IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

Lori, you can't have it both ways. Either housework is so hard you have to be "keeping the home" 24/7, OR housework is easy and quick so there' s no need to ask for help.

Her view of housework flips depending on the point she wants to make.

Did she really say "Jesus never did housework"? Really? With Christianity's emphasis on being a servant to others, I'd think Jesus would be the first one to pick up his dirty socks. And everyone else's too.

We had a friend who was a true Catholic "patriarch", in Lori's sense of the word. He made it clear he was the boss of his house, his wife and his kids. A bit hard to take. But he was also a gentle, kind man AND whenever we had them over for dinner, he didn't just clear the table, he did all the dishes! Pots and pans, too. We couldn't get him away from the sink till the job was done.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quote from today's housework post;

"Life always runs smoother when people know their role. Life today in America is not running smoothly."

Oh, those uppity women who don't know their place.

I know Lori claims she doesn't support Trump, but they both seem to be all about keeping other people down to me.

Trump just doesn't throw religion in the mix.

My grandpa was an amazing cook, mainly because he usually was cooking the mess of fish he'd caught that day and "nobody's going to cook these fish but me, thankyouverymuch."  When I stayed with him as a teenager, I was faced with a very difficult choice every morning.  He'd stand at the bedroom door at 5:30 and say "If you want breakfast, now's the time."  Geesh!  His breakfasts were legendary but, you know...SLEEP!  I always ALWAYS dragged my sorry teenaged self out of bed for his breakfasts, because...those biscuits! 

And in case Ken and Lori say he'd been feminized, I doubt my grandpa would even care. He'd been pretty busy in life fighting in the South Pacific  during that pesky Second World War that, you know, caused so many women to turn toward the devil and work outside the home.  After that he worked as a welder in a factory for 40 years, took care of his dying wife and completely spoiled his 21 grandchildren.  He was a huge bear of a man with a fantastic belly laugh - the "best outdoorsman in three counties," as his friends described him and I think he'd even fix somebody a bowl of soup if they'd recently been hospitalized.  I'm lookin' at you, Ken. 

I guess he just never learned his proper role in life. 

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

"Life always runs smoother when people know their role. Life today in America is not running smoothly."

I know Lori claims she doesn't support Trump, but they both seem to be all about keeping other people down to me.

If Hillary Clinton wins the election, I dread Lori's blog entry the next morning. She will rip apart Clinton and other female politicians.

Whenever I see the font Lori uses to decorate her blog photos on anything else, I automatically assume it's something Lori did– especially if it's religious. It's terrifying.

Oh, did a post of Lori's go viral?  Hadn't  noticed.

I also notice that her "frugal living" post doesn't actually have anything except religious guilt and "don't spend money".

Lori's snarky response to an intelligent comment:

The ancient paths I speak of, Rachel, are the Lord's ancient paths. "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16) The ancient paths of women being keepers at home and men being the providers and protectors. It is the Lord who has given women dignity, not feminism. They have destroyed femininity. A husband who is working hard to support his family is not the one who "does nothing to help."

The "ancient paths" referred to in Jeremiah have NOTHING to do with women being keepers at home and men being the providers and protectors. Lori cuts off the end of the verse: "But they said, We will not walk therein." The verse is about Judah practicing idolatry and God's coming judgement. Nothing as trivial as who does the housework.

On 7/18/2016 at 8:02 PM, Florita said:

Lori's snarky response to an intelligent comment:

The "ancient paths" referred to in Jeremiah have NOTHING to do with women being keepers at home and men being the providers and protectors. Lori cuts off the end of the verse: "But they said, We will not walk therein." The verse is about Judah practicing idolatry and God's coming judgement. Nothing as trivial as who does the housework.

Now ya see how ya'll act?  Taking Bible verses in *gasp* Context??? Tha nerve!  Anyone who listens to Lori knoooowwwsss.. real Chrish-chens don't look at context?!  That's why ya'lls all heathens and heretics.  

Lori  has a point.....ya know, never minding all the cleaning, helping, foot and hand washing Jesus did...hanging out with all those harlots and thieves...it does not say he ran the Hoover over the dirty thresh and fluffed out the duvet on the family bed.  

(please tell me the sarcasm is as thick as I meant it???  it's been a long day or so)  (also, Lori can suck it---assuming she does that....)

Reader:

I am so grateful for the modern inventions (created by men) that make housework so easy nowadays.

roll eyes.jpg

Someone please take her dishwasher away.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

If Hillary Clinton wins the election, I dread Lori's blog entry the next morning. She will rip apart Clinton and other female politicians.

When Hillary Clinton wins the election, I will read Lori's blog post the next day with absolute glee. The writing will be on the wall for her and her ilk, and they would be fence post dumb to not realize it. 

5 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I canNOT WAIT to read it. Her head may spin off into another dimension :pb_lol:

Wow. In today's post (http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/07/disastrous-results-with.html), she attacks another woman's post about headship/submission not working in their marriage--and she does it by making a personal attack on the writer.  The woman wrote about having tried headship/submission in her marriage and finding that it didn't work for them.

Lori says that the writer was controlling, she was critical and judgmental (in people other than Lori, that's a bad thing), she defiled her family in her bitterness, and basically she just didn't try enough. 

At one point, Lori says, "We’re to do all we can to make their lives easier." Interestlingly, when the writer asked her husband if it would take anything away from him if they returned to more equality as partners, his response was that it would make his life much easier if they stepped away from headship/submission. Lori should be holding this woman up as an example of how to talk with your husband in a loving and deferring manner, in my opinion.

Lori just as easily could have written about how women should respond when they think headship/submission isn't working in a general way, without making a personal attack on another woman. Oh, she makes me so mad. :annoyed:

1 hour ago, molecule said:

Wow. In today's post (http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/07/disastrous-results-with.html), she attacks another woman's post about headship/submission not working in their marriage--and she does it by making a personal attack on the writer.  The woman wrote about having tried headship/submission in her marriage and finding that it didn't work for them.

Lori says that the writer was controlling, she was critical and judgmental (in people other than Lori, that's a bad thing), she defiled her family in her bitterness, and basically she just didn't try enough. 

At one point, Lori says, "We’re to do all we can to make their lives easier." Interestlingly, when the writer asked her husband if it would take anything away from him if they returned to more equality as partners, his response was that it would make his life much easier if they stepped away from headship/submission. Lori should be holding this woman up as an example of how to talk with your husband in a loving and deferring manner, in my opinion.

Lori just as easily could have written about how women should respond when they think headship/submission isn't working in a general way, without making a personal attack on another woman. Oh, she makes me so mad. :annoyed:

Lori probably hates the husband in that situation stepped away from headship/submission. I'm surprised Lori didn't label the man as "weak" and "poor leader". She has done that in the past whenever couples chose not to do headship/submission.

22 hours ago, kpmom said:

I think the main reason she isn't supporting Trump is because his comments on illegal immigrants upset her. Outside of that topic, I think Lori and Trump would get along quite well.

16 hours ago, Florita said:

The ancient paths of women being keepers at home and men being the providers and protectors.

I would just like to take this moment to interject that virtually throughout the mammalian world, it is not the males that are the "protectors" but the females. In many cases, the females are also the providers. The females give birth to the young, raise the young., protect the young and launch the young on their own into the world.

It's not for nothing we've got the phrase "mama bear" as one of the most fearsome creatures out there (although I also wouldn't want to mess with a mama cat, mama dog or mama anything else with new babies to protect). 

There's nothing more feminine or perfectly female than providing for and protecting one's young.

But Lori wouldn't know that. She let her babies cry inconsolably, locked them in their rooms for hours and shoved their care off for someone else. 

@polecat, or she'd be huddled in the closet with them while the house was being robbed.

From today's post: He is the leader of the home and the faster wives appreciate and follow his leadership, the faster peace will reign in the home. Bottom line is she simply didn't want to give up control. Most women want to control.

I can safely say that peace will never reign in my home...oh wait, it will because we actually work together.

And let's be honest, some men are not cut out to be leaders. 

Almost missed this comment from Lori yesterday:

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Kelley Dibble! Thank you for sharing. I don't have a perfectionist bone in my body. This is why I have five people helping me edit my book! :)

Five people editing? Why? Does it take five people to correct Lori when she repeats "Thank you for sharing" twice in one very short paragraph?  

Also, Mrs. Kelley Dibble is the Kelley of Privileged to Be Dave's Doormat fame.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/12/priveleged-to-be-doormat.html

Perhaps Lori should reflect on these words today as she gossips about her fellow blogger (**Make sure to read the comments...they're gold.**) :

Then of course, there's this:

gossip...again.jpg

Hypocrite, thy name is Lori Alexander.

On 2016-07-16 at 9:18 AM, Koala said:

Today's post is a hot mess.  It's a future MILS letter to her future DIL.  I'll let you read it for yourself, but this was my favorite part:

"I have no basis for my thoughts, for I am just a fickle brained woman, but please embrace them as your own!"

It's beyond me why anyone would want to learn from someone that ditzy.

Anyway, I don't actually think my husband and I are "the same".  I think that people are individuals, and no two are exactly alike.  In our case, I'm the more logical, rational one, and he's the more emotional and social one.  This isn't a matter of "belief", it just IS.  I mean, I can chart how often my husband is moved to tears, or how often I feel the need to debunk false information on Facebook. 

Reading through the comments on the doormat post...lemme see if I got this straight as I've seen it referenced with several other fundie writers/preachers:   

Because there is no direct quotation from the Bible about abuse, particularly in regard to spouses, then it's a subject that is avoided.  If you're getting the crap beat out of you, or you are put down on the daily, the only thing you need to do is give in to the Stockholm Syndrome, pray, be MORE subservient in order to "win" the love of the abuser......Don't leave.  Don't seek shelter.  Don't fight back.  Because the Bible doesn't say to do those things......it doesn't say NOT to do them....but that's irrelevant.  

I think that's my biggest issue with those who take the Bible literally.  They leave no room for interpretation or common sense.  I'm all for whatever makes your marriage work, you need to put a collar on him--do it. You need to exercise some gender roles-do it.  But damn don't sit there and take a pummeling just because there's no direct quote saying:  "a man shall noteth striketh is wife or she may uncleave him of his nethers and take his ass".  :buffalo::buffalo::buffalo:

It just kills me that she's got such great handwriting.

4 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Because there is no direct quotation from the Bible about abuse, particularly in regard to spouses, then it's a subject that is avoided.  If you're getting the crap beat out of you, or you are put down on the daily, the only thing you need to do is give in to the Stockholm Syndrome, pray, be MORE subservient in order to "win" the love of the abuser......Don't leave.  Don't seek shelter.  Don't fight back.  Because the Bible doesn't say to do those things......it doesn't say NOT to do them....but that's irrelevant.

I guess wives are supposed to be relieved if their husbands don't throw them out in the street as bait for sexual predators, and then cut them into twelve pieces and mail them off in all different directions.*

A little "knocking around for a season" (a la John Piper) is mild by comparison.

*it's biblical. Judges 19.

Oddly enough, I think a good biblical case could be made for treating one's wife well, and not abusing her. (As well as not abusing a husband.) It all depends which verses you want to quote.

Well, Ken was just a complete ass to one of their readers.  The highlights:

Well Kim it sounds like you have found a man made approach to marriage that works for you two, or at least works for you. It keeps the peace and assigns who gets to decide in which areas, much like partnership does. In a partnership everything is spelled out as to who gets to decide what and the average business partnership last about 4-5 years.

He basically just put an expiration date on her marriage.  

Then we have Lori (who DOES NOT teach men....except when she does):

For any husband that doesn't want a submissive wife: 

You don't want her to please you? 

You don't want a wife to give you sex when you want it? 

You don't want her to fix your favorite foods? 

You want her to continue arguing and quarreling with you? 

You like it when she gives you the cold shoulder? 

You like her to always insist on winning arguments? 

You don't want her to do things you ask her to do and then she conveniently forgets 
about them? 

You want her to speak ill of you to others? 

You want her to not respect or appreciate you? 

Satan has so completely destroyed the word "submission" that even godly men have fallen victim to his lies. It doesn't mean a wife will lose her personality, or her opinions, or even her quirks. It simply means she is going to learn what pleases her husband in every area and follow his leadership. 

So husbands, if you don't want your wives to submit, it is completely your 
fault when your marriage falls apart. 

But remember, her posts are specifically for women.  She doesn't teach men.  Not at all!

Wait a minute, I thought submission in marriage wasn't a salvation issue. In other words, you won't go to hell for not submitting, you just won't get quite so many crowns in heaven. Yet, Ken says:

Spoiler

When I read stories like this one of the bitter woman who tried submission and it didn’t work for her, I tend to think about her standing before the throne of God some day. Looking down from His throne with loving eyes is Jesus who says to the woman, “Tell me your story about your marriage.” 

“Well God, we tried the submission thing you told us to do and for us it just didn’t work. I mean my poor husband could not live up to my expectations for him as a leader and I became bitter having to bite my tongue all the time. It really was a disaster for us and we felt much better with the marriage when I got out from under that legalistic system of submission.” 

Then Jesus says as He shakes his head, “Oh, Joelle, I had such plans for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. That you would call on me and come and pray to me, and I would listen to you. That you would seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart that I would have been found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.” (Jer. 29-11-14). 

“You see Joelle, I your Maker knew you had this root of bitterness in you. I knew you wanted to be in control and to get your way, even apart from my ways. Doing marriage my way was the only hope you had of learning the lessons necessary for you to be freed from the strongholds of sin where you could learn to be vulnerable, to trust in me as you learned to trust your husband.” 

“If I could only show you what was in store for you and your life if you had just chosen to give up your selfishness and walk in my ways. Generation after generation of families that are to come after you could have been blessed by you, but instead, you chose your own life and your own desires and pleasures over those of your husband, family and your Lord.” 

One can only hope that the words that come next are words of grace and love that lead to salvation and not the words, 

“ Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.” 

(I put it under a spoiler because as usual, Ginormous Wall o'Text. :my_dodgy: )

Lori says:

You don't want her to please you? 

You don't want a wife to give you sex when you want it? 

You don't want her to fix your favorite foods? 

You want her to continue arguing and quarreling with you? 

You like it when she gives you the cold shoulder? 

You like her to always insist on winning arguments? 

You don't want her to do things you ask her to do and then she conveniently forgets 
about them? 

You want her to speak ill of you to others? 

You want her to not respect or appreciate you? 

Satan has so completely destroyed the word "submission" that even godly men have fallen victim to his lies. It doesn't mean a wife will lose her personality, or her opinions, or even her quirks. It simply means she is going to learn what pleases her husband in every area and follow his leadership. 

Maybe they want to please each other (which requires compromise).

Of course sex is the first thing she brings up.  Lori really does make marriage seem like some sort of prostitution.  And maybe he wants them to enjoy sex together...

Cooking his favorite foods does not equal submission.

Essentially, what I'm taking away from this : if you want to be submissive, then you DON'T want to be like Lori.  Because everything on that list is something Lori does.

Good grief, they really act like they know who God will decide is worthy for heaven? Instead of preaching submission even if it kills you, they could be helping people who really need it. Without preaching, not one little bit. Not that I think they could help others without preaching or acting smug.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived