IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

From her post today:

SAY WHAT?? They go to hear a speaker at church and BUY a leather strap.  Don't most speakers sell books, planners, maybe magnets with inspirational thoughts printed on them?  Ken and Lori, you are idiots that you actually spent money on a leather strap.  You're monsters for using it the way you do. 

Except for Lori.  Lori is allowed to spank in anger. She said that's how she spanked.  From her post of July 21, 2011:

Finally, her gleeful attitude about spanking is just disgusting, but spanking on a bare bottom just infuriates me.  Talk about adding humiliation to the punishment!! Why in the world do these people think it's okay to make a child be naked from the waist down in order for their "discipline" to be effective.  I AM SEEING RED!! 

I know. Me too. This is a child under six, remember. So  a 2, 3, 4, or 5-year old.  So Lori's mother would actually enter the room with a flyswatter (!) and remove a child's pants or diaper,and hit them with the flyswatter on bare skin? It seems almost unbelievable. Why would you need to use such a harsh implement on a small child? Just being sent up to their room in disgrace is enough to make small children that age get upset and cry. Just knowing Mom's mad is enough (not for all kids, of course). 

That's the age that you can use a small punishment, something laughably small to adults (like no cookies at snacktime) and it will have a really big impact. A three-year old will act like his world is ending. That doesn't last. I can just imagine what would happen if I told my 12-year old that she wasn't getting cookies at snacktime because her room was messy. She'd probably say, "I'll just make some myself, Mom. Better ones." 

And what could a young child have possibly done to deserve that sort of punishment? I mean, older chldren are definitely capable of understanding what you want and defying you. I get that. But with little kids, it's most often a case of misunderstanding ("Oh, that's what she meant by "clean up". . .), the child being overtired or hungry, the child being absorbed in play and not hearing you, the child lacking the physical ability to obey (such as in bladder control). I do remember one time, at about age 4, when my brother and I were gleefully doing something we definitely knew was wrong. My mother found out and did what Lori would do. But most of the time, I remember being totally astonished when an adult was angry with me. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that hitting kids "calmly and with love" is even sicker than letting fly when you're angry.

Spanking/hitting a child while calm and peaceful is more sinister and evil than doing it out of anger.

7 hours ago, jerkit said:

I have gone to church my whole life and have never seen a spanking implement for sale. WTH?!

Agreed.

I've spent  50+ years in various churches, including Independent Baptist and assorted evangelical congregations, and I have never been advised to beat my kids with a strap, stick or plumbing line; never seen any kind of spanking implement at church, for sale or otherwise; never heard the name Michael Pearl until I started reading Lori's blog. 

WTH?????

7 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Agreed.

I've spent  50+ years in various churches, including Independent Baptist and assorted evangelical congregations, and I have never been advised to beat my kids with a strap, stick or plumbing line; never seen any kind of spanking implement at church, for sale or otherwise; never heard the name Michael Pearl until I started reading Lori's blog. 

WTH?????

Well, clearly you aren't churching right!! 

These people are almost unbelievable.  And then I realize that they're real and they're really beating toddlers and kids with leather straps because they "misbehave" and act like, well, toddlers and kids, and it makes me feel ill.  

I have news for Lori - slapping your child in the face or pulling the hair is abusive, just like whacking them with a leather strap.  That you didn't do it in public doesn't make you look better.

And yes, the stripping down for a spanking disgusts me.  There's no need to humiliate your kid like that (I think the reason is supposed to be so that the cloth doesn't stop the sting).  The whole "dedicated implement" also squicks me.  We got the belt on occasion when I was a kid, but that's because it was handy.  (And, FWIW, my mom and stepfather have admitted that the belt didn't work, but it was what they knew and I don't hold it against them.)

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector.
Luke 18:11

Well, today's post is the same drivel about staying home and how it is the solution to all the evil in the world.  I wonder how Lori would explain the fact that my husband had a SAHM and now can't stand her. I had the sinful, unwed, teenage mother who always worked, and we are very close.

That reminds me of a lady I know who was a SAHM during her kids' entire childhood (in fact she is still at home now). Despite whacking them with a strap whenever they disobeyed, and "fixing" them healthy meals, they mostly live far away from her. One son moved to the other side of the country! She is a blogger but they never make supportive comments on her blog, or any comments at all. They never comment on her facebook, either. Complete silence. It's like they don't want to be associated with her. Weird.

It looks she tries to tie in causes of divorce being linked to women working outside the home in the beginning of her post. I've known former SAHMs who are divorced and I know a couple of people who don't have great relationships with their moms who stayed at home.

Also, Lori was raised by a SAHM, but she and Ken both admitted to having issues in their early years of their marriage and we can't forget that Ken was off playing basketball a few nights. So why wasn't Lori able to easily bond with her husband after raised by mom who was at home full time? The bond between spouses isn't exactly the same as the bond between a mother and child.

If you are blessed with children, stay home with them full-time so they will be loved for, cared, and bonded with their mother. This will make it much easier for your children to love, care, and bond with their future spouse. What a gift this is to your children, women! Nothing can surpass this in your children's lives and their future spouses may one day thank you.

Just when I think I've read the stupidest thing I can possibly read, Lori's readers chime in:

I'm also seeing a trend in stay at home moms pushing their child/children off on whoever will watch them (the husband, family, friends) so they can pursue their own interests...

Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs

Someone called her on it, and she backtracked a bit, but of course Lori agreed with her:

God commands women to be "keepers at home,"Anya, not husbands, grandmothers, etc. since He created us and knows that children need their mothers home with them full-time. NO ONE can take the place of a mother in a child's life.

I guess they just view men as sperm donors and bill payers.  

Hey Lori- maybe you should tell them that a good nanny can most certainly take mom's place.  Especially if she's willing to hold a crying baby when mom isn't.

Is Lori trying to imply that grandmothers (in that comment) are somehow not women?

And you know, she's right - no one can take the place of the mother in a child's life.  But there's plenty of room for everyone to have a place.

Just popping in to make sure you all know that Lori had a post go viral.  She doesn't mention it often so just wanted to keep everyone updated. 

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

17 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Just popping in to make sure you all know that Lori had a post go viral.  She doesn't mention it often so just wanted to keep everyone updated. 

You do not know how much I needed a laugh this morning! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Edited to add: "I am in the process of writing a book, however, since I have been asked to write one."

Who the hell asked her to write this book? Her husband? A leg-humper? :pb_rollseyes:

20 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

:GRONDE: <--- My face every time Lori mentions her viral post.

Seriously, this came at just the right moment for her.  She had been wringing her hands over all of the attention the "popular" bloggers/speakers were getting (swearing by all that's holy that she wouldn't have it...not even on a silver platter!), but now that she's   "famous or infamous"  :pb_rollseyes: we hear about it every.single.day.  And that book she's writing?  Totally not to be popular or gain attention!  Someone asked her to write it. Because posting every 24 hours to her blog, and multiple times a day to Instagram/Facebook just isn't quite enough.   People need to hear more of what God Lori has to say.  And think of it this way- if Lori isn't in every corner of the internet, how on earth will women get her message that they shouldn't be spending so much time online?

*side note* her Instagram. :pb_eek: It's page after page of shit she wrote in her notebook.  Very strange.  

https://www.instagram.com/always_learning_blog/

Hey now, there was a picture of a big salad four weeks ago.

Recently, I kept my four-year-old great niece for a day. She had a Band-Aid on one of her fingers and was very concerned that the Band-Aid stay on so that the boo-boo would not hurt anymore.  After every activity, she'd check her finger and remind us "I have this boo-boo. See?" and hold up her little bandaged finger.  When we were playing in the sprinklers she suddenly stopped and said "Uh oh! My Band-Aid fell off. But look, now you can see my boo-boo."  We looked and there was absolutely not a mark on her finger.  However, it DID begin to hurt again once the Band-Aid fell off. :pb_lol:  The thing is, she's FOUR and her behavior was quite age appropriate. 

Lori's "viral post" comments remind me of this pre-school behavior. She talks about it all the time but when you look at it, it's really NOTHING.  Her book will be the same.  People are going to open that book and say "Wait. There's nothing here." 

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

You do not know how much I needed a laugh this morning! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Edited to add: "I am in the process of writing a book, however, since I have been asked to write one."

Who the hell asked her to write this book? Her husband? A leg-humper? :pb_rollseyes:

During that Internet radio interview last year, she said years ago she was thinking about about writing a book. But, then Kenny boy told her to start a blog instead. I remember when she mentioned starting the book several months back. I can't remember if she said the reason for it. Maybe, one of her dumb ass fangirls asked her to write a book.

I also wouldn't put past Lori to plagiarize from other people for her book. We have seen her do that shit on the blog.I can also see her pulling a James Frey and lying about things for her book. If she plagiarizes or lies, it would be fun if people came out and called her out.

Lori's repetitiveness was going to drive me to drink but it's too early to start drinking so I made a bingo card instead.

Capture.PNG

I suppose Lori does not realize that dads, grandmother's, aunts, uncles etc. also like to spend time with their children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, etc.  Heaven forbid mom have a little break.  That would be "pushing the kids off" on someone else.  And those sinful Mother's Morning Out programs like my church has... how dare they!  

59 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Lori's repetitiveness was going to drive me to drink but it's too early to start drinking so I made a bingo card instead.

Capture.PNG

You know what bugs me?  The number of time she uses the word "since."  Does anybody else notice that?? We could have a blackout game card filled with "since" and we 'd break the internet with everbody trying to claim their prizes SINCE she uses it in nearly EVERY SINGLE POST.  

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Who the hell asked her to write this book? Her husband? A leg-humper? :pb_rollseyes:

Here's how it happened. . . 

Lori: I wonder if I should write a book?

Ken: (watching basketball): Yeah, why doncha? 

Voila! Lori has been asked to write a book.

47 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

You know what bugs me?  The number of time she uses the word "since."  Does anybody else notice that?? We could have a blackout game card filled with "since" and we 'd break the internet with everbody trying to claim their prizes SINCE she uses it in nearly EVERY SINGLE POST.  

Yes, it drives me insane.  I thought it was a bitch eating crackers thing.  "Since" and "therefore".  

I wonder how much time she spends not reading here?  She used to say "use to" instead of "used to" and "suppose to" instead of "supposed to".  After it was pointed out here (about a gazillion times) she stopped.

Really? Then I guess there is hope that she will stop saying "anyways", which would make me very happy.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived