IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

49 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

We bought our house 7 years ago in a borderline sketchy area of town.  It has gotten better since then but our front and back doors each have 5 locks. :o We have 3 cars but they are all 'classics'.  This way at least one of them is running at any given time... ;)

We have more keys than D&J and it's a real pain to keep up with them!  I hate coming home with eleventy million bags of groceries and having to figure out which key goes to which lock. :P 

I am the same with my workplace. In a dodgy part of town so we have doors wired to the phones, locks, CBUS controls you name it... and we still get broken into. :(

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am the same with my workplace. In a dodgy part of town so we have doors wired to the phones, locks, CBUS controls you name it... and we still get broken into. :(

Many of our neighbors have been broken into.  It's never happened to us, I think, because we have 3 dogs who bark their heads off when they hear someone at the door.

I think thieves must look at their jobs like the rest of us do- the simplest way is best.  If they have to deal with dogs it's just not worth it. :)

15 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

Many of our neighbors have been broken into.  It's never happened to us, I think, because we have 3 dogs who bark their heads off when they hear someone at the door.

I think thieves must look at their jobs like the rest of us do- the simplest way is best.  If they have to deal with dogs it's just not worth it. :)

I am trying to float the idea of an office pooch - 3/4 of the way there!!!

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She wanted diapers? Thought Izzy was cloth diapered?

Stop insisting that they maintain an idea through a storyline.  They're just not capable of not lying

On 4/17/2016 at 2:18 PM, ksgranola1 said:

I don't think they are trying to convert Catholics. They are looking for the "unchurched."

Our church group left for Appalachia this morning.  They take tools, basic food stuffs,

and clothing. last trip they fixed a porch for an elderly couple. There was a huge hole in the floor & the husband, in his 80's just wasn't up to it. The fixed a cpl of roofs, too. They dug a well & last fall,helped a mother put up some tomato sauce for the winter. Included in the trailer of stuff was also several cases of mason jars. Now they will help then turn over a garden .

That's what missionaries do.

Curious, do they do it with a side of "will you listen to this chat about my church?" or do they just do it to help people? 

22 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Did anyone else notice?....dun dun dun... Hanging on the key rack a FLYSWATTER! Factoring in that the girls have already visited them, it could've been brought by them, but.....  :my_huh:

It appears that they have a shitload of keys too...curiouser and curiouser, but I guess in such a dangerous area ya gotta have a lotta locks :my_dodgy:

definitely noticed the fly swatter, too and thought the same thing! :)

On April 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM, HereticHick said:

I really really hope that Derick isn't making Jilly muffin breakfast in bed because she's knocked up:

1. Cereal and milk is not a praise-worthy breakfast in bed from anyone over the age of 7.

2. Froot Loops? Really? 

Aww, I like froot loops! Haven't had them in a long time but they are so sugary and delicious!

4 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Aww, I like froot loops! Haven't had them in a long time but they are so sugary and delicious!

But would you eat them in the jungles of El Salvador? ;)

46 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I like untoasted Pop Tarts but if someone tosses me a pack of them I'm not going to brag about it on Instagram!

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe she wanted cloth diapers.

10 hours ago, twinmama said:

Curious, do they do it with a side of "will you listen to this chat about my church?" or do they just do it to help people? 

They never do "will you listen to our chat about my church." They go to help, attend THEIR church and occasionally sing. That's it.

I don't think they are trying to convert Catholics. They are looking for the "unchurched."

Our church group left for Appalachia this morning.  They take tools, basic food stuffs,

and clothing. last trip they fixed a porch for an elderly couple. There was a huge hole in the floor & the husband, in his 80's just wasn't up to it. The fixed a cpl of roofs, too. They dug a well & last fall,helped a mother put up some tomato sauce for the winter. Included in the trailer of stuff was also several cases of mason jars. Now they will help then turn over a garden .

That's what missionaries do.

These are the things people from my church do only on a community level. We don't have the resources for larger scale missionary work. I wish we did. After a tornado tore through our community 2 years ago, we were out in full force helping each other. There was no proselytizing. People needed help, not sermons.

22 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

These are the things people from my church do only on a community level. We don't have the resources for larger scale missionary work. I wish we did. After a tornado tore through our community 2 years ago, we were out in full force helping each other. There was no proselytizing. People needed help, not sermons.

Charity begins at home!

3 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Maybe she wanted cloth diapers.

In the clip that I saw, they looked like packaged, disposable diapers. My daughter has a 2yo she cloth diapered, so I am familiar with how those various diapers come bundled.

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She once photographed him with the cloth diaper over his onsie. It might be for the best if she switched.

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Casserole, you'd think she's know that the diaper goes under the onesie.  It's just stupid otherwise.

IIRC, the diaper was orange and matched whatever OSU thing he was wearing... but wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the boy some orange pants? Maybe she puts the cloth over the disposable to pretend? Duggars are weird 

I don't believe Jill actually cloth diapers, she probably tried it, realized it was too much work, then quit. The cloth diapers over onesies are probably just pants substitutes because 1) "modesty" and 2) she needs to still keep her her wannabe earth mom appearance. 

There was a lot of talk at the end of JDill pt.9 and beginning of pt.10 about Jill putting cloth diaper covers over disposables (making it look like she was using cloth, but clearly not actually).

If she was cloth diapering, there would have been a shot of those diapers blowing in the breeze.

Didn't the Dillards say that they had a washer but no dryer?

My daughter in So America does not have a dryer- they are pretty rare. Plus in the tropics, clothes line dry very fast.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't believe Jill actually cloth diapers, she probably tried it, realized it was too much work, then quit. The cloth diapers over onesies are probably just pants substitutes because 1) "modesty" and 2) she needs to still keep her her wannabe earth mom appearance. 

Wonder what the heck she does all day long?

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If she was cloth diapering, there would have been a shot of those diapers blowing in the breeze.

Didn't the Dillards say that they had a washer but no dryer?

My daughter in So America does not have a dryer- they are pretty rare. Plus in the tropics, clothes line dry very fast.

Wonder what the heck she does all day long?

pretend to skype her sisters 

omg, these are about Africa, but they remind me so much of JDill and their "Central America" ramblings about how SCARY and DANGEROUS it is, combined with their fancy fancy house. Read the captions. Priceless!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived