Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

22 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

well it's happened - we are getting cooking lessons from the Seewalds 

they are sharing a recipe for couscous 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I'd put it in my mouth and swallow, which is more than I can say for your typical Cream Of Duggar recipe.

24 minutes ago, nst said:

Isn't that all Jessa has been feeding him? I remember Bin talking about her cooking that.

Not like couscous is that exotic of a food, but considering the processed crap that has been taught to Jessa, I find it surprising her go to recipe isn't macaroni and cheese or some starchy ttc variant.

I just had the thought maybe they eat couscous for "health reasons". Dear God, maybe food will be their next attempt to grift in. Imagine a Bible based health food and work out program heralded by the Seewalds-- Jessa showing how to eat yourself thin so you can keep your husband attracted enough while continuing your huge brood, and Ben will form a gym bro group that gains muscle for Christ.

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Eh, I'd put it in my mouth and swallow, which is more than I can say for your typical Cream Of Duggar recipe.

Some phrases should never be written

:brain-bleach:

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I completely agree.:eyewash::brainbleach:

Where exactly did the Duggars find a moderate friend that's going to law school? 

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I just had the thought maybe they eat couscous for "health reasons". Dear God, maybe food will be their next attempt to grift in. Imagine a Bible based health food and work out program heralded by the Seewalds-- Jessa showing how to eat yourself thin so you can keep your husband attracted enough while continuing your huge brood, and Ben will form a gym bro group that gains muscle for Christ.

At least they would be doing something that might help others. Eating healthy food and staying strong and trim is good.  Performative prayer and guilt tripping non-believers is not.

14 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

At least they would be doing something that might help others. Eating healthy food and staying strong and trim is good.  Performative prayer and guilt tripping non-believers is not.

True, however I wonder if Jessa's teaching might become borderline eating disorder directions. It's obvious those girls don't eat the junk Michelle taught them to cook, but they don't seem to know any other recipes which makes me think they probably all practice some form of disordered eating.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Why is everyone ignoring the horrifying "put in my mouth and swallow" part of this sentence? It makes everything so much worse.

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Why is everyone ignoring the horrifying "put in my mouth and swallow" part of this sentence? It makes everything so much worse.

We're blocking it our for our own mental well-being. 

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Six minutes abs!!! With Jesus!!! 

They're on their way to Central Murica again to visit Jill for her birthday tomorrow. The picture only showed Boob, Michelle and James so I don't know if the whole family have gone. Probably not because that would be too expensive if TLC isn't paying.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

They're on their way to Central Murica again to visit Jill for her birthday tomorrow. The picture only showed Boob, Michelle and James so I don't know if the whole family have gone. Probably not because that would be too expensive if TLC isn't paying.

They don't seem to have curtailed their spending before this. Maybe it's a sign TLC has stopped calling.

You know, besides the video being not especially well edited, I'm not going to snark much about their cooking. It's pretty similar to what I usually do for dinner (cut up vegetables, toss spices on vegetables, put vegetables and spice-rubbed chicken on greased roasting pan, roast for 20 minutes, make couscous while you wait for that to get done), and I can attest that it's very easy, healthy, and tasty. And The Unfortunately Named Child is adorable.

Also, couscous is the shiiiitttttttt. So easy to make, you can make tons of it at once to last a few meals, lends itself well to a variety of dishes, and it's pretty inexpensive, at least in my neck of the woods.

3 hours ago, nst said:

Does their recipe go beyond the following?

Step 1: Open package of Near East couscous.

Step 2: Follow simple instructions.

Spoiler

couscous.png

If it does, I'll give Jessa some begrudging props.

8 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Does their recipe go beyond the following?

Step 1: Open package of Near East couscous.

Step 2: Follow simple instructions.

Hide contents

couscous.png

Not signed in

If it does, I'll give Jessa some begrudging props.

Not to mention I do couscous the cheats way and boil water before hand, then pour it on the couscous and put a lid / seal on the bowl and wait 5 minutes. :)

There are healthier ways to fix Mac and Cheese, especially if you do it from scratch. 

what is up with Ma and Pa duggar going three x in the past six months to see Jill

seriously 

does money grow on trees for  these people 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Where exactly did the Duggars find a moderate friend that's going to law school? 

she is a humper pure and simple - who seems to worship Jana of all people 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

You know, besides the video being not especially well edited, I'm not going to snark much about their cooking. It's pretty similar to what I usually do for dinner (cut up vegetables, toss spices on vegetables, put vegetables and spice-rubbed chicken on greased roasting pan, roast for 20 minutes, make couscous while you wait for that to get done), and I can attest that it's very easy, healthy, and tasty. And The Unfortunately Named Child is adorable.

Also, couscous is the shiiiitttttttt. So easy to make, you can make tons of it at once to last a few meals, lends itself well to a variety of dishes, and it's pretty inexpensive, at least in my neck of the woods.

coming soon to you a you tube near you - unedited cooking lessons for  the cooks. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

and it's third time in what six months 

clearly they need storylines 

CALLING IT - storyline 

Probably is a storyline. Most of the pictures they put up on their facebook before the show aired were from things they were actually filming. Obviously because the storylines are the only 'interesting' things that ever happen in their lives. So next season, judging from facebook, Episode 1 will be Jana's gardening project. Episode 2 will be another trip to see Jilly Muffin. Oh and I forgot Episode 3 which will be Jessa cooking couscous.

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

Probably is a storyline. Most of the pictures they put up on their facebook before the show aired were from things they were actually filming. Obviously because the storylines are the only 'interesting' things that ever happen in their lives. So next season, judging from facebook, Episode 1 will be Jana's gardening project. Episode 2 will be another trip to see Jilly Muffin. Oh and I forgot Episode 3 which will be Jessa cooking couscous.

Episode 4 - Spud turns 9 months and we get more adoption talk 

Episode 5- Jinger teaches Jason to drive

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived