IGNORED

Willis Family including rape charges

MoonFace

for the end of the Duggars by getting The Willis Clan?

Just watching this and one of them makes a point about saying people want to know if they "are weird and not allowed to date" The mother says they are making sure that their kids meet others in social situations so that they can meet as many people they possibly can and there are potential spouses in their lives.

Can you imagine the Duggar boys without shirts? The girls in jeans? SHORTS???

Is this family 'normal' or is there going to be revelations that will happen to make them another object for snarking?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that they are a more mainstream and more normal version of the duggars. After watching last night's show, I think there is a lot of baggage in the dad's emotions about losing his siblings to that car fire and it prompting him to have a HUGE family. It seems that they are using a real homeschool curriculum and the kids seem very well spoken and quite bright. The music stuff seems forced on the whole family, but other interests like dancing, wrestling, horses, etc are also allowed and encouraged. They seem well off and may be using the TLC money to rebuild their home.

I can definitely see TLC dropping the duggars in favor for this family if a terrible duggar scandal is revealed.

Duggars were at record ratings for the weddings. These births/weddings could keep going for years and years.

Duggars were at record ratings for the weddings. These births/weddings could keep going for years and years.

OH GAG! How many times can they show the zillions of volunteers getting ready for the wedding and more blurry births before people get sick of it? Just watch reruns on Youtube!

I wondered about that too. I went on their website, and wondered if any of their kids could potentially be good for the Duggar offspring. Well, they dance so that's a potential roadblock. I guess that answers the question of if they're courtship minded, or if their adult sons and daughters are allowed to do anything other than the family business/ministry. Like go to college/university, work a different job, move out on their own, or even go out with friends without a sibling chaperone. But probably because of the pants-wearing females, dancing, and different genres of music, they don't seem like ATIers. Except that they're all their kids and the dad doesn't have a beard.

Record high for the weddings, sure I can see that. However the last two weeks have been boring as fuck with Monday's 3 hour birthing fest pure mindless torture. I can't see them holding onto the general public and the leg humpers (who will watch anything that feature the Duggars) aren't enough. Once Jill and Jessa have their babies (and the People covers start featuring other "celebrities") do you think the ratings will stay high? We all know how repetitive and boring the usual episodes are so I'm going to say "No" unless something really big happens. I don't think Josiah's wedding is going to be enough.

Record high for the weddings, sure I can see that. However the last two weeks have been boring as fuck with Monday's 3 hour birthing fest pure mindless torture. I can't see them holding onto the general public and the leg humpers (who will watch anything that feature the Duggars) aren't enough. Once Jill and Jessa have their babies (and the People covers start featuring other "celebrities") do you think the ratings will stay high? We all know how repetitive and boring the usual episodes are so I'm going to say "No" unless something really big happens. I don't think Josiah's wedding is going to be enough.

I would stick around to see Josiah's, if only because Marjorie or whatever-her-name-is is an entirely different woman from Anna, and I think the first "real" Duggar boy's wedding could be interesting. I say real because I see Marjorie being far more Pinterest-and-trendy than Anna.

That said, I won't watch after that. I didn't stick around for Jill's birthing nonsense and I agree that a lot of people won't either.

I wondered about that too. I went on their website, and wondered if any of their kids could potentially be good for the Duggar offspring. Well, they dance so that's a potential roadblock. I guess that answers the question of if they're courtship minded, or if their adult sons and daughters are allowed to do anything other than the family business/ministry. Like go to college/university, work a different job, move out on their own, or even go out with friends without a sibling chaperone. But probably because of the pants-wearing females, dancing, and different genres of music, they don't seem like ATIers. Except that they're all their kids and the dad doesn't have a beard.

I get the feeling they don't court, but they date with a purpose as the Bates would say.

anyone else notice how compete opposite the two shows are ? ( or that the Willis got a few digs in at the duggars)

anyone else notice how compete opposite the two shows are ? ( or that the Willis got a few digs in at the duggars)

I noticed the digs. I wonder if TLC is testing the waters with them in hopes of replacing them. I firmly believe that's why United Bates of America happened. I think this will easily replace them. They're more interesting individually and as a whole, they clearly care for each other, they have more talent in one toe than all the Duggars combined, they're all attractive, they already have a wedding in the works, and they're Christian without shoving it down your throats.

I noticed it as well, right away the Willis's were saying they knew four or five families that all had J names LOL.

Hope they do replace the Duggars but idk if they are freakish enough, they might be too normal.

Granted I was tipsy when I watched The Willis Family, but I actually enjoyed the show enough to memorize the names. Hell, if they do replace them we'll still have a Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Joy Anna, Jackson, and Jennifer still on tv! :lol:

I noticed it as well, right away the Willis's were saying they knew four or five families that all had J names LOL.

Hope they do replace the Duggars but idk if they are freakish enough, they might be too normal.

I think one of the biggest digs was the moms comment about how boring their Duggar-ish wedding was and how she'd do it differently if she could.

When the Gosselins were popular they started 2 or 3 other shows with multiplies. They ran them in the ground. If they have too many giant family shows people will start to get tired of them and hopefully they will end.

When the Gosselins were popular they started 2 or 3 other shows with multiplies. They ran them in the ground. If they have too many giant family shows people will start to get tired of them and hopefully they will end.

TLC went from the giant families to the "little" families.

I think one of the biggest digs was the moms comment about how boring their Duggar-ish wedding was and how she'd do it differently if she could.

yes, this is why I like them. They represent what a big Christian family should be like *cough cough*

-also, I'm on the next episode :pink-shock: at the Opry part 6 rows from the stage ( Darius Rucker was there that night How could I NOT go ?)

At least they have skills worthy of being called entertainment.

Yea, but those families had the unfortunate reality of just not having a lot going for them. Most people watched J&K for the same reason most people watch 19KAC: the entertainment was in the train wreck. The Hayeses and the Joneses had the problem where there wasn't a train wreck and they don't really have some other form of entertainment. Likewise, the Bateses are just the Duggars rebranded with a bit more personality and a bit less of a train wreck. So, when paired against the Duggars, they don't really offer a viable competition.

But, they have successfully found new talent to replace old ones. Look at Little People Big World being replaced by The Little Couple. I can't say what attracted people to either (honestly, I don't really find either family to be remotely interesting), but I know a lot of people liked The Little Couple a lot better and found some kind of entertainment value in the family they couldn't find with Little People Big World.

I think the Willis family is similar enough to appeal to Duggar fans and entertaining enough to steal viewers and make it work for the long run.

I watched it last night and I honestly wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. It's already more interesting than 19KaC's current season. The family is close-knit without giving a cult vibe and they seem to know how to have a good time. Hmm.....if I was JB I would be sweating. I have a feeling the courtship-wedding-baby formula will run dry fast and it'll be as boring, if not more, than the dentist episodes they used to do. Unless Jana(a big fan favorite) gets married soon, 19KaC might just turn into yearly specials a la Kate plus 8. Worst case scenario would be TLC giving each married couple a spin-off show. :disgust:

I just thought of something, is the Willis clan Catholic? They talk about their Irish roots on their blog, they dance Irish step, and their music sounds influenced by Irish folk. Wouldn't it be poetic if the ebil Catholics knocked the holier than thou Duggars out of TLC ranks?

I can't imagine any of the Duggarettes managing a spin-off, unless Jill did get that real MW training and she and Derick decided to become missionaries. The chances of that happening? Slim to none.

The only other kidlet who does anything remotely independent is JD and his personality rules out him carrying a show. Plus, I doubt he has any interest in such a lifestyle.

I just thought of something, is the Willis clan Catholic? They talk about their Irish roots on their blog, they dance Irish step, and their music sounds influenced by Irish folk. Wouldn't it be poetic if the ebil Catholics knocked the holier than thou Duggars out of TLC ranks?

baptist

If the Willis show lasts more than a season. In season 2, there should be a crossover with 19kac. I would love for the Duggars to watch the Willis kids dance. I could see the Duggars agreeing to that kind of crossover. I remember when one of the Sister Wives kids wanted to meet the Duggars. But we know the Duggars would have never agreed to it. They have done crossover stuff with Cake Boss, DC Cupcakes, and Say Yes To The Dress. We all know the Duggars would never want to meet or be around the ebil Catholic Long Island Medium, or the ebil Catholic couple Bill and Jenn from Little Couple. The Willis Clan would be the best bet for the Duggars to do another crossover.

One of my craziest fantasies and I know this sounds crazy is that the Long Island Medium Theresa actually has the gift. TLC sends Boob and Mullet to her for a reading and Theresa channels Boob's dad and tells Boob that his father is angry with how Boob has trashed him at speaking events.

Eh, seems like most on here are pro-Willis. I have to say they seem perfectly likable...BUT...I always get nervous when a family trying to peddle music/entertainment of some sort, regardless of talent level, ends up with a reality show. Sorry. a SECOND reality show.

Say all you want about JB and J'chelle, but at the very least, their children do have some bit of practical life training (fixing/building things, managing a house). Seems to be a focus. Here we have grown adult children who are trying to make careers out of (sometimes expensive) hobbies. Do I think they're talented enough? Yes. But let's face it. It's a schtick. People maybe would have really taken to a wholesome family band back when shows like the Waltons were popular, but they'd be better off the if the older (attractive, of age) children separated and made a go.

Do the parents have any sort of jobs/income? Have we discussed that they primarily live off settlement money? Which, agreed, Dad Willis is carrying some serious baggage, as anyone who experienced such a tragedy would likely have.

I found the mom's comments about the weddings endearing on the surface, but deep down it felt as if she's trying to make up/cover up some hurts from her past, too.

I don't know, call me cynical, but you can put a more worldly veneer on a huge family with a gaggle of precious blessings, but I still see a holed-up, single-minded crew with no real grasp of reality (sound familiar?). Maybe they'll tear up the music industry and the underlings will become financially independent that way, but I don't see it happening unless one of the older girls decides to market pop music's greatest asset: the female form :roll:

If the Willis show lasts more than a season. In season 2, there should be a crossover with 19kac. I would love for the Duggars to watch the Willis kids dance. I could see the Duggars agreeing to that kind of crossover. I remember when one of the Sister Wives kids wanted to meet the Duggars. But we know the Duggars would have never agreed to it. They have done crossover stuff with Cake Boss, DC Cupcakes, and Say Yes To The Dress. We all know the Duggars would never want to meet or be around the ebil Catholic Long Island Medium, or the ebil Catholic couple Bill and Jenn from Little Couple. The Willis Clan would be the best bet for the Duggars to do another crossover.

One of my craziest fantasies and I know this sounds crazy is that the Long Island Medium Theresa actually has the gift. TLC sends Boob and Mullet to her for a reading and Theresa channels Boob's dad and tells Boob that his father is angry with how Boob has trashed him at speaking events.

There's no way the Duggars would willingly agree to hang out with the Willis family. They wear defrauding clothes, they dance, the sing music that isn't gospel music, etc. Interacting with Amy is one thing because Amy is family, but the Willises are not family and their kids are not a "good match" for Duggar children.

• samurai_sarah featured and unfeatured this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived