IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Ooo! A telenovela about the Duggars!  I would watch the hell out of that.

Can you tell I started watching Jane the Virgin?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video was pretty awkward but I'm glad they kept it short and sweet. It sounds like something they would show him when he gets older, kind of like that Google commercial made an email account for his daughter when she was born and sent her a really cute email every birthday...

brb gonna go cry because that commercial was too damn much :tw_bawling:

I noticed in the video Derick said Central America with no slip or struggle... I guess it's just second nature to say that now instead of where they really are? It would be hard for me to not slip up. 

I guess they're doing a video diary of sorts for Izzy but are they in a shopping mall or something? I wonder why they didn't include him. If it was some sort of diary, Future Izzy could have been able to see himself as a baby.

13 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Can you tell I started watching Jane the Virgin?

That's funny. I thought it was called, "Jana the Virgin."

image.jpeg

I'll see myself out now. :pb_biggrin:

The video was awkward. 

If i had no idea who Derrick and Jill were and if she hadn't mentioned the labor, the video could be seen as them wishing a sibling or another relative happy birthday. For your own child, I would've expected something a little better done. Like in their residence with said son and not out in whatever city they are preaching. 

36 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

:clap::clap::clap:

Thats truly awesome

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe she plans to hold that against Izzy for the rest of his life!

I mean, she learned that at her mother's knee, what with Michelle bringing up how big Jessa was when she was born all those time. Or maybe the few times just really stick out, because, really lady? Why do you need to harp on your daughter's size when she was a baby? It's not like she did it at you or something.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I noticed in the video Derick said Central America with no slip or struggle... I guess it's just second nature to say that now instead of where they really are? It would be hard for me to not slip up. 

I guess they're doing a video diary of sorts for Izzy but are they in a shopping mall or something? I wonder why they didn't include him. If it was some sort of diary, Future Izzy could have been able to see himself as a baby.

Perhaps Izzy has been deployed to the Middle East, or the International Space Station.

The video was incredibly awkward and impersonal, but at least the most recent entry (with the little letter to him) was nice and much more personal (especially heartening that they mention that he likes to dance to the music at church, considering the famous Duggar stance on dancing), and the photos of him with Cathy and eating his birthday cake are adorable (he really is a Jill clone). Happy Birthday, Izzy D. I hope you grow up to know lots of different cultures and paths in life, and that you gain the experience and wisdom to make the best choices for you.

2 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

The video was awkward. 

If i had no idea who Derrick and Jill were and if she hadn't mentioned the labor, the video could be seen as them wishing a sibling or another relative happy birthday. For your own child, I would've expected something a little better done. Like in their residence with said son and not out in whatever city they are preaching. 

and you know what that means if they are out preaching

Derick has to work on his son's birthday 

now why couldn't he schedule the  day off ? 

5 minutes ago, nst said:

and you know what that means if they are out preaching

Derick has to work on his son's birthday 

now why couldn't he schedule the  day off ? 

Eh, my parents made me go to High Holy Days services when they fell on my birthday. Nothing like spending your 9th birthday at a three-hour-long Yom Kippur service. At least I got the day off of school and as an un-Bat-Mitzvah'd child I didn't have to fast (and the celebration after services was all the more fun because I'd had to endure services). If there was no High Holy day on my birthday, my dad would still go to work. Birthdays are a day to feel special, but the world doesn't stop because you're another year older.

Besides, I think they mentioned that they had a big party for him on Sunday.

Though I do think that if Derick is only working two days a week (uuuggghhh), he could have scheduled for Izzy's special day. But if he's working and earning money so Izzy can have plenty more happy birthdays, that's a good thing.

Friends,

It's hard to believe that our little man is already 1 year old! Israel is getting so big and changing so quickly! We celebrated with some of our friends on Sunday and will have a piñata with the little children at church this evening. Below is a note we wrote to Israel about this special time in his life. Since he won't remember all the little things that are going on right now (and we will likely soon forget!) Grandma C encouraged us to write those down too, so you'll see we have tried to document many of those little things in the form of a journal entry/note to Israel, that he can read for many years to come.

To read our message to Israel and to see photos from his birthday party please visit our website here .

Sincerely,

Jill and Derick

Look what appeared on facebook 

and who gets the brownie - there is a picture of him covered in cake 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The video was incredibly awkward and impersonal, but at least the most recent entry (with the little letter to him) was nice and much more personal (especially heartening that they mention that he likes to dance to the music at church, considering the famous Duggar stance on dancing), and the photos of him with Cathy and eating his birthday cake are adorable (he really is a Jill clone). Happy Birthday, Izzy D. I hope you grow up to know lots of different cultures and paths in life, and that you gain the experience and wisdom to make the best choices for you.

Well we can hope that Derrick put the kibosh on that rule and explained to Jill that not everyone that dances is a raging nymphomaniac.

@HereticHick,  I just read your post with Elaine Benes's voice saying "Maybe the dingo ate your baby" in an Aussie accent on Seinfeld.  She was, of course, mocking Meryl Streep (and more to the point mocking woman at the party) who played the mother of Azaria Chamberlain who was, indeed, eaten by a dingo.

"Maybe the dingo ate your baby" from Seinfeld

God, I couldn't stop staring at Derrick's mouth as he talked. The right side looks like it's going up, and the left side looks like it's being pushed down. Eesh.

Shocked but pleasently surprised that Izzy is allowed to dance in church.

Got a good laugh when looking at the pics of the birthday cake prep. Jill had a square cake pan on the counter as she was mixing the cake. But Izzy was presented with a round cake to eat/play with. I suppose they cut the square cake down to a round one. Dillards must not know that its hip to be square LOL 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

image.jpeg

This is just majestic. :thumbsup: 

Good to see that Jill has managed to get to Izzy's first birthday without announcing a second birthday. Though, not for lack of trying i'm sure.

"You are a handsome little fella, and here in Central America you stand out a little with your blonde hair and blue eyes."

We get it...you have a white baby.

He looks so tall for a 1 year old. But maybe it's just his proportions.

The Bumbo seat on the table made me cringe a bit.

Happy to see Cathy made it down for a visit.

53 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@HereticHick,  I just read your post with Elaine Benes's voice saying "Maybe the dingo ate your baby" in an Aussie accent on Seinfeld.  She was, of course, mocking Meryl Streep (and more to the point mocking woman at the party) who played the mother of Azaria Chamberlain who was, indeed, eaten by a dingo.

"Maybe the dingo ate your baby" from Seinfeld

Glad someone got the reference!! : )

What was the name of that movie? I think it had different titles inside & outside of Australia

I'm supposing the b-day party is on the Duggar blog? Every time I open it on either computer, it crashes.

6 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Can you tell I started watching Jane the Virgin?

Prepare. I've had dreams with the same voice over. It's worse than drugs :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived