IGNORED

The Hodnett Family Converting Scotland

Palimpsest

Glasgow didn't want him because he thought it was Edinburgh!

Dundee doesn't want him/ he doesn't like the house he was allocated??

Lockerbie is closer to Carlisle.

No body really wanted him but he travelled across anyway looking for a church that would love him?

He thought he would pull a John Shrader but discovered that Scotland,like Zambia,is civillised !!!! (Just colder!!!)

We don't run around painted in woad, sporting huge lengths of plaid. 

Scotland doesn't have a set of gallows in the merket squares, witches don't pop out randomly on a dark winters night cursing folk, we don't all sit around supping Buckfast for breakfast.

Scotland even has CHURCHES!!! Now that's a suprised eh Jody?!!

Just my random thoughts on the whole sorry saga.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can completely see why they'd want to be near a church they like, because moving across the world is difficult enough for the average person, but when all their interactions are going to be around trying to convert people to their very, very specific denomination that's very culturally specific to parts of the USA, that's going to go down badly....

And then there's what happens to the kids etc.  I'd hope they enrolled their daughters into school, but it's unlikely - and homeschooling in the UK is going to be a lot more isolating than in the USA, because it's just so much rarer.   So if they can even move to where they know some kids their daughters can interact with, that's a good thing.

Lockerbie's a very small place, but they they have close connections to the USA, due to the Pan-Am flight bombing in 1983 - the link between the high school and the University of Syracuse is interesting.   But that won't necessarily help the Hodnetts, and if they try to use the disaster in their evangelism, I imagine they'll get VERY short shrift....

That said, I am laughing out loud about them moving to Lockerbie, 20 miles from England, so they can go to their Carlisle church.... that's not what they were being paid to do!  But I'm in continual amazement about how our griftionaries continue to get funded....

I was in Argyle Street Glasgow today their were a few preachers about saying things not much different Mr Hodnett and were better at it. Scotland had had their fair share of preachers and missionaries. The missionary and explorer David Livingstone was born in my hometown, I live near the David Livingstone museum. He is not going to magically convert Scotland or the north of England, he has probably realised this but isn't willing to admit he was wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

We don't run around painted in woad, sporting huge lengths of plaid. 

We don't? Foiled again...

I do wonder if his sponsoring church has given him a time limit.( For example 2 years). Surely the sheeple back home won't keep sending funds for nothing?

I haven't a clue how this works. 

John-boy Shraders situation is different as his Daddy's church are paying for his  sub-Saharan odessy.

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

He is not going to magically convert Scotland or the north of England, he has probably realised this but isn't willing to admit he was wrong. 

Nor is he going to give any money back.

Probably figures he may as well stay in the UK & live off the donations of the stupids back in the US of A. 

9 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

We don't? Foiled again...

Alas, no.

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Nor is he going to give any money back.

Probably figures he may as well stay in the UK & live off the donations of the stupids back in the US of A. 

And if that's true, doesn't that just show you exactly what he is actually like?

The Hodnetts are annoying but they don't strike me as insensitive like Shrader. Who knows it seems most missioncationaries aren't starting from a culturally sensitive viewpoint to begin with.

DH was out in the fields on his dad's farm the day of Lockerbie and heard the explosion/crash. Scared the bejesus out of them hearing the noise and not being able to pinpoint where the sound came from.

20 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jody now sits in coffee shops in Lockerbie. I can't help wonder just what else he does?

Nothing, apparently.

Jody now sits in coffee shops in Lockerbie. I can't help wonder just what else he does?

Looking for victims, aka people to preach to

I hope he puts his first newsletter up on face book. It should make for an (un)interesting read.

He could include a list of his favourite fish and chip/coffee shops with it.

I was looking for the ReachingScotland.com website to see whether he had posted a prayer letter there and it seems to have been taken down.  How odd.  Too much incriminating evidence perchance.

However, I also stumbled on this very out of date blog!  http://reachingscotland.blogspot.com/

In 2012 when they were on deputation their travel trailer was destroyed (no explanation given as to how that happened) and insurance refused the claim.  Must have been an Act of God.

The Bergeys also totaled a car, God replaced it,  and Shrader went through a couple of grifted vans to pull the pop-up trailer.  AmaZing how the mouchinaries go through vehicles.

The Hodnetts were also grifting for health insurance (no thanks ObamaCare) and a $3,000$ survey trip.  I wonder whether they ever took one.

So back in 2011 Jody fancied a trip to Livingstone. All paid for naturally.

Am I bad in thinking that he thinks/thought that David Livingstone was born there?

Im bad:whistle:

The (few) times I feel guilty for snarking on poor clueless Jody I go back and watch his presentation from 3 years ago, then I dislike him all over again and don't feel guilty.

He mentions on face book that he heard a girl sing 'sweet home Alabama' - in a 'thick British accent.' What did he expect? That she might sing it in a Martian accent?

Why did he want to go to Livingston, anyway? Does he like the designer outlet? The Le Creuset there is my favourite shop..

One of his 'friends' said "You can't control where they go when they are released from treatment..." in response to the post. Nice friends you keep, Jody.

Why remove the website? Why post so little on Facebook? He sucks at raising awareness of his mission.

17 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

He mentions on face book that he heard a girl sing 'sweet home Alabama' - in a 'thick British accent.' What did he expect? That she might sing it in a Martian accent?

I got the feeling that he was surprised that someone in the uncivilized U.K. Had heard of such a famous song. Because American cultural imperialism is totally not a thing, and our popular media is not remotely dominated by Hollywood, American music, American TV shows... 

ReachingScotland.blogspot has an annoying error in the sign off to every post: 

Hodnett's to Scotland

No comma needed there, Hodnetts!  

Hope the Hodnetts are less vexing than Tony Miano, who has been arrested for street evangelizing screaming and being annoying in various UK cities.  In this video, you can see how interested people are in listening to him. 

This may well be the reason why Jody has shifted himself ASAP to Lockerbie. The good folk of Dundee won't put up with any nonsense.

Good find Howl.

3 hours ago, kassie said:

Why did he want to go to Livingston, anyway? Does he like the designer outlet? The Le Creuset there is my favourite shop..

One of his 'friends' said "You can't control where they go when they are released from treatment..." in response to the post. Nice friends you keep, Jody.

Why remove the website? Why post so little on Facebook? He sucks at raising awareness of his mission.

His excuse will be that he hasn't ' found his feet yet.'  To much to do; Trying out local delicacies, finding a second house, making videos in the snow ( while holding up the traffic), finding a car that actually works, traipsing up and down to Carlisle.

ALSO, more importantly, finding a church/congregation who actually want/need him????

I have just watched the video. I now ( I think) understand why Jody beat a hasty retreat. 

The police have more pressing  things to do than have to start filing charges against random street preachers. He upset people.

If  a so  called Christian preacher is allowed to pontificate like that then other religions would have to be allowed the same freedoms. That causes trouble all round.  

Not trying to sound too personal here but Jody looks down and out. Not a good look if trying to be taken seriously.

( not being rude about genuine homeless folk so please don't shout at me!!)

The guy who gave a card with the gospel (or what ever) was definately with the preacher, a plant, not just a random. That's untruthful! And not Christian!

Hope this makes sense. I'm in a rush , I have a drain to unblock!

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Just to be clear, the preacher is Tony Miano and not Jody Hodnett. 

Thankyou Howl, I didn't have time to properly re- read/check before posting.

The drain is now successfully unblocked!

Tony Miano's sidekick in that video was Josh Williamson. Supposedly a Paster (or was then, not sure when the clip was filmed), from Craigie Reformed Baptist Church in Perth.

Josh Williamson is an Australian version of pp anderson. He comes across as exceedingly passive aggressive in his dealings with the Police. He revelled in being arrested. He has a wife, not sure about children. 

They are a horrible duo who wasted police time and upset folk.

Just googled, the episode in the video appears to be in 2013.  Josh Williamson doesn't appear on the church Facebook any more. Hope he was sent away in disgrace. 

Rant now over:smiley-signs131:.

Tony Miano wants to be arrested.  I thought I'd mentioned him before in this thread but I don't like giving him hits.  He has multiple youtube videos up documenting his various arrests for hate speech.  

As for Jody, I don't understand why if he is "working" so hard he doesn't give links to his radio preaching or have Ginger video him while he is street preaching.  Evidence.  We need evidence!

The various moves can all be explained by God.  So what if God originally convicted him to go to Livingston?  He then felt a burden for Glasgow, and then God told him he was needed in Dundee, Lockerbie and Carlisle.  He's just winging it.  

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Gobsmacked said:

So back in 2011 Jody fancied a trip to Livingstone. All paid for naturally.

Am I bad in thinking that he thinks/thought that David Livingstone was born there?

Im bad:whistle:

I dinna think Mr. Hodnett thinks much (aboot anything!)

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, Gobsmacked said:

The (few) times I feel guilty for snarking on poor clueless Jody I go back and watch his presentation from 3 years ago, then I dislike him all over again and don't feel guilty.

Martians "think" by mental telepathy.  Vulcans have the "mind meld." Jody, well, he sits on his brain.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived