IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Might the life-changing announcement be that Mr. and Mrs. Yeti are staying in OMGDANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA?  [rather than coming home for good next month or so]

I'm going with either this(plus adopting while there) or that Jinger is courting.  I don't think the Seewalds need to move yet.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

He's been taught a wife should be sweet and submissive. His is not. He's probably getting crap from "prayer partners" / mentors in the cult that bitch needs to be taken down several pegs. He's figured out already that ignoring her is easiest. Slapping he could get him arrested and while, by now, that must be tempting........  Guy needs a real job. 40 hours apart a week is a GOOD thing when you are married to HER.

1. I tried to find the clip, but in the movie Calendar Girls at a WI Meeting someone goes on about cauliflower or rugs or something and Helen Mirren says [I'm probably butchering the quote] "Oh good, for a moment there I thought it'd be dull....." At this point hearing the howlers play Jerusalem on the banjo would be more interesting than anything they've shown.

2. CreationMuseumSeasonPass: Your folks.....OMG so glad there are families who could relate to my family's humor. One kid ... at a Walgreens.....PRICELESS. Cause that big ole drugstore wouldn't sell, say, diapers and a clean Onsie or anything. Brilliant.''

3. Buzzard: Oh the Humanity!  :you-rock:

I can only imagine how she talks to him when there's no extra ears, eyes or cameras around. 

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Jessa and Bin are actually going to move to the inner city for their hip hop ministry? 

Please, God no. Black people have already been through so much. Please don't put us through Benye's stupid sideways caps and Blessa's superiority complex. We have enough problems!

17 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I used to really like the show... now, it is a soap opera.  Sad to see things fall apart.  I certainly would not want my marriage's demise on TV and I feel awkward even watching the commercials.

Wow - are the little couple getting a divorce?  I hope if anyone here ever gets the chance to be on a reality tv show, they give very serious thought to how it could adversely impact their life.  I haven't watched that show for awhile, and I don't even have cable tv now, so I'm out of the loop.  May have to go Googling for awhile.

1 hour ago, Kjaerringa said:

The life changing announcement will be the Dillards are coming home. NO brainer, here.  They said they were staying 8 months, right? So that should be just about now. And I DO think that Jinger is courting...but I don't think that is the announcement. She dodges every question about describing the perfect guy, asks them to tell her their opinion, turns away from crew when asked, so as not to lie...and Jana is interested in someone, but nothing is official, and I don't think the sisters know about him.... as evidenced by her fervent 'I hope and pray not' response when told she might end up with a white collar spouse.

Wait, do you know something concrete or is this just a guess/speculation?

9 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Wow - are the little couple getting a divorce?  I hope if anyone here ever gets the chance to be on a reality tv show, they give very serious thought to how it could adversely impact their life.  I haven't watched that show for awhile, and I don't even have cable tv now, so I'm out of the loop.  May have to go Googling for awhile.

It's the Little People Big World couple that is getting divorced. The ones I had to stop watching the last few years because it was obvious how much they hated each other to the point of being uncomfortable to watch. The awesome Little Couple appears to still be going strong. 

Ben said, *mumbling & like he didn't believe it himself,* Gee, been married about a year & a half now, & already a dad." Sounds like he didn't get much say in that decision.

My guess is mommy and daddy duggar adopt. Weren't they thinking about it for awhile? Then kill and Derrick are suddenly volunteering there and the mama Carmen coffee? Wouldn't explain Jana's "I didn't see that coming" though. Hmmm. 

I do notice that she looks at the camera man a lot……… maybe there's something/someone there that she likes?!

3 hours ago, Carol said:

I am beginning to think Ben has more spine than I've given him credit for.  I wonder if some of it is in reaction to JB's humiliation of him during Ben and Jessa's courtship.  We saw him likely force the name Spurgeon on Jessa, he's going to hip hop concerts, befriending a hip hop singer.  This is totally out of Duggar territory, almost the Catholic version of mortal sin.  I don't think he is the pushover I thought he was.

My guess is that Jessa was thinking she could boss him in the marriage but it's been the opposite because Jessa has to defer to him as the head of their household.  I see her make passive aggressive digs on camera, maybe this is how she gets him back.

I don't see this marriage being very happy in the long run.  I truly hope I am wrong.

More about this...IIRC, Ben's father was publicly unhappy about the toilet cleaning JB made him do in order to "win" Jessa.  I think he wrote about it on his blog?  Ben has both his parents support and it would not surprise me if his father told him, "don't let them push you around".

Gosh, what a concept!

26 minutes ago, socalrules said:

It's the Little People Big World couple that is getting divorced. The ones I had to stop watching the last few years because it was obvious how much they hated each other to the point of being uncomfortable to watch. The awesome Little Couple appears to still be going strong. 

That'll teach me to skim posts too fast!  I'm glad it's not the Little Couple, as they have always seemed quite devoted to each other and supportive, unlike the Roloffs, who always seemed an unhappy match.

1 minute ago, Carol said:

More about this...IIRC, Ben's father was publicly unhappy about the toilet cleaning JB made him do in order to "win" Jessa.  I think he wrote about it on his blog?  Ben has both his parents support and it would not surprise me if his father told him, "don't let them push you around".

Gosh, what a concept!

Of course the Seewalds are living in obscurity without the Duggars so Ben cleaning toilets certainly increased the Seewald cache in the Fundie world.  

18 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

More like germs and ebil Catholics!

Hang in there Binny Boy. 

You know, I am almost tempted to reclaim my Catholic roots, for the simple pleasure it would bring to know I'm "doing it wrong."  But I guess being a heathen is doing it even wronger :playful2:

So, that makes:

3/15 - 1913

3/22- 1551

3/29- 1297

4/5 - 1301

4/12- 1340

4/19- 1367

4/16- 1342

Pretty stable number but I'd say half are people hate watching. 

Wow I just watched the latest episode. I'm raging at how BOOOOOORING it was! Can I have those 43 minutes of my life back?! (I did scroll a large amount though so maybe I just lost like..... 13 minutes)

2 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

The life changing announcement will be the Dillards are coming home. NO brainer, here.  They said they were staying 8 months, right? So that should be just about now. And I DO think that Jinger is courting...but I don't think that is the announcement. She dodges every question about describing the perfect guy, asks them to tell her their opinion, turns away from crew when asked, so as not to lie...and Jana is interested in someone, but nothing is official, and I don't think the sisters know about him.... as evidenced by her fervent 'I hope and pray not' response when told she might end up with a white collar spouse.

I think Jinger is too b/c whenever they ask that question (and yes I realize they play those same clips over and over again) she gives a big smile, then says "I'm not going to answer that/no comment"  The rest of them just angrily roll their eyes (JD), give a annoyed sigh (Jana), or act clueless (Joy, although she makes the cluelessness look kind of cute)

Well, I think I'm in the camp that thinks there could be a courtship, I would not be at all surprised to find out Jinger is courting.

However, having said that I also wouldn't be surprised if this entire boring, watching grass grow/paint dry, recycled footage spectacle was just a tease for ratings. It wouldn't shock me at all to find out that this HUGE 'LIFE-CHANGING' event was absolutely nothing but more hints and teases at adoption/pregnancy/courtship. The Duggar family has absolutely nothing to offer. 

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Gosh, what a concept!

I hope both of Ben's parents told him not to let JB continue to push him around. 

I think Derick is quite happy in Sintral Murica, in part because he's thousands of miles away from his putrid father-in-law.

4 hours ago, ItsAllOver said:

Just for the sake of clarity, phrases like "broken before the Lord," "I realized I was a sinner," and other general expressions of repentance are fairly standard Christianese. It's not unusual to hear preachers say something like, "Abby realized that she was a sinner during invitation last week and was so broken over her sin that she turned to the Lord," while baptizing a small child. Protestant Christians believe everyone is a sinner from a very young age and needs to realize and repent of their sins. Lying, jealousy, and disrespect to one's parents are all sins a small child could be guilty of and require the same level of guilt as robbing a convenience store. So while it may sound strange and horrible, it's a bit less like that Jinger is really feeling such an extreme self-loathing and thinks she's a truly bad person and more likely she is just using the familiar lingo because all people are dirty, rotten sinners from their birth.

Thanks for saying this! I agree with you. That speech has never been about what happened to the girls (imo). I've heard the exact same words while growing up in church. It's a way to sound super holy and humble, or whatever.:roll:

37 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Thanks for saying this! I agree with you. That speech has never been about what happened to the girls (imo). I've heard the exact same words while growing up in church. It's a way to sound super holy and humble, or whatever.:roll:

I did not grow up with that language and it really made me feel badly for her. Good to know .....it wasn't as bad as it looked I guess. She still seemed very upset. So maybe I don't really get it because I don't understand it. I think. 

30 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I ddi not grow up that language and it really made me feel badly for her. Good to know .....it wasn't as bad as it looked I guess. She still seemed very upset. So maybe I don't really get it because I don't understand it. I think. 

I understand why it startles people. I still think it's weird, I just don't think it's anything more than trying to sound really holy. 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops said:

I understand why it startles people. I still think it's weird, I just don't think it's anything more than trying to sound really holy. 

Oh......see I would never have thought that. I was taught I was an Original Sinner, but it was not expressed like that. Goodness Gwashus.

What on earth is Derick doing with that gawd-awful beard and longish, unkempt hair? Is he trying to look like an Old Testament prophet? Is he too lazy to shave or trim his hair and beard? Does it turn Jill on?

Seems to me that the Duggars always stressed neatness, with the older J-slaves cutting the hair of the boys. I can't imagine that Jim-Boob and ME-chelle approve of how Derick looks. I wonder what Jill thinks.

We've never seen a male in either the Duggar or the Bates families looking so, well, HAIRY.

And it doesn't suit him at all, imo. He just looks awful. As if he's been in the wilderness for eight months, trying to survive.

So what does it accomplish? I would think it might scare off any of the "heathens" he's supposedly trying to convert.

Derek's beard, he got tired of hearing how crooked his face is.

Two courtships :  Jinger and Lawson for TLC and Joe andTori and/or Carlin for UP.

Archived