IGNORED

Willis Family including rape charges

MoonFace

This is pretty shocking to me!  He seemed reasonably ok, I didn't watch all of the episodes, just a few.  I thought that his major thing was that he had lost most of his family in an accident, so was always very grateful for his wife and kids.  Wow. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for the victim.  Plus his family are victims as well in a way.

I wonder how this will affect their tour?  They may need to hire a sound guy.

The article I read said he left the state to escape the law, that was bad.  Now he will be held without bail.

I always felt he was a bit Captain von Trapp in a way with the early show had hin lining the kids up and them responding to call signs.  A bit military.

Random thoughts, sorry. Not very concise.

Oldest daughter Jessica's Instagram is dark and the family Instagram just went private less than an hour ago. Surprised it took that long. Looks like the band was on tour in AR when this all went down. 

ETA: Google tells me they were scheduled to play a show in the town where he was arrested tonight.

2 hours ago, Lipstick Pig said:

This news does not surprise me at all. That man has serious control issues. I never cared for him or the wife. Creepy vibes!

Nothing surprises me much anymore when it comes to fundie families. I was kind of fond of them in a way since they fell on the more 'normal' side as far as fundie families go. They played at a local festival and really seemed okay. Im heartbroken for his wife and kids. 

Yes. It is a devastating situation, bu
t his extreme control issues and his wife's controlling behaviors were off putting to me. They portrayed them as happy go lucky, but they were/are living an extreme lifestyle. They are talented,
But again over the top!

The recent news has floored most of the local media, no one saw this coming. I feel bad for those poor kids. 

Those poor kids will be going through hell right now, not only has their father been arrested, their career is in jeopardy. Must be tough to deal with.

Eta: Kudos to the Willis clan fans I follow on tumblr/instagram, they are handling the situation so carefully. Big difference between the Josh Duggar fans when that all came out (well from what I saw anyway).

Just saw this on Pickles. I really can't believe it, but I'm no stranger to the Willis Clan topic, and my view has always been that I've disliked the parents. The father more than the mother, though sometimes equally. He always gave off bad vibes, and he was extremely controlling. I feel for the kids.

They've deleted their website, but their Facebook page is still up.

10 hours ago, maple802 said:

ETA: Google tells me they were scheduled to play a show in the town where he was arrested tonight.

Interesting.  Not defending the guy at all, but I wonder whether he crossed state lines to avoid arrest as stated in the above linked article, or did he just happen to be out of state when sh*t went down.

58 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

How long till Jim Bob comes out and says "See!? This happens in MOST Christian families !"

If JB were smart, he'd keep his head down, and his mouth shut. So.... two more hours..

I keep waiting for this thread to explode with posts...I know my jaw hit the ground when I read about the arrest this morning.  The guy has always struck me as a controlling a-hole, but I didn't suspect anything like this.

6 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Eta: Kudos to the Willis clan fans I follow on tumblr/instagram, they are handling the situation so carefully. Big difference between the Josh Duggar fans when that all came out (well from what I saw anyway).

Whoever runs that account needs to start their own public relations firm. They have handled it so well and so respectfully. 

Also I wonder if he was just in town for a show and not trying to escape out of state. They do have money, if he was trying to run I'm sure he would've picked a place that's not listed on their website. 

But I am genuinely shocked. He seemed to have a special sensitivity to children's innocence after losing his little brothers in that car accident. I saw it coming from Josh Duggar, but not Toby. I can even see their oldest son doing something wrong. This situation is crazy. I feel for the victim and his children, who he pressured into the spotlight.

I'm certainly waiting for another shoe to drop. Police said the investigation was ongoing. I'm assuming they didn't make a deal with a record label and are still self-producing; no record label is going to let more than 24 hrs go by without a statement. It also looks like they had tour dates scheduled through September, including one where I live (DC). What a shitshow. And so awful for the kids.

Ah geez. Watching him on the show I would think to myself that he was probably such a b***ard when the cameras weren't around - but I didn't see this coming. Wonder if more victims will come forward. 

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Whoever runs that account needs to start their own public relations firm. They have handled it so well and so respectfully. 

Also I wonder if he was just in town for a show and not trying to escape out of state. They do have money, if he was trying to run I'm sure he would've picked a place that's not listed on their website. 

This Willisfans on tumblr you are on about? I've actually had to send a message to them because i've been so impressed. I think the Duggars should consider hiring them, god knows they need it ;)

I've been saying that to a lot of people too. If he was running away he wouldn't go to a place that he's literally advertised on his website about being there! I have a lot of criticisms about Toby Willis but I would not think he was that dumb.

8 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Those poor kids will be going through hell right now, not only has their father been arrested, their career is in jeopardy. Must be tough to deal with.

How exactly are they handling it? As someone mentioned above, it seems (from a quick google search) the vast majority of their online presence has either been deleted or made private. 

5 minutes ago, meep said:

How exactly are they handling it? As someone mentioned above, it seems (from a quick google search) the vast majority of their online presence has either been deleted or made private. 

The Willis family haven't said anything on the subject, I was mainly referring to the fan response. I think it may be that they have a lot of older fans because instead of it being all like 'oh my gosh he's innocent' like it was with Josh, they have mostly been sending their love to his family and stuff like that. (Obviously there is a few who have been defending him). You should go and check out Willisfans on tumblr to see what I mean, they seem to be the most vocal about it (from all the accounts I follow that is which isn't many).

40 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

The Willis family haven't said anything on the subject, I was mainly referring to the fan response. I think it may be that they have a lot of older fans because instead of it being all like 'oh my gosh he's innocent' like it was with Josh, they have mostly been sending their love to his family and stuff like that. (Obviously there is a few who have been defending him). You should go and check out Willisfans on tumblr to see what I mean, they seem to be the most vocal about it (from all the accounts I follow that is which isn't many).

Yes there is a fan tumblr page that has been active for some time. Instead of saying he's a good Christian being persecuted they're not condoning it at all. They also have been giving warning that this may trigger readers that may be victims themselves. To be such huge fans and remain objective is pretty awesome.

Just speculation, but the oldest daughter Jessica hasn't been with the family for some time now. I know she wanted to go solo and is in a relationship, but I think she has moved away from them. I wonder if she knew this was coming and wanted to keep her distance. Who knows.....

48 minutes ago, meep said:

There's a Willsfans Tumblr blog; they're handling it pretty gracefully by basically saying that yes, we're fans, but we are not uncritical, and we will present the information as it comes; we will not pass judgment on his guilt or innocence, because that is for the law to decide.

Good response, IMO. Though I know it's not how the Constitution goes, but with rape and sexual assault cases, I'm firmly in the guilty until proven innocent camp. And according to the definition of Rape of a Child (which he's been charged with), the victim was between three and thirteen years of age at the time the crime was committed. It sucks that the victim did not or could not come forward sooner. If Toby is indeed guilty, I hope he rots in jail for a nice, long time and that his family can move on without his rapist ass.

Wow, I was shocked when I heard about this earlier today. 

I've watched the show a few times, but its been awhile.  I never really cared much for the mom or the dad and I worried about the oldest son.  But I didn't think this.  Very, very sad. 

My thoughts go out to the children and certainly the victim.   

This encounter happened about 12 years ago with an underage female. Toby Willis would have already been married and had children older than her at that time
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3497554/toby-willis-of-the-willis-clan-arrested-for-one-count-of-rape-on-a-child/#2B93MptiWvcT3QLt.99

12 years ago, Jessica was 12 and Jair was 11. I have no words. I never liked him from the TV show but would not have expected this in a million years. I feel for these kids and the victim of course.

Jesus fucking christ. TLC really knows how to pick 'em. This is awful.

Also, I think this probably deserves its own topic... readers who don't follow or know who the Willises are probably won't notice activity in the Willis Family thread, but dollars to donuts people will be interested in the dad of another TLC megafamily being charged with raping an underage child. Just a thought.

• samurai_sarah featured and unfeatured this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived