IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel like TLC will push the "pro soccer" thing hard, along with the tabloids. I hope they at least print that he isn't one anymore and is just a pastor. 

For viewership, I bet. I wonder if he had to submit to a STD test or................................even Josh.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll definitely make a big deal over the soccer thing. I can see them doing a segment of him playing with her brothers (like they did with Bin), and maybe even a date at a professional soccer match.

Seriously?  I haven't quite finished Part One!  I'm wondering if the speed of this topic means we are all  extremely pathetic or whether we are just looking out for our namesake fundie. Let's go with the latter shall we?  

Are the Duggar girls allowed to play sports? I can see TLC setting up a scene where Jeremy teaches Jinger some of his soccer skills *with a  chaperone of course*

My friend knows Jeremy's brother and we've met over happy hour drinks before.  He works at Harvard in video production, is kind of a hipster, and seems pretty liberal.  I don't think he knows what to think about all of this.  He's a behind the camera kind of dude and his brother is kind of the opposite.  They seem close though. 

24 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Are the Duggar girls allowed to play sports? I can see TLC setting up a scene where Jeremy teaches Jinger some of his soccer skills *with a  chaperone of course*

As long as they wear skirts. Or, if it's something like broom ball like they've done on one episode, or the infamous miniature golf scene :output_eeMbjt:.

38 minutes ago, sunshine said:

For viewership, I bet. I wonder if he had to submit to a STD test or................................even Josh.

What do you mean? I am reading that as "I wonder if he had to submit to (...) Josh" but I think you might be asking if Josh had to take an STD test? Could you clarify?

I agree on an episode of Jeremy teaching soccer,  probably to Derrick and Ben.  If JimBob were on the show, we'd have to put up with him learning soccer and in exchange teaching Jeremy how to dry hump on the field.  

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Someone was commenting in the 2.0 thread about these folks having to spend the rest of their lives with the 1st person they date basically.  I know a lot of people who have done just that.  I have 2 good friends who married high school sweet hearts and are still married almost 30 years later and pretty darn happy.

Yes, but these friends of yours spent time alone with the first person they dated before they were married, correct? Were their conversations monitored by mom, dad, brothers and sisters at all times?

There is a huge difference between marrying your first sweetheart and marrying some dude your dad picked out for you and that you aren't allowed to even get to know in a meaningful way before tie you tie your life to his forever.

27 minutes ago, srosieb827 said:

My friend knows Jeremy's brother and we've met over happy hour drinks before.  He works at Harvard in video production, is kind of a hipster, and seems pretty liberal.  I don't think he knows what to think about all of this.  He's a behind the camera kind of dude and his brother is kind of the opposite.  They seem close though. 

He might get forced in front of the camera soon, as I'm sure TLC is going to want to film family stuff with Jeremy's side. Likely to be lots of bemusement, it sounds like.

Just now, metheglyn said:

He might get forced in front of the camera soon, as I'm sure TLC is going to want to film family stuff with Jeremy's side. Likely to be lots of bemusement, it sounds like.

Ya - I don't think he's too thrilled about that part of this whole thing. 

Just now, srosieb827 said:

Ya - I don't think he's too thrilled about that part of this whole thing. 

I can totally see that. It's one thing to join the Duggar dog and pony show as the voluntary prospective suitor. It's quite a different thing to be an unwilling in-law, both regarding filming/media coverage and the scandals.

36 minutes ago, srosieb827 said:

Tell him to send a message to RUN!

25 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

What do you mean? I am reading that as "I wonder if he had to submit to (...) Josh" but I think you might be asking if Josh had to take an STD test? Could you clarify?

I was referring to both Jeremy and Josh. I add Josh after the dots to separate it a bit.I wonder is he got tested too. Jinger is pure and Jeremy is probably experience. So, would JB want to get him tested.

I wonder if Jeremy was on the trip to CA when they played soccer with the locals? He should have been. :)

That's when Jinger was all blushy and big-eyed in the the TH saying she didn't need to go to a foreign country to find a guy.

3 hours ago, sockinshoe said:

So I just saw the blessed (?) news. At least he plays for a New York team? And she looks fairly happy? 

The fact that he exposes his knees professionally (and probably hangs out with some fairly jocular people) might indicate an onset of fundie liteness, which would be nice. Although, after years of saying "Oh, he's got *enter some characteristics here*. They're going fundie lite, at a minimum, for sure" without ever being correct, I won't hold my breath.

I wonder how his religiosity goes over with his team

His church seems pretty not fundie lite to me. Looks like they're "Bapitstic Calvinists", and apparently love Spurgeon, like Ben. https://psalm115three.com/faq/

5 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

His church seems pretty not fundie lite to me. Looks like they're "Bapitstic Calvinists", and apparently love Spurgeon, like Ben. https://psalm115three.com/faq/

What the hell did I just read?  Its a long list of blathering about whether random people are calvinists... who the fuck cares?  Are these followers not going to listen to Amy Grant because she is/isnt?  

11 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I was referring to both Jeremy and Josh. I add Josh after the dots to separate it a bit.I wonder is he got tested too. Jinger is pure and Jeremy is probably experience. So, would JB want to get him tested.

Well, considering ATI teaches that ovarian cancer is caused by premarital sex, I honestly doubt they understand the reality of STDs. I mean they may have gotten that education in high school but they may also have suppressed it in favor of their later religious education. I just can't see that factoring in to them, it's too common sense and too sort of secular. I feel like they hear his conversion story and can't think of it's implications for now, because it was in the past and he was forgiven.

If anyone is making Jeremy get tested I would bet it is TLC, but I kind of doubt that too. JB seems like the type to believe the lord will place a hedge of protection around Jinger's reproductive region because she/they are so godly.

16 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Well, considering ATI teaches that ovarian cancer is caused by premarital sex, I honestly doubt they understand the reality of STDs. 

I am not so shocked to read this is what they believe, however, I am disgusted by the fact they spread this bullsh*t.

Cancer is a serious disease that does NOT discriminate in any way possible (unlike the Duggars, who discriminate a LOT) and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Pre-marital sex.

Also, on the Jeremy note and people saying "oh why did they choose him"? If anything, they're desperate, they need to keep their gravy train and if this is all they can get, they'll take it. Leghumpers love weddings and all the babies... 

Pity they don't understand there is a population / resources problem...

Within the first year of their marriage, I bet Ben and Jessa will move to Texas because Jeremy will hire Ben as an assistant pastor or a youth pastor at his church. Jessa will be happy because she will be reunited with Jinger since they are really close. I mean really, imagine Jinger going to Texas with her husband, essentially alone? Who will babysit all her children when Jing and Jer need a date night? She can't exactly call Jana to come over and watch her kids or help her cook dinner. I bet that was Jessa's plan along along. She could get away from the rest of the Duggars but at the same time, both girls could support each other and home school each other's kids. They could shop together, cook together and just support each other. Plus it would make filming easier for TLC.

I guess since Jill was able to handle moving to Central America without any of her sisters, then so I guess Jinger will be ok alone. But Jill had a short transitioning period before leaving the country; she got married and moved into a temporary home down the street from the Duggars for a year, so she could adjust to being away from home. Then as she became more comfortable as a wife and mother, they left the country together. I hope Jinger will be able to adjust to moving away from home immediately following their wedding. To be fair, Anna was able to move from Florida to Arkansas so she should be fine.

I'm impressed with Ben's ability to "network" with different people all over the USA. I mean, he's reached out to rappers from another state (Chicago?? I forget which state) and he's befriended a Jeremy from Texas. I wonder who else he is meeting? By now, he should have secured a job with all of the "networking" that he has been doing. I forgot who called and offered a job to Josh in DC.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Someone was commenting in the 2.0 thread about these folks having to spend the rest of their lives with the 1st person they date basically.  I know a lot of people who have done just that.  I have 2 good friends who married high school sweet hearts and are still married almost 30 years later and pretty darn happy.  I married my first love, not the 1st guy I dated, but the 1st one I fell in love with and we are still going strong at 20 years.  Though it isn't easy and you have to make it work. I will give these Fundies 1 thing they take marriage seriously. I also know a lot of people who say "well I can always get divorced if it doesn't work" Who thinks that on their wedding day? People who end up divorced. I have a friend who said that as we were zipping her into her gown, and she started cheating on her dh about 5 years in and dumped him about 15 years in when someone "better" came along. 

But they don't even get to know their future spouses before they get married. And then divorce is really not an option - even if he beats her. Or molests their kids (or someone else's kids), or commits infidelity, etc..

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

He should run now.

He seems like a raging fanatic from the little I have seen (although I don't get a sinister, dangerous vibe from him like others have, other than the sinister dangerous vibe I get from all religious fanatics).

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

What the hell did I just read?  Its a long list of blathering about whether random people are calvinists... who the fuck cares?  Are these followers not going to listen to Amy Grant because she is/isnt?  

It's crazy. They're Calvinists but don't believe in Calvinism. And this person is a Calvinist, and this person isn't and we're not sure about this one...ugh. Insanity.

It's pretty funny how it's been decided that he's controlling, abusive, and just a horrible person and Poor Jinger. And then when she starts posting, she'll turn into BEC right quick.

3 minutes ago, Evilbad said:

It's pretty funny how it's been decided that he's controlling, abusive, and just a horrible person and Poor Jinger. And then when she starts posting, she'll turn into BEC right quick.

I don't think anyone has decided that. I think some of us (myself included) got a strange vibe from his videos and expressed concern, given a lot of factors (like the simple fact that they are fundie, but also other factors)

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived