IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

They asked Jana "What would you say to  people say that Jana Duggar, all she does is take care of babies and cook"

She said something like "I don't just take care of babies, surprise! I like behind the scenes work" or something like that.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EyeQueue said:

What?!? Elaborate, please.

Jana said "I dont just cook and take care of babies, surprise!"

5 minutes ago, hollywood said:

They asked Jana "What would you see people say that Jana Duggar, all she does is take care of babies and cook"

She said something like "I don't just take care of babies, surprise! I like behind the scenes work" or something like that.

She also takes care of the mail, answers correspondence, and is the gatekeeper of the Internet password.

Blathering on and cutting holes - part 4

Jana - We're adding light... Joe and Jana work on cutting cardboard.

Jana - I love figuring things out (SHHHH you'll get caught THINKING!)  I love household repairs

Producer - If you were stranded on a desert island, what are the 3 things you feel that you'd need to survive?

Jana TH - Cheese and Coffee (Get back to the prayer closet!  The only answer is the BIBLE!) a sibling

Jessa TH - Coffee and then 2 eggs because she has that every morning.

Joe - Like any woman, if she has her purse she can live off of that (what a fucking douchebag!)

Joy - can I say a guy? She needs a guy

They facetime wtih the duggars in CA.  They are VERY careful to not say facetime, btw.

Jana - Its always good to communicate and know they are safe and doing well.  

Boob - we miss you guys.

Joe -Its scary to be in CA now because violence... not safe...

Jinger - Its really great, connecting with those people and seeing how content they are iwth thee little bit they have. I'm challenged with that.  It was great to see J'derick.

Izzy is growing and can almost walk.  

Jb - god is really working... They're good.

Someone at jessa's house says "praise the lord."

Bin climbs a laddre into the attic.  He has a mask on.  Joe tries to describe where in the room he should crawl in the "crawl space."  Bin compliains there isnt enough room

Bin comes back down and says he has pcitures... the studs are all over the place

They saw through the ceiling...

Producer - What would you say to all the people out there that say "jana duggar, all she does is cook and take care of babies?"

Jana TH - (laughs) Shows shots of her sawing ceiling.  "I dont always like to be on the forefront but I enjoy the behind the scenes, working on different project.  I dont always take care of babies.  SURPRISE!"   (sorry TLC, this episode just cements the "cinderjana" idea)

They move on to another room, covering things in plastic... Jessa asks if she can "sweep up."

Jessa - I "may or may not" have ever swept under the furniture since we moved in... 

The menfolk drill... jana holds a flashlight.  Bin sweeps... Jana holds an iphone... They thought it would take a few hours

Jessa - Jana has taught me about endurance for projects.  Its an example to me.

They turn the lights on and it works and doesnt start a fire.  Jessa is happy that its brighter.

Jana  - it took longer and was more involved than we thought but we pulled it off.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa - I "may or may not" have ever swept under the furniture since we moved in...

Just think of the dust mites!  No wonder Ben has allergies and the baby is sneezing.  I guess cleanliness wasn't part of the homeschooling lessons.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Blathering on and cutting holes - part 4

Jana - We're adding light... Joe and Jana work on cutting cardboard.

Jana - I love figuring things out (SHHHH you'll get caught THINKING!)  I love household repairs

Producer - If you were stranded on a desert island, what are the 3 things you feel that you'd need to survive?

Jana TH - Cheese and Coffee (Get back to the prayer closet!  The only answer is the BIBLE!) a sibling

Jessa TH - Coffee and then 2 eggs because she has that every morning.

Joe - Like any woman, if she has her purse she can live off of that (what a fucking douchebag!)

Joy - can I say a guy? She needs a guy

They facetime wtih the duggars in CA.  They are VERY careful to not say facetime, btw.

Jana - Its always good to communicate and know they are safe and doing well.  

Boob - we miss you guys.

Joe -Its scary to be in CA now because violence... not safe...

Jinger - Its really great, connecting with those people and seeing how content they are iwth thee little bit they have. I'm challenged with that.  It was great to see J'derick.

Izzy is growing and can almost walk.  

Jb - god is really working... They're good.

Someone at jessa's house says "praise the lord."

Bin climbs a laddre into the attic.  He has a mask on.  Joe tries to describe where in the room he should crawl in the "crawl space."  Bin compliains there isnt enough room

Bin comes back down and says he has pcitures... the studs are all over the place

They saw through the ceiling...

Producer - What would you say to all the people out there that say "jana duggar, all she does is cook and take care of babies?"

Jana TH - (laughs) Shows shots of her sawing ceiling.  "I dont always like to be on the forefront but I enjoy the behind the scenes, working on different project.  I dont always take care of babies.  SURPRISE!"   (sorry TLC, this episode just cements the "cinderjana" idea)

They move on to another room, covering things in plastic... Jessa asks if she can "sweep up."

The menfolk drill... jana holds a flashlight.  Bin sweeps... Jana holds an iphone... They thought it would take a few hours

Jessa - Jana has taught me about endurance for projects.  Its an example to me.

They turn the lights on and it works and doesnt start a fire.  Jessa is happy that its brighter.

Jana  - it took longer and was more involved than we thought but we pulled it off.

Have they gotten to the part where the girls discuss what they want in a man?

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think JD said this. Not to nitpick because YOU'RE AMAZING Buzzard. But JD is the douchebag not (my secret fundie crush) Joe.

1 minute ago, DuggarWatch said:

Just think of the dust mites!  No wonder Ben has allergies and the baby is sneezing.  I guess cleanliness wasn't part of the homeschooling lessons.

I'm convinced they sent him up there thinking it would kill him.  Make it look like an accident.

Yeah, sure, like an adoption agency that is LEGIT would give a 20 and 23 year old who have only been married less than 2 years with no income other than a tv show that doesn't even pay much the ability to adopt. 
Cut the crap, Seewalds, ugh. 

Do they EVER make their bed? 

I'm a pretty terrible housekeeper but if I knew there would be a film crew in the house I would at least pull the comforter up so it didn't look quite so shabby. Yes, I know they have a newborn but isn't being a homemaker the only thing Jessa was trained to do?

On March 22, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Kittikatz said:

I have two rescued Devons. My mother has a retired show cat Cornish. I'm pretty much full here, but Selkirks are spectacular, so if I see one in need of a fresh person,  my hoarde are just going to have to adapt. Oh, and I'll need to buy a bigger house :kitty-wink:

I have a rescue Devon mix as well. She's my favorite little "buddy" as I call her. Love her to pieces

A thousand thank-you's to all of you here at FJ -- and especially Buzzard for the recaps -- for making my evening so snark-a-licious.  

5 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Yeah, sure, like an adoption agency that is LEGIT would give a 20 and 23 year old who have only been married less than 2 years with no income other than a tv show that doesn't even pay much the ability to adopt. 
Cut the crap, Seewalds, ugh. 

Unfortunately, one of those Child Grabbers (TM) agencies would probably do it. :(:(

Blathering on, Now with Adoption talk! Part 5

Is this show like "fundie bachelor" and they're trying to sell off Jana and Jinger? Because thats really what this feels like: "Look fans, they're not weird... they can do shit! They can do home repairs and flip cars and normal shit!"

Back in arkansas... Jessa has spurge on the bed.  She tells Bin to make sure the diaper bag is packed. They're going on a date.

Bin - before the baby it was easy getting out the door.  Now... (why is his hat on backwards?  He is not vanilla ice FFS) Now that he's here we have another person that we have to get all prepared. Babies require a lot of stuff.

Jessa says he needs a blue pacifier. She explains her diaper bag.  She needs diapers, clothes... pacifier... there's more stuff but she cant think of it... until its too late.

They talk about bringing 10 diapers, just in case.

Bin - we wouldnt need 10 diapers but its better to be overprepared

Jessa - we've been out and havent had diapers and that hasnt been fun (WTF jessa? Dont you know when to shut up?)

Jana - newborns are a little easier to take and go on a date as long as they're happy, they're so easy to take care of.

Jinger - before spurge was born binessa would go out of a date it seemed like every day (can someone do something about jinger's eyeshadow becaue HOLY HELL I dont know what happened.  That is not "smokey".  Its bordering on drawing on eyebrows... in purple)

We see the white minivan with too many stick figures pull out of the driveway... They head towards "town."

Bin - before spurge we had dates, now we have to make a concious effort.

They go to "Tacos4life" Grill ( Is this a taco place that is anti abortion?)

There is a razorback logo on the side... bin pimps the place but its his friend's place.  Its not the most romantic, but they provide meals for children in CA.  For each meal they sell a lot of that money goes to feeding hungry kids.

They eat tacos.  Jessa loves tacos... 

Jinger -Tacos can be an awkward food to have.  It depends on the stge of your relationship.

Jessa - I think its romantic.  

They make eyes at eachother. 

Jessa talks about looking into adoption more.  She's excited about that

Bin - I'm looking forward to that

Jessa - The agency that we're looking to work with, they wont let you adopt while you have ayoung infant.  When the baby is 9 months old you can come back and do paperwork.

Jessa explains that ever since they went to CA and saw the orphanages they see all the kids that need a good home... hopefully they'll start domestic and then do an international adoption (TAKE THAT, ANGELINA JOLIE, I CAN UP YOUR INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION OF CHILDREN!)

Bin - Our first date with spurgeon was great.  He just slept thourgh it and we had some time together.  They leave their trash on the table, no tip in sight.

At the airport Anna and the gaggle go to meet the "family" as they return.  Its 10 PM and ALL the littles are with them.  They're climbing on stuff in a play area. Anna is glad to have them back.  Jana tells us how there were days when they didnthear from them and they worried something happened...

Michelle ignores the kids... they unfurl a giant banner... and clap as they come down the escalator.

Jinger - it was really neat coming home.  I'm so thankful for the country that I live in... 

Josiah  - It was great to see the family and friends that came out.... they prayed for our safety

Jana - it was great having them come back safe... JILL AND DERICK ARE IN DANGER! We pray!

Next week - Jinger has her own episode of "car flipping", they build a tree house with heavy equipment.  They ask Jinger/Jana/JD about courting.  Bin watches spurge while Jessa goes out for coffee... Bin changes a diaper. 

Just now, Gossamer1 said:

Do the EVER make their bed? 

I'm a pretty terrible house keeper but if I knew there would be a film crew in the house I would at least pull the comforter up so it didn't look quite so shabby. Yes, I know they have a newborn but isn't being a homemaker the only thong Jessa was trained to do?

I stress out when I need something repaired at the last minute and need to have a service person in the house. I like a good week's notice for company. I could never put my place on TV in it's natural state, but maybe they're used to it by now?

Is this show like "fundie bachelor" and they're trying to sell off Jana and Jinger? Because thats really what this feels like: "Look fans, they're not weird... they can do shit! They can do home repairs and flip cars and normal shit!"

And this is just so bizarre. They're so invested in traditional jinder roles, and now they're extolling these young ladies' more masculine pursuits/talents? It's just bizarre.

Jessa has spurge on the bed.

Why yes. Yes, I'm sure she frequently does. :brainbleach:

Kid has an unfortunate name.

14 minutes ago, hollywood said:

My brain hurts waiting for Bin to spit out a sentence. It is seriously giving me a headache. 

my parents came over for dinner -this is how boring this show is for me :D

i will watch the later episode and comment 

but I so agree about #theedgypreacher

I very nearly yelled at the TV when they said it was 10 p.m. and ALL the Littles were at the airport. BECAUSE IT TAKES EIGHT PEOPLE TO PICK PEOPLE UP FROM THE AIRPORT?????? Grandma couldn't get stuck with them for a while?

1 minute ago, Terrier99 said:

I very nearly yelled at the TV when they said it was 10 p.m. and ALL the Littles were at the airport. BECAUSE IT TAKES EIGHT PEOPLE TO PICK PEOPLE UP FROM THE AIRPORT?????? Grandma couldn't get stuck with them for a while?

Josie doesnt have a sleep schedule! She freaking runs that place. 

• Criscat locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived