IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

Being called Mrs. X, even after 34 years (in 10 days or so) makes me look around for my MIL or GIL. I'm Dani or Miss Dani unless you are my kids/grandkids teacher. If anyone uses my maiden name here, it gets mangled beyond recognition so I was glad (sort of) to change it.

Exactly!!! I have only been called "Mrs LastName" a handful of times and I never respond to it. (I couldn't be a teacher [emoji38] I am glad I go by my first name in nearly every situation!)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite one was when the minister introduced the couple as Mr and Mrs. John Doe. Not only was she not changing her name- his name was James Smith. There was about twenty seconds of utter silence where everyone just looked at each other before someone started laughing.

In our culture, the last name changes depending on the gender. A man would not get the letter A added to his surname whereas the woman would, so you can't really address the couple by one last name. 

I think assuming that a woman will change her name is wrong. Some women quite like their last names. I like mine! (Not that I am getting married anytime soon!)

GrandGirl has already said "I'm not changing my name! He can change his!" However, she is just 11 as of yesterday. She also realizes that if she changes her name, her great-grandfather's line ends. GrandBoy and KGrandboy have their father's names. Kiddo says "nope, nope, nope" to kids. 

The show is on for three hours tonight.  Three.

Thank goodness it is ok to drink during the holidays....

On 12/25/2016 at 9:40 PM, MarblesMom said:

Any bets as to what Mariah's big announcement is next week?

Maybe a serious relationship? Or a job?

On 12/25/2016 at 7:40 PM, MarblesMom said:

Any bets as to what Mariah's big announcement is next week?

I put $5 down for she is moving to Hawaii to become a hippy! :)

15 minutes ago, SHERA said:

I put $5 down for she is moving to Hawaii to become a hippy! :)

I hope she goes to a pig roast every weekend WITHOUT ASKING KODY!

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I hope she goes to a pig roast every weekend WITHOUT ASKING KODY!

Oh my god this actually made me laugh out loud. I forgot about his not-kosher-luau fit. 

I'm annoyed that they aired a THREE HOUR clip show. It would have been better to not air an episode at all. I wanted to know what Mariah's big announcement was. :pb_sad:

Oh my god this actually made me laugh out loud. I forgot about his not-kosher-luau fit. 
I'm annoyed that they aired a THREE HOUR clip show. It would have been better to not air an episode at all. I wanted to know what Mariah's big announcement was. :pb_sad:

I was so annoyed about that! I don't care about the show that much!
I want it to be something dramatic but more than likely it's going to be that she has found a way to forgive Meri or that she is no longer interested in being In a plural marriage.

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I was so annoyed about that! I don't care about the show that much!
I want it to be something dramatic but more than likely it's going to be that she has found a way to forgive Meri or that she is no longer interested in being In a plural marriage.

Didn't she already say she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it anymore? I thought I remembered her saying that some time before the whole catfish malarkey 

Didn't she already say she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it anymore? I thought I remembered her saying that some time before the whole catfish malarkey 

Yeah I think she did. I didn't watch last season but you are likely right. Maybe she has decided that she wants to be a psychiatrist [emoji12]

I was on Twitter recently, I can't believe the number of people who tweeted to Mykelti that Tony is ugly, she could do better, etc. Thinking it is one thing, so is snarking about it on a snark site, but to tell it to her directly just is cruel. What happened to good old fashioned being a bitch behind someone's back? :GPn0zNK:

I was on Twitter recently, I can't believe the number of people who tweeted to Mykelti that Tony is ugly, she could do better, etc. Thinking it is one thing, so is snarking about it on a snark site, but to tell it to her directly just is cruel. What happened to good old fashioned being a bitch behind someone's back? :GPn0zNK:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or the beer holder! [emoji12]
She married him and clearly she cares about him; why tweet hate?

Some people on the Las vegas topix board are saying Kody stole his tacky knighthood speech at Maddie's wedding from the movie Kingdom of Heaven. Has anyone seen it? 

I didn't really watch the season before because it was my senior year of college, so my suggestions could have already been talked about and I just missed it:

- She no longer is a mormon (I read she celebrated her 21st with Logan and they were drinking, which I know Logan does, so maybe that's it?)

- Possibly moving schools?

I don't think she's been Mormon for a while. She's against plural marriage now and a hardcore liberal feminist. She loved Bernie and is very politically engaged.

Is anyone watching the 3 hour extravaganza.  My hubby actually got sucked in, and is willingly foregoing a football game he could be watching in the other room, because he says he "can't look away from the skeeviness".  LOLOLOLOL.  

Some highlights: (lowlights?)

Meri meeting up and driving around AND attending a therapy session with her "cat-fish buddy" (?!?!?!?!?!?!)  Then some kind of wine-tasting even though Meri says it's "not part of what they believe, but when in Rome" (?)

The marital therapy with the Kode-meister is sooo cringe-worthy, and OMG this therapist, what in the world.   

Husband also commented "what the hell is with these long commercials"  LOLOLOL!

We're waiting for the big news, dammit!  

And now we'll see how the Brown family faith actually plays out in real life. For Mariah's sake, I pray they love & accept Mariah and any potential partner. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived