IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Thanks for the link.  I love the way they keep admitting that they have no judgment. ;)

I thought their fascination with the Duggars was poor judgment, but here they are, bragging that they have no judgment at all.

:evil-laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, I know that is not what they mean.  They mean that they don't pass judgment.  But they said "without judgment" instead of "without passing judgment" or "without judging them." It is, at best, ambiguous phrasing.  And how could I resist snarking?

They certainly show poor judgment when the present some things "without judgement."

;) 

Oh, just think of the snark-worthy shows TLC's step-channel's have: My 600# life, Sister wives...

It wouldn't be so bad if they just had 600# on one night but they are on almost anytime of day or other weeknights! I do have empathy for their plight, I'm a Heavy-Hitter myself but YE-GODS! They crying! And that pompous Dr. Now, who has the bedside manner of Dr. Mengala.

And sister-wives-Meri-talk about crying-Why did she need that big house when she knew her only child was going out the door? She cried b/c the girl left; she cried b/c she had an emotional affair; Kody sits around "trying to understand." It's called MENOPAUSE, Kody! And you get to go thru it THREE MORE TIMES! He's such a dip-wad.

Hey, the idea of a "breaking Duggar would be CLASSIC! The original Amish show about them breaking out was almost heartbreaking. The confusion in a Starbucks. The shock of a California beach. The near-death experience. The heathens! And apparently they all got a better education that the Duggars b/c several of them got a GED w/one test. Can you see what a GREAT show that would be?? If only they could sell it to JB. Maybe if they promised him in the end he would get them back. But he would say; "Look what happened to Josh. DC was his downfall w/all that sin & corruption going on up there, poisoning my good Christian boy." *eyeroll*

This show could almost write itself. Jinger, Joy & Jana rent an apt off Central Park (Think run-down tenement off 105th st in NYC-a 5-story walk up w/a bare light bulb in the hallway. And 5 locks on the door. So NOT Central Park!) Jinger works part time & takes photog. classes at NYU-Joy goes to culinary school & Jana works in an office to pay the rent, cook, clean & pray that no one gets pregnant. They all join Match.com and learn about real "guys." One Saturday night, they all come back to their tiny tenement w/dates & find JB,M & 8 howlers on their doorstep paying a "surprise" visit.  SURPRISE!:pb_surprised:

Oh, I would so watch that!

Now let's do one for the boys.:my_biggrin:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me if someone said this upthread and I missed it, but the birthday thing for Jill doesn't even say 'Jill' in the title. It says "Duggar #4 turns 25". Technically, she's not even a Duggar anymore but that's water under the bridge at this point. So impersonal. 

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

walk up w/a bare light bulb in the hallway. And 5 locks on the door. So NOT Central Park!) 

One less than at TTH.

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Forgive me if someone said this upthread and I missed it, but the birthday thing for Jill doesn't even say 'Jill' in the title. It says "Duggar #4 turns 25". Technically, she's not even a Duggar anymore but that's water under the bridge at this point. So impersonal. 

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Well, dilution being what it is, being one of 19 is no big deal; reduces each to a #. For folks who act as if each life is so important, they sure do not live those words. The Duggar parents entire speil was the common good to the detriment of the individual pieces, in this case being children/human lives.

That blog just mirrors what the Duggar kids have known all along.

On 5/18/2016 at 8:09 PM, SassyPants said:

Well, dilution being what it is, being one of 19 is no big deal; reduces each to a #. For folks who act as if each life is so important, they sure do not live those words. The Duggar parents entire speil was the common good to the detriment of the individual pieces, in this case being children/human lives.

That blog just mirrors what the Duggar kids have known all along.

Oh i know, it's just really sad how blatant it is. Their individuality has been stomped out down to the letter of their names.

I am sorry that but recipe was not great.  All they did was cook couscous which is about as easy as boiling water, and pan fry a couple of chicken breasts and cut them up.  Then she tossed cucumber and tomatoes on top.  The veggies were raw, of course as I don't think anyone ever really cooks cucumber. 

I watched the video without the sound at first and I kept thinking maybe Jessa had mistaken a cucumber for zucchini.  The recipe would have been pretty decent if she had actually used zucchini and the grape tomatoes and sauteed them in the pan with chicken and then added that to the couscous. 

And as a food couscous is nothing magical.  It is just a type of pasta, so it has a lot of carbs and nothing that great nutritionally.  I like couscous a lot, but I tend to use it as part of a cold salad with lots of veggies and a dijon/balsamic vinegar dressing. 

If Jessa is trying to show her cooking skills, she failed.  This was a basic basic recipe.  And if she and Ben are trying to inspire healthy eating, well that is great.  And this meal is certainly better than many, but a healthier alternative would have been to use a grain or seed like quinoa, flax, faroe, buckwheat, bulgher, instead of the couscous which is a bleached white pasta

36 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I am sorry that but recipe was not great.  All they did was cook couscous which is about as easy as boiling water, and pan fry a couple of chicken breasts and cut them up.  Then she tossed cucumber and tomatoes on top.  The veggies were raw, of course as I don't think anyone ever really cooks cucumber. 

I watched the video without the sound at first and I kept thinking maybe Jessa had mistaken a cucumber for zucchini.  The recipe would have been pretty decent if she had actually used zucchini and the grape tomatoes and sauteed them in the pan with chicken and then added that to the couscous. 

And as a food couscous is nothing magical.  It is just a type of pasta, so it has a lot of carbs and nothing that great nutritionally.  I like couscous a lot, but I tend to use it as part of a cold salad with lots of veggies and a dijon/balsamic vinegar dressing. 

If Jessa is trying to show her cooking skills, she failed.  This was a basic basic recipe.  And if she and Ben are trying to inspire healthy eating, well that is great.  And this meal is certainly better than many, but a healthier alternative would have been to use a grain or seed like quinoa, flax, faroe, buckwheat, bulgher, instead of the couscous which is a bleached white pasta

It just shows how far down they started in the healthy cooking department that they think that's super healthy. Compared to TTC, that dish is practically superfood. 

26 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I actually think she was trying to show herself keeping sweet and being a good wife and mommy.  Probably would have gone over better if Spud wasn't near knives, heat, and potential spatter.  I think the meal wasn't bad compared to the usual Duggar fare we've seen.  None of it came from a can, anyway.  Agree it was basic...though I doubt she has even heard of quinoa, flax, faroe, buckwheat, or bulgher.

I think we're all just impressed that it's not a few cans of Cream of Crap mixed with canned vegetables and canned chicken. The recipe is ultra-basic, but nothing came out of a can and it has fresh vegetables. I think it shows a lot about the Duggars when we're saying that this is impressive. I agree with everyone else- Jessa, have you ever heard of spices? I hear you can get them at most grocery stores. :pb_rollseyes:

Also, in reference to people not cooking cucumber- I've made breaded and fried cucumber before (a recipe from the 1830s). It was actually pretty tasty.

On 5/13/2016 at 5:41 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

I fucking hate you all. I could have spent the rest of my life without realizing I am the result of mom's birthday sex. Seriously, fuck you :pb_lol:

I grew up with a family joke about how I should have a stamp on my foot that said "Made in Aruba." I always knew the joke, but when I was like 13 I realized what it meant and OH GOD I hate that joke now.

12 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I think we're all just impressed that it's not a few cans of Cream of Crap mixed with canned vegetables and canned chicken. The recipe is ultra-basic, but nothing came out of a can and it has fresh vegetables. I think it shows a lot about the Duggars when we're saying that this is impressive. I agree with everyone else- Jessa, have you ever heard of spices? I hear you can get them at most grocery stores. :pb_rollseyes:

Also, in reference to people not cooking cucumber- I've made breaded and fried cucumber before (a recipe from the 1830s). It was actually pretty tasty.

I love cukes, and I have had some fried pickles now and then, but never really had cooked fresh cucumber.  But I could drink cucumber water all the day long.  

I have recently started roast radishes, which is another veggie that I have tended to only eat raw.  Roasted, it is super yummy

I watched it on YouTube and heard Ben mention, "that's what the box says" after he finished making the couscous. I took that to mean that he had never poured couscous in boiling water and covered the pot with a lid, before.

Why doesn't either Ben or Jessa get a real job???? Ben has that AA degree, why isn't he using it to support his family?

They work harder at not working than if they just procured 9-5 jobs. There are plenty of idle, adult Duggar hands to help care for 6 mos old Spurge. Heck, they could pay Anna to care for the baby (come to their home). She could use a few bucks too.

I have recently started roast radishes, which is another veggie that I have tended to only eat raw.  Roasted, it is super yummy

I'm going to try roasting radishes for the first time tomorrow. I'm glad to see that you like them!

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I watched it on YouTube and heard Ben mention, "that's what the box says" after he finished making the couscous. I took that to mean that he had never poured couscous in boiling water and covered the pot with a lid, before.

Why doesn't either Ben or Jessa get a real job???? Ben has that AA degree, why isn't he using it to support his family?

They work harder at not working than if they just procured 9-5 jobs. There are plenty of idle, adult Duggar hands to help care for 6 mos old Spurge. Heck, they could pay Anna to care for the baby (come to their home). She could use a few bucks too.

because showing us all how to make couscous is their mission 

How else would we be so sinful and not know that cleaning one's stove top is a sin and we get an extra special treat of the seewalds wishing a public birthday 

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

My family loves fried pickles and my mom made a lot of tater tot casserole when I was growing up. I swear I'm not a real duggar!

*looks around shifty-eyed*

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

I'm kind of a nerd about antique recipes. I've read that president Lincoln liked to bake cookies. :)  I had links to his recipes, recreated by foodie historians on my old phone (that I killed in a tragic diet coke accident). :(

I need to find those recipes again. My favorite brownie recipe is about 100 years old. :)

Out there on the interwebs there are all kinds of historical recipes.  I even came across ones for the first class dinner served on the Titanic the night it sank... again lost to the diet coke incident.

I'm fascinated by weird recipes from the 50s and 60s too.  I would never try to recreate those.  Better to read about them than to eat them. ;)

It's fun reading, though.  If you're interested try googling the gallery of regrettable food. ;)

45 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I even came across ones for the first class dinner served on the Titanic the night it sank... again lost to the diet coke incident.

Our local maritime museum does a fundraiser every couple of years where they serve the last dinner on the Titanic. Everyone dresses up and is matched to a passenger, after dinner you find out if you survived or not. 

21 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Our local maritime museum does a fundraiser every couple of years where they serve the last dinner on the Titanic. Everyone dresses up and is matched to a passenger, after dinner you find out if you survived or not. 

What is the name of your maritime museum? I need details. This sounds like fun to me. :)

I went to the Titanic museum, I believe it was in Chicago. They also give out passenger cards, and at the end you get to see if you live or die. Well, in my case, my entire family got the cards of the Allison family. They were the famous first class passengers who died because their nanny had taken the baby boy from his room without telling anybody. The family searched for the lost child until it was too late for all of them. I know, I know, I'm a Titanic nerd. Anyways, at the beginning of the museum, I told my entire family that their people all died, even though we all had first class passengers. I also explained why. My brother was so pissed at me. He said I ruined the ending for him because I was a crazed Leonardo DiCaprio Titanic fan. #neverletgo

2 hours ago, Jucifer said:

I'm kind of a nerd about antique recipes. I've read that president Lincoln liked to bake cookies. :)  I had links to his recipes, recreated by foodie historians on my old phone (that I killed in a tragic diet coke accident).

I need to find those recipes again. My favorite brownie recipe is about 100 years old. :)

Out there on the interwebs there are all kinds of historical recipes.  I even came across ones for the first class dinner served on the Titanic the night it sank... again lost to the diet coke incident.

I'm fascinated by weird recipes from the 50s and 60s too.  I would never try to recreate those.  Better to read about them than to eat them. ;)

It's fun reading, though.  If you're interested try googling the gallery of regrettable food. ;)

Have you seen the show A Taste of History? You would probably like it

On 5/17/2016 at 8:46 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Could Jill be pregnant and that is why the frequent trips? Haven't been following too closely, so I have no idea.

I'm guessing Derrick is pulling Jill further and further away from Duggar land and JB is trying to keep his hooks in them. 

46 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Have you seen the show A Taste of History? You would probably like it

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out. :)

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I went to the Titanic museum, I believe it was in Chicago. They also give out passenger cards, and at the end you get to see if you live or die. Well, in my case, my entire family got the cards of the Allison family. They were the famous first class passengers who died because their nanny had taken the baby boy from his room without telling anybody. The family searched for the lost child until it was too late for all of them. I know, I know, I'm a Titanic nerd. Anyways, at the beginning of the museum, I told my entire family that their people all died, even though we all had first class passengers. I also explained why. My brother was so pissed at me. He said I ruined the ending for him because I was a crazed Leonardo DiCaprio Titanic fan. #neverletgo

I have been to a few Titanic Museums ( Vegas, Pigeon Forge) We were given cards too, I survived both times somehow in the same lifeboat. 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing Derrick is pulling Jill further and further away from Duggar land and JB is trying to keep his hooks in them. 

Pull Derrick, Pull!! Thanks to him they have at least attended a worldly wedding and he took her to see the play Cinderella. Maybe thanks to him maybe Jillymuffin has seen some other movies than the Kendrick scammers.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived