IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

On 5/19/2016 at 7:11 AM, Jinder Roles said:

Those poor heretics in the Levant; they don't know anything about Christ. We all know Christianity was started by  Europeans.

Praise White Jebus!

Now i can only refer to jesus as Black Jesus (insert the voice of Ruby from Blackish) 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

I'm not one to bump watch but Derrick just posted a pic on Instagram and Jill looks pregnant. Could just be the maternity shirt hitting her skirt in a weird way but still...

We need to start a baby bump watch for JB. Y'all have mention his manboobs on the video but the first thing I noticed was his baby bump.  

On 5/18/2016 at 5:16 PM, SassyPants said:

No mention of her tenacity, strength or intellect.

Maybe he'll mention them if she ever aquires them.

On 5/19/2016 at 4:41 PM, ksgranola1 said:

I don't suppose anyone considered that he might be sincere.

It is possible he is sincere, but when people write personal things about someone just to share it with the world, to me sincerity is generally lacking.

On 5/19/2016 at 7:09 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Why can't they just be Christians and do what they believe Christ would have them do? That is feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and visit those in prison and above all be kind. And then be themselves and be human instead of this caricature of perfect Angels on Earth who have no emotions except sweetness and light.

Just being Christian/Christlike is not enough to carry a reality tv show.

On 5/19/2016 at 7:40 PM, foreign fundie said:

2)The letter is probably not so much written for Jill as for Jim Bob, as an expression of loyalty to the brand. Maybe it was even suggested by him. 

JB:"Here Derick, copy this in your own writing."

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

It is possible he is sincere, but when people write personal things about someone just to share it with the world, to me sincerity is generally lacking.

Just being Christian/Christlike is not enough to carry a reality tv show.

JB:"Here Derick, copy this in your own writing."

I think Derick maybe under the control  of JB - just not the way Ben is - but still a bit 

because what is fascinating to me - is that basically Jill and Derick are on vacation if he only "speaks" twice a week, and HE asks for money to be donated - he  is the best grifter around 

JB must be so proud - because they make it sound so perfect yet - We KNOW it's not 

makes me nauseated 

-----

I get it now - the reason for so many trips for Ma and Pa Duggar down to SCA.

It's because JB is guiding Derick what to say in his "letters" 

and he probably makes it all tax deductible because of said grifting 

it just happened to coincide with JIll's birthday- maybe skype doesn't work for JB 

let's pretend that JB and Michelle go back in September ......

21 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Unless there's something else going on, it sure seems like Boob and M are the ones who can't cut the apron strings, with their many visits. 

This. Absolutely. I do tend to think that JB and Michelle get down there so much to keep an eye on Derick and Jill to make sure they don't stray from Jim-Bobism. Not because CA is far away, but because JB feels Derick could be a threat and have enough cajones to stand up to his authority and say "No". 

2 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

This. Absolutely. I do tend to think that JB and Michelle get down there so much to keep an eye on Derick and Jill to make sure they don't stray from Jim-Bobism. Not because CA is far away, but because JB feels Derick could be a threat and have enough cajones to stand up to his authority and say "No". 

To the bold: In Gothardism, isn't Derick his own authority though? I feel like JB and Michelle aren't enjoying the transfer of headship from father to husband on the wedding day because he's all up in Ben's business (Ben's own fault for working for the guy and living in one of his houses) and can't stay away from Derick.

17 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

To the bold: In Gothardism, isn't Derick his own authority though? I feel like JB and Michelle aren't enjoying the transfer of headship from father to husband on the wedding day because he's all up in Ben's business (Ben's own fault for working for the guy and living in one of his houses) and can't stay away from Derick.

Derick is supposed to be his own authority, but I doubt that ever happened. It reminds me of the Vision Forum thing where the father is in control of his sons even after they marry. Since Derick doesn't have a living father, Jim Bob has stepped in and taken his place. I know the Duggars weren't as involved with VF as they were/are with Gothard, but I wonder if they grabbed an idea or two. 

Or maybe JB is just a control freak.

21 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

In theory, but the whole "leave and cleave" model doesn't hold up if the wife's father is a giant control freak who expects the husband and the wife to submit to his own headship after marriage. Kinda has a way of dampening a daughter's marriage prospects. See also: the Botkins, the Maxwells, and probably many others. 

Add me to the list of those who suspect JB and Michelle's frequent trips to CA involve efforts to convince the Dillards to return home. 

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

How many times has JB and Michelle visited Jill and Derick? Hasn't Cathy Dillard visited them a few times? 

I may be wrong with my calculations, but Michelle has been twice, and Jim Bob... three times? Maybe four? I recall two of Cathy's visits, but it may be three times.

Granted, I don't judge Cathy for going to see her son and only grandchild often. They're a smaller family, so obviously a lot closer, and the distance has to be hard on her. The Duggars, on the other hand, have young kids at home. Of course, they don't do very much parenting when they are there, so it must not phase them in the least to go visit Jill. I've always felt that Jill was the favorite daughter, maybe even the favorite child out of them all.

24 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I may be wrong with my calculations, but Michelle has been twice, and Jim Bob... three times? Maybe four? I recall two of Cathy's visits, but it may be three times.

Granted, I don't judge Cathy for going to see her son and only grandchild often. They're a smaller family, so obviously a lot closer, and the distance has to be hard on her. The Duggars, on the other hand, have young kids at home. Of course, they don't do very much parenting when they are there, so it must not phase them in the least to go visit Jill. I've always felt that Jill was the favorite daughter, maybe even the favorite child out of them all.

Well, she's the most compliant, obedient, and positively marinated in the Kool-Aid. I know I'm doing some major armchair psychology here, but I never got the sense that JB and Michelle truly loved their kids, so much as saw them as extensions of themselves or objects they could control. Josh was the oldest son, the golden boy, and thus an extension of JB. Jill is easy to control and manipulate, and she sells their brand well. Josie is the baby who can be controlled and trotted out for attention. All the other kids are just proof that they have a lot of sex.

The frequent Duggar trips to Central America may be in part because Jill and Derick are not making trips home.  Remember that when they first went down to Central America, they were criticized for coming back so frequently.  So they said they weren't coming back until June or July.  They haven't, but they have had visits from some family members pretty much every month, I think.

It may well be that Jill would be too homesick if she didn't have contact with the DuggarMonolith.  We talk about recharging our batteries by being alone.  For the Duggars it may be necessary to be together to recharge with the group identity that is all they really know.

This isn't to say that a lot of it is JB not wanting to let go of control.  It is just another side which suggests that the visits may be encouraged or at least welcome by Jill.

I'm reading Derick's list, and all the reactions to it, and all I can think is that there's no way my husband could come up with 25 things he loves about me. If pressed he might cough up a few. But he could never make a list like that. So regardless of how generic-seeming it turned out, and no matter whose idea it was, I can only give him props for trying (though I'm still unclear as to why a personal list of things he loves about his wife needs to be trotted out and shared on social media. It's not so different from Jim Bob humping Michelle, really, when you think about it).

As to the hashtags on the photo of Israel's traumatic bird incident, I can't speak for Derick but I often come up with convoluted hashtags that function as the actual caption, in cahoots with a friend. I do this on my private instagram because I think it's funny, we hold whole conversations in difficult-to-read strings of hashtags. However, on my public instagram, I try to be as concise and clear as possible because it relies on easy and hopefully often-searched tags like "recipe" "easy recipe" "apple pie", etc. I think the difference is that on my personal account, since I have few friends and it's meant solely for sharing and storing memories, I tend to categorize things in a similar format that will help me find them later (#sarelovespolly for a photo of the dog, #sarelovesthecottage, #sarelovesflowers. Yadda yadda.). All that notwithstanding, I agree that on a public instagram post like Derick's, it's kind of unnecessary and I can see how it would put people off.

Derek looks like he shaved, I guess Boob really did show up to have a chat with him! :pb_lol:

Derick's list is nice in theory but he basically only listed 7 things and just reworded them differently as he kept going. It's like they never got to know each other more than how they feel about the bible. 

Ugh I have lost most belief in "mission trips"

One girl I went to high school with just finished in Honduras and all of her photos all I see is them all at the beach swimming, hiking, did a stupid skit, and everyone had steak for dinner.

The only thing that saves my faith in them is I have a friend who has worked her way up and is a surgical nurse and her husband is a firefighter and they actually did medical checkups, shots, etc. That is how it should be. Not just sitting around preaching to them empty words.
If I had no religion I would be more prone to welcome it from someone HELPING me. Then again, most of the people where Jill and Derick are already HAVE religion, just not the "right" kind :pb_rollseyes:

I was reading the local paper and the LDS church has put out new rules for missionaries living in Central and South America. Sister Missionaries can wear pants now!  They have a whole system in place for men and women to lessen the chances of getting the virus. As much as I have issues with the LDS church, they do seem to act quick, get supplies to their missionaries fast(they delivered mosquito repellent in bulk months ago and had apartments fixed and sealed better) , and have clear plans of action. Too bad Jill is with such a poorly organized group that doesn't seem to be taking many measures.

What I wonder about is the LDS church's long term understanding of the virus. Hopefully their  plans prevent the virus but with 1,000 of missionaries in these areas , I'm sure nothing is 100%.  We currently have 8 young women and over 20 young men from my neighborhood serving in these areas. Now over the past few I have watched and the vast majority of the return missionaries are married within a year. In my neighborhood which is "old school" I say 6 months. I was talking to a father this morning who has a son returning soon and is getting married right after getting back. I wanted to bang my head against the wall because this father said even if his son got Zika it can't be sexually transmitted because his child is a virgin and will only have one partner. This man has a masters degree. He is so excited about his son coming home, getting married and giving him grandbabies asap. I asked him if his son will get tested and he said only if he comes home sick.

16 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I was reading the local paper and the LDS church has put out new rules for missionaries living in Central and South America. Sister Missionaries can wear pants now!  They have a whole system in place for men and women to lessen the chances of getting the virus. As much as I have issues with the LDS church, they do seem to act quick, get supplies to their missionaries fast(they delivered mosquito repellent in bulk months ago and had apartments fixed and sealed better) , and have clear plans of action. Too bad Jill is with such a poorly organized group that doesn't seem to be taking many measures.

What I wonder about is the LDS church's long term understanding of the virus. Hopefully their  plans prevent the virus but with 1,000 of missionaries in these areas , I'm sure nothing is 100%.  We currently have 8 young women and over 20 young men from my neighborhood serving in these areas. Now over the past few I have watched and the vast majority of the return missionaries are married within a year. In my neighborhood which is "old school" I say 6 months. I was talking to a father this morning who has a son returning soon and is getting married right after getting back. I wanted to bang my head against the wall because this father said even if his son got Zika it can't be sexually transmitted because his child is a virgin and will only have one partner. This man has a masters degree. He is so excited about his son coming home, getting married and giving him grandbabies asap. I asked him if his son will get tested and he said only if he comes home sick.

I started out reading your post and thought, "Wow, good for the Mormons. They're being very proactive, trying to prevent this from happening." And then I got to the bold.

Maybe church leaders' long term understanding of the virus is on point, but this man's understanding clearly isn't. Masters degree? Did he get it at Clown College? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I started out reading your post and thought, "Wow, good for the Mormons. They're being very proactive, trying to prevent this from happening." And then I got to the bold.

Maybe church leaders' long term understanding of the virus is on point, but this man's understanding clearly isn't. Masters degree? Did he get it at Clown College? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

He got his master degree while living in Mesa Az in computer science so I'm not sure what colleges are within commuting distance. It seems like a lot of LDS must live in the Mesa area. I'm hoping the  LDS youth are more educated on ziku and sex then the parents. It seems like the ipad/iphone/youtube have made the LDS youth  know so much more about the world then their parents know. Parents have safeguards on computers but have no idea what that $10 a month iphone add on  lets their kids access.

I remember when my mom started dating after my dad died. She was in her 50's and tried the online dating route. A guy asked her what her birth control was and she said a hysterectomy. My mom and I had a long talk after that.

24 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I remember when my mom started dating after my dad died. She was in her 50's and tried the online dating route. A guy asked her what her birth control was and she said a hysterectomy. My mom and I had a long talk after that.

Totally off topic, but what is wrong with telling s potential date that you have had a hysterectomy?  Especially after 50, it may be assumed that one is no longer available for reproduction.

Or did you have a talk with your mom about what it means when a man asks about birth control? (I knew the code back in the 1970s when I started dating.  Back then, though, the question was, "Are you on the pill?" And my answer was, "That is not something I discuss on the first date.")

Anyway, I find it fascinating, the generational differences in what is/isn't okay to ask and answer.

When Mum got a boyfriend in her 70's we had a safe sex talk.  She had been with a Dad from marriage to when he died at age 55.  It took her a long time to feel comfortable seeing someone else.  Safe sex means something completely different nowadays to when she was dating Dad.

When we see confused elderly patients in hospital we still do a syphillis check.

9 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Totally off topic, but what is wrong with telling s potential date that you have had a hysterectomy?  Especially after 50, it may be assumed that one is no longer available for reproduction.

Or did you have a talk with your mom about what it means when a man asks about birth control? (I knew the code back in the 1970s when I started dating.  Back then, though, the question was, "Are you on the pill?" And my answer was, "That is not something I discuss on the first date.")

Anyway, I find it fascinating, the generational differences in what is/isn't okay to ask and answer.

My mom decided several years after my dad died that she wanted to see the world and date different types of people. She kind of wanted to do all the things she didn't do in her 20's. My mom had been shocked to be widowed at 49 so I was okay with her going out and having a good time. My mom really didn't think of the world of STD's in the senior citizen community. This man she had met online wanted to take her on a short vacation. He was clearly wanting to know if my mom had practiced safe sex and if she had been tested. I think my mom thought birth control was just about reproduction and didn't really think of people in their 50's and 60's getting STD's. My mom lives in a retirement area and it finally hit home when a lady at the catholic church stood up to tell her story of how her husband was dying of AIDS and she was HIV positive in their 70's. Her husband had cheated when she was off helping with her grandkids out of state.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived