IGNORED

Willis Family including rape charges

MoonFace

Did you ever notice that the Bates, Duggar, and Willis families all have a Jackson? 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did you ever notice that the Bates, Duggar, and Willis families all have a Jackson? 

I didn't notice the Jackson Willis, but I believe it.

I did notice that the Duggars and Bates both have a Josie. Though they definitely pronounce it differently. The Bates say Jozee but the Duggars say Josee.

Both Michelle and Kelly lost babies that they named Jubilee.

1 minute ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I didn't notice the Jackson Willis, but I believe it.

I did notice that the Duggars and Bates both have a Josie. Though they definitely pronounce it differently. The Bates say Jozee but the Duggars say Josee.

Both Michelle and Kelly lost babies that they named Jubilee.

I didn't know Kelly had a loss she named Jubilee. 

Duggars and Willis also both have Joy-Annas, Jedidiahs (referred to as Jedi for the Willis family) and Jeremiahs (Jair in the Willis family).

However, the Willis family scores a coup in that they have a Juliette (Julie) which we all know JB really really wanted to name a daughter.  

(Obviously names do not baffle me)

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Duggars and Willis also both have Joy-Annas, Jedidiahs (referred to as Jedi for the Willis family) and Jeremiahs (Jair in the Willis family).

However, the Willis family scores a coup in that they have a Juliette (Julie) which we all know JB really really wanted to name a daughter.  

(Obviously names do not baffle me)

Do we know why Michelle always vetoed Julie? So odd. It's not a bad name. 

I've never liked how close some of the duggar names are. It seems terribly confusing. 

Joseph, Josie, Josiah all start exactly the same way. Not to mention Joy-Anna, Jana, and Johannah all sound similar when said quickly.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She had two losses, actually. Jewel and Jubilee. Someone linked to the their old blog archives in Quiverfull of Bateseses, and reading their posts is how I found out about the losses/names.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it was the name of someone from her past that she had problems with? Someone she *gasp* never forgave. Or she forgave but didn't forget and didn't want to associate her kids with that name. Just speculating, of course, but that's the reason I'd veto a name over and over again. And we know JB can't take a hint, so no wonder why he kept suggesting it.

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've never liked how close some of the duggar names are. It seems terribly confusing. 

Joseph, Josie, Josiah all start exactly the same way. Not to mention Joy-Anna, Jana, and Johannah all sound similar when said quickly.

When you're limiting your baby names to a single letter, most of them are going to sound similar to each other. Many names are also derivatives of other names, which also compounds the issue when all names must start with the same letter.

57 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

When you're limiting your baby names to a single letter, most of them are going to sound similar to each other. Many names are also derivatives of other names, which also compounds the issue when all names must start with the same letter.

Unfortunately I've thought a lot about this and came up with so many other J names that didn't sound just like other names. 

Like Juliette, Jacob, June, Jasper, Jarrett.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She had two losses, actually. Jewel and Jubilee. Someone linked to the their old blog archives in Quiverfull of Bateseses, and reading their posts is how I found out about the losses/names.

Kelly had four losses- Jewel, Jubilee, Zion and Sunny, although IIRC Zion and Sunny were fairly early (8 or 9 weeks)

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Jim-Bob lusted after a Julie(tte) at some point? Ex girlfriend? Somebody that pursued him when he already knew Michelle? Oh, I can see some drama on the horizon :) 

Please tell me these CHRISTIAN fundies named their babies Zion and Jubilee. Oy vey. Shalom to them lol

and if we need more proof of their real leanings - Look - they were on the 700 club. (it was on the list on the right of my screen while watching fall tv promos)

Thanks so much for posting the video above - The Willis Clan Season 1 aired in Ireland almost two years ago and I've been waiting patiently for the second season, but to no avail. They fascinate me - that combination of actual talent, overlayed with serious squickiness! What on earth is with the girls going on about how great their brothers' bodies are, ewwwww...... And that engagement that didn't work out basically because it might affect the family band??

I want to see a Willis courtship! Now!!

:tw_lol:

35 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Thanks so much for posting the video above - The Willis Clan Season 1 aired in Ireland almost two years ago and I've been waiting patiently for the second season, but to no avail. They fascinate me - that combination of actual talent, overlayed with serious squickiness! What on earth is with the girls going on about how great their brothers' bodies are, ewwwww...... And that engagement that didn't work out basically because it might affect the family band??

I want to see a Willis courtship! Now!!

:tw_lol:

It's aviable on Youtube (at least in the Netherlands it is)

I occasionally watch the Williseseses on YouTube. The kids are all pretty great: talented, polite, engaged. Everything the Duggars aren't. However, I find myself completely unable to get into the kids' storylines because the dad is so creepy. This man feels the urge to micromanage every damn thing and can't let anybody go for even 5 minutes. The kids are all really talented and accomplished, but you wonder if they're happy or well-adjusted or doing any of this of their own volition. The way he plays favourites and takes such obvious pleasure in managing his children's lives is kind of gross. All his contrived and ridiculous institutions (family court and having to wrestle prospective in-laws, anyone?!) are things he made up because it makes his family seem more whimsical and eccentric. I doubt any of this stuff happens when cameras aren't rolling. It's like he's playing a game of the sims. 

I thought there were supposed to be 8 episodes of the Willis Clan season 2, but it seems as though the 6th one, about moving into the new house, was the last? Very short season, and nothing special...

Not only is Dad mircomanaging but per season 1 - Dad does the high school homeschooling.  I believe Mom does through middle school (and has an education degree).  

Oh and due to season 2 - I can tell you the 700 club interview was done after they moved into the new house (a rental) so that is not an older interview with them.

On 5/13/2016 at 1:27 PM, Audrey2 said:

How is this not defrauding? Is it because only paunchy men of a certain age get to decide what is attractive and what isn't and, because they are only attracted to women, they let the men go unchecked?

(Note: I'm in a similar age range to the ones I'm calling paunchy men of a certain age, and it seems that in Fundyland, men have more freedom to age naturally while women must maintain their appearance, despite having eleventy babies. I'm not picking on most guys my age, just the ones with double standards.)

The double standard of men being "distinguished" and women being "aged"  not just in Fundyland. 

• 4 weeks later...

They are currently in Ireland and Jessica isn't with them. Corey did come along though, so looks like him & Jet are still on.

Jessica has also not been performing with them lately, she's not in any recent pictures and videos with the family. They did show a quick video of her revealing her new hair color, she's brunette now. 

If Jessica is on a break and taking some time for herself I think that's a great thing. She's like 24 and possibly never spent time on her own. I bet her controlling father did not have an easy time leaving her behind.

I'M GOING TO SEE THEM IN ATHY, CO. KILDARE TONIGHT AND I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

(Apologies for the shouting but I just can't wait!!! Real life fundies, coming to a venue near me!!!!)

Full report tomorrow obvs :my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

(Apologies for the shouting but I just can't wait!!! Real life fundies, coming to a venue near me!!!!)

Full report tomorrow obvs :my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

I was speed-reading a little too much:  I initially read the bolded as Athy, Colorado (not County Kildare), and thought you were travelling......oops!!

Oh Carrie, that's exciting. You have to report back!

I find some of their music pretty good, but Jessica definitely carried a lot of it with her great voice. The others just aren't on the same vocal level. I watched their Facebook chat with Jet & Jenny and they said Jessica is taking a break from the band and nobody knows for how long, it sounded like she might be done with it for good.

2 hours ago, faraway said:

Oh Carrie, that's exciting. You have to report back!

I find some of their music pretty good, but Jessica definitely carried a lot of it with her great voice. The others just aren't on the same vocal level. I watched their Facebook chat with Jet & Jenny and they said Jessica is taking a break from the band and nobody knows for how long, it sounded like she might be done with it for good.

I think that's healthy, though. She may want to do something different for awhile, or she may just be tired of constantly being around he family. It's good that the parents are letting her.

I think that's healthy, though. She may want to do something different for awhile, or she may just be tired of constantly being around he family. It's good that the parents are letting her.

I completely agree! In the last episode of the show she mentioned that she was wanting to tour less and work more on her songwriting and I'm glad she had the strength to do what she wanted. It must have been hard for her at first as literally everything she knew (family/job/normality...) was in that band.

On 16 June 2016 at 2:55 AM, IrishCarrie said:

I am interested in how the dynamic changes without Jessica.  Did the concert flow well?

I think in early shows the family was run almost in a military way by the Dad ( the kids have call signs).  In the last episode of the show Jess stated that she wanted to tour less and write more.  I am glad she is getting the opportunity to do this.  I don't know if she would have had the chance to do this without the show and the Dad being filmed giving the adult children the opportunity to express their wishes.

• samurai_sarah featured and unfeatured this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived