IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Okay, #israelsayshessorryheatechickenlastnight is WAY too long and specific for a hashtag. I've never used a hashtag in my life, but I understand how they work. Why is that people who use them all the goddamn time have so much trouble with them?

Agreed. It looked like "she's sorry" and "heated chicken" to me at first glance, and I had to do a double take to try to figure out where each word started/ended because I could make no sense of it.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Agreed. It looked like "she's sorry" and "heated chicken" to me at first glance, and I had to do a double take to try to figure out where each word started/ended because I could make no sense of it.

#HeCouldAtLeastHaveUsedCamelCaseToMakeItABitEasierToRead

7 minutes ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

#HeCouldAtLeastHaveUsedCamelCaseToMakeItABitEasierToRead

Actually if you're going by Microsoft standards capitalizing the first word makes it Pascal case :pb_wink:

15 hours ago, nst said:

Israel looks perpetually pissed off

They probably did many takes of that film before the final one.

1 hour ago, Denim Jumper said:

Maybe she's flight risk

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid...

gosh, I certainly learned a ton of interesting things about JillyMuffin from Derick's list:

A whopping 36% of these 25 items are about the LORD.

Fearing the Lord...WTH.

And it took to #22 before mentioning being a loving mom.

#5 genuinely concerns me after their awkward newlywed conversation about Jill being too loud. I hope Derick didn't guilt her into becoming another fundie stepford wife. :my_sad:

9 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm calling Bullshit on #18...... An open minded Duggar? Not likely!

sure - you saw she went to Cindrella 

that counts doesn't it :D

I am calling bullshit on number #13

He was trying really hard to find 25 things he likes about Jill. Many of them could be combined because they are saying the same thing. What's sad is that there is nothing in there about what makes her an individual (which I know isn't allowed in their world). Everything is about what she does for others or a basic templete of what a fundy wife should. Most people would say, "Oh how I love how my wife gets excited when she hears blah blah blah song,  when she sees a puppy that reminds her of the one she had as a kid or when her favorite college football team is beating their cross-town rival". Nothing says anything about Jill that I couldn't find about some random person on the Internet. What does he love about her that makes her different than any other fundy girl other than, she is his wife? 

9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

He was trying really hard to find 25 things he likes about Jill. Many of them could be combined because they are saying the same thing. What's sad is that there is nothing in there about what makes her an individual (which I know isn't allowed in their world). Everything is about what she does for others or a basic templete of what a fundy wife should. Most people would say, "Oh how I love how my wife gets excited when she hears blah blah blah song,  when she sees a puppy that reminds her of the one she had as a kid or when her favorite college football team is beating their cross-town rival". Nothing says anything about Jill that I couldn't find about some random person on the Internet. What does he love about her that makes her different than any other fundy girl other than, she is his wife? 

it's generic like she is

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

gosh, I certainly learned a ton of interesting things about JillyMuffin from Derick's list:

[picture omitted to save space]

A whopping 36% of these 25 items are about the LORD.

The only thing I learned is that Derick thinks Jill is a good cook.  And that may just be a polite fiction or a delusion along the lines of his praise of her maturity and openmindedness.

But a funny thing is that until I increased the picture size, I misread "her God-centered convictions" as " her God-centered connections" and thought for a minute that Derick was saying that he loved that she came from such a holy family. ;) 

I agree that this is one of the most generic things I have ever read. Its like a newspaper horoscope, but with tons more Jesus.

How about #IsraelwasfuckingterrifiedbythatgiganticchickenandIthoughtitwasfunny  ??

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I agree that this is one of the most generic things I have ever read. Its like a newspaper horoscope, but with tons more Jesus.

it;s practically like more horoscope this morning - seriously

51 minutes ago, socalrules said:

She was never encouraged to be an individual. She was always Kid Number Four, The Tattle Tale, The Good Girl, not Jill Michelle Duggar. She was taught all her life to suppress anything that made her unique, interesting, complex, emotional, or special, because to her parents, all she ever was was a number, a slave, and a sign that Jim Bob's dick worked. And Derick, for all our talk of him being so Worldly, is following a set of beliefs within IFB/IBLP/ATI that cast women into very specific, un-individual roles and basically sees and accordingly values them as Pez Dispensers full of babies and not much else. It's not at all surprising that he has basically nothing nice, interesting, or special to say about his wife beyond "she likes Jesus and she makes me food".

19 hours ago, nst said:

I would too if Jill and Derick were my parents.

So, here's out next fantasy. Jenny escapes when she can and takes Izzy with her. Both look completely done with their lifestyle!

21 hours ago, nst said:

If you had family like that wouldn't you be? 

Wow, that list is so generic and impersonal. It's how you'd describe an acquaintance - in broad positive generalities because you don't know specifics - not how you praise a beloved spouse.

I see a lot of the cookie cutter perfect fundie wife in that list, and almost nothing that is uniquely Jill.

In the past I've criticized the Dillards for oversharing, but I feel like there has to be a happy medium between keeping personal things personal and acting like he doesn't even know her.

I think its really telling that he put her "beautiful face" above everything but her "caring" and Jesus. We know what his priorities are: 1. Jesus 2. that she caters to him 3. that shes hot

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wow, that list is so generic and impersonal. It's how you'd describe an acquaintance - in broad positive generalities because you don't know specifics - not how you praise a beloved spouse.

I see a lot of the cookie cutter perfect fundie wife in that list, and almost nothing that is uniquely Jill.

In the past I've criticized the Dillards for oversharing, but I feel like there has to be a happy medium between keeping personal things personal and acting like he doesn't even know her.

I didn't get the sense that the list was "impersonal."  I think it was unimaginative.  Not everyone is comfortable writing and articulating feelings.  

I thought that his point about how she helped him learn about babies sounded individual and personal.  And his comment about her patience with him sounded like it referred to their relationship. I think if he hadn't been "censoring" himself into putting the spiritual ahead of the physical, he would have put her appearance at the head of the list.

Such lists are always difficult.  It is just far too long a list for someone who can only think in cliches.

I am late to the game but:

- In the chicken picture DD looks... wow! That hair! Scruffy as it is, it shows individuality to a degree unheard of in a Duggar. More of this!

- The video is beyond sad and creepy. Why can't they video her blowing the candles and singing happy birthday? Something normal people do on their birthday. And that obligatory kiss... 

- Michelle suddenly looks like a grandma.

- I agree with whoever said they still live far to close to AK. If I were them, I'd move to a place only reachable by donkey trail or canoe. 

- The mothers' day pic... Hey, they are honest. I much rather have them show their real turn out than pretent they had hundreds of people. And that is usually the reality of missionary work, not the stadiums full of people with the fake healings and all that. Really, if they were cured from the saviour syndrom, cut out the Gothard crap and the male superiority stuff, they could be decent missionaries. Sharing their lives, encouraging people and giving support here and there. Nothing big, but significant for the few they reach. 

- The letter. I think 'open minded' is referring to her acceptance of his hair. I am mostly wondering why he is 'eternally grateful' she respects her parents.

I think my DH would have written a very different letter, and insisted it'd be burned as soon as I read it. Lol.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived