself with.

The Facebook page is FULL of pics of food. They certainly get out and about. Two bar/ restaurants establishments visited.  The cafe the fathers meeting was held at and food served in the church hall at various times. No wonder Jody abandoned Scotland!

The church appears to be situated in a public building. An unused school or town hall perhaps? Guessing built in the 1960s/70s.

Just glancing through the photos made me hungry!

59 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

How come the knitting doesn't unravel? I'm feeling a bit thick now!!

If you knit with wool it has the ability to felt, and that's why it doesn't unravel. If you knit with superwash yarn, or anything that's acrylic it won't work. Wool is amazing!

I usually don't steek, but use my sewing machine instead. But I am going to try it.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

How come the knitting doesn't unravel? I'm feeling a bit thick now!!

Usually, you add a crocheted edge or you sew the edge on either size of cutting. 

Personally, I'd rather steek than seam. 

Jody really isn't very interesting to follow at all. If he is doing anything at all, he isn't posting about it.

After watching his 'Evil Scotland' deputation videos, I really did think he might be fun to follow! But apparently not sadly.

Ho Hum.

Quick up-date. I've just checked his Twitter. He seems to have 3 new churches interested in him. He doesn't say if that's 3 churches in England or Scotland, or if he means new churches to grift off back in America. 

If someone is reading here, he may clarify I suppose.

Jody is advertising a vehicle for sale. It's currently parked at his BILs house.

Does he need money? Was he going to sell it eventually?

Nosey minds want to know.

On 1/29/2017 at 0:26 PM, Gobsmacked said:

I've got a spare 10 mins, and have just spied on the Facebook photographs of the Light house Baptist Church in Carlise, ENGLAND The church Jody appears to have affiliated himself with.

The Facebook page is FULL of pics of food. They certainly get out and about. Two bar/ restaurants establishments visited.  The cafe the fathers meeting was held at and food served in the church hall at various times. No wonder Jody abandoned Scotland!

The church appears to be situated in a public building. An unused school or town hall perhaps? Guessing built in the 1960s/70s.

Just glancing through the photos made me hungry!

Ya know, Jody could be so successful with a good food and jolly fellowship ministry.  He likes eating so it's a natural fit.  Maybe Light house Baptist Church already has that ministry and he's stumbled on to it.  Bon Appétit! Jody.

Jody still hasn't enlightened us about the 3 churches. Are they in America sending him money. Are they in England? Jody is so frustrating!

Im wondering if he has a private Facebook or something that can't be found. Is that possible? I'm not techie at all.

Its odd though that he isn't tooting his trumpet more loudly after all the 'work' he did on deputation.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived