IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I do not think Josh is sexually attracted to children. From what we've seen he does genuinely love his kids. I don't think they are in danger.

Dan Savage, the columnist, had said something similar.  He believed that those incidents were more related to power than sexual attraction, mostly because Josh was put in almost a parental position, as the oldest and often a babysitter.  I can't find the article (actually I think I heard it as an interview video), but the fact that there was such repression as children, plus the fact that Josh was usually in charge, led to the abuse.  I could see that making sense.  Rape and related abuses are often seen as power trips, regardless of whether the victim was male or female.  

Just a FYI, I am not a psychologist, just a tabloid reader....

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Josiah. It was josiah's party

Thanks for the clarification. So many kids, so many episodes, they all kind of meld together into this big mush of "this happened but which kid was it?"

On May 13, 2016 at 0:18 AM, pamplemousse said:

I would also all but put money on the possibility that JB had Michelle track her cycles so he would know when she was most fertile.  Then, knowing she was quite likely to get pregnant (thanks to her freaky fertility), and knowing that per the dictates of Gothardism, she wouldn't say no, he would take advantage of it. After all, more children = more status, more arrows in the quiver, and greater proof of his virility.  

I see JB as the puppet master of that family.  IMO, nothing will change as long as he is running the show.  That pisses me off.

I've always suspected JB wasn't the virile stud he wanted everyone to believe he was. He doesn't look like a guy in topnotch cardiovascular condition. Soft, paunchy, super oily skinned, and we know they eat absolute shit on a regular basis.

IMO, he watched that calendar with an eye toward optimum chance of conception.

Because he said it was a decision he left up to Michelle, doesn't mean it was.

The guy's a liar. Oh, he's also a buffoon.

10 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Awesome! Let me know how it goes!

I've never had a cold pasta salad with a tomato sauce base. I'll have to try this, I'll tweak because only #1 son likes bell peppers, but I bet it would delish with some zuchinni or eggplant. 

We are forgetting the best jello mold salad. Aunt Edna's lime jello with cat food bottom :)

i freaking love that movie! (National lampoons Christmas if you don't know!!)

11 hours ago, Marissap said:

We are forgetting the best jello mold salad. Aunt Edna's lime jello with cat food bottom :)

i freaking love that movie! (National lampoons Christmas if you don't know!!)

My friend has the han solo in carbonite mold, that is pretty funny :) (but it's just regular jello, nothing weird)

7 minutes ago, karen77 said:

My friend has the han solo in carbonite mold, that is pretty funny :) (but it's just regular jello, nothing weird)

I. Want. That.

I can recall my mother making a special salmon mousse fish mold for parties, complete with cut olive slice eye. This was the early 80s. Yikes.

I watched the final episode of Counting On on FIOS the other night.  It was very boring.  The thing I did notice was all the talk about adoption.  Call me crazy, but from what I can tell this may be the only form of birth control they will allow.  And of course this would be because you are doing such a wonderful thing to bring a "naturalized citizen" into the fold.  Jim Boob is very controlling.  The kidults have to find passive ways to work around all these rules.  I really do not believe ANY of those kids wants to have a family as large as the one they came from.  To me, this is very telling about there experience behind close doors.

On 2016-05-10 at 9:59 AM, Buzzard said:

Who is the woman sitting next to jinger holding a child?

hartono.jpg

I guess Josh and Anna just couldnt fit in the RV?

As always I'm only slowly reading through everything, but I want to comment on this photo.

It seems to me that (miracle child) Josie gets held by one or the other of her parents (maybe JimBoob more than MEEEchelle) a lot more often than Jenny or Jordyn ever was. Josie is really getting some parental benefits from being the last child. Her parents need her to still feel they are "young" parents who are actively caring for their kids.

I suppose there are always certain benefits to being the youngest child, but it is especially obvious in this family where the second- and third-last children (especially the second-last) have been pretty well overlooked.

Jenny and Jordyn missed out almost completely on parental attention. It's hard for me to think of any instance in which either JimBoob or MEEEchelle has been seen holding Jordyn.

(Although, it also occurs to me that having missed out on JimBoob and MEEEchelle's attention may be an advantage in some ways.)

On 2016-05-11 at 6:08 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

The Duggars have money, but how much? I ask because the money JB has is a lot less when you split it between 19+ kids, spouses, and grandchildren. If JB wasn't so obsessed with control while also clipping his children's wings from the get go, he might do alright because he wouldn't be supporting his adult children as well as his minor ones. But the way they waste money! There's no sign to me they have changed their spending habits since the scandal. I wonder if JB is in denial. 

JB's real estate, the show, magazine covers, perhaps donations from leghumpers... I don't think their family can continue like this. Even if the scandals hadn't happened, did JB really think the show would last forever? Does he have investments somewhere? 

If there is a thread about this already I apologize.

Mods, I hit enter and it looks like I duplicated my post while trying to correct my misspelling of "situation". Could someone please merge this topic, please?

Jim-Boob is an ignorant, poorly-educated jerk, but I think he has some basic cunning. So I've always believed that, once the TTH was built, he started investing much of the money he made from TLC. He seems to own a lot of properties, probably more than we are made aware of on the show. He collects rent money from some of them, and perhaps he also sells some that he his kids have fixed up. So, that's one income stream.

I suspect he has also invested the money he's made from TLC in stocks and bonds. We have no idea of whether any of that money ever went to the kids, or even to the kidults; I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs onto it "on behalf of" all the Duggar spawn who are not married. In any case, he's probably investing whatever comes to himself and MEEEchelle.

For these reasons, I don't think he is necessarily dependent on an ongoing income stream from future TLC shows. I would bet he has set himself up to have cash coming in well into the future.

That's not to say he doesn't care about the show. He certainly does, and I'm sure he'd prefer to retain it in some form. Didn't he say something recently about "six grandchildren and counting"? That's what he really hopes TLC will follow up on.

3 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

That's not to say he doesn't care about the show. He certainly does, and I'm sure he'd prefer to retain it in some form. Didn't he say something recently about "six grandchildren and counting"? That's what he really hopes TLC will follow up on.

He must be in denial about the level that the public is interested in his family. A show centered around only his grandchildren-- for starters, 2/3 of his grandchildren are spawn of Josh, so following them for a show would be pretty hard without including him. Then you could consider that a show about grandchildren, especially when all of them are so young... What's the draw? What's interesting? Lots of people have grandchildren. JB must still think th Duggar name is gold.  

On 5/19/2016 at 5:16 PM, Lizzybet said:

I've always suspected JB wasn't the virile stud he wanted everyone to believe he was. 

Those who can, do. Those who can't that much anymore, act out and talk about it all he time. 

He carries on like a middle schooler showing off at the bus stop.

9 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

I. Want. That.

I can recall my mother making a special salmon mousse fish mold for parties, complete with cut olive slice eye. This was the early 80s. Yikes.

I used to babysit for a neighbor who was very artistic. She put cucumber scales on her molded mousse fish. Very cool.

On 2016-05-18 at 7:15 AM, BabyBottlePop said:

Cracked has several hilarious articles where a guy cooks a bunch of nasty recipes from 50's and 60's magazines. Au gratin, meat and fish jello, mustard... Gross, but I was crying laughing when I finished reading. 

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/7-gross-foods-your-grandparents-ate-that-we-taste-tested/

http://www.cracked.com/article_21958_7-disgusting-foods-from-past-that-we-taste-tested.html

Thank you, thank you for the best laugh I've  had in ages.

I was laughing so hard, tears were running down my face. Mr. Analytica came to check on me, to make sure I was not having a seizure.

You can't have it both ways.   You can't be "parent of the year " and "we didn't know our son was molesting half our girls in our home".

18 minutes ago, anne.stults said:

You can't have it both ways.   You can't be "parent of the year " and "we didn't know our son was molesting half our girls in our home".

True. OTOH, they pretty much have acknowledged that they knew, but that in their circles, their level of caring was not not up to societal standards that must people find appropriate.

14 hours ago, Wenny said:

Dang Joe (JD...James...I know he isn't Josh but a Dugger boy) Where is your hand going? Dare I say "He touched the butt!" :fish_tropical:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/05/more-photos-duggars-in-tn.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DuggarFamilyBlog+(Duggar+Family+Blog)

*snickers *

My first thought too. How defrauding! 

(and such bad posture!)

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

True. OTOH, they pretty much have acknowledged that they knew, but that in their circles, their level of caring was not not up to societal standards that must people find appropriate.

Really. "It was just a little touching, boys are curious. How else are they going to learn?"

They are probably wondering why us godless heathens are so upset about it. "Jesus SAID it was ok, we forgave him. The girls didn't mind." Ugh.

19 hours ago, Wenny said:

Dang Joe (JD...James...I know he isn't Josh but a Dugger boy) Where is your hand going? Dare I say "He touched the butt!" :fish_tropical:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/05/more-photos-duggars-in-tn.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DuggarFamilyBlog+(Duggar+Family+Blog)

Joe looks like he's trying to grab her butt, and she looks like she's trying to grab Lawson's. It's like that episode of South Park where they all fun in a circle and "play a game of grab ass."

Never in a million years would I have thought of ass grabbing and fundies in the same sentence

Wow! That picture is so... normal! It's so bizarre to me.

Like, this picture shows to me that they could have easily been a regular family with a quarter of the kids. This picture could easily be parents of a modest sized Christian family who saved up for the whole year to go on vacation at the beach and they are having nice spiritual alone time on the deck in the morning. Their five kids are putting on their swim suits and goggles and snorkel gear to go play in the water. They'll meet them down there later and they'll have a nice picnic on the beach and make sand castles.

But instead we get..... well you all know what we get.

On May 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM, anotherone said:

But the older ones have been through like, what, 10+ years of sexual maturity already.  How could you go that long just longing for a hug or touch from a boyfriend or girlfriend.  It's not just about keeping away from sexual touch, but how horrible to never have any touch at all, no guy smoothing your hair or just having his arm around you.  That seems like horrible punishment for being born a Gothard.  And then knowing one day you will just have to forget all the alone-ness you got used to, and suddenly dive right into sex in just one day and be expected to be touching, handholding, being available, at all times.

I honestly think that's why you will often see the Duggar girls holding hands with tween girls in Central America or are holding the younger siblings a lot. Because they crave affection. It's not sexual. It's just loving affection that I doubt they get much of from their parents and aren't allowed to have with BFs.

53 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Wow! That picture is so... normal! It's so bizarre to me.

Like, this picture shows to me that they could have easily been a regular family with a quarter of the kids. This picture could easily be parents of a modest sized Christian family who saved up for the whole year to go on vacation at the beach and they are having nice spiritual alone time on the deck in the morning. Their five kids are putting on their swim suits and goggles and snorkel gear to go play in the water. They'll meet them down there later and they'll have a nice picnic on the beach and make sand castles.

But instead we get..... well you all know what we get.

A lot of people look normal when they aren't.  (Think of some mass murderers or serial killers!). ;)  With the Duggars, we know that they are not what they seem, even in this picture.

The interesting thing for me is that this picture illustrates that the Duggars we see on the "reality show," and on social media are not "themselves."  Even after all these years in the public eye, they do not have a comfortable "public skin."  Michelle's wide eyes, JB's fake smiling, and possibly the "smug" that we see in some of the kidults, could be responses to being in the public eye, to feeling under scrutiny.  Even if they love the attention, they must spend a lot of time worrying about how they appear on camera, how they will be seen.  They are almost always performing, and they are not good actors.

Here is a positive, "real" scene which (along with a lot of negative, "real" scenes, I am sure), the "reality show" will never include.  

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

tumblr_o7e82bcmaT1r9t2zdo6_400.jpg

They actually look like a normal couple here! Like, natural and alive! Picture found on http://duggarbatesfan.tumblr.com/

Any time I see a photo of MEEEchelle and JimBoob close together, I think of what MEEEchelle said a few years about JimBoob's bad breath.

And then I wonder, what is she enduring when he gets this close to her? And how horrible would it be to have to always be "cheerfully available" (or whatever the horrible phrase is) for some man's sexual urges?

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived