IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

15 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

What on earth is Derick doing with that gawd-awful beard and longish, unkempt hair? Is he trying to look like an Old Testament prophet? Is he too lazy to shave or trim his hair and beard? Does it turn Jill on?

Seems to me that the Duggars always stressed neatness, with the older J-slaves cutting the hair of the boys. I can't imagine that Jim-Boob and ME-chelle approve of how Derick looks. I wonder what Jill thinks.

We've never seen a male in either the Duggar or the Bates families looking so, well, HAIRY.

And it doesn't suit him at all, imo. He just looks awful. As if he's been in the wilderness for eight months, trying to survive.

So what does it accomplish? I would think it might scare off any of the "heathens" he's supposedly trying to convert.

Derrick's appearance baffles me as well. Remember that Gothard first came to prominence as a Christian guru who would ensure that your kids wouldn't join the 1960s counterculture. Gothard's materials tell you that you can judge other people based on their appearance, and people who look "messy" are rebellious and un-Christian. He's from the school that says that beards and long hair on men are "ungodly" and that all proper Christian men should be clean cut and in conservative buttoned down  attire. I wonder what the other Duggars think about Derrick's looks, since they seem to be unable to tolerate even the slightest differences in other people. I also wonder why Derrick got interested in Jill in the first place, since he seems to want to lead a "gospel bum" lifestyle, which will become increasingly difficult with a quiver of children and a wife who is incapable of being by herself even for a few hours.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a completely shallow note, Jill and Jessa both need to stop with their husbands' haircuts.  Just allow them to go to a barbershop.  

Ben-- your FIL is not a hair model.  Step away from the Aqua Net and keep Jessa away from your hair.  

Derick-- We get it, you like to talk about Jesus to people.  But is your next thing trying to look the part?  If that's the case you have to grow your hair a lot longer.  

The long hair and the beard make him look Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

I kind of appreciate his hair and beard, because it shows that he's not a perfect little Gothard clone who has to look a certain way. Maybe he's a little more relaxed in other parts of his life, as well. We've also seen him in some pretty defrauding clothing- I think he was in a tank top and shorts when Michelle and JimBoob went down there? I know the boys wear shorts now, but showing shoulders? Someone get my smelling salts!

Also my boyfriend gets called Jesus a lot because of his hair and beard. That might influence my opinion a little.

Michelle cut Izzy's hair, which didn't look like it needed it to me. I guess one male Dillard will be toeing the Gothard line. I'm sure she was dying to get after Derick with the scissors.

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Wow - are the little couple getting a divorce?  I hope if anyone here ever gets the chance to be on a reality tv show, they give very serious thought to how it could adversely impact their life.  I haven't watched that show for awhile, and I don't even have cable tv now, so I'm out of the loop.  May have to go Googling for awhile.

Not the little couple, Bill and Jen Klein. Amy and Matt Roloff. I luv Bill and Jen, can't stand Amy and Matt and their smug children and racist views.

I forgot about Jana's 'I didn't see that coming!' quote. Huh. Maybe the SINtral Amurricans have converted Jill and Derrick to Catholicism.....

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I may just not be well versed in this but when they were reshowing the wedding stuff (AGAIN) last night she kept saying she was so unworthy. She's said that before. Jinger says "I'm unworthy."  Of what?  And how could a girl who has done NOTHING in her life outside of her parental control be unworthy?

I think it's the cult that enforces her beliefs that she is constantly unworthy

do the other girls feel that way?

clearly Jessa doesn't since she escaped to Ben 

But I really hate that "im unworthy" crap - it must be the cult 

unless DQ and Boob made them feel that way

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Ben said, *mumbling & like he didn't believe it himself,* Gee, been married about a year & a half now, & already a dad." Sounds like he didn't get much say in that decision.

Remember the old saying, Be careful what you wish for.

7 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

After watching last night's drivel, I'm thinking Jessa and Bin must have a HUGE sense of self-importance. After all, if a tv show films you doing things like counting diapers (Bin), discussing diaper changes (Bin and Jessa), taking your baby to get a passport photo (the three of them), and talking about the absence of a public wedding kiss, then clearly your lives are significant and meaningful and blessed beyond everyone else's.

Bin's revolting idea that not kissing in public would focus people's attention on their wedding ceremony is not only self-important but self-deluded. As we all know, what it actually caused was a huge amount of speculation about what they REALLY did after they ran out of the church. I know I didn't give two seconds' thought to their silly ceremony.

again I love this. They are both trying so hard to minister and prove so many points you literally need a power point example to widdle through their thoughts. 

the excuses these two give whether they don't kiss, whether they adopt or don't,whether they tell us the name or gender of the baby must get them so hot because in the end we knew what they did because Spurgeon came out of it. 

But it reeks of self indulgence

I am voting for 

either the Dillards are coming home

or

Seewalds are moving to further his ministry 

either way we are all right 

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Ben said, *mumbling & like he didn't believe it himself,* Gee, been married about a year & a half now, & already a dad." Sounds like he didn't get much say in that decision.

he said the same thing about the courting and the engagement and moving in and getting married

the boy obviously didn't get the memo that he wanted all of this 

let him stew in those juices 

Maybe Jana's 'I didn't see this coming' was just refering to Derrick's Jesus impersonation. But maybe not because she would have already been aware of that considering they constantly video chat with Jilly.

I can't rag on Derrick.  I love that his hair isn't Duggar approved.  Jill seems fine with it...even better.  The farther he can get her away from her upbringing the better.

I have never seen Derrick treat anyone with anything but respect and caring.  I am guessing he is a loving husband towards his wife and a wonderful father to Israel.  Yes, he and Jill make some parenting mistakes but I've never met a first time parent who hasn't.

No, I don't agree with his proselytizing but I see it as relatively harmless as it seems to come from his heart.  I suspect the Catholics down there secretly roll their eyes when he preaches and listen more out of kindness and good manners than anything.  And it they listen to his preaching in order to receive a free gift, more power to them.

There you have it. 

7 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Gee....... I sure wish we could crack that code ;) 

(Of course it'll turn out to be nothing to do with adoption, but that's the misdirection for you)

I'll bet $5 it's not in the least bit 'life changing'

If it was "life-changing" to become "missionaries" maybe it is "life-changing" to decide to come home.

1 hour ago, Kjaerringa said:

I forgot about Jana's 'I didn't see that coming!' quote. Huh. Maybe the SINtral Amurricans have converted Jill and Derrick to Catholicism.....

Oh God. That is a show I would watch. 

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Unworthy of happiness, of love, of friendship.  I remember a video that Bin posted a while ago of Jinger talking about how she was "saved."  She has done SO MANY bad deeds, she's a sinner.  She was "broken" before god... a sinner at the age of 6... she sees people on the street and knows that they are hurting.

Bin is such a dumbass, BTW. 

1.  Is being saved by grace the same thing as being saved by faith?

2.  Did the two of them want to jump each other's bones?

3.  Why did Bin "interview" Jinger and not Jana or Joy?

They are idiots.

30 minutes ago, Carol said:

I have never seen Derrick treat anyone with anything but respect and caring. 

He did try and run over a cat with a sled.

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Only Jesus is perfect all the time... 

12 minutes ago, gustava said:

1.  Is being saved by grace the same thing as being saved by faith?

2.  Did the two of them want to jump each other's bones?

3.  Why did Bin "interview" Jinger and not Jana or Joy?

They are idiots.

1. I think Saved by Grace means being saved 

2. OMG disgusting - Jinger is not that desperate

3. Because Joy or Jana would not put up with his righteous bullshit and would just stare at him while Jinger really believes that Ben is a minister and that she is not worthy and HE USES THAT imo 

they are beyond idiots - they are in a cult that sacrifices everyone's soul - I think 

Mrs Seewald Junior is in the new issue of US weekly 

she says she will raise Spurgeon different than her mother

It's a promotion for the BIG LIFE CHANGING SEASON FINALE 

15 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I saw that.  I love, love, love cats, have owned several.  Actually wrote a book about my cat, Velcro.  That said, I didn't think that cat was in any danger.

19 minutes ago, nst said:

1. I think Saved by Grace means being saved 

2. OMG disgusting - Jinger is not that desperate

3. Because Joy or Jana would not put up with his righteous bullshit and would just stare at him while Jinger really believes that Ben is a minister and that she is not worthy and HE USES THAT imo 

they are beyond idiots - they are in a cult that sacrifices everyone's soul - I think 

Mrs Seewald Junior is in the new issue of US weekly 

she says she will raise Spurgeon different than her mother

It's a promotion for the BIG LIFE CHANGING SEASON FINALE 

Is US Weekly on the news stand.....or did you see it online?

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is US Weekly on the news stand.....or did you see it online?

Us weekly comes out on Thursday but i saw it on USweekly.com

Whatever, its useless fluff and not worth the click

"There will be variations with little things here and there, but I know that our foundational goals remain the same — to raise our kids to love God and be a blessing to others," continues the Arkansas-based reality-TV mainstay, who welcomed Spurgeon with husband Ben Seewald in November 2015.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jessa-duggar-ill-raise-spurgeon-differently-from-my-upbringing-w204417

She's going to raise her kids to love God and be a blessing to others? What kind of blessings to others are Jessa and Bin? Good grifters, maybe.

Archived