IGNORED

Willis Family including rape charges

MoonFace

Ok, I'm back with the full concert review! Apologies for the three day delay - a couple of minor life matters (work, family...) got in the way of my FJ time - bah! :my_dodgy:

First off, the concert was GORGEOUS. I loved it from start to finish. They are some seriously talented musicians and singers, there's no doubt about that, but what impressed me more was how relaxed they were and how much banter they had with each other and with the audience. Of course it's possible some of it is scripted, but there's a certain amount that couldn't be, because it was a reaction to what was going on in the room. And they were witty and relaxed and even a little cheeky with the crowd - all good!

Jennifer and Jet mainly did lead vocals with Jair and Jazz (the 14 y.o) singing a few. I have to say, I didn't miss Jessica in the slightest. I think the smugness quotient was reduced with her not being there!

Corey was there and came on stage with his mandolin for a few in the middle. I had actually spotted him and Jet much earlier, before the show started, they were just standing in a corner and chatting but you could see they were having a giggle and very much enjoying themselves. So I'm giving the double thumbs up to Jorey (works better than Ceanette...), they seem to have craic.

The little kids came on and danced a little but the stage was very small and there wasn't a lot of room for anything much. I thought it was amusing that they stuck to American swing dancing and didn't do any Irish dancing - it's been said here before and I agree that their Irish dancing isn't really all that fantastic by Irish standards. But their swing dancing was great and got a huge reaction from the crowd.

The audience was massively into the performance and I think the Williseseseses really loved that and fed off it - the atmosphere really was rocking! I came out high as a kite and was still buzzing the next day! 

The only bum note for it for me was Mom, and I genuinely can't decide if that's because she really triggered my antenna or if I'm just over paranoid about controlling mothers after everything I've read here. But there was something about her I couldn't warm to - she got on stage at the beginning and the end of the show to speak and I met her afterwards on the merch stand. So my contact was minimal and I can't put my finger exactly on why, but I didn't luuuurve her...

Ooverall though a great night, and I'd highly recommend.

Oh sweet lord, have I just turned into a leg-humper??!! AAAARRRRRRRGH!!!! :smiley-signs131:

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for this report!  I didn't know Jessica left the group - good for her!   She's 24.  Hope she has her own little place and is enjoying life!   (Maybe she should give Jana Duggar a call and see if she wants to be roomies for a while)   The way it sounded in the family conversation was that Daddy wanted everyone on the family compound forever.  But he was graciously  going to build some cabins for them there.  One day.

And I hoped they put on a great show - sounds like they do!   Thank you again.  

From what I understand from researching, Jessica has not left the band per se, just taking a backseat roll instead. She seems to be with them for a few big performances (she was with them when they were in Ireland again last month) but otherwise she stays at home doing her own thing. No word on whether or not she's moved out though, no one seems to really know but I would assume she's still living at home.

Thanks for this.  I was very interested in how the band dynamic would shift with out Jessica, it sounds like that was not a problem at all.

@JermajestyDuggar -- to be fair, for about 15 years straight, wasn't every third baby boy named Jackson? (Maybe just in my corner of the universe...)

Britney Spears' sister (Jamie Lynn?) is going to apparently have a series/show on TLC. I saw a blurb about it last night, & I suddenly realized that she could be a long-lost Willis Clan family member. And she's also got something musically going on, too.

3 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Britney Spears' sister (Jamie Lynn?) is going to apparently have a series/show on TLC. I saw a blurb about it last night, & I suddenly realized that she could be a long-lost Willis Clan family member. And she's also got something musically going on, too.

I don't know if it's going to become a full-time show, or if it was a one-time special. I watched it last nigh. It was good, but it was very reminiscent of "Amy Duggar Goes o Nashville". Kind of the same premise - gotta record, gotta write, gotta sing the songs live for the first time. Though it was nice to see he whole family involved in cheering her on - I'm a huuuuge Britney Spears fan.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:16 AM, MorningMist said:

From what I understand from researching, Jessica has not left the band per se, just taking a backseat roll instead. She seems to be with them for a few big performances (she was with them when they were in Ireland again last month) but otherwise she stays at home doing her own thing. No word on whether or not she's moved out though, no one seems to really know but I would assume she's still living at home.

Thank you for my laugh for the day.  I know you meant role, but I have the mind of a 14 year old.

4 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Thank you for my laugh for the day.  I know you meant role, but I have the mind of a 14 year old.

i noticed 'roll' vs. 'role'  but I didn't get it until i read your post.  that's too funny!!!1!

18 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Gosh, I've been hoping no one noticed it... I can't edit it so I was just hoping for the best. Damn you meddling kids.

• 1 month later...

Willis update: Their rental house has been sold and they have decided to live in the bus for the rest of the year since they said they would only have 14 days when they were not touring. If Jessica wasn't already living alone, she definitely is now (such scandal!).

They are producing their own season 3 but I doubt it will be on TLC, I got the impression from one livestream that there were contract disagreements especially in regard to accessibility (they are real big in Ireland, Australia and the Netherlands). Toby mentioned that they were in talks with a few companies about when and where it will be broadcast (maybe UP will snatch them up).

41 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

Willis update: Their rental house has been sold and they have decided to live in the bus for the rest of the year since they said they would only have 14 days when they were not touring. If Jessica wasn't already living alone, she definitely is now (such scandal!).

They are producing their own season 3 but I doubt it will be on TLC, I got the impression from one livestream that there were contract disagreements especially in regard to accessibility (they are real big in Ireland, Australia and the Netherlands). Toby mentioned that they were in talks with a few companies about when and where it will be broadcast (maybe UP will snatch them up).

Why the hell does TLC drop them and keep the Duggars? Not that either deserve a show, but the mental gymnastics are kind of amazing!

On 8/2/2016 at 8:42 AM, Buzzard said:

Why the hell does TLC drop them and keep the Duggars? Not that either deserve a show, but the mental gymnastics are kind of amazing!

Duggars will suck up and bend over backward to keep TLC with them.  The Willis will be difficult and want things/object to being portrayed like freaks.

I think I heard they are playing at a local county fair this weekend. I'm tempted to check it out. County fairs can be fun.

Well shucks. They are playing at the county fair, but they are playing tomorrow and it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow. Not what I want to be doing for my 19th wedding anniversary! 

So Jessica has her own instagram and turns out she has a boyfriend. His name is Sean Fisher and according to his feed this has been going on for a year and a half at least. That's not really how the Willis' are supposed to "date", no? Also they seem to be currently on vacation in Vermont together. Where are the chaperones???

He is not being followed by the family instagram, I wonder if there is more to this story.

Does anyone remember on the first season of their show, there was a preview of Jessica talking about a guy she really likes and that story was never picked up? I think that was Sean, the dark hair seems to match up.

SO...we have another singing family living in an RV?   At least there isn't much green eye shadow going around in this one.

Good for Jessica!   I didn't think she'd be 'allowed' to do that, live alone and date like a real person, including vacationing with her boyfriend of over a year and a half.  Despite the fact she's - what 24?   GOOD for her.    Good role model for the rest of them, I hope.  

1 hour ago, faraway said:

So Jessica has her own instagram and turns out she has a boyfriend. His name is Sean Fisher and according to his feed this has been going on for a year and a half at least. That's not really how the Willis' are supposed to "date", no? Also they seem to be currently on vacation in Vermont together. Where are the chaperones???

Have the Willis' ever done chaperones though? To the Duggar/Bates extreme anyway. I can't recall any sneaking in on Jeanette and Cory (I wouldn't count that trip to the awards show, Jenny and Jair seemed to only go because it wasn't local and it was their first date) and I can't bare to watch back the Jair and whatever his fiancée was called to check, it's just so awkward considering how it ended up. They seem to be the type that like chaperones until they trust the other person and then they don't really care.

The Willis Clan don't even follow Jessica on instagram so read into that as you want. My money is on they just haven't got round to it yet. They all seem really close to Jessica still, so I don't think there's been much of a falling out. 

Although I do love a big of Drama and if that's the case then :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

The Willis Clan don't even follow Jessica on instagram so read into that as you want. My money is on they just haven't got round to it yet. They all seem really close to Jessica still, so I don't think there's been much of a falling out. 

Yes, they follow her public instagram and her private one as well.

I'm not sure about the chaperones, I know Jenny was there when Jair proposed to that girl, but maybe she was just the photographer. I don't know if Jeanette goes to visit Cory on her own... I had the impression all of that stuff happens around their family.

9 minutes ago, faraway said:

Yes, they follow her public instagram and her private one as well.

My detective skills are shocking! haha. I searched them on her instagram and they didn't come up as following her... maybe I spelt it wrong.

ETA: I just did it the other way around and you're right oops.

ETA 2: Just scoured his instagram and he has definitely hung around this Willis' and been in their house at lot. Damn, I was hoping that she just ran off with someone - now that would make good tv.

The Willis family - to my knowledge - has never stated courting rules ala Duggars and Bateseses.  I think they said they don't call it dating but didn't really have rules (I could be wrong).  I think Jenny was at proposal to photograph.  

They are pretty obsessed with purity so I'm sure there are rules, even if haven't heard about them. I find a vacation with the bf and such a long relationship without engagement (that we know of) definitely odd for their world. I doubt the parents are loving this situation, they sheltered their kids like crazy.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I just read but can't copy to here that the Willis Dad was arrested for rape of a child....supposedly 12 years ago. Sad for the children. 

I made a topic about this with the link. I was honestly not that shocked. 

• samurai_sarah featured and unfeatured this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived