IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only has she lost the bug-eyes, she's also not frizzed her hair eighties-style for once! 

It's Mechelle that makes this pic seem 'normal', btw. Jim Boob still looks like a douchey ass...

I have a theory about the bug eyes. It has no basis on anything other than my own anecdotal evidence.

I wonder if this is counteracting looking dead in the eyes. When you're doing public speaking you have to look engaged with your audience or else you lose their interest. And if you're acting and you're not really engaged in your audience, it might show in your eyes. So instead, to show importance, you raise your eyebrows and then open your eyes a little wider and widER and WIDER until you get the bug eyes we see so often.

Did anyone see the new Krispy Kreme promotion? Now you have to BUY a dozen donuts and dress like a superhero. i wonder if they changed this because of ppl like the Duggars.

As far as Jackson getting lost in the airport, Jim Bob and Michelle were both there.It isn't only Michelle's place to comfort and nurture the kids. Yet the kids don't seem to have a bond with either of them. JIm Bob and Michelle act like they never knew how to handle the younger kids without sister moms.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:43 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

That's terrible!! Word cannot express how glad I am that I wasn't alive back then and today mental illnesses can be treated.

You have to admit there is still discrimination and negative attitudes toward the mentally ill, and some but I don't know anyone who would pay a fee to mock them nowadays.

6 hours ago, roddma said:

Did anyone see the new Krispy Kreme promotion? Now you have to BUY a dozen donuts and dress like a superhero. i wonder if they changed this because of ppl like the Duggars.

As far as Jackson getting lost in the airport, Jim Bob and Michelle were both there.It isn't only Michelle's place to comfort and nurture the kids. Yet the kids don't seem to have a bond with either of them. JIm Bob and Michelle act like they never knew how to handle the younger kids without sister moms.

It may have been thanks to many people like the Duggars, but not because of them. A deal like that seems too easily exploited, especially if you don't have to spend money but do something to get the item.

I'm of the opinion that the more children you have, despite your level of resources, lessons the amount of time you have to bond and form a relationship that is one-on-one with your child. Both my father and my husband's father are one of 8, and I think they turned out fine. However when you get to exponential numbers like 19-- it doesn't matter how much money you have, you can't buy time. The sad thing is that it doesn't even seem like JB and Michelle tried to fight or mollify this. The big families that my hub and I are descended from had many kids for religious reasons as well-- devout Catholicism. But when my grandparents had kids they saw kids and not dollar signs. I don't think JB has seen a child for a long time. Just $$.

I remember the episode when Jackson was lost in the airport. I was pretty horrified.

I love Krispy Kreme and fortunately do not live near one. 

5 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

It may have been thanks to many people like the Duggars, but not because of them. A deal like that seems too easily exploited, especially if you don't have to spend money but do something to get the item.

I'm of the opinion that the more children you have, despite your level of resources, lessons the amount of time you have to bond and form a relationship that is one-on-one with your child. Both my father and my husband's father are one of 8, and I think they turned out fine. However when you get to exponential numbers like 19-- it doesn't matter how much money you have, you can't buy time. The sad thing is that it doesn't even seem like JB and Michelle tried to fight or mollify this. The big families that my hub and I are descended from had many kids for religious reasons as well-- devout Catholicism. But when my grandparents had kids they saw kids and not dollar signs. I don't think JB has seen a child for a long time. Just $$.

Exactly correct. How does having another one and another one, year after year, decade after decade, just because you can, make each one MORE special? I never got the math in the Duggars' equation. IMO, after a certain healthy number (common sense is huge here), for some couples that number might be 1 and for others 4, but rest assured, based on time and money, no sane couple's number is 19, 20 or 50- sorry, at some point, each additional child is less special. I think the Duggars crossed that threshold after #4-

I wonder...when Josh was supposedly confessing his "inappropriate touching" to his parents, did he first have to make an appointment via the sign-up sheet?  What about the girls? 

IMO, any delays (from when an appointment may have been made to the day/time of the appointment) would have given the kids time to change their minds about bringing up an uncomfortable subject; e.g., wait and see if it happens again, etc.  And this would obviously not be conducive to getting the problem resolved.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Exactly correct. How does having another one and another one, year after year, decade after decade, just because you can, make each one MORE special? I never got the math in the Duggars' equation. IMO, after a certain healthy number (common sense is huge here), for some couples that number might be 1 and for others 4, but rest assured, based on time and money, no sane couple's number is 19, 20 or 50- sorry, at some point, each additional child is less special. I think the Duggars crossed that threshold after #4-

Humpers talk about the $$ the Duggars made before or after the show, but as said it doesnt compensate for lack of parental attention. There's no way Boob and Jchelle can spend equal time with that many kids , though they claim to spend more time with 19 as parents spend with 2.   Madonna felt like she didn't get enough attention as one of six.

BTW It's the year anniversary of the first Josh scandal.

47 minutes ago, roddma said:

BTW It's the year anniversary of the first Josh scandal.

I feel we ought to do something to commemorate the event.  What would be appropriate?

Fireworks? 

Black armbands?

A group reading of the police report?

A blog about "Where were you when you first heard?"

Barbecue?  Beer?

Brain bleach?

:my_huh:

....... Beer.:beer:

Cheers, y'all!

8 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

A blog about "Where were you when you first heard?"

Honestly, I went from shock that it was something as serious as molestation (I thought JB and Michelle's homophobia would do it someday) to being somewhat... I'm not sure the right word, but I guess satisfied because I had always known that there was something about that family that wasn't right and I was sick of people saying, "So they're religious, what's the big deal?" Even when I pointed out the robocalls Michelle had made it didn't seem like people cared. And looking back I feel sad because after all the awful things that JB and Michelle put their kids through and what was done, people still don't care or would rather explain it away. We still have way too many leghumpers.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree and I remember arguing this point with someone with 6 children who was highly offended I would assume the Duggars couldn't give enough attention to all their children since she also had a large family and was able to give her kids enough attention. I was like, take your six kids, times that by THREE and add one more and you've got the Duggars. There are large families, and then there's the Duggars. Your family with 6 kids is way closer to my family of 2 kids than the Duggars with 19. There just aren't enough hours in the day. 

Well, my recollection of this momentous occasion may be a bit different than the rest ...

Early spring of 2015, a Bill Gothard leg-humper friend from long ago found out I was going to be visiting family within 2 hours of Duggarville.  So she invited me to meet her there and be a "Duggar for the Day."  Dear hubby wasn't overly enthused about the detour but grudgingly agreed.  I had some misgivings, to be sure, but my curiosity was going to win the battle.

For the record -- I could not be there on a TLC filming day.  I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.  They wanted to check my social media accounts before I was approved to visit.  While there, I would have to turn over over my smart phone except for approved photo ops.  Oh, and I had to meet their modesty standards while visiting.  Plus I would be given arrival and departure times.

I'd already decided I wanted to focus my time and attention on Grandma Duggar, Jinger, and Joy.  (Knowing everyone else was too far into the kook-aid.)  My friend "Mrs. Always Joyfulness" was really pressuring me to believe that "ATI really had a bad rap" from when we knew each other in a previous life. As the weeks counted down, the cognitive dissonance kicked in and my spidey-sense was on full alert.

Just a few days before the scandal broke, our travel plans changed (much to my relief), giving me an "out" with Joyfulness and the whole scenario.  I can't IMAGINE how the whole shitshow would have played out/gone down with strangers on the compound! :o  I also owe FJ a huge debt of gratitude in this regard.  You see, while trying to do some "due diligence" in preparation for the trip, I stumbled on the glory that is all things FJ.  Which helped my brain stay upside-right.

Well, imagine my level of Gobsmacked-ness when FJ broke the news.  Needless to say, Mrs. J spouted the party line in defense of Josh and everyone. Considering my own battle to be believed regarding childhood abuse and teenage rape, I told her to go to hell.  We haven't spoken since.

Spoiler

On 5/6/2016 at 10:21 PM, TheDuggarnaut said:

There are still folks hoping to coat tail off the Duggars (*Sierra*). Until their ship is completely sunk, there will still be hopefuls, albeit ones who aren't worried about being considered defiled by association. After what happened with Vision Forum and then Bill Gothard, the Duggar scandal must just be business as usual for their group.

You read my mind. Sierra was my first thought. She is quite the hanger- on-er.

Ironic how People mag turned on them for  a  bit after the first Josh Gate, now  they acct like it's all normal.

Im glad you escaped that ChickenettiLuvr. But was the friend invited to the compound?

Hi, @roddma -- If I remember correctly, I believe Mrs. Joyfulness planned to go ahead with her time at the Duggar compound.  Apparently they were all old & fast BFFs from all the years at Big Sandy.

I blocked her from all of my accounts, so I can't review history to help me remember if she was there on that fateful day.

And dear @BabyBottlePop -- a thousand poxes on you for not including the "asthma/potty" headers on your Cracked links.
Ohemmmggggg.  I haven't laughed that hard, that long, in awhile.  Oh my!!

On 5/20/2016 at 6:45 AM, Analytica49 said:

Jim-Boob is an ignorant, poorly-educated jerk, but I think he has some basic cunning.

I know a woman with exactly the same kind of personality. She hates kids though, so none of those.

Not very smart, but my she's as cunning as a sh*thouse rat. (I'm not sure if this is an Aussie saying or what not).

The kind of people that coast along and no-one really notices...

This time last year I barely remembered that the Duggars existed.  IIRC, I had watched all the early specials (mostly because they were playing when I wanted "background noise,") and I watched the occasional "and counting" episode if it came on while I was flipping the channel, but I hadn't done even that in the past couple of years.  

Then when the scandal broke, I happened to see the People issue and I was reminded of the episodes of Josh and Anna's courtship that I had seen parts of.  It was so ironic that these people who were bent out of shape if two "courting" young people did more than hold hands had a scandal involving molestation by the same young person who had spoken earnestly about saving themselves for marriage and so forth.

Anyway, that was the beginning of my Duggar-discussing habit.  I wonder if there is rehab for FJ addiction. ;)

Hi, @EmCatlyn -- I refuse to admit that I MAY need a 12-step group for my FJ "problem."

Nope.  Nuh-uh.:playful2:

I found out about the scandal from my Facebook News Feed. I remember my first thoughts were 'Holy s***, wtf is wrong with him?!' The only time before that that I had even heard of the Duggars were when my parents had Jessa's wedding on.

And if I remember right, the article mentioned this site, which is how I found all of you!

I found out about Joshgate No. 1 on here - I logged on, glanced at the front page to see what was happening and was presented with a heading that made it clear what news had broken.

My reaction? .... "Wow, I always knew there was something weird going on in that family". It wasn't surprising, it was confirmation.

:my_cry:

I was on my vacation and didn't check any social media this week. So when I came home I checked my facebook and the news appeared in the newsfeed. I logged into FJ ASAP, but everything was already way too crazy. The threads were full of information and it was too much to read it all at that time.

The same thing happened with the Ashley Madison scandal - I was also abroad without internet access. So since that time I totally lost connection to the Duggar threads. There are so many posts each day that I simply can't catch up anymore. I am always glad when some new scandal breaks loose and a nice FJler posts a summary and I don't have to read eleventy pages.

I think I found out about Joshgate 1 from here. My reaction was "shit, now all the incest jokes aren't funny anymore and I feel like an ass for thinking that Josh was awkward and douchey, but not a child molester or anything. Also, this explains so much". I knew about the rumors and rumblings long before the scandal broke, but I think that part of me honestly wished they weren't true, for the family's sake and because if they were (as they turned out to be), it meant that those girls went through something terrible, which I wouldn't wish on anyone. I had also assumed that he'd been so severely punished for doing something we'd consider normal, like looking at Playboy or masturbating. Nope.

Joshley Madison I found out from some tabloid news site (HuffPo, probably) at work. I was pretty pissed that a lot of news outlets were parroting the Duggar party line that sexually assaulting your sisters repeatedly is totes not a big deal and totally normal and they were probably being sluts and making Josh do woodworking for a while totally fixed him, so my reaction to that scandal was schadenfreude and wondering how they'd weasel their way out of this one. I also hoped that it would be the last straw for Anna, but I was wrong on that front too.

11 hours ago, roddma said:

Humpers talk about the $$ the Duggars made before or after the show, but as said it doesnt compensate for lack of parental attention. There's no way Boob and Jchelle can spend equal time with that many kids , though they claim to spend more time with 19 as parents spend with 2.   Madonna felt like she didn't get enough attention as one of six.

One of my workmates is the 4th of 6 kids. She says she felt as she had not a mother. She was a sistermom to the youngest, and the poor kid had a very very hard time when she married. In fact she felt guilty to left her little brother, because she loved him as a mom. I understand how Jenny Duggar or Callie Bates can feel about her sistermoms weddings.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived