IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

5 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

Wow. I can't believe that they were praising Mykelti for being totally manipulative. Why do they feel so obligated to pay for a wedding they don't even support? Who the hell asks their parents to pay for their honeymoon?!

People on reality shows?  Isn't she over 18?  Wouldn't she get a 'cut' or be paid for it?  Maybe they are using her money to do it?  

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way I feel kind of bad for Mykelti.  She sees Maddie getting all the love and attention for her wedding, of which she gets very little.  I wonder if she's truly ready for marriage and the possibility of a family.  I recall she dropped out of school because she said it was hard and so was being an adult.  I wish Kody would drop the chaste courtship talk, prety sure Maddie and Caleb lived together before marriage and Logan and Michelle do as well-does he give them grief as well? I can't wait to see Mykelti's dress though it'll be gorgeous I'm sure.

On 12/11/2016 at 5:52 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

On Monday, I found out I must have shoulder surgery (which includes a long & difficult recovery -- dominant arm).
On Friday -- I lost my job.  Kinda devastating this time of year.
So I've been trolling FJ, begging the fundie gods that JillBilly or any other pet fundie would do something incredibly snarkworthy to distract me from my situation.  (Thankfully, finding Gabe's short-lived appearance in the Boyer Sisters thread wasted an hour or so last night and made me grin.)

But seriously -- somebody needs to do something awful so I have a distraction.  I'm looking at you, JillBilly.  This could be your time to shine!!

Don't expect much from the Brown-Clowns tonight, but I'd love to be surprised.

I'm so sorry about both the job and the surgery. I hope you find a better job quickly and your recovery is smoother than you expect.

It is quite bold to say Mariah was a brat. She's definitely not. She's a confused young adult who has no siblings from her mother's side and threfore has to rely solely on her mom for stability. She wants to get along with her mom but feels like her mom has checked out of that role long ago and now Meri's trying to weasel herself back in like nothing ever happened even though it's all over the internets and national TV. I don't know when she'd have been a brat? Mariah is supposed to become independent from her parents. Instead, her mom became independent from her, her dad and the rest of the family and now claims different. There's one hell of a freakish switched-roles thing going on and it's too much for Mariah to handle. You bet I'd be pissed at my mom, too.

There's a clip on YouTube with the parents saying that Mykelti has always been the odd one out. There's that sisterly bond Asypn, Mariah and Madison have had since childhood and somehow Mykelti just didn't fit in, neither did she fit in with her younger siblings. She's seen and learned that in this family you get extra attention and approval if you get engaged, get married, and have babies, plus being a married woman is a label that she can identify with and which provides a weird sense of belonging to something or someone. Anyone with half a brain can see that Mykelti jumped the gun with this engagement and I'm sure all her parents see it too, they just don't know how to deal with it. I have little sympathy for Kody and Christine. I can't blame Mykelti for not knowing how to become a grown-up, though. It's not like her parents have ever been great examples of sensible and mature adults. Her mom doesn't fit her bunch of sister wives, yet always tries too hard and usually ends up making a fool of herself. Mykelti is just a reflection of that but the parents are too self-absorbed to see it.

I wish Kody would drop the chaste courtship talk, prety sure Maddie and Caleb lived together before marriage and Logan and Michelle do as well-does he give them grief as well? I can't wait to see Mykelti's dress though it'll be gorgeous I'm sure.

I think the chaste courtship talk may be because Tony is LDS. So he may have wanted a chaste courtship. I don't think it's singling them out, as much as it was their choice.

Off topic, but thank God I found my way back here!!  I mistakenly joined a FB discussion group and the best criticisms the women there could come up with were "Robyn is getting fatter" and complaining about her breastfeeding.  :my_huh:

On 12/8/2016 at 8:53 PM, MarblesMom said:

It is a leggings company - yes, MLM (the bane of humanity).  What is it with the folks we follow and the damned MLM schemes?!

Cousin swears she will never wear pants again after getting these leggings.  Um, I cannot imagine NOT wearing pants ('specially in public/work/church) and living in leggings, regardless of where they came from.

Apparently, the MLM leggings only come in two sizes, which sounds punitive from the get-go.  Most of us have a hard time finding clothes that fit with general sizes ranging from 0 - 28.  

Dude, I have them and they are GLORIOUS.  Plus they make gorgeous dresses.  I were the Tall & Curvy size leggings because I'm a size 16.  They are leggings--so they are stretchy.  If you don't like the patterns get the solid colors!  I just bought the most beautiful navy quilted dress for my husband's Christmas party.  Only $65 too!  

I also fully support MLMs, just another way to build a business.  And if I can support another mom while buying things I otherwise needed to buy, then I think that's great!

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think the chaste courtship talk may be because Tony is LDS. So he may have wanted a chaste courtship. I don't think it's singling them out, as much as it was their choice.

Yeah, I don't think it's a requirement in the Brown household(s). I guess Christine is stricter than, say, Janelle, but even she must realize that she can't keep a rebellious kid from making their own choices. Since it wasn't an issue with Logan and Madison (that we know of), I guess it's a Mykelti/Tony specific thing. If I were Kody, I'd also use the chastity talk as my last resorts to keep them from jumping the gun on this marriage and play for time. Tony seems so dim, he reminds me of Bin. (I just realized that this rhymes lol).

2 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Yeah, I don't think it's a requirement in the Brown household(s). I guess Christine is stricter than, say, Janelle, but even she must realize that she can't keep a rebellious kid from making their own decisions. Since it wasn't an issue with Logan and Madison (that we know of) I guess it's a Mykelti/Tony specific thing. If I were Kody, I'd also use my last resorts to keep them from jumping the gun on this marriage. Tony seems so dim, he reminds me of Bin. 

I thought that while Logan made it clear they were going to live together before marriage, Maddie made a big deal out of how they *weren't* living together, and she was just moving north and getting her own apartment to be closer.  Or did I miss something?

If I were Kody, I'd also use my last resorts to keep them from jumping the gun on this marriage. Tony seems so dim, he reminds me of Bin. 

I don't think that either of them are prepared for what marriage is all about. They are just thinking about how good it will be. Caleb is older and seems quite stable, so though Maddie an Mykelt are the same age, it's not the same thing. I also see Maddie as being more mature, I think she has a lot of Janelle in her. Mykelti has always been dramatic and I don't see her as dealing well with all the pressures. But she could surprise me!

On 12/12/2016 at 11:38 AM, IreneIssh said:

Wow. I can't believe that they were praising Mykelti for being totally manipulative. Why do they feel so obligated to pay for a wedding they don't even support? Who the hell asks their parents to pay for their honeymoon?!

That's what negotiation is about, you get something you want, and so do I, if we agree. Go Mykelti, they want to control the date when you are an adult and can do as you damn well please, then make them pay!

Mykelti seems very much like her mother and to be a bit of a drama llama and a brat. I also think Miss Christine is bit of a brat too.

22 minutes ago, ohplease said:

I also fully support MLMs, just another way to build a business.  And if I can support another mom while buying things I otherwise needed to buy, then I think that's great!

I can't stand MLMs. They are not just another way to build a business, but are a way to concentrate wealth in the hands of the few at the top. We have had several discussions on FJ about this topic, you can search and read if you would like.

Actually, MLMs are shitty non sustainable business models. Moms or anybody else would do better to get a part time job for some income.

53 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I can't stand MLMs. They are not just another way to build a business, but are a way to concentrate wealth in the hands of the few at the top. We have had several discussions on FJ about this topic, you can search and read if you would like.

Actually, MLMs are shitty non sustainable business models. Moms or anybody else would do better to get a part time job for some income.

Eh, I'm really not concerned enough to go searching.  I have a business degree and I'm very well versed in how they work.  Say what you want, but LuLaRoe is fabulously successful using this business model.  And actually, it's not as easy as getting a part-time job when that part-time job requires childcare.  MLMs help a lot of moms stay at home while providing a small side income.  I'm a CPA and instead of killing my joy with preparing more taxes, I decided to join an MLM on the side for fun (not LuLaRoe).  I use the money for travel.  The company has been in business 30 years and is enjoying insane growth the last two years.  I don't think they are too worried about FJ users' opinions.  :my_blush:

11 minutes ago, ohplease said:

Eh, I'm really not concerned enough to go searching.  I have a business degree and I'm very well versed in how they work.  Say what you want, but LuLaRoe is fabulously successful using this business model.  And actually, it's not as easy as getting a part-time job when that part-time job requires childcare.  MLMs help a lot of moms stay at home while providing a small side income.  I'm a CPA and instead of killing my joy with preparing more taxes, I decided to join an MLM on the side for fun (not LuLaRoe).  I use the money for travel.  The company has been in business 30 years and is enjoying insane growth the last two years.  I don't think they are too worried about FJ users' opinions.  :my_blush:

Try watching this and still say that MLMs are a good business model. MLMs are a scam and should be illegal.

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Try watching this and still say that MLMs are a good business model. MLMs are a scam and should be illegal.

Sorry, I definitely don't have 30 minutes to waste on John Oliver.  I jumped in on a few places in the video and it was selective editing.  Easy example: he says as a Herbalife distributor it's not clear how or on what you make your money.  That's ridiculous.  I don't know anyone who doesn't know exactly what they make their money on and how much that percentage is.  It's a sensationalist piece with an agenda.   I'm not pretending I'm going to change your mind--if you don't like MLMs then fine.  But they aren't all bad, and I'm happy to support them.  I think it's great for Meri that she's starting a LuLaRoe business. It will keep her busy and help her meet new people.  

20 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

http://www.bottlesoup.com/2016/05/19/lularoe-lulano-will-investment-pay-off/

This is a nice breakdown on how lularoe works. 

Yes--LuLaRoe is pretty unusual in that it requires a substantial investment for inventory!  It's also a lot of work.  But if Meri has the money and she has the time--all the power to her.  She so clearly needs something in her life.

On 12/12/2016 at 0:38 PM, IreneIssh said:

I think it is rude an manipulative. She wants to get married in 2 months, with the intention on having 400 people at their "simple" wedding, but not dropping the bomb about the number of people until after she tricked the parents into paying for her honeymoon?

Sure, we only see what they show up, but I do NOT trust this Tony guy. Funny that when they asked Truely about Mykelti and Tony getting married, she said "gross", but she loves the fact that Maddie and Caleb are getting married. Out of the mouths of babes and all that, you know? Kids can sense it. I think he sees the cameras, assumes there's $$$$$ based on the homes and the life of leisure they appear to live, and is manipulating things. Mykelti is being a righteous brat.

And yes, with all those kids, they should have expected weddings piling up at some point, but Mykelti and Tony pushing for NOW NOW NOW while her sister is knee-deep in destination wedding plans is rude.

I hate their story so much. I can't handle Mykelti's sneakiness - she later admitted that she had already planned to do it in December but first had to manipulate her parents. Yeah, Tony really brings out the best in her...

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

That's what negotiation is about, you get something you want, and so do I, if we agree. Go Mykelti, they want to control the date when you are an adult and can do as you damn well please, then make them pay!

(My bolding)

If she's "such an adult" and wants things a certain way, when her parents are telling her that they cannot afford it so soon, then they should pay for it themselves. Maddie and Caleb have been together for several years and planning the wedding for quite a while - let her have her time and let your parents recover emotionally and financially. Then you can have your time. Planning a wedding can be take a toll on the family - clearly here, it has (not a negative thing, it's trendy these days to have a lot of moving parts for weddings) - so let your family recover.

I'm honestly trying to give Tony a shot as I know nothing of him.  He interacted well with Caleb and he has his moments where he's not that bad.  What really made Me scratch my head was the comment on taking out a second mortgage to pay for a wedding.  He called himself "The Mykelti Whisperer".  I agree with @snarkykitty if you watched the show she stated along the lines of she knew UNLV and St. George would be out of school and Janelle's boys would be back.  I think she also said she knew it would have to be later anyways.  Gotta give her credit for trying though 

6 hours ago, snarkykitty said:

And yes, with all those kids, they should have expected weddings piling up at some point, but Mykelti and Tony pushing for NOW NOW NOW while her sister is knee-deep in destination wedding plans is rude.

If she's "such an adult" and wants things a certain way, when her parents are telling her that they cannot afford it so soon, then they should pay for it themselves. Maddie and Caleb have been together for several years and planning the wedding for quite a while - let her have her time and let your parents recover emotionally and financially. Then you can have your time. Planning a wedding can be take a toll on the family - clearly here, it has (not a negative thing, it's trendy these days to have a lot of moving parts for weddings) - so let your family recover.

The parents made their bed, now they are lying in it. You can't make the decision to have many children close together, and then expect them to take your feelings into consideration, and put their lives on hold for their parents' convenience. Yes, Mykelti is being selfish, but that is the way that she has been taught to survive and get attention. All of the parents (except for maybe Janelle) are selfish and manipulative in their own right. I hope that Mykelti is able to grow up, but right now I don't feel sorry for the "adults" in this situation. They are getting a dose of their own medicine!

7 hours ago, ohplease said:

Actually, MLMs are not studied in business school. Steadily cannibalizing your market as you recruit them all is not sustainable. And there is a limited market for everything, which you should know if you went to business school. Maybe you should read up before you keep cheerleading, as its net income after expenses that count and there is generally none in MLMs.

Figures that you are shilling for an MLM, thus your unbridled positivity. Come back in a year. I know so many who were suckered, just like you, who are broker than ever.

I don't give a damn about lularoe or any of the rest of these scams. I do give a damn about people who lose their financial stability buying into this shit. See pinktruth.org for one example of the harm done, largely to women.

Do you have a balance sheet or any financial statements for lularoe to show how successful it is? How many 'independent consultants' make a profit and how much? 99% do not.

Not personal against you, but the facts tell an entirely different story than you are presenting.

6 hours ago, snarkykitty said:

I think it is rude an manipulative. She wants to get married in 2 months, with the intention on having 400 people at their "simple" wedding, but not dropping the bomb about the number of people until after she tricked the parents into paying for her honeymoon?

Sure, we only see what they show up, but I do NOT trust this Tony guy. Funny that when they asked Truely about Mykelti and Tony getting married, she said "gross", but she loves the fact that Maddie and Caleb are getting married. Out of the mouths of babes and all that, you know? Kids can sense it. I think he sees the cameras, assumes there's $$$$$ based on the homes and the life of leisure they appear to live, and is manipulating things. Mykelti is being a righteous brat.

I hate their story so much. I can't handle Mykelti's sneakiness - she later admitted that she had already planned to do it in December but first had to manipulate her parents. Yeah, Tony really brings out the best in her...

(My bolding)

Kody started this shit by demanding she not get married in August. Fuck the family recovering, they could elope or have something small and simple. BTW Maddie and Caleb have known each other several years because Caleb's sister was married to Kody's brother. They were not involved romantically that long before getting engaged and married.

I bought skincare products from my SIL during her brief stint as a "consultant". She tried to entice me to sign on to selling because it is something, unlike Pampered Chef, that women wash down the drain every day, requiring more product, purchases, and, therefore, earnings. Not my deal. These companies should be ashamed of themselves for targeting the SAHM who don't have means to squander.  It is predatory.  

11 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

I bought skincare products from my SIL during her brief stint as a "consultant". She tried to entice me to sign on to selling because it is something, unlike Pampered Chef, that women wash down the drain every day, requiring more product, purchases, and, therefore, earnings. Not my deal. These companies should be ashamed of themselves for targeting the SAHM who don't have means to squander.  It is predatory.  

The worst one is HerbalLife. My best friend was on it. She kept praising it because her friend got her on it. It's so bad for your health. Plus my friend isn't a body builder and doesn't work out a lot so it just stayed in her system. I told her to go to a doctor to check out her levels because that stuff does real harm. I know so many people that are selling that crap. Taking advantage of people who want to lose a few pounds. I feel like all these companies take advantage of SAHMs. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived