IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

I just hope Jill doesn't get Zika. They are making horrible noises about it and I can't imagine she could stay there if she were pregnant, but what do i know. The people are already "saved" Jilly!!

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts about the poster on Jill's Instagram today claiming that the Dillards are backing NW Arkansas for dental appointments?

I use crunchy as a term to describe certain types of moms. I have some crunchy traits and some non-crunchy traits such as vaccinating and using disposable diapers.

I use "Crunchy" mostly as a descriptive with neutral connotations.  I don't put anti-vaxers as in the crunchy description for that reason.

Crunchy=organic, often vegetarian or vegan; low carbon foot print; health conscious. They may choose homeschooling, but that's a whole different spectrum of reasons (after all the Duggars are the anti-crunchy).  Crunchy does not mean that they aren't stylish, though it is often associated with comfortable clothing.  None of these things are crazy or life threatening.  

Many of us move in and out of crunchydom throughout our lives: I was a crunchy mother (cloth diapers, breastfeeding, made my own baby food).  Today, I'm a crunchy grandmother, but most would know me as a pretty mainstream, upper middle class adult who is a politically liberal.  I enjoy meat, leather clothing, conveniences and travel.  Mostly, I'm a boring contradiction! 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Any thoughts about the poster on Jill's Instagram today claiming that the Dillards are backing NW Arkansas for dental appointments?

That seems reasonable since I'm sure Derrick has followup appointments after surgery. They do have dentists in Central America, but it seems like it would be a good idea to have a return appointment with the same person who did the surgery so they can see his progress compared to how he was originally. Hopefully they can help with whatever realignments he badly seems to need.

I live in a latinamerican country and it can get to 35° C in the summer. I've never lived in a house with AC and have no problems with it. A fan and a cold beverage is enough to keep me comfortable.

Riding in a car without AC at noon is like torture though. I hate it!

COUGAR DANGER IN L.A.!!

Okay, so Jillrick could come to California and still be in danger....because there was a mountain lion sighting that put a school on lockdown!! On the grounds and then in a neighborhood. The mountain lion was handing out tracts and preaching twice a week. Really......(Saw it on facebook, without the tract reference. I might have made that up)

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

COUGAR DANGER IN L.A.!!

Okay, so Jillrick could come to California and still be in danger....because there was a mountain lion sighting that put a school on lockdown!! On the grounds and then in a neighborhood. The mountain lion was handing out tracts and preaching twice a week. Really......(Saw it on facebook, without the tract reference. I might have made that up)

I saw it on the news. It was huge. Do I now start talking about how dangerous it is to live in California? I guess I now shall take tips from Jill to survive the situation. I will go get a long skirt and too big t-shirt. I already have flip flops. 

24 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I saw it on the news. It was huge. Do I now start talking about how dangerous it is to live in California? I guess I now shall take tips from Jill to survive the situation. I will go get a long skirt and too big t-shirt. I already have flip flops. 

You could do the long skirt but go with an attractive shirt and be fine since you have the flip flops. I'm certain you will then be safe. 

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

COUGAR DANGER IN L.A.!!

My niece's school once had a lockdown because of a bear on the playground. There's video on youtube of a black bear who wandered inside the local high school. Y'all, I live in DANGEROUS NORTH AMERICA. It's DANGEROUS and I am bravely soldiering on. Does this mean I'm going to have to start handing out single crayons for the local children to color with?

4 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

My niece's school once had a lockdown because of a bear on the playground. There's video on youtube of a black bear who wandered inside the local high school. Y'all, I live in DANGEROUS NORTH AMERICA. It's DANGEROUS and I am bravely soldiering on. Does this mean I'm going to have to start handing out single crayons for the local children to color with?

I think you would have to see how it went with the single crayon thing.....and play it by ear. Get some flip flops. You will be fine. 

I haven't seen a bear near my house since 2012 (when the momma bear let her cubs free range on my roof). But there was a mountain lion spotted crossing the street a block from me, within the last month. There have been numerous other sightings.

I do not own flip flops. Should i invest in a pair? just to be safe?

41 minutes ago, socalrules said:

In the 70s California was supposed to 'fall into the sea'. 

Is that still a thing?  No?

Good. ;)

3 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I haven't seen a bear near my house since 2012 (when the momma bear let her cubs free range on my roof). But there was a mountain lion spotted crossing the street a block from me, within the last month. There have been numerous other sightings.

I have seen flip flops with steel tipped toes. That would be REALLY safe!!!

18 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

Good. ;)

I grew up in California and I remember hearing that in the 80s and 90s. 

1 hour ago, Jucifer said:

Good. ;)

So weird that you would mention that. Last night I had the most bizarre dream where there was an earthquake or something that was about to cause most of California to break off into the ocean. They were evacuating everyone. For some reason I was there. And the experts knew exactly where it was going to break. So we were all standing at the edge watching it happen. I was sad that Disneyland was going to be under water.

The elementary school my kids attend (or have attended) has a rattlesnake problem during the warmer months. The school is located next to an Open Space and the snakes come down to feast on the rodents that live on campus (ground squirrels mostly).

They hustle those kids away from the snakes pretty fast when they're found on the soccer field or on the playgrounds, but not to the point of a lockdown...

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

You can get them for $1.50 or so.  It is worth the investment.:kitty-wink:

17 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

You can get them for $1.50 or so.  It is worth the investment.:kitty-wink:

Buy used and save the difference! :pb_mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Jucifer said:

Good. ;)

I live steps, literally, steps from the Pacific Ocean, on the central CA coast- still here. LMFAO.

My backyard-

IMG_2263.JPG

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I live steps, literally, steps from the Pacific Ocean, on the central CA coast- still here. LMFAO.

My backyard-

IMG_2263.JPG

That makes me want to bomb that hill on my cruiser board so badly! :D

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

So weird that you would mention that. Last night I had the most bizarre dream where there was an earthquake or something that was about to cause most of California to break off into the ocean. They were evacuating everyone. For some reason I was there. And the experts knew exactly where it was going to break. So we were all standing at the edge watching it happen. I was sad that Disneyland was going to be under water.

When I was little I really believed that might happen.  ;)

I really, really love Disneyland.  If it is going to fall into the sea, I promise I will warn all you guys on FJ first. ;)

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My backyard-

IMG_2263.JPG

Sassypants, I envy you!!! :)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived