IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

If I had to guess, based on what they've shown on the show, I'd say that Christine and Janelle had stronger relationships with Kody than Meri (prior to Robyn) because they were busy with a lot of children and Janelle also worked a full time job. Meri had the one daughter, and while she did work, she probably had more time to stew on the fact that she was sharing her husband. Meri strikes me as the type that practiced polygamy because it was what you did in her church and culture, rather than practicing because she really wanted to (like Christine who not only sees it as a religious calling, but genuinely seems enthused about the lifestyle). I can see being more accepting of only seeing your husband once every 3rd night if you have 6 kids demanding your time and attention. 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the end of last week's episode.  They're sitting in Nancy's office, and she's asking Meri & Kody to commit to working on their relationship.  Meri says she's willing to commit.  Kodouche could not be any more aloof, disinterested, or completely checked out.  

Certainly doesn't speak well of him and his wedding-scenario Rosey-Glasses-Love-Is-Everything speech, does it?

And in less than 3, 2, 1 ..... there it is:

Sobbyn already "connected" it to herself and she's bawling.  Gah.

Just a few minutes in and Janelle and Christine's Mom have made me fall in love with them all over again. So proud of Mariah, and happy for her for loving herself enough to be herself. 

Can't believe I'm saying this out loud ....

But Robyn just scored 50 points in my book, in talking to Meri about expectations, etc.  (*ducks for cover*)

4 minutes ago, Pukingpearl said:

I never liked Robyn, but she is being totally amazing right now and I respect her a lot. 

Soooo conflicted.  I don't like Robyn, but she's making me like her. I think her time living outside of a Plyg bubble gives her perspective. 

This was amazing and when Kody was talking I almost cried. Safe. Robyn is really trying to help Meri through this.

Altogether, amazing. Changes my opinion of all of them, right now mostly Kody and Robyn. 

Kody wants her to feel safe. Amazing.

Meri is blowing this. I can see where she's coming from, since my kids are in the same age group. Everything she's imagined since Mariah was a little girl has now changed. Especially hard for a Mom like Meri, who only has one child, and has lived vicariously through her daughter.  I don't think she's trying to be offensive, she's just still processing. 

11 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Meri really needs to get a grip.

I'm no Meri fan, but I actually don't think her reaction is that bad. She seems more guilty that she didn't see it than anything and is just wrapping her head around it versus shunning or shaming. For people in a fundamentalist cult who still practice it to a degree, they're all being really open-minded and open-hearted about this. 

Good gawd.

Tony almost blew up the entire kitchen!  Holy cow.  Can't believe the whole stove didn't go.  He had all four burners going on Rocket Fuel to the Max.  I'm horrified by the thought of what "could" have happened in that moment.  Egads.

Hoping that fire extinguishers made it onto the wedding registry ...

Holy hell.  Another 50 points for Robyn for being the logical, sensible, mature adult in the Mariah-Meri situation.

What is this alternate universe in which I'm living tonight???

Just before the commercial break:

Christine:  ..... " makes you wonder about Brian and Aurora, doesn't it?"

WHA??????

I'm falling in love with Caleb more every time he opens his mouth to talk about Maddie. He's such a wonderful guy. Maddie is such a lucky gal.  

Poor Mykelti. We have seasonal window clings we put at eye level for just this reason when we spend time at my MIL's beach condo. 

Edit- removed redundant sentence. 

This isn't a direct quote but Kody said something to the effect of "it's God's job to judge, it's my job to love"

For a religious person who's faith says that being gay is a sin, I'm impressed with his opinion. Obviously I feel that being gay isn't something that needs judgement but this improved my opinion of Kody. I can't imagine JimBob, Steve Maxwell, Gil Bates or any other fundie dad being so accepting.

3 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

Hickey or curling iron burn? IMG_0793.PNG

IMG_0793.PNG

Doesn't Meri sometimes blotch out with nerves?  If not, I vote burn. 

I take my words back, the reaction to Mariah s coming out was wonderful! Christines mom, Robyn, Janelle and Kody were just lovely. 

Meri is never going to change. I can imagine it is hard being a (bio) child of someone like that. Her attitude, her words, her mannerism, ... there is not much to like from what we currently see on tv. No one in the family seems to want to talk to Meri. Robyn seems to really try, even says Kody vents about Meri to her and Meri vents about Kody, gah that must be hard! 

So the whole family just needs to accept Meri was a "victim" of catfish and not judge Meri for her actions, but Mariah can't get the same acceptance and faces to a certain degree judgement from her mom?! Not cool Meri, not cool! 

I'm now watching the travel special.  At a rest stop, Meri demanded that the order of cars driving be switched, so the cars would ordered, red, white, grey, white and red. Everyone basically was like okay.  Christine teased a little that she wasn't going to do it, but it was clear it was happening. W. T. F! 

Imagine growing up with that. Especially, if you are figuring out that you are different and not "perfect."  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived