IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

4 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Michael K. has posted about Jinger courting over on dlisted:

http://dlisted.com/2016/06/21/jinger-duggar-has-officially-began-her-transformation-into-her-familys-new-baby-popping-machine/#comments

My favorite quote about courting:    Courting” is at the top of the list of words that make me heave along with “CROCS,” “Uggs,” “moist,” “shingles,” “taxes” and “Kardashian.”

" I have a question after watching that video. If Jinger’s face accidentally brushes up against Jeremy’s juicy tit when they side hug, does that count as half-motorboating, and if so, does half-motorboating go against the laws of courting? "

I believe that's cover in Section 2, subsection C-IV of the standard courting agreement.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Cake topper?

3000154.jpg

For the grooms cake, certainly!

I am really sorry, I'm at work and don't have time to go through two threads worth of posts, but why do I keep seeing comments speculating that Jeremy is gay? Is it because he's single and pushing 30?

I live in a suburb of London and getting into central London doesn't take long (if you go on the Underground.) My friend is from another country and seemed genuinely surprised that I don't go into London on a daily basis in the holidays. I tried to explain that if you live there you don't really go there on a daily basis- hardly ever, really- but she was still a bit surprised.

People often knock London, you often see stories about some young family upping sticks and moving to the countryside- places like Devon, Cornwall, Yorkshire, whatever- saying it'll be better for their kids etc and that they'd never go back. Housing prices are insane right now, but if I could I would stay in London/in a town like where I live now. I love living somewhere where there is a lot to do. I went on holiday to Somerset once and the highlight of the trip was going to the giant Tesco 20 minutes drive away. Granted, the weather was utterly shit, but I doubt sun would have made things better. I just cannot imagine living in the arse end of nowhere. My dad's friend lives in the middle of nowhere, and has a son about two-ish years younger than me. Said son was so bored living at home that he went to boarding school for the last two years of high school, which luckily his family could afford. Teenagers will typically want to go to places when not in school, meet up with their friends etc, and when you live in Bumfuck Nowhere it can be hard. 

I understand different strokes for different folks, but ideally I'd stay in/near London. Also for ease of seeing family- members of my family all live pretty close by (well, about an hour or so by car) and it's nice to be able to see them frequently and easily. 

Just now, barbecutie said:

I am really sorry, I'm at work and don't have time to go through two threads worth of posts, but why do I keep seeing comments speculating that Jeremy is gay? Is it because he's single and pushing 30?

There was a comment on the original People article that said he was removed from Hartwick College to go to Syracuse by his father because he was "too close" to a male friend.

I'm still catching up, but after looking at the photos, I feel certain that they're engaged. 

We all know how absolutely trustworthy comments from People are when it comes to truth and accuracy, don't we?

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It is snark. And it is unnecessary. The notion that smaller cities aren't really cities and have no culture or opportunity is elitist and insulting. As a Midwesterner, I've heard it my entire life. I once sat next to a woman from LA on a plane who wanted to know if we could buy clothes in my state or if we had to shop entirely by mail order (this was early in the internet era--but I'm guessing she thinks we don 't have that either). She couldn't imagine that we had actual stores. She, in fact, assumed that we would be driving from the plane's destination (2 states away) rather than getting a connecting flight as she thought we did not have airports. 

I pointed out that it has four WalMarts because someone (I think you, actually, but I'm not going to scroll back to check) said it was a small town and she might get lucky and it might have a WalMart. So Walmart is funny to you...fine. One of their malls has Macy's and Armani. Is that good enough? 

People outside of NYC actually have lives, culture, even retail stores of all kinds. 

Shhh.....don't tell people that! I like being a "fly-over" state. Let them keep thinking there's nothing but cornfields as long as it keeps people out. Ha!

My sister was on a flight into Omaha (probably not even a "city" according to people here) once and the guy next to her asked if the runway would be paved or if it would be dirt. He also asked if there would be cows walking across it. 

Well, I hope this make Jinger happy in the long term.

11 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

I had a friend who grew up in Paris and it bothered her so much when she came to California because she was used to driving a few hours and going through a couple of countries. 8 hours of driving (for us north or south!) and you were still in California! She couldn't take it!

I grew up in northern california and had close family in southern california. it usually took around 6-7 hours to get to their house for visits. But my parents drive like speed crazed maniacs, so it would take someone doing the speed limit longer.

I don't think Jinger is unprepared for marriage; that's what she has been training for her whole life. She has been taking care of tons of children, preparing food, cleaning the house and entertaining a lot of visitors. She has travelled a lot more than many 22 year olds, campaigned for Rick Santorum (sp?), handed out biblical tracts and been featured in some nerdy bible thumping videos for her brother in law. She is an ideal wife for Pastor Jer.

Many of her friends are marrying and it really is seen as a natural progression. I doubt she wants to leave her family or her religious upbringing. Will she and Jeremy change? Will they watch tv, go to concerts or main stream movies, will she wear pants or a normal bathing suit? Who knows? 

Jeremy comes from a Baptistic family, is religious and has renounced his previous sins. He lives in an urban area, is well spoken, likes her family and is handsome. From Jinger's perspective, Jeremy is an ideal husband for her. 

1 minute ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I grew up in northern california and had close family in southern california. it usually took around 6-7 hours to get to their house for visits. But my parents drive like speed crazed maniacs, so it would take someone doing the speed limit longer.

Been there. Should have taken like 8-9 hours to get to Disneyland and my mom could make it in 6... :my_confused:

10 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I live in a suburb of London and getting into central London doesn't take long (if you go on the Underground.) My friend is from another country and seemed genuinely surprised that I don't go into London on a daily basis in the holidays. I tried to explain that if you live there you don't really go there on a daily basis- hardly ever, really- but she was still a bit surprised.

People often knock London, you often see stories about some young family upping sticks and moving to the countryside- places like Devon, Cornwall, Yorkshire, whatever- saying it'll be better for their kids etc and that they'd never go back. Housing prices are insane right now, but if I could I would stay in London/in a town like where I live now. I love living somewhere where there is a lot to do. I went on holiday to Somerset once and the highlight of the trip was going to the giant Tesco 20 minutes drive away. Granted, the weather was utterly shit, but I doubt sun would have made things better. I just cannot imagine living in the arse end of nowhere. My dad's friend lives in the middle of nowhere, and has a son about two-ish years younger than me. Said son was so bored living at home that he went to boarding school for the last two years of high school, which luckily his family could afford. Teenagers will typically want to go to places when not in school, meet up with their friends etc, and when you live in Bumfuck Nowhere it can be hard. 

I understand different strokes for different folks, but ideally I'd stay in/near London. Also for ease of seeing family- members of my family all live pretty close by (well, about an hour or so by car) and it's nice to be able to see them frequently and easily. 

We love London- great, great city.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Shhh.....don't tell people that! I like being a "fly-over" state. Let them keep thinking there's nothing but cornfields as long as it keeps people out. Ha!

My sister was on a flight into Omaha (probably not even a "city" according to people here) once and the guy next to her asked if the runway would be paved or if it would be dirt. He also asked if there would be cows walking across it. 

I was coming in on a night flight once and the two guys behind me traveling in on business were impressed by the city's downtown skyline which they thought was "really something for a town of like 50,000". 

Worst one was when U.S. Figure Skating Nationals was in Omaha in 2013. When it was announced, a number of fans on the skating fan forums declared they would not come since there would be no airline access and "nothing to eat but maybe a McDonald's". In the end, though, the people that did come want Nationals to be there again. 

3 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

Been there. Should have taken like 8-9 hours to get to Disneyland and my mom could make it in 6... :my_confused:

We lived about 90 minutes from the city.  we were running late one day for an early event, my mom made it to candle stick in 45 minutes.  We got to go on the field and get up close and personal with jeff kent, so she was motivated

Hi all,

since Jinger is now courting, I decided to sign up :-)

I just have to give my 2 cents to this guy and the situation.

1. I don't like the fact that Jinger is courting. Don't ask me why but it seems too early for her (of course, for them she is in her courting prime at 22).

2. And this guy....i don't know. As many others have said before me: he seems both like a creeper and gay. I'm sorry to say this but the second he opened his mouth in that video I thought he was gay. which in itself is no problem at all. there is worse things in life than being married to a gay guy but he just seems so creepy on top of that and like he will abuse his power or something. Jinger seems so fragile and shy. I'm almost scared for her. Actually, I am scared for her!

For me it's more of the fact that there's people everywhere. There's no Walmart in Brooklyn. The closest one is like 45 minutes away. We have a ton of mom and pop places in South Brooklyn cuz we're far enough away from Manhattan that the city life doesn't affect us. We also only have like 2 Starbucks within 10-15 minutes of me. But there's so many people here. All the other cities I've been to, especially LA, just feel small because there's no pedestrians. I'm not saying other cities are fly overs. I've been to Oklahoma, tbh I wouldn't go back. But I also visited my friend in Indianapolis and I loved it there. It's peaceful and the people are great. It's just different strokes for different folks.

20 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I'd love to live in London, but it's too expensive. My 1 bedroom flat in Barnsley costs me £325 a month in rent, London would be over twice that!

When I'm bored I play the 'if I won the lottery game' and look at £5 million + flats on RightMove in London. that's always fun.

I've spent all of my adult life in cities both small and large, and live in Cambridge MA now. To me it doesn't so much matter how big the city is, I just value being able to walk to a lot of different places in my neighborhood -- right now there are restaurants, shopping, groceries, and an indie movie theater all within walking distance of my apartment. Having grown up in a rural area where I had to drive everywhere, I love the freedom of being able to walk almost everywhere I need to. That said, I certainly pay for the privilege -- my rent right now for a two bedroom garden level apartment is $2000/month! :my_cry:

5 minutes ago, trisprefect said:

I've spent all of my adult life in cities both small and large, and live in Cambridge MA now. To me it doesn't so much matter how big the city is, I just value being able to walk to a lot of different places in my neighborhood -- right now there are restaurants, shopping, groceries, and an indie movie theater all within walking distance of my apartment. Having grown up in a rural area where I had to drive everywhere, I love the freedom of being able to walk almost everywhere I need to. That said, I certainly pay for the privilege -- my rent right now for a two bedroom garden level apartment is $2000/month! :my_cry:

We have a two bedroom duplex and 2 garages for $600. In a smaller town nearby, my brother's mortgage is less than our rent. Small town Midwestern living has advantages. 

6 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Poor Anna is seemingly stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship. 

Each time a photo of the great ( these days lesser spotted) creepy J-B pops up I think of him  chatting to Anna about remembering her vows and sticking with creepy number 1 son. I then feel a great wave of nausea.

Anna had basically the only out they are allowed, a cheating husband, and she gave it up. I don't think all marriages faced with infidelity have to end, but given what Josh did and what his history is that one should have ended if Anna wants any kind of happiness in her future life.

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

We have a two bedroom duplex and 2 garages for $600. In a smaller town nearby, my brother's mortgage is less than our rent. Small town Midwestern living has advantages. 

Same as where I grew up -- my parents own a beautiful three bedroom house on top of a hill with a smallish woods in front of it that could easily be put on the market for $150,000, and even a lot of my friends who lived in the most desirable parts of Buffalo had one or two bedroom places for around $600. 

41 minutes ago, Pravda_Iskra said:

There was a comment on the original People article that said he was removed from Hartwick College to go to Syracuse by his father because he was "too close" to a male friend.

So, a random person commented and we are running with that?  Come on FJ, we are better than that!

No "gay" evidence has been presented by anyone, pure gossip.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived