IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

@CTRLZero, might it be possible to embroider "independent historic biblical baptist missionary stationed in the sub-Saharan theatre based in Zambia (and beyond)" on a coat for Grifter John a la Ex-Gay Greg? It would make a super gift from FJ.   

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, in case you were wondering:hell.png

(I got this from the page that posted the scoldy Laverne meme that John shared. It almost seems like it would have to be some kind of parody. I mean, I know they think that, but to just post that with NO further explanation or anything...wtf? Who would want to believe this nonsense? Perfect, omnibenevolent God definitely tortures tons of good people for all of eternity. Share the good news!  Yeah....I think I'll pass.)

It's Grace Alone, NOT WORKS!!!!!!!!!1.1.!!!!!!!!11!!1. 

No matter how good and Christ-like a person you are,  you are gonna burn inna lake o' fire if  you don't believe your salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone.  

On 12/22/2016 at 2:42 PM, Coy Koi said:

work.png

Uh... I can get up in time for work because my job PAYS me for my time, thankyouverymuch, Johnny boy!  :roll:  Whereas...church gives you a spiritual boost at best, and an hour spent listening to a fundie-rific lecture, at worst (if you go to one of  THOSE churches, that is...)

If he'd ever had a real job in his life, he would understand why getting up in time for work is a lot easier than getting up in time for church.  :pb_lol:

On 12/22/2016 at 4:42 PM, Coy Koi said:

So...let me see if I have this straight. Getting up early and working hard all week means you're LESS entitled to sleep in or just rest on your day off? Great, that makes perfect sense. So glad the laziest person on the planet is here to explain that to us. Well, writing this post has really taken a toll on me so I'm going to take to the bed for the next couple days. Pray for me.

work.png

Of course John would post something like this. It makes me wonder if he helps Esther get any of their ten children ready for church. Ass clown. I'm in a shitty angry mood and this is pissing me off more. 

Ummmm my church started at 9 or 10. My workplace opens at 10:30, and I have to be there by 11. Usually I'm nice and come in an hour or two early, putting me there at 9 or 10.

So, it's actually still having to wake up at the exact same time. Waking up is very difficult for me, but I do it anyway because

1. My job pays me
2. I like my bosses and want to be there to support them.

Also, the church passes around an offering plate and, at least in Adventism, mandates that you give 10%.

Work gives money, church takes money. Doesn't take me long to decide which one is more important.

What I find funny is he has posted in the past about the great lengths people walk (over mountains!) to get to his church, and now he is whining about (probably) those same people not feeling up to getting there for every service.  An alternative (and more likely) explanation is that people have attended a few services, figured out John's church is not for them, and are using the "too early" excuse out of politeness.  If they gave the real reasons, they would get an earful of sermons, hand-wringing, prayers, Facebook scolds and fisticuffs with Satan.

So he made a live video of him preaching. I made it a few seconds in. He uses his fake accent and since John can't be bothered to learn any local language, he still has to have someone translating everything for him. My deepest hope is that the person is preaching his own sermons and not John's. 

...One thing I CAN'T STAND is missionaries that INTENTIONALLY exaggerate to bring a "wow" factor, or make their ministry sound more "exciting" than it truthfully is...

Latest Facebook post.  Bro.Jo (sigh)  its so hard when you become the thing you hate the most. 

7 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Latest Facebook post.  Bro.Jo (sigh)  its so hard when you become the thing you hate the most. 

If there's one thing I've learned about John, it's that pretty much anytime he complains about someone doing something, he means he dislikes when someone ELSE does it, because how dare they steal his shtick?

And yeah, that whole post is gross.

So the day starts semi-normal, right? (As "normal" as it gets in Africa anyway...)

Lol!!! Because we all know Africa is just such an abnormal place! Africa! Man, that's hilarious.

Laughing in Africa,

Bro. John Shrader

Oh yeah, definitely. If there's anything I enjoy laughing at even more than African people, it's African animals' accidental death. I don't know how anyone ever gets any work done there with all the things there are to laugh at. Oh yeah, that's right, they don't! They're super lazy!

John, you are such a piece of shit for more reasons than I could ever even list.

@Coy Koi ...I'm going to have nightmares about that poor sheep. Nothing deserves to die just for trying to escape from John's sermons. 

That was horrifying. :( John is truly callous towards animals. I get not feeling pity for the dangerous snakes, but he seemed to find the suffering of the sheep amusing. There is something wrong with him. 

John Shrader, the world's most inept missionary who manages to kill three living creatures during a Christmas sermon. 

@formergothardite, agree that a person enjoying the suffering of animals is the sign that something that is very, very wrong.

If there's a missionary that truly deserves to get kicked out, it's John Shrader.   Too bad he can't be banned like the PP.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:09 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

If he'd ever had a real job in his life, he would understand why getting up in time for work is a lot easier than getting up in time for church.  :pb_lol:

John Shrader get a real job that premise is hilarious in and of itself. 

Ugh.  Poor sheep...

I wonder why John is concerned enough to tag people to back up his story?  Has he had problems with "veracity and accountability" in the past?  (*cough* airplane)

Also, is it too much to ask John to name names -- who are these other missionaries that intentionally exaggerate?  Perhaps unintentional exaggeration is to be overlooked. 

He is teaching his own children ( well sons) and the local children that animal cruelty is ok. Christian missionary. Not.

On what planet is it amusing that a sheep is injured and eventually dies ( just how is very suspicious)?  John boy is one very very sick individual.

Enoch is going to make a pellet gun rack from the sheeps leg????

Just how ridiculous and totally colonial is that??????

John is a totally dispicable (sp) being. Please let 2017 be the year that his genius daddy's sheeple  wake up and rebel. NO MORE money to be sent, unless it's for one way airfare back to his parents house.

rant over.

3 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is teaching his own children ( well sons) and the local children that animal cruelty is ok. Christian missionary. Not.

On what planet is it amusing that a sheep is injured and eventually dies ( just how is very suspicious)?  John boy is one very very sick individual.

Enoch is going to make a pellet gun rack from the sheeps leg????

Just how ridiculous and totally colonial is that??????

John is a totally dispicable (sp) being. Please let 2017 be the year that his genius daddy's sheeple  wake up and rebel. NO MORE money to be sent, unless it's for one way airfare back to his parents house.

rant over.

It's almost incomprehensible that enough people could think John was anything other than what he is. He makes it so obvious! Over and over again, in a multitude of ways. Flying his narcissism flag is like the closest thing to a real job he'll ever have. I truly think he and Jill Rodrigues are the most egregiously narcissistic fundies we follow (at least of the ones I'm aware of...please tell me there aren't worse ones!). I have to admit to being curious what would have happened if they'd ended up married to each other, because I just can't even really begin to guess.

I guess I shouldn't find it surprising that people can be fooled by this type of narcissist though. My ex was like John in that he was extremely grandiose and delusional and always flittering from one grand pursuit to the next. He could never bother to do anything he considered mundane and beneath him, but could only fail at doing big things. Kinda like Kanye not bothering to VOTE, but making sure to meet with the president-elect (ugh) to discuss the future of the country. Jesus. Everyone who has been fortunate enough to not deal closely with a person like that so far, please do yourself a gigantic favor and run the fuck away as fast as you can if you encounter someone like this. It will NOT end well. I met mine almost 15 years ago and have refused to talk to that psycho for years, and what did he just do, to show me how much he had changed? Called me at 4:30am on Christmas morning from a blocked number to say Merry Christmas, then tell me what a bitch I am for not being receptive to his generous well-wishing. Sorry for getting off track, but he very often reminds me of John. He's a religious whackjob too, but it just manifests somewhat differently. When I would ask him what he thought Jesus would think of his horrendous behavior, he said Jesus would understand because XYZ. That's the consistent thing with narcissists: there's ALWAYS a justification for whatever they have already decided to do. And their standards for everyone else are always a million times higher than their standards for themselves.

Well now I feel a little bit better for getting that off my chest. :my_blush: Of course I felt the urge to cuss out my ex but I knew just hanging up on him would be a better option!

John thinks every time something goes his way it's a sign from God. Two poisonous snakes show up and a sheep bleeds to death in a freak accident and it's just an 'amusing' story. 

:hug4:. Sending you Christmas hugs  coy koi.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

John thinks every time something goes his way it's a sign from God. Two poisonous snakes show up and a sheep bleeds to death in a freak accident and it's just an 'amusing' story. 

It's a bit Monty Python - ish. Or would be if Johnboy wasn't involved.

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I get confused by this in all the moochionary threads, and I don't understand.  Anything remotely good = God's approval, but literally nothing else counts as a message from god.  It's just random, or Satan attacking them, but never ever God telling them to try something else.  How does this work?  Especiallly when it's so often coupled with the idea that God makes bad things happen to other people as punishment, etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I get confused by this in all the moochionary threads, and I don't understand.  Anything remotely good = God's approval, but literally nothing else counts as a message from god.  It's just random, or Satan attacking them, but never ever God telling them to try something else.  How does this work?  Especiallly when it's so often coupled with the idea that God makes bad things happen to other people as punishment, etc etc. 

I don't know if it's true, but I've heard of one example where a family took bad luck to be a sign from God.  There's a place that's about 20 miles from me.  I've never been there, but my ex told me about it.  Back in the 1800's a Morman family got a sizable plot of land to homestead on.  The land was hard to reach by road, but had river access.  They built a nice sized house with several bedrooms, a barn, a large root cellar, an ice house, and a few other outbuildings geared toward a farming family who intended to live on their own as much as possible.  All of the buildings were very well constructed, as they came from a long line of farmers and knew what to do.  They cut down their own trees, cut lumber and seasoned it properly.  Put the buildings together with skill.  The whole thing.

But the family couldn't make it.  They were there for a few years, and every year something went wrong.  The crops didn't grow well, the cattle and chickens were preyed upon by predators to an unheard of degree, and they kept getting sick when no one else nearby got sick.  Things shouldn't have been so hard, as they were born farmers and knew what they were about.  Finally they prayed and asked for a sign.  Do we stay or do we go?  They had a horrible winter where they seemed to get more snow than anyone else and ended up eating all their animals to survive, then as soon as spring came, they packed up and left.

The land has changed hands many times since, been portioned off, etc, but the main part of the the homestead is still lived in (with upgrades) and is considered a great example of what people used to be capable of when they had to do as much as possible for themselves.  It might even be on some heritage site somewhere.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived