IGNORED

The Hodnett Family Converting Scotland

Palimpsest

32 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I recommend my Scottish Granny's lemon sponge cake recipe with tea, but I just loaded a plain sponge onto a third ferret.  Seriously, you need lots of sustenance to tackle the Rodriguii. 

For example, Jill is so obnoxious that she held a "memorial service" for her still living but disabled in a car accident younger sister.

Speaking as somebody who is disabled, she can go fuck herself, thank you!

*aggressively drinks tea and scarfs down sponge*

I had been reading in shock and horror, but I think I might be done with the Rods tonight...

ETA: that sounds like a lovely sponge recipe! nom nom nom

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Food deserts, for sure there issues in the sparsely populated areas like the Highlands, but because the UK is much more densely populated than the USA, and everything's much closer to distribution points,  in the southern parts of Scotland, and in towns like Dundee, this isn't the issue here.  There are absolutely issues on eg poor housing estates where they're physically closer to supermarkets, but it's hard to get there by public transport - but it's not on the same level as the USA food deserts.

And re Plexus - I can't find the list of where it's banned, but I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed for sale in the UK?  IIRC it's not allowed for sale in Canada and Australia, and there are people who send it to their friends there (Jesus would want them to ensure EVERYONE can access the "all-natural" snake oil panacea) - sorry, I'm sick and my google-fu is completely broken tonight, which is a shame, I love the MLM-skewering sites....

Well, the Hodnett boxes have arrived. Also tons of bibles and testaments.

Has anyone ever seen/heard of/or tried charcoal cheese??????

I am finally cracking up. I keep reading the Hodnett leghumpers comments in Jody's accent!

Help.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Has anyone ever seen/heard of/or tried charcoal cheese??????

Hmm. Isn't charcoal used in making some types of "blue cheese"? Like this?

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jody has pictures up of something resembling chunks of lava. Looks disgusting.

He told a leghumper that it tastes ok.

Where is this?  Perhaps we can identify it together...

7 minutes ago, kunoichi66 said:

Where is this?  Perhaps we can identify it together...

Hudnutt is obsessed with food.  Perhaps it is this stuff? 

http://www.odditycentral.com/foods/jet-black-char-coal-cheddar-cheese-is-made-with-real-charcoal.html

Excuse me for a minute but ...

:puke-huge:

That's the one!!!!!

Looks totally yuck. He seemed to like it!!!!!

No accounting for tastes I suppose. It will he him with possible constipation caused by eating all the crap he appears to eat. Charcoal is good for tummy upsets. The vet used to give our ( sadly now deceased ) dog charcoal tablets for upset tummy.

He has pictures on his face book. I'm not technical so can't link it.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Hudnutt is obsessed with food.  Perhaps it is this stuff? 

http://www.odditycentral.com/foods/jet-black-char-coal-cheddar-cheese-is-made-with-real-charcoal.html

Excuse me for a minute but ...

:puke-huge:

Huh.

It looks a bit like black pudding, actually...

I'm not sure it'll take off, most people tend to associate black with rotten food :pb_lol: so that cheese company may not find it profitable.

39 minutes ago, kunoichi66 said:

Huh.

It looks a bit like black pudding, actually...

I'm not sure it'll take off, most people tend to associate black with rotten food :pb_lol: so that cheese company may not find it profitable.

Guilty as charged. :)

But honest to God, can you imagine that black cheese stuck on someone's teeth?

As my late (and much missed) MIL would have said, "Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the Saints!"

Just now, Palimpsest said:

Guilty as charged. :)

But honest to God, can you imagine that black cheese stuck on someone's teeth?

As my late (and much missed) MIL would have said, "Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the Saints!"

My own mother is fond of 'Mary, Joseph, and all the wee Jehoshaphats!'  :pb_lol:

I admit that, unless I know it is supposed to be black (like the aforementioned black pudding, which is actually more of a really deep red colour (which makes sense)), I won't go near it.

I tried to imagine that, and God in heaven!  It would make your teeth look like they were rotting!

Just went to the Hodnett's public FB page and saw the picture of the crates. The location says "Lockerbie". Is it possible that they've moved there? It'd definitely make the weekly drive to Carlisle shorter, if so.

7 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Is it possible that they've moved there? It'd definitely make the weekly drive to Carlisle shorter, if so.

He's also changed his FB location to "lives in Lockerbie."

Just now, Palimpsest said:

He's also changed his FB location to "lives in Lockerbie."

Ah, I didn't see that. Thanks.

I idly wonder what happened that he first abandoned Glasgow, then Dundee and is now within miles of the border to England. My best guess would be that the good people of Scotland aren't as receptive to his message as he had dreamt, the family has alienated people left, right and centre, and now they're latching on to the established church in Carlisle. Nothing that will keep me up at night, just idly speculating. :)

Many people are confused about whether Carlisle is in Scotland or not. It has changed hands between Scotland and England a few times. My mum thought it was in Scotland and she's Scottish.

One of the people who helped him move the boxes into the house claims to work for Bible Baptist Church in Dundee.  I'm assuming it is a store front church because it doesn't come up in a search.

Don't we all just love that Jody was initially going to convert Glasgow, then Dundee, and now Lockerbie and Carlisle.  No good explanations given to the leg-humpers at all for the multiple changes in plan and they aren't even asking.

I'm not going to snark (much) on Jody's craving for the tastes of home.  It is always surprising what you miss.  Grits - yes, Jody, polenta! 

But FFS, CoffeeMate - that is a weird one.  Oy.  Making it out of sweetened condensed milk rather boggles my mind.  Try liking coffee with just milk and sugar.

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

(snip)

But FFS, CoffeeMate - that is a weird one.  Oy.  Making it out of sweetened condensed milk rather boggles my mind.  Try liking coffee with just milk and sugar.

Huh? CoffeeMate? He's missing CoffeeMate?!?

That's available in any larger supermarket in Scotland that I've been to.

I only know that because I buy that rubbish for backpacking trips, when I can't get fresh milk for days. It's better than nothing, and less hassle than condensed milk. So that's a really weird thing to miss! He could just go and buy some.

Looking up Nestle UK, I bet his problem is we get flavored varieties here.  Also it comes in liquid form here with even more flavors.  It looks like the UK only  gets light and original. 

My keyboard just went totally srcewy!  Dear doG, I hope the question mark and the last letter of the alphabet fix themselves.

Jody was asking for any flavor of Coffeemate except ha(last letter of the alphabet)lenut.

I could have sworn I'd seen Coffeemate on sale in the UK so it did seem a weird request.  

Not that I touch the stuff.  I take my non-alcoholic teas and coffees seriously.  I'm something of an obnoxious snob about them.

I'm allergic to coffee so never touch coffeemate.  I'm just nosey.

Poor folk of Lockerbie if he has moved there.

I would love to know just what had happened and why the complete change of plans. 

The whole Hodnett missioncation seems to be a bit of a flop so far.

The Carlisle  church appears ( on face book ) to have a very small congregation.

As I said a few pages back, I suspect that Jody and family are being used as an enticement to get new folk through the door.

I do hope that the children have a good Christmas and hope fully a white one!

13 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Many people are confused about whether Carlisle is in Scotland or not. It has changed hands between Scotland and England a few times. My mum thought it was in Scotland and she's Scottish.

I'm only hung up about Carlisle being in England, because I used to drive to the South of England quite a bit. On the way home, seeing the exit for Carlisle was always my "thank eff, I'll be in Scotland soon" moment. Nothing at all wrong with England, only reaching the border meant that the longest part of the drive was over. :)

13 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm allergic to coffee so never touch coffeemate.  I'm just nosey.

I've definitely seen Coffeemate here before.

As to the move - maybe he just can't take the dark?  At this time of year, Lockerbie won't be that much different, but every little might help?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived