IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

On 7/1/2016 at 8:37 PM, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I have to say, being able to afford a housekeeper and nanny would make being a SAHM the best job ever! You could enjoy your kids, do messy stuff with them w/o worrying about cleaning it up while they move on to create chaos in a different place. You could take a shower w/o worrying that your child will kill themselves in ten minutes. Someone else could do all the drudgery & you could have all the fun. Even nap.

But for most of us, we have to work for money reasons or sanity reasons or whatever. Most SAHMs go back to work at some point. We usually don't have a choice. Lori has made a cult of worshipping this lifestyle. I don't think it is about God for her, it's about making what she wants the rigid rule for women everywhere. To make herself feel better about her life?

I agree having a housekeeper and a nanny would being a SAHM fun. The sad thing with Lori is that during the period when she homeschooled her sons, it seemed like they didn't do a lot of activities or fun things together. She said that their homeschooling consisted of math for a couple of hours and then reading and we all know Lori pushed them into their rooms for her daily naps. As much as I dislike Zsu, she at least has some fun with her kids.  I honestly wish Lori could spend time with Zsu or other fundie homeschooling moms who have larger families. We all know Zsu had a nanny for awhile, but I would say with that help Zsu probably works harder than what Lori ever did during her SAHM days.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just leave today's opening sentences here for general amusement...

There are a few today who seem to be the ones leading the way into a depraved culture. Did you know that on my post that went viral, there were many more people who liked it than those who didn't?

:laughing-rolling:

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

:laughing-rolling:

This is all we'll hear about for years...

But seriously Lori, the like to dislike ratio means nothing. Most of the likes is not on her post, but on other people's post about her post, so that doesn't mean they agree. Jeez, this woman. 

Skjermbilde 2016-07-04 kl. 16.11.34.png

Not to mention, she clearly doesn't understand what the 'like' button so often means: 'following.' I frequently 'like' a post on FB just to follow the comments. Doesn't mean I like the contents of said post. I just prefer getting my entertainment from silly people online instead of television. :pb_lol:

She is a vile, disgusting woman, and she makes me positively sick.  I don't give a damn how many people "like" the mindless drivel she writes, what she is advocating for is so far beyond the pale...:angry-cussingblack:

If anyone teaches about spanking a disobedient child on a bare bottom, they change it to "hitting" a child and label it "child abuse." 

Referring to her children:

Yes, we spanked them on their bare bottom and it stung, but it was quickly over and did the job that we intended for it to do.

I just can't.  She's a monster.  

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

:laughing-rolling:  Quote
There are a few today who seem to be the ones leading the way into a depraved culture. Did you know that on my post that went viral...

...and my father, the inventor of toaster strudel...

I saw that Lori is defending the Pearls again. If her book gets published, I hope she is called out for her support of the Pearls and maybe magazines, websites, or journalists will zone in on her. We can't forget out how Anderson Cooper covered the Pearls' link to the Lydia Schatz case. Also back in 2011, 20/20 did an episode abuses linked to IFB churches and it was mentioned that To Train Up A Child was heavily pushed in those churches. Lori's support of the Pearls might bite her in the ass later on because there are many religious people who have condemned the Pearls.

11 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I agree having a housekeeper and a nanny would being a SAHM fun. The sad thing with Lori is that during the period when she homeschooled her sons, it seemed like they didn't do a lot of activities or fun things together. She said that their homeschooling consisted of math for a couple of hours and then reading and we all know Lori pushed them into their rooms for her daily naps. As much as I dislike Zsu, she at least has some fun with her kids.  I honestly wish Lori could spend time with Zsu or other fundie homeschooling moms who have larger families. We all know Zsu had a nanny for awhile, but I would say with that help Zsu probably works harder than what Lori ever did during her SAHM days.

This is such a good observation. Zsu is a maniac, but she is also a very hard worker. An enormously hard worker. All those sugar-filled meals from scratch, the homeschool schedules, the reading aloud,  the creative projects, the field trips. All while having 9 kids and an insane husband! I got the feeling the nanny was just to keep the little kids out of her hair.

Lori did nothing compared to her. Didn't clean. Didn't really do homeschooling ("read that book" is not homeschooling). Made what seems to be the same meals over and over. Certainly didn't seem to parent to spend time with her kids having fun.

9 minutes ago, Hisey said:

This is such a good observation. Zsu is a maniac, but she is also a very hard worker. An enormously hard worker. All those sugar-filled meals from scratch, the homeschool schedules, the reading aloud,  the creative projects, the field trips. All while having 9 kids and an insane husband! I got the feeling the nanny was just to keep the little kids out of her hair.

Lori did nothing compared to her. Didn't clean. Didn't really do homeschooling ("read that book" is not homeschooling). Made what seems to be the same meals over and over. Certainly didn't seem to parent to spend time with her kids having fun.

I also think the nanny was around for the little kids. Even before that the nanny was around, I noticed that Zsu does a lot of with her kids and she reminded me a bit of the former homeschooling families I know IRL.  One family was fundie with three boys, the mother would take them on trips to library, hikes, and bible study with other kids and families.  Another family I knew was Buddhist. The mother in that family had also had structured schedule and they also did volunteering and trips outside the home.  There are other homeschooling bloggers that do more that what Lori did. Jean, the adoptive mom at There Is No Place Like Home pisses me off for different reasons. Jean has admitted to having housekeepers and also she had one or two young women assisting with homeschooling, but again she still does a lot with her kids and most of them have some kind of special needs.

Like I said before, I would love Lori to spend a day with a large homeschooling family or make her switch places with someone like Zsu or Jean. Lori wouldn't be happy at all by the end of the day. There's no way she would able to have some kind of nap in household with kids of different ages and needs if she was at Jean's house. If Lori was at Zsu's house, she would probably pissed to see a boy like Solomon designing little outfits for his younger siblings' stuffed animals. We all know Zsu's homeschool schedule wouldn't fit at all with Princess Lori.

11 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

If Lori was at Zsu's house, she would probably pissed to see a boy like Solomon designing little outfits for his younger siblings' stuffed animals.

Whoa!!  And Steve puts up with this?!  :pb_eek:

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Whoa!!  And Steve puts up with this?!  :pb_eek:

I was surprised that Steve and Zsu both seemed ok with it. Zsu was questioned on FB about the outfit Solomon made and she talked about how men are tailors. If had been Lori's son she would have probably beat his ass for it and accused him of trying to be a woman. There are times I can some redeeming qualities in other fundie bloggers. But, with Lori it's hard to find anything redeeming about her. I hope that her grown children and their spouses will end up raising their kids differently.

7 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Should we place bets on whether she'll humblebrag about her viral post again tomorrow? (and how she doesn't really mind the haters) I think she will.

7 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I laughed out loud. 

Spoiler

531596_600.gif

In today's post about male-bashing (you do it, and it's bad), Lori engages in male-bashing.

She writes about how women have such an important job because we get to raise children in the ways of the Lord, while men have to go out and invent stuff or whatever.

This completely negates the role of the father. My husband would be astonished to hear that I am raising our children. He foolishly thinks that he is raising them too, and even having an influence on them.

3 minutes ago, Hisey said:

In today's post about male-bashing (you do it, and it's bad), Lori engages in male-bashing.

She writes about how women have such an important job because we get to raise children in the ways of the Lord, while men have to go out and invent stuff or whatever.

This completely negates the role of the father. My husband would be astonished to hear that I am raising our children. He foolishly thinks that he is raising them too, and even having an influence on them.

Dad's job is so damn thankless in the early years, too. At least, in my family, it was. Who does baby want? Mom. Who does the toddler want to fill his sippy cup? Mom. Dad might even be RIGHT THERE while mom is busy doing anything else, and toddler STILL wants mom to do it. Mom is EVERYTHING to that baby/toddler. Dad has to work and keep working to win that baby over. Eventually, all that hard work pays off. But hell, we even saw with Ken that some men just give up because "Baby is boooooooring." They ditch the whole parenting thing because they figure baby doesn't want them anyway. They don't realize that one day all that hard work really will pay off, but by then, it may be too late for the dads who've checked out emotionally. 

But great job, Lori, for grinding your heel in their face and telling them they really aren't needed anyway. GREAT JOB. 

Ugh. 

Now I'm wondering if Ken really found the babies boring or if Lori just pissed all over his efforts so much that he just gave up. 

You never can tell with these two. 

Yeah, Lori has bashed men in the past. But, I think one certain group that she has bashed the most are working women. Sometime after Lori started her blog, she did a post that linked to Mark Driscoll sermon where he bashed stay at home dads and Lori did so in her post. Two stay at home dads replied to her and I recall one said that he loved his children and loved being home with them. She trashed both men and I remember tossing in Bible verses. Lori bashes men who do not meet her standards of a Christian man who has a servant wife. 

Even though I'm not familiar with the people mentioned in Lori's post, I'll go out on a limb say that neither one of those people hates men. Both men and women have done horrible things throughout history and it's not wrong for Kris Vallotton to point certain things out. I think Kris was trying to point how men have abused leadership roles.  Yes, there have also been women who have abused leadership roles. But because he listed all those horrible things done by men Lori equates it to man bashing. On Sunday, I was watching those Super Soul Sundays episodes on Oprah's OWN channel. In one episode, Oprah interviewed Jimmy Carter in one episode. He talked about how he left the Southern Baptist Convention because of their stance on woman pastors and other views on woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jimmy-carter-human-rights_us_56de0ceae4b0000de4059edb

I think the real issue Lori has, is that a man(Kris) spoke out and said that he was appalled that many people think that women can't be church leaders. She hates men that stand up for gender equality or men who support women pursuing whatever goals they have. Lori oppresses women all the time through her blog and shitty advice.

From today's post:

Lori

He fails to name anything they have accomplished like invent and build everything that we are blessed with today. 

A reader takes Lori to task:

Lori you stated (regarding men) that they " invent and build everything that we are blessed with today." 

I must respectfully disagree in that there have been many many, many women architects, inventors, scientists, doctors, etc. throughout history who have contributed greatly to everything we are blessed with today. For example, Rosalind Franklin was part of the team of scientists who modeled the structure of DNA -- the beginning of molecular biology. 

If we assume that *only* men are capable of inventing and building, then we ignore and downgrade and dismiss the contributions of women in those areas. 

This is the gender discrimination that Mr, Vallotton writes of -- dismissal of women's contributions in building and inventing all the wonderful things we have today *because* they are women.

Lori's snotty reply:

By far, it has been men who have built and invented most things. They are the ones who have built highways, jets, cars, roads, homes, appliances, etc. You can name one woman that discovered something but you will have to agree that it is men that invented and built the lion's share of what we are blessed with today.

I wish Lori would just be honest.  "Men built/invented EVERYTHING EVAH!" fits her message, and that's why she said it.  She has no real interest in truth, so she just makes shit up to fit her narrative. 

Then there's this reader:

Satan tries so hard to elevate woman because he knows how easy it can be to deceive them.Just like in the garden. He went to Eve first not Adam. I am so thankful to be a woman and live for God. There are so many wonderful things we can do for the Lord. I am thankful for God's structure and authority. I know His ways are right and true. 

If she's so easily deceived, how can she be sure "His" ways are right and true?

Finally, there's this sage admonishment from Lori:

Don't listen to women preachers. Don't agree with writings such as this that are completely opposed to the Word of God. 

Translation:

Don't listen to women preachers, listen to me instead. Don't agree with writings such as this that are completely opposed to the Word of God.   Agree with what I tell you based on my interpretation of the Word of God. #Truth #KensHorseOfTruth #GodsMouthPiece # GodlyMentor 

it never occurs to her that educational and career opportunities were limited for women for so long that could be why women haven't "invented" as many things??? Here is the thing about her: she wants everything to be a battle and for most of us, it just isn't. She sits in her ivory tower because she can and clings to her Bible because she can.  The world is changing for the better everyday and there is nothing she can do, blog or say about it.

24 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Why is it so important that men invented more than women?

Because penis.

9 hours ago, teachergirl said:

it never occurs to her that educational and career opportunities were limited for women for so long that could be why women haven't "invented" as many things??? Here is the thing about her: she wants everything to be a battle and for most of us, it just isn't. She sits in her ivory tower because she can and clings to her Bible because she can.  The world is changing for the better everyday and there is nothing she can do, blog or say about it.

The sad thing is that Lori probably wishes that there were still limits to educational and career opportunities for women.

8 hours ago, Hisey said:

Why is it so important that men invented more than women?

Deep down, I think Lori doesn't like herself. And she's made it her mission the help as many women as possible not like themselves as well.

So a woman left a comment on Lori's post yesterday about women being preachers. Lori didn't publish it because it is contrary to what she teachers, but in today's post, Lori says this:

I am going to reason with her by using what the Word of God does say, believing that God would not be silent on such an important issue. 

Um, isn't that kind of what preaching is, with the difference being that one is oral and what Lori is doing is written? She is a woman textually preaching in order to prove that women shouldn't preach.

A comment on her post today, before she changes her mind and deletes it:

Lori, Why would you not allow comments that are respectful just because they disagree with you? And you did state, "I do not post comments that disagree with what I am teaching." You didn't say, "what the Bible teaches" or "what God teaches", but what you, Lori, are teaching. The Bible also states that we are to be like the Bereans and to test what other's teach.  

I am asking this in a respectful way. As a believer, I am very confused by your refusal to engage in a healthy discussion. By ignoring those believers who have questions or disagree with some of your statements, the love of Christ gets shoved under the rug. I wish you would respond to my questions, but I guess I am not allowed in your inner circle. I thank God he sent his son for us and He embraces me just as I am. There are no mean girl clubs in His family.

A big problem I have with Loriken (it's so hard to pick just one!) is that she will harp all day long about how Paul said this and Paul said that. People will present arguments, quite logical arguments, to her that JESUS said thus and such and acted completely contrary to what Paul said. Rather than debate the issue, Lori deletes the comments, the equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and saying, "I can't hear you!"

Paul is more of a god to her than Jesus.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived