IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

6 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

@ViolaSebastian pretty sure this wedding was in June.  People were fanning themselves at the ceremony.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sister-wives-star-maddie-brown-marries-caleb-brush-w208801

Whoops, I apologize, I wasn't specific enough. I meant Mykelti's wedding. 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mykelti was married just a few days ago in Utah in December in a strapless gown.

I cannot lie, I loved that grooms cake it looked prety neat.  Meri deserves some major props, she did a good job organizing.  If I never see Kody do his dance again it'll be a good day.  Mykelti looked gorgeous but didn't she say on the show she wanted a small wedding? 400 seems large and doesn't seem cheap

Not a fan of Mykelti's dress. I don't like strapless in general but don't like it on Mykelti either. Not a fan of Tony's hair, but who is, right?

Just finished the wedding.   Man, I really hate the Mr and Mrs man's name only last name.  Wtf.  Is it 1902?  You can't say her name too?  I didn't allow that bs 20 years ago on my wedding invites or in my ceremony.  :my_angry:

23 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Not a fan of Mykelti's dress. I don't like strapless in general but don't like it on Mykelti either. Not a fan of Tony's hair, but who is, right?

I can't believe he didn't get some sort of haircut or did something with it. He looks so disheveled in that video.

28 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

I can't believe he didn't get some sort of haircut or did something with it. He looks so disheveled in that video.

I don't think it's the best look for him. At all. 

Maddie's wedding was interesting. I think that she looked beautiful and that they seem to be very in love. Kody made it all about him, what a shocker! 

Now what is Mariah's secret? 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think it's the best look for him. At all. 

Maddie's wedding was interesting. I think that she looked beautiful and that they seem to be very in love. Kody made it all about him, what a shocker! 

Now what is Mariah's secret? 

I agree! Kody felt very overpowering in the ceremony, and then he forgot the rings.

I'm pretty sure Mariah is still single, so could it be something regarding school ? I know she wanted to be a doctor when she began college but I'm not sure if that is still her ultimate goal or if she changed to something else. The previews always amp up the anticipation. (the commercial is on as a I type, LOL!)

I don't get the obsession with introducing the couple as Mr. and Mrs. John Doe either. It's their choice, but why not Mr. and Mrs. Doe or Jane and John Doe? You know some people would be upset at Mr. and Mrs. Jane Brown.

I liked Maddie's dress better, but to each his own. I wish them well in their marriage.

17 minutes ago, DugFan said:

Has anyone seen this little tidbit?  Not sure I believe it, but on the other hand, it was definitely pretty that was Robin was either unhappy or missing most of the season.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/robyn-brown-leaves-kody-marital-issues-sister-wives/amp/

Well, wow. I guess this is a fairly reputable source, maybe. I wish it were TMZ or People, but maybe that is to come. And after the divorce, legal marriage, adoption and blah blah. She married a man with three other "wives". What a trainwreck. The kids seemed really excited to be adopted by Kody.

Maybe it isn't true. Maybe I have no idea. 

10 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, wow. I guess this is a fairly reputable source, maybe. I wish it were TMZ or People, but maybe that is to come. And after the divorce, legal marriage, adoption and blah blah. She married a man with three other "wives". What a trainwreck. The kids seemed really excited to be adopted by Kody.

Maybe it isn't true. Maybe I have no idea. 

Radar is iffy. Sometimes they're right, and sometimes they're wrong. I read Oh No They Didn't and a few years ago, they posted a story about how someone sent Radar a fake story and they published it without fact-checking or questioning it. So maybe they take a story from any source and run with it. That being said, I could see Robin moving back to Utah to be closer to family and to get some help raising her children. I don't think they would initially frame it as a separation; it'd be more like a "temporary move."

I was struck by the assertion that Robyn's kids aren't being treated very well.  Seems to me that her bunch is doing quite well and have a lot of Kody's attention.  Even the other children in the family seemed to have accepted Robyn's kids.  It's mostly Christine's kids that get short shrift around the cul de sac.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:57 PM, JoyfulSel said:

I agree! Kody felt very overpowering in the ceremony, and then he forgot the rings.

I'm pretty sure Mariah is still single, so could it be something regarding school ? I know she wanted to be a doctor when she began college but I'm not sure if that is still her ultimate goal or if she changed to something else. The previews always amp up the anticipation. (the commercial is on as a I type, LOL!)

As for Mariah ~ based on her tumblr, she isn't becoming a sister wife anytime soon . . . her tumblr handle is "mariahlian" (dot)tumblr(dot)com.  Disclaimer: I know without an official "This is me" badge plastered on there, there's no way to be 100% about the legitimacy of this tumblr.  The name seems legit, the photos of clothes match with how she's styling herself lately, and the user icon photo does look like her.

TLC is notorious for editing things in a way that equal internet garbage trash (i.e. "clickbait"), so I have a feeling that it's not nearly as exciting as they're trying to make it out to be.  But if she's pursuing even higher education, then good for her :)

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

As for Mariah ~ based on her tumblr, she isn't becoming a sister wife anytime soon . . . her tumblr handle is "mariahlian" (dot)tumblr(dot)com.  Disclaimer: I know without an official "This is me" badge plastered on there, there's no way to be 100% about the legitimacy of this tumblr.  The name seems legit, the photos of clothes match with how she's styling herself lately, and the user icon photo does look like her.

TLC is notorious for editing things in a way that equal internet garbage trash (i.e. "clickbait"), so I have a feeling that it's not nearly as exciting as they're trying to make it out to be.  But if she's pursuing even higher education, then good for her :)

Yeah, they've been talking about her Tumblr a lot over on previously TV. It will be interesting to see what her big reveal to the family is on the next show. More than likely it's just TLC drumming up drama for no good reason. 

Also, I was watching old episodes on TLCgo this week and I was wondering whatever happened to Christine's mom living with them? Or Ysabel moving in with Meri? 

Cody's is so full of himself...uugghh

Caleb seems like a nice guy, and he seems to really love Maddie. I am not one for people getting married that young (I know he is older, but to me is sooo young)  but I have hope for them

Tony on the other hand...my douche radar is going crazy. I don't like him at all. You go into debt to pay for your stupid wedding. I never understood this idea that parents have the obligation of paying for their kids' wedding celebrations. I mean, if they can and want to, that is great, but you shouldn't expect them to do it like it is a given. If you are an adult that is ready for marriage then take what you can get get, appreciate it, and take care of the difference. And if you can't maybe you should have a smaller wedding or get married when you are older and have more means to have 400 people eat 20 different cakes. These two are soooo immature to be jumping into marriage. 

Well, at least they are encouraging their kids to pursue higher education and accept them not wanting to be polygamists. I like Janelle a lot, if I had to grow up in that crazy household(s) I would pick her as my main mom.

Someone mentioned a video, is there a clip for Mykelti's wedding?

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

I was struck by the assertion that Robyn's kids aren't being treated very well.  Seems to me that her bunch is doing quite well and have a lot of Kody's attention.  Even the other children in the family seemed to have accepted Robyn's kids.  It's mostly Christine's kids that get short shrift around the cul de sac.

I honestly think that's a load of crap. Robyn and her kids are probably the best treated of the bunch. I have no real love for Sobyn. I may feel bad for the other three but never for Sobyn. 

1 hour ago, IreneIssh said:

Yeah, they've been talking about her Tumblr a lot over on previously TV. It will be interesting to see what her big reveal to the family is on the next show. More than likely it's just TLC drumming up drama for no good reason. 

Also, I was watching old episodes on TLCgo this week and I was wondering whatever happened to Christine's mom living with them? Or Ysabel moving in with Meri? 

I've seen Christine's mom in the background here and there, so I'm assuming she still lives with them.  She's for sure in the promo with Mariah's announcement, sitting next to Meri.

I think Ysabel living with Meri was probably an elaboration TLC'S part about how the lost girls spent sleepovers at Meri's.  Then again Aspen moved in with Robyn, so maybe the kids do enjoy rotations as much as Kody (though obviously for 100% different reasons!)

2 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I've seen Christine's mom in the background here and there, so I'm assuming she still lives with them.  She's for sure in the promo with Mariah's announcement, sitting next to Meri.

I think Ysabel living with Meri was probably an elaboration TLC'S part about how the lost girls spent sleepovers at Meri's.  Then again Aspen moved in with Robyn, so maybe the kids do enjoy rotations as much as Kody (though obviously for 100% different reasons!)

For teens, like Aspyn, it might just be that she wanted to get away from Christine for a bit. Perhaps that's the reason for the younger kids as well, they just want a change of scenery.

3 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Here's a link for the videos. The one of Mykelti and Tony is at the top of the page and the one with Kody and Christine is at the bottom. 

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/sister-wives-daughter-mykelti-brown-married-tony-padron/

Thanks!!!

Oh my godddd his hair. I said it once, I'll say it again, I don't like this guy one bit. 

Christine looks nice.

My friend was announced as "Mrs. John Doe" at her wedding.  I asked her about it.  Her response was, "Because I am NOT nor have I ever been 'Mrs. <Hername> <Husband's Surname>'.  I did not change my name upon my marriage.  So to call me 'Mrs. <Hername> <Husband's Surname>' is just making up a name that I have no intention of ever taking.  It would have to have been 'Mr. John Doe and Mrs. Jane Deer' which is a confusing mouthful, OR 'Mr. and Mrs. John Doe'.  We went with the latter because it was easier and JUST a wedding."

Also, in my experience, many married women who do NOT take a married name do not like to be addressed using Mrs. because it implies that the name is a married name.  Many prefer to only go by Ms., which makes the wedding address even weirder.  Since I have no intention of changing my name upon marriage or using the prefix of Mrs. either, I lean towards being introduced as "Mrs. John Doe" at my reception.  The longer I can go without having someone assume that I intend to go by 'Mrs. Georgiana Husbandname' after marriage, the happier I will be.  

Being called Mrs. X, even after 34 years (in 10 days or so) makes me look around for my MIL or GIL. I'm Dani or Miss Dani unless you are my kids/grandkids teacher. If anyone uses my maiden name here, it gets mangled beyond recognition so I was glad (sort of) to change it.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived