IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

I hope someone has donated a beard care kit to their ministry, that beard is unsightly. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, @MorningMist . I think he was trying to hide the current...alignment...and it actually is working to frame just how off kilter things are right now. Which is a shame. :(

I don't see what's so awful about Derick's beard. Not my preferred style in a man and he definitely needs it trimmed, but that's up to him. It's still so much better than the DimBob look. In fact it gives me much enjoyment to imagine how much JB must hate seeing Jill with a man who looks so different from himself. I hope he trims the beard and lets his hair grow into a ponytail... 

The facial surgery butchery is unfortunate. He had a perfectly pleasant face before.

Yeah. I hope that they can get that face straightened out. I don't mind beards in general. Just....that combination reminded me of the childhood car parts store of dad's choice. :my_biggrin:

Truly it is the mix of the beard with the butchery. :/ I thought he was a fairly reasonable looking average dude before it all! Now it looks like he's fitting in more with late-game Survivor contestants with just how incredibly wild that has gotten.

Actually, could Fundie Survivor be a thing?  Pit different families against each other. This season of Survivor is brains vs brawn vs beauty before the mergers....Which family would fall under which category.... :)

Maybe Jill has the hots for white Jesus and that's why Derick grew a beard; to righteously fulfill her fundie fantasies. :pb_lol:

16 minutes ago, PecanThief said:

Maybe Jill has the hots for white Jesus and that's why Derick grew a beard; to righteously fulfill her fundie fantasies. :pb_lol:

oh no make the image go away!

I can not believe I'm defending Manbeard, but here it is:  my son was born at 34 weeks.  He has SEVERE demineralization of the teeth.  It is probably due to him being premature.  He had a palate expander put in 3 weeks ago.  He now has a gap that you could drive a small car through.  He will have the braces put on within the next month.  The overjet and all cosmetic worries will be fixed within 6 months.  The bad bite will take up to 2 years with a Forsus appliance.  After DS has the braces off, he will still be looking at veneers.  My son is 11 and not on TV.  The beard is over the top but I can't snark on it because I am learning how slow and painful that any dental procedure can be and  mess with your head, if you are already embarrassed about your looks.

10 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

What does franciscan smell like?

Chrism: The rich aroma of balsam, rose, and 50+ other scents all mix together to remind you daily of your baptismal promises.

Lectio: This blend is a subtle mix of sandalwood, amber, and vanilla to help you focus on making “scents” of scripture.

Franciscan: Our “unscented formula” smells very lightly of cocoa, nuts, and honey from the natural ingredients.

Holy Smokes: Is our newest formula and combines the aromas of Frankincense, Myrrh, and a touch of wood smoke to evoke the rich smells of incense.

Orthodoxy: We set out to craft a scent as an homage to the great G.K. Chesterton. The result contains light notes of hopps and pipe tobacco.

On May 3, 2016 at 10:20 PM, anotherone said:

I only have suburban wildlife - deer, squirrels, pigeons, raccoons, mice, chipmunks, Canadian geese, and feral housecats. I don't really consider them actually "wild"life, they're so tame from feeding.  Most all eating out of everyone's garbage cans or people feeding them. I saw a guy feeding a deer a loaf of bread.  A neighbor trapped a raccoon in the attic and felt sorry for it so fed it hot dogs until it got taken away.  My kid was feeding the geese cheerios.  None of them could actually survive in the wild anymore. :)

We live in the 'inner city'. ;)  The wildlife here is mostly squirrels, rats  and pigeons. There is a possum (opossum?) in our neighborhood. He/she is so cute!  We feed him or her slices of bread. :)

There are also red-tailed Hawks that live around here. When we first moved in, one landed on our neighbor's deck right outside my studio window. I was surprised at how big he was. He stretched out his wings and I think his wingspan must have been close to my height. :)

Speaking of wildlife. Last night I saw a bobcat in my backyard! My husband and I just left it alone. It was headed to the woods. The feline headship was not happy. He had hissy fits all night long.

13 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Speaking of wildlife. Last night I saw a bobcat in my backyard! My husband and I just left it alone. It was headed to the woods. The feline headship was not happy. He had hissy fits all night long.

I saw one at my house this past winter, also heading to the woods. He/she stopped to stare at me for awhile so I got a good look. Very exciting. Neighbors have seen it over the years, but it was my first time. 

21 hours ago, Chelio93 said:

I can not believe I'm defending Manbeard, but here it is:  my son was born at 34 weeks.  He has SEVERE demineralization of the teeth.  It is probably due to him being premature.  He had a palate expander put in 3 weeks ago.  He now has a gap that you could drive a small car through.  He will have the braces put on within the next month.  The overjet and all cosmetic worries will be fixed within 6 months.  The bad bite will take up to 2 years with a Forsus appliance.  After DS has the braces off, he will still be looking at veneers.  My son is 11 and not on TV.  The beard is over the top but I can't snark on it because I am learning how slow and painful that any dental procedure can be and  mess with your head, if you are already embarrassed about your looks.

Sorry you both have to deal with that. Dental issues aren't fun, or cheap:(

7 hours ago, Jucifer said:

We live in the 'inner city'. ;)  The wildlife here is mostly squirrels, rats  and pigeons. There is a possum (opossum?) in our neighborhood. He/she is so cute!  We feed him or her slices of bread. :)

There are also red-tailed Hawks that live around here. When we first moved in, one landed on our neighbor's deck right outside my studio window. I was surprised at how big he was. He stretched out his wings and I think his wingspan must have been close to my height. :)

i live in a first-ring suburb, and you just described our local wildlife, including the red-tail hawks.  there are a lot in our region, but i started noticing them after they started stalking my three hens.  a few months ago, we had a different type of hawk, dark with a white breast and a lot bigger than the red-tails.  one of my cats saw it from the living room and went bananas trying to go after it through the window.  that hawk could have carried the cat away without thinking twice.

27 minutes ago, catlady said:

i live in a first-ring suburb, and you just described our local wildlife, including the red-tail hawks.  there are a lot in our region, but i started noticing them after they started stalking my three hens.  a few months ago, we had a different type of hawk, dark with a white breast and a lot bigger than the red-tails.  one of my cats saw it from the living room and went bananas trying to go after it through the window.  that hawk could have carried the cat away without thinking twice.

Eeek, the hawks around here have been known to carry off kittens. :(

The last house we lived in was in a different neighborhood, but in the same city. Our next door neighbors had a flock (?) of chickens.  They were very fancy with long emerald green tails. (the chickens, not our neighbors!)

For some reason the rooster in the flock liked to stand under our bedroom window and crow his heart out at dawn. My husband and I didn't have to wake up that early but I just couldn't get mad at that bird, he was hilarious.

He crowed like he didn't know how to do it. He sounded like a rusty metal pipe being dragged across another rusty metal pipe. :) 

Sometimes I miss those chickens. :)

8 hours ago, Jucifer said:

Eeek, the hawks around here have been known to carry off kittens. :(

The last house we lived in was in a different neighborhood, but in the same city. Our next door neighbors had a flock (?) of chickens.  They were very fancy with long emerald green tails. (the chickens, not our neighbors!)

For some reason the rooster in the flock liked to stand under our bedroom window and crow his heart out at dawn. My husband and I didn't have to wake up that early but I just couldn't get mad at that bird, he was hilarious.

He crowed like he didn't know how to do it. He sounded like a rusty metal pipe being dragged across another rusty metal pipe. :) 

Sometimes I miss those chickens. :)

the bolded made me laugh.

that rooster sounds like a lot of fun!!  we swore to our neighbors that we'll stick with hens for that very reason.  my nephew had hatched them in an incubator (and has since learned the feathers were aggravating his asthma), and got one rooster.  when he (the rooster) matured, he began crowing at 3 am and didn't stop until after dark.   he very quickly went to a friend out in the country who has no neighbors.

I go scrapbooking at a semi-rural house whose neighbors have an off-kilter rooster. He crows all night, sleeps all day. We call him "Earl" because "Earl has to die"...

On 5/6/2016 at 1:43 PM, MadameOvary said:

I don't see what's so awful about Derick's beard. Not my preferred style in a man and he definitely needs it trimmed, but that's up to him. It's still so much better than the DimBob look. In fact it gives me much enjoyment to imagine how much JB must hate seeing Jill with a man who looks so different from himself. I hope he trims the beard and lets his hair grow into a ponytail... 

The facial surgery butchery is unfortunate. He had a perfectly pleasant face before.

I was thinking along the same lines.  I actually prefer my guy to be clean shaven, but I am enjoying how different Derick looks than his FIL, and his brothers-in-law.  It's not just his beard that is long and shaggy, so is his hair.  I think his hair looks fine and I too would get a giggle out of seeing him grow it even longer and wear it in a pony tail (or even better, a man bun!). 

On 5/8/2016 at 3:53 AM, catlady said:

the bolded made me laugh.

that rooster sounds like a lot of fun!!  we swore to our neighbors that we'll stick with hens for that very reason.  my nephew had hatched them in an incubator (and has since learned the feathers were aggravating his asthma), and got one rooster.  when he (the rooster) matured, he began crowing at 3 am and didn't stop until after dark.   he very quickly went to a friend out in the country who has no neighbors.

My sister lives within the city limits, but people are allowed to have up to a certain number of chickens.  She has 2 or 3 older hens and one has suddenly taken to crowing like a rooster.  I think it's just a few cocka-doodle-doos in the morning hours though :)

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

My sister lives within the city limits, but people are allowed to have up to a certain number of chickens.  She has 2 or 3 older hens and one has suddenly taken to crowing like a rooster.  I think it's just a few cocka-doodle-doos in the morning hours though :)

When there are only few only hens in a flock, one takes the place a rooster would of had or she might just be bored. 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/503732/hen-acting-like-a-rooster

http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyard-chickens/chicken-help/I-ve-heard-that-a-hen-can-turn-into-a-rooster-Is-H234.aspx

On April 29, 2016 at 10:13 AM, HighlandCow said:

I read the article and just can't get over how they use, not once, but TWICE, the phrase "drew flaks". What the heck. "flak" doesn't use an 's' for the plural!! It should be "drew flak". I can't even. 

On 5/8/2016 at 6:35 AM, Four is Enough said:

I go scrapbooking at a semi-rural house whose neighbors have an off-kilter rooster. He crows all night, sleeps all day. We call him "Earl" because "Earl has to die"...

I paint pictures of roosters - sold many :D 

1 hour ago, libriatrix said:

I read the article and just can't get over how they use, not once, but TWICE, the phrase "drew flaks". What the heck. "flak" doesn't use an 's' for the plural!! It should be "drew flak". I can't even. 

Israel is 12 years old already. My, how that boy has grown. Doesn't anybody proofread any more?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived