Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

This is just majestic. :thumbsup: 

More majestic than pearls or Jessa Blessa? :pb_lol:

God I wish Jill would stop talking about how unique her blue eyed white baby looks in Central America. Yuck!

I must have blocked out that lil Izzy has the same birthday as my baby...I don't quite remember my labor 26 years ago, but I do know that he was bigger than Izzy, so neener neener Jill! 

13 minutes ago, PecanThief said:

God I wish Jill would stop talking about how unique her blue eyed white baby looks in Central America. Yuck!

If it were one "we're in a more rural area and not a lot of foreigners come up this way, so we're kind of the odd ones out here" comment, that would have been fine. But the fact that she CONSTANTLY harps on it is annoying (and racist). I guess I half-understand where she's coming from because where I used to work, I was legit the first foreigner to stay in the town for more than a day (the last one they got was a long-distance bicyclist like three years before I came), and I did get people asking to take my picture, kids asking why my hair wasn't more blonde, et cetera, but after a couple weeks of adjustment for me, my students, and my coworkers, I was just another teacher (albeit one with the weirdest accent ever when I spoke Mandarin) and it really wasn't a big deal.

I thought the Bumbo seat was for a younger baby, but I have been out of the baby market for a long time.

The message on the Dillard website does seem fairly cute. He's mentioned as loving bananas, papayas and avocados- omg! A Duggar spawn eating FRUIT! 

Also, anyone else think Spurge and Izzy actually look fairly similar? Spurge has darker hair and is chubbier, but sometimes they do look quite alike.

Glad Cathy made it down there. Their home looks fine....when we saw Godbobbers and J'Chelle going in it looked nice.....the brick front porch. I mean, not a shack or tent or something. Cougar proof hopefully.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

The message on the Dillard website does seem fairly cute. He's mentioned as loving bananas, papayas and avocados- omg! A Duggar spawn eating FRUIT! 

Also, anyone else think Spurge and Izzy actually look fairly similar? Spurge has darker hair and is chubbier, but sometimes they do look quite alike.

Mini Duggars

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I thought the Bumbo seat was for a younger baby, but I have been out of the baby market for a long time.

According to the Bumbo site, the Floor Seat (hear that, Duggars....it's for the floor!) is for 3-9 months old.

7 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

Shocked but pleasently surprised that Izzy is allowed to dance in church.

Got a good laugh when looking at the pics of the birthday cake prep. Jill had a square cake pan on the counter as she was mixing the cake. But Izzy was presented with a round cake to eat/play with. I suppose they cut the square cake down to a round one. Dillards must not know that its hip to be square LOL 

:) Actually there is a round (enamel or silicon) blue pan as well as the square grey metal pan on the table in the picture where Jill is holding the cake mix.  My guess is she used both pans (the mix makes 2layers) and since Izzy's cake looks like one layer, the other (square) layer may have been dealt with separately.  I won't fault someone who is only there for a few months for not having two layer pans of the same shape.  And in this case, the square cake may have gone to the grown ups.  

Liked your "hip to be square" comment. :)

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Mini Duggars

The Duggar genes are strong. There was that photo of baby Jill and baby Izzy side-by-side going round- they look so alike. We'll just have to see what he's like as he grows older.

She definitely made more than one cake, you can see the number of eggs used in the photo. 

I find it a bit odd to include the cake mix box in the photos too as though its something to be proud of?  It's not that difficult to weigh your own ingredients.

3 hours ago, Apricot said:

She definitely made more than one cake, you can see the number of eggs used in the photo. 

I find it a bit odd to include the cake mix box in the photos too as though its something to be proud of?  It's not that difficult to weigh your own ingredients.

And it tastes so much better.

14 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

According to the Bumbo site, the Floor Seat (hear that, Duggars....it's for the floor!) is for 3-9 months old.

Even for the Duggars and their safety standards, putting Izzy in that seat on the damn table when he is already at least standing on his own (if not walking already) looks so incredibly dangerous. Seriously, what's next for the birthday boy - are they going to swaddle him again? How about a nice and refreshing lick on the electrical wiring?

Izzy, if you ever survive your childhood with these idiots as parents, please - LEAVE!

5 hours ago, Ali said:

And it tastes so much better.

True, but are all the incredients easy to get in DANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA grocery stores?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

True, but are all the incredients easy to get in DANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA grocery stores?

Ha ha. Yes, I am sure that it is impossible to get sugar, flour, etc. in DANGEROUSCENTRALAMERICA grocery stores. Jill probably does not know how to bake a cake from scratch anyways.

I wondered whether Cathy brought the cake mix with her-that was my first thought, but I would have expected/hoped that Jill would have acknowledged that as the case.

When my daughter was in the Peace Corp, her care packages consisted of nutella, tampons and muffin mixes that only required adding water to make her life a little  easier.

25 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I wondered whether Cathy brought the cake mix with her-that was my first thought, but I would have expected/hoped that Jill would have acknowledged that as the case.

When my daughter was in the Peace Corp, her care packages consisted of nutella, tampons and muffin mixes that only required adding water to make her life a little  easier.

My daughter and her family live in a South American country and we always carry the max in weight when we visit (or when they come home for a visit). Those suitcases/boxes contain some interesting items. Cheese, butter, lunch meat + all kinds of electronics, clothing, shoes and baby items (car seats, strollers...) Tools (my SIL is into building furniture, doors, kitchen cabinets).

Anything with an electrical cord is always something Customs wants to look at-

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Jill probably does not know how to bake a cake from scratch anyways.

To be fair, I haven't a clue how to bake a cake from scratch and I use the boxed stuff.

The video on the Duggar fan blog for Izzy's 1st birthday did make me squeee. Think what you want about the family, but they do make cute babies.

19 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

To be fair, I haven't a clue how to bake a cake from scratch and I use the boxed stuff.

The video on the Duggar fan blog for Izzy's 1st birthday did make me squeee. Think what you want about the family, but they do make cute babies.

We always use the boxed stuff too. I even put a photo of it on Instagram *GASP* !! Some people just don't care to bake. Nothing wrong with that....unless you're a food snob. I am not. :)

23 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Prepare. I've had dreams with the same voice over. It's worse than drugs :pb_lol:

yes but as a team Rafael fan I'm 100 percent pissed right now 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived